Bless the Broken Road

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Everything Zach knew changed when he was just a toddler. Life became a lot scarier, and a lot harder. Now he... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
Season One
Never Normal Again
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. Shadow
13. Hell House
14. Something Wicked
15. Provenance
16. Dead Man's Blood
17. Salvation
18. Devil's Trap
Season Two
19. In My Time of Dying
20. Everybody Loves a Clown
21. Bloodlust
22. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
23. Simon Said
24. No Exit
25. The Usual Suspects
26. Crossroad Blues
27. Croatoan
28. Hunted
29. Nightshifter
30. Houses of the Holy
31. Born Under a Bad Sign
32. Tall Tales
33. Roadkill
34. Hollywood Babylon
35. Folsom Prison Blues
36. What Is and What Should Never Be
37. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part One)
38. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)
Season Three
39. The Magnificent Seven
40. The Kids Are Alright
41. Bad Day at Black Rock
42. Sin City
43. Bedtime Stories
44. Red Sky at Morning
45. Fresh Blood
46. A Very Supernatural Christmas
47. Malleus Malleficarum
48. Dream a Little Dream of Me
49. Mystery Spot
50. Jus in Bello
51. Ghostfacers
52. Long Distance Call
53. Time Is on My Side
54. No Rest For the Wicked
Season Four
55. Lazarus Rising
56. Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
57. In the Beginning
58. Metamorphosis
59. Monster Movie
60. Yellow Fever
62. Wishful Thinking
63. I Know What You Did Last Summer
64. Heaven and Hell
65. Family Remains
66. Criss Angel Is a Douchebag
67. After School Special
68. Sex & Violence
69. Death Takes a Holiday
70. On the Head of a Pin
71. It's a Terrible Life
72. The Monster at the End of This Book
73. Jump the Shark
74. The Rapture
75. When the Levee Breaks
76. Lucifer Rising
Season Five
77. Sympathy for the Devil
78. Good God, Y'all!
79. Free to Be You and Me
80. The End
81. Fallen Idols
82. I Believe the Children Are Our Future
83. The Curious Case of Zach Winchester
84. Changing Channels
85. The Real Ghostbusters
86. Abandon All Hope...
87. Sam, Interrupted
88. Swap Meat
89. The Song Remains the Same
90. My Bloody Valentine
91. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
92. Dark Side of the Moon
93. 99 Problems
94. Point of No Return
95. Hammer of the Gods
96. The Devil You Know
97. Two Minutes to Midnight
98. Swan Song
Book Two

61. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester

38 3 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Two Days Before Halloween

EXT. WALLACE HOUSE

A kid was putting a skull in front of a headstone on the lawn in the front yard. A woman walked up with a big candy bucket in her left hand, and a pumpkin and grocery bag in the other. The woman walked up the stairs, onto the porch and into the house.

INT. WALLACE KITCHEN

A baby was being fed some orange baby food by a man. The woman walked in and set the pumpkin on the counter along with the grocery bag.

"Ooh-" Mrs. Wallace began.

"How was the store?" Luke asked.

"Oh, madness. Everyone in town was stocking up." She reached over to the baby in the chair. "Hi, sweetie." She walked over to a cupboard above the counter and opened it to put the pail of candy away.

"Did, uh, you get enough?"

"Oh, hey, I had to arm wrestle Norma Bleaker for these."

"Honey, she's 74."

"And a lot stronger than she looks." Luke reached for the candy to take a piece and she swatted his hand away. "Ah-ah-ah, remember last year? We ran out at 6:40."

"It's just one piece." He went to reach for a piece again and she swatted his hand away again.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, you can have as much as you want after Halloween." She turned to the baby. "Who needs a bath? Huh? Huh?" She lifted the baby from the high chair. "Oh, there we go!" She looked at Luke. "You coming?"

"I'll uh, I'll be up in a minute."

"Okay."

After she left, Luke turned and opened the cupboard and got a piece of candy. "Oh-"

He pulled out his fingers to see blood on them. He reached back in, moaning in pain as he pulled a double-sided razor free and took it out of his mouth, blood coming out of the cut as he did so. When he looked at it, he started to gag, and grabbed the countertop as he leaned over and started spitting blood He spit out another razor blade and continued to spit blood and kneeled over. Luke spat another razor blade and fell down to the floor.

"Luke, what's taking you so long?" Mrs. Wallace asked.

She walked back in holding the baby and saw him on the floor, blood starting to pool around his open mouth, eyes staring blankly.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God!" Mrs. Wallace cried as she screamed.

WALLACE KITCHEN - DAY

"Now how many razor blades did they find?" Sam asked.

One Day Before Halloween

Mrs. Wallace sighed and was nearly in tears as she replied, "Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" She noticed Dean and Zach looking around the front of the stove and in the oven door. "The candy was never in the oven."

"We just have to be thorough, Mrs. Wallace," Dean told her.

"Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?" Zach inquired.

"No, I mean, I don't think so," Mrs. Wallace answered. "I just -- I can't believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?"

"More than you imagine," Dean replied, emerging from the floor and showed his brothers a hex bag, behind Mrs. Wallace's back so she couldn't see and made sure to keep her from seeing it.

Sam sighed and looked at Mrs. Wallace. "Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?"

"Enemies?" Mrs. Wallace repeated.

"Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?"

"What do you mean?"

Mrs. Wallace got what Sam meant and got offended. "Are you suggesting an affair?"

"Is it possible?"

"No! No, Luke would nev-"

"I'm very sorry. We just have to consider all possibilities."

"If someone wanted to kill my husband, don't you think they'd find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?"

Sam looked at Dean and Zach who raised their eyebrows at Sam.

MOTEL ROOM

Sam was sitting on a couch with his laptop and a few books on the coffee table in front of him while he flipped the pages of the books. Zach flipped through other books as he tapped his pen on his leg. He picked up something from the hex bag that looked organic and held it up. Dean entered and tossed his keys on the table under the window. He unwrapped a piece of candy before tossing it in his mouths.

Sam saw him put the candy in his mouth. "Really? After that guy choked down all those razor blades?"

"It's Halloween, man," Dean reasoned.

Zach shook his head. "You're impossible."

"Yeah, every day for us is Halloween," Sam told him.

Dean sat on the arms of the couch and looked at Sam's research.

"Anything interesting?" Dean asked.

"Well, we're on a witch hunt, that's for sure, but this isn't your typical hex bag."

Sam indicated to the hex bag which was open on the table. There was a silver piece, the size of a coin, and something small and charred in addition to the organic thing that looked like a dried up flower.

"Hmm, no?" Dean said.

Sam picked up the dried up flower looking piece. "Goldthread, an herb that's been extinct for 200 years. And this," he picked up the silver piece, "is Celtic, and I don't mean some new age knock-off. It looks like the real deal, like 600 years old real." Dean picked up the charred thing and smelled it. "And um... that is the charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby."

"Ugh." He put the bone down, looking disgusted. "Gross."

"Relax, man, it's like, at least a hundred years old," Zach told him.

Dean met his eyes. "Oh, right, like that makes it better? Witches, dudes, they're so friggin' skeevy. And using newborn baby bones. That's just sick."

Dean moved over to the chair next to the couch and sat down.

"Yeah, well it takes a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together," Sam said. "More juice that we've ever dealt with, that's for sure. What about you two? Find anything on the victim?"

"This Luke Wallace?" Dean said. "He was so vanilla that he made vanilla seem spicy."

Sam scoffed at their lack of leads.

"We can't find any reason why somebody would want this guy dead," Zach added.

BASEMENT

There was a high school party going on. Two girls, one dressed in a nurse outfit, Jenny, and one dressed in a cheerleader outfit, Tracy, walked through the party and a guy dressed in full costume walked between them and bumped into them.

"Hey," the guy greeted.

"This party blows," Jenny said. "We should just go TP somebody."

Tracy looked at her, but turned and saw someone and walked over. "Uh, hey Justin."

"Yo," Justin replied.

"You break into the booze yet?"

"Uh, it's triple locked. So, you guys going to that mausoleum party tomorrow night?"

"Are you gonna be there?" Jenny asked.

"It's gonna be rad. I'm gonna get so baked!" He laughed and Jenny, trying to be flirty, laughed with him.

"Well, it's gonna be better than this G-rated assfest."

"Oh, come on, it's not that bad." Tracy turned and noticed a tub with water and apples in it. "Oh, check it out."

"Okay, bobbing for apples is lame," Justin said.

"Oh, come on, it's Halloween."

"Mmm... lame."

Tracy gave him a look and turned back around, kneeling in front of the tub, and held her hair as she bobbed for an apple and got one on the first try, her short cheerleader skirt coming up in the process. Tracy turned around in victory and took a bite out of the apple.

"I stand corrected."

"Well, I wanna try," Jenny told them.

Tracy went back and stood next to Justin. Jenny went to the tub, knelt down, and tried, but couldn't get an apple. She tried again and missed. The third time she tried, her face got stuck underwater.

"Wow, she can really hold her breath," Justin commented.

Tracy laughed at him, but Jenny still wasn't coming up and began struggling, her heels scraping across the floor, trying to get some leverage. Tracy and Justin realized something was wrong.

Tracy went over to the tub and knelt beside her. "Jenny?"

Jenny continued struggling and Tracy turned to Justin and cried, "Help me!"

Justin went to help Tracy.

"Jenny, what's wrong?" Tracy asked.

Tracy and Justin continued trying to pull Jenny, but couldn't get her head above water.

"Help!" Tracy yelled.

Justin tried to pry Jenny's hand off the side of the tub, but couldn't get it loose either. "Come on, let go." The water in the tub started bubbling and steam rose off the surface. "What is happening?"

"Jenny, come on!"

Jenny screamed under the water and her face turned red as she struggled.

"Help!" Tracy cried. "Jenny! Jenny!" Jenny stopped struggling. "Jenny."

Justin pulled Jenny up from the water and her face was boiled.

"Oh, oh my God," Justin said.

Tracy held her mouth and stared at Jenny.

Sam, Dean and Zach came down the stairs to the crime scene. There was a guy with a Forensic jacket on taking pictures of the bobbing for apples tub, and a police officer talking to Tracy.

"Have you been drinking?" the officer asked.

"Yes," Tracy replied.

Sam and Zach went to join the questioning and Dean put his hand up, stopping them.

"I got this one," Dean told the others as he licked his lips and they sighed.

"Two words: jail bait," Sam said.

"I would never-"

Sam rolled his eyes at Dean and walked to the couch and started lifting the cushions, looking for a hex bag. Dean smirked behind Sam's back.

Zach shot him a look and whispered, "Stop it."

"It's just so weird," Tracy said. "The water in the tub - it wasn't hot, I had just been in there myself."

"Your friend didn't happen to know a man named Luke Wallace?" Dean questioned. Tracy turned to look at him  he held up a badge. "Agent Seger, FBI. This is my partner, Agent Abbott."

"Um, who's Luke Wallace?"

"He died yesterday," Zach said.

"I don't know who that is."

Sam held up a hex bag he'd found in the couch cushions. Dean and Zach nodded at him and looked down at Tracy.

MOTEL ROOM

Dean was on the computer at the table. Sam and Zach were on the beds looking through books. Sam sat up, looking intently at a book he was reading.

"I'm telling you two, both these vics are squeaky clean," Dean said. "There is no reason for a wicked bitch payback."

"Maybe 'cause it's not about that," Sam replied, causing his brothers to look at him questioningly.

"Wow, insightful," Dean stated.

"Maybe this witch isn't working the grudge, maybe they're working a spell. Check this out." Zach read from a book. "Three blood sacrifices over three days, the last before midnight on the final day of the final harvest. Celtic calendar, the final day of the final harvest is October 31st." He handed the book to Dean.

"Halloween."

"Exactly."

"What exactly are the, uh, blood sacrifices for?" Dean asked.

"Uh, if I'm right, this witch is summoning a demon, and not just any demon - Samhain," Sam replied.

Dean frowned. "Am I supposed to be impressed?"

"Dean, Samhain is the damn origin of Halloween. The Celts believe that October 31st was the one night of the year when the veil was the thinnest between the living and the dead, and it was Samhain's night. I mean, masks were put on to hide from her, sweets left on doorsteps to appease him, faces carved into pumpkins to worship him. He was exorcised centuries ago."

"So even though Samhain took a trip downstairs, the tradition stuck."

"Exactly, only now instead of demons and blood orgies, Halloween is all about kids, candy and costumes."

"Okay, so some witch wants to raise Samhain and take back the night?"

"Dean, this is serious."

"I am serious."

"We're talking heavyweight witchcraft. This ritual can only be performed every 600 years."

"And the 600 year maker rolls around..."

Zach met his eyes. "Tomorrow night."

"Naturally."

Dean looked at the book. He'd flipped to a page showing a demon on a heap of bodies holding a head in his hand. "Well it sure is a lot of death and destruction for one demon."

"That's because he likes his company," Sam explained. "Once he's raised, Samhain can do some raising of his own."

"Raising what, exactly?"

"Dark, evil crap and lots of it, I mean, they follow him around like the friggin' Pied Piper."

"So we're talking ghosts."

"Yeah."

"Zombies."

"Mm-hmm."

"Leprechauns?"

"Dean-"

"Those little dudes are scary. Small hands."

"Look, it just starts with ghosts and ghouls, this sucker keeps on going, by night's end we are talking every awful thing we have ever seen. Everything we fight, all in one place."

"It's gonna be a slaughterhouse," Dean and Zach said.

EXT. WALLACE HOUSE

Dean and Zach were sitting in the Impala outside the house watching and Dean was eating candy and Zach grabbed a couple pieces, smirking when Dean frowned at him. Dean's phone started ringing and he pulled it out, flipped it open and looked at the caller ID before answering and pressing a button.

"Hey," Dean greeted. "You're on speaker."

"How's it going?" Sam asked from the motel.

"Awesome, yeah, Zach and I talked with Mrs. Razor Blade again. We've been sitting out in front of her house for hours and we've got a big steamy pile of nothing."

"Look, Dean, Zach, someone planted those hex bags, someone with access to both houses. There's gotta be some connection."

"Yeah, well, Dean and I hope we find 'em soon 'cause we're starting to cramp like a-" he stopped as he and Dean saw something.

"Son of a bitch," Dean said.

Across the street, Tracy was walking up to the Wallace house.

"Quit whining."

"No, Sam, he means, son of a bitch," Zach said.

Dean and Zach watched as Tracy walked up to the door knocked, and Mrs. Wallace opened it with the baby in her arms.

"Hey," Tracy greeted.

"Hi," Mrs. Wallace replied.

Tracy spoke to the baby. "Hi!"

MOTEL ROOM

Dean threw the motel key, with a Moonlight Motel 126 keychain on it onto the bed. Sam was lying on the bed with his laptop open.

"So, our apple bobbing cheerleader?" Sam questioned.

"Tracy?" Dean and Zach replied.

"Mm-hmm?"

"The Wallaces' babysitter," Dean told him. "Told me and Zach she never even heard of Luke Wallace."

"Huh, interesting look for a centuries old witch."

"Yeah, well, if you were a 600 year hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would, hmm..." He sat on the other bed and got lost in thought as his brothers looked at him with furrowed brows. Dean noticed and raised his eyebrows at them innocently.

Sam cracked a smile before saying, "Well, Tracy's not as wholesome as she looks. Did some digging - apparently she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers, got suspended from school." He handed Dean the laptop and Zach sat next to Dean on the bed.

Next to a picture of Tracy were some notes.

NOTE: Student suspended for a violent act on a teacher.

STUDENT NAME: Tracy Davis

ADDRESS: 27 Lirewenshire Lane

PARENT NAME: Jerome Walker Davis

PARENT NAME: Mary Jane Kanoli Davis

STUDENT EMAIL: tracydavis@kadsf.std2

PARENT EMAIL: jwdavis@qerqwe.com

GRADE: 11

HOME ROOM: Mr. Goldwyn

COUNSELOR: Mrs. Parks

EMERGENCY CONTACT: Mary Davis 555-0892

INT. HIGH SCHOOL

Dean walked into a room full of art masks and looked up. He saw a particular demonic looking one and focused on it. He heard the screams and screeches from Hell. Two figures walked up behind Dean.

"Bring back memories?" Sam asked.

"What do you mean?" Dean questioned.

"Being a teenager, all that angst."

Zach shuddered. "Teenage years sucked."

Dean sighed, relieved that they didn't see what was going on while he stared at the mask. "Oh."

"What'd you think I meant?" Sam wondered.

"Nothing." He looked at Justin, who was putting a big bong-shaped piece into a kiln. "Now that brings back memories."

"Dude, I need a bigger kiln," Justin said.

A teacher came around a corner and asked, "You gentlemen wanna talk to me?"

"Ah, Mr. Harding," Sam greeted.

"Oh, please, Don." He reached for Sam's hand.

"Okay, Don."

Don reached for Dean's hand next. "Even my students call me Don." He reached his hand out to Zach.

"Yeah, we get it, Don," Dean said.

Dean, Sam and Zach pulled out their badges.

Dean continued. "I'm Agent Geddy, this is Agent Lee, and this is Agent Rutsey. We just had a few questions about, uh, Tracy Davis."

"Uh, yeah, Tracy, uh, bright kid, loads of talent. It's a shame she got suspended."

"Uh, you two had a... uh, violent altercation."

"Yeah, she exploded. If Principal Murrow hadn't walked by when he did, Tracy would have clawed my eyes out."

"Why?" Sam and Zach asked.

"I, uh, you know, I was only trying to rap with her about her work. It had gotten inappropriate and disturbing."

Dean turned and indicated the angry masks hanging on the wall and the ceiling. "More disturbing, than, uh, those guys?"

"She would cover page after page with these bizarre cryptic symbols, and then there were the drawings. Detailed pictures of killings, gory, primitive, and she would depict herself in the middle of them, participating."

"Symbols, what kind of symbols?" Sam questioned. "Uh, anything like this?" He showed Don a small bag with the silver Celtic coin on it.

"Yeah, yeah, I think that might have been one of them."

"You know where Tracy is now?" Zach asked.

"I would imagine her apartment."

"Her apartment?" Dean repeated.

"Yeah, she got here about a year ago, alone, as I understood it, as an emancipated teen. God only knows what her parents were like."

MOONLIGHT MOTEL

Dean and Zach drove up and got out as Sam walked up to the passenger's seat of the Impala from another direction.

"So?" Dean and Zach asked.

"Tracy was nowhere I could find," Sam replied. "Any luck with her friends?"

"Nah, luck is not our style," Dean said. "Her friends don't know where she is. It's like the bitch popped a broomstick."

Dean, Sam and Zach made their way towards their motel room and a kid dressed as an astronaut started walking towards their room.

"She could be making the third sacrifice any time," Sam said.

"Yes, thank you Sam," Dean shot back.

The astronaut walked up to them and held up a bucket of candy. "Trick or treat."

"This is a motel," Dean told him.

"So?"

"So we don't have any candy."

"No, we have a ton in the..." Sam trailed, seeing a look from Zach and looked back and pointed towards the Impala.

"We did, but it's gone."

Sam looked at Dean, getting his meaning and saw Zach's eye roll. The astronaut looked unimpressed and Dean looked down at him.

"Sorry kid, we can't help ya."

"I want candy," the astronaut demanded.

"Well, I think you've had enough."

The astronaut glared at Dean, narrowing his eyes. As the astronaut walked past Dean, he shoved into him and Dean put his hands up.

Sam and Zach entered their motel room and the former immediately drew his gun and moved forward in an offensive stance, ready to attack. "Who are you?!"

Dean rushed in and tried to stop him.

"Sam!" Dean yelled. "Sam, wait! It's Castiel."

Dean and Zach put their hands on Sam's gun and pushed it down, and Sam stood there, stunned. "The angel." They spotted another figure, Uriel, standing by the window. "Him, I don't know."

Sam looked at Castiel in wonder and a smile crossed his face.

"Hello, Sam," Castiel greeted.

"Oh, my God - er - uh - I didn't mean to - sorry," Sam stammered. "It's an honor, really I-I've heard a lot about you."

Sam stepped forward and held out his hand to shake Castiel's. Dean entered and closed the door to their room. Castiel looked at Sam's hand like he wasn't sure what to do with it. Sam shook it a little and Castiel finally understood and put his right hand in Sam's.

"And I, you. Sam Winchester - The boy with the demon blood. Glad to see you've ceased your extracurricular activities."

Uriel glanced at Castiel. "Let's keep it that way."

"Yeah, okay, Chuckles," Dean said, looking back at Castiel. "Who's your friend?"

"This the raising of Samhain, have you stopped it?" Castiel questioned.

"Why?" Dean asked.

"Dean, have you located the witch?"

"Yes, we've located the witch," Dean replied.

"And is the witch dead?"

"No, but-" Sam began.

"No, but we know who it is," Zach finished.

Castiel walked towards the table by the bed. "Apparently the witch knows who you are too." He picked up a hex bag and showed it to them. "This was inside the wall of your room. If we hadn't found it, surely on or all of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?"

Dean, Sam and Zach exchanged a look and Dean said, "We're working on it."

"That's unfortunate."

"What do you care?"

"The raising of Samhain is one of the 66 seals."

Zach frowned. "So this is about your buddy Lucifer."

"Lucifer is no friend of ours," Uriel told them.

"It's an expression."

"Lucifer cannot rise," Castiel warned. "The breaking of the seal must be prevented at all costs."

"Okay, great, well now that you're here, why don't you tell us where the witch is, we'll gank her and everybody goes home," Dean said.

"We are not omniscient. This witch is very powerful, she's cloaked even our methods."

"Okay, well we already know who she is, so if we work together-" Sam was cut off.

"Enough of this," Uriel interrupted.

"Okay, who are you and why should I care?" Dean asked.

"Why should we care?" Zach snapped.

Uriel turned from the window and looked at Dean and Zach.

"This is Uriel, he's what you might call a... specialist," Castiel explained as Uriel walked towards them.

Zach eyed Uriel suspiciously. "Specialist? What kind of specialist?"

"You two - uh, all of you - you need to leave this town immediately."

"Why?"

"Because we're about to destroy it."

Sam, Dean and Zach exchanged a worried glance.

"So this is your plan, you're gonna smite the whole friggin' town?" Dean asked.

"We're out of time," Castiel told them. "The witch has to die, the seal must be saved."

"There are a thousand people here," Sam commented.

"One thousand two hundred fourteen," Uriel informed.

"And you're willing to kill them all?"

"This isn't the first time I've... purified a city."

"Look,  I understand this is regrettable," Castiel said.

"Regrettable?" Dean and Zach repeated.

"We have to hold the line. Too many seals have broken already."

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?" Dean questioned.

"It's the lives of one thousand against the lives of the six billion. There's a bigger picture here."

"Right, 'cause you're bigger picture kind of guys," Zach shot back.

"Lucifer cannot rise. He doesn't and Hell rises with him. Is that something you're willing to risk?"

"We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone," Sam said. "Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die."

"We're wasting time with these mud monkeys," Uriel protested.

Castiel turned away from Dean and Zach to Uriel. "I'm sorry, but we have our orders."

"No, you can't do this, you're angels, I mean aren't you supposed to - You're supposed to show mercy," Sam told them.

"Says who?" Uriel asked.

"We have no choice," Castiel replied.

"Of course you have a choice," Dean said. "I mean, come on, what? You've never questioned a crap order, huh? What are you two, just a few hammers?"

"Look, even if you can't understand it, have faith. The plan is just."

"How can you even say that?" Sam wondered.

"Because it comes from Heaven, that makes it just."

"Oh, it must be nice, to be so sure of yourselves," Dean said.

Castiel looked at him. "Tell me something, Dean, when your father gave you and your brother an order, didn't you two obey?"

Dean and Zach looked at Castiel for a second before Dean replied, "Well sorry boys, looks like the plans have changed."

"You think you can stop us?" Uriel questioned.

Zach walked over and stood in front of Uriel. "No, but if you're gonna smite this whole town, then you're gonna have to smite us with it, because we are not leaving. See, you went to the trouble of busting my big brother out of Hell. I figure he's worth something to the man upstairs. So you wanna waste him, go ahead, see how he likes that. Touch my brothers and it'll be the last thing you do."

"I will drag you two out of here myself."

"Yeah, but you'll have to kill us, then we're back to the same problem," Dean replied. "I mean, come on, you're gonna wipe out a whole town for one little witch. Sounds to us like you're compensating for something." Dean and Zach turned back and looked at Castiel. "We can do this. We will find that witch and we will stop the summoning."

"Castiel! I will not let these peop-" Uriel was cut off.

Castiel held up his hands at Uriel and yelled, "Enough!"

Castiel stared at Dean and Zach a moment. "I suggest you move quickly."

EXT. MOONLIGHT MOTEL

Dean, Sam and Zach walked up to the Impala, which was splattered with eggs. Dean walked around to the driver's side as Sam opened the passenger side door and as Zach opened the back.

Dean looked around, angry, and cried, "Astronaut!"

IMPALA

Dean took a seat next to Sam in the Impala, while Zach took a seat in the back, and he noticed Sam's expression. "What?"

"Nothing," Sam replied, holding the hex bag in his hands and taking a breath. "I thought they'd be different."

"Who, the angels?" Dean asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, I tried to tell ya."

"I just... I mean, I thought they'd be righteous."

"Well they are righteous, I mean, that's kinda the problem," Dean replied. "Of course there's nothing more dangerous than some a-hole who thinks he's on a holy mission."

"But, I mean, this is God? And Heaven? This is what I've been praying to?"

"Look man, I know you're into that whole God thing, you know, Jesus on a tortilla and stuff like that. But just because there's a couple of bad apples doesn't mean the whole barrel's rotten. I mean, for all we know, God hates those jerks. Don't give up on this stuff, is all I'm saying. Babe Ruth was a dick, but baseball's still a beautiful game." Sam looked at him, still disappointed. He started going through the contents of the bag in his hand and picked up the bone. "Well, are you gonna figure out a way to find this witch, or are you just gonna sit there fingering your bone?" Dean started the Impala.

"You know how much heat it would take to char a bone like this, Dean, Zach?"

"No," Dean replied.

Zach looked at the charred bone. "Well, more than a grill fire."

Sam nodded. "A lot, I mean, more than a fire or some kitchen oven."

"Okay, Betty Crocker, what does that mean?" Dean asked.

"It means we make a stop."

INT. HIGH SCHOOL

Don walked over to a kiln in his classroom at the school. Sam went over to Don's desk.

"So Tracy used the kiln to char the bone, what's the big deal?" Dean questioned.

Sam was rifling through the stuff on Don's desk as Dean and Zach walked over. "Dean, Zach, that hex bag turned up in our room, not after we talked to Tracy-"

"After we talked to the teacher," Dean and Zach finished.

Sam noticed a bottom drawer of Don's desk was locked with a latch. "Hey-"

Dean and Zach noticed it too, and Sam got a hammer off the table behind them and knelt down to hit the lock until it broke free. He opened the drawer where there were bones in a bowl, one charred, the others not.

Sam straightened. "My God, those are all from children."

Zach's nose scrunched as Dean said, "And I'm guessing he's not saving them for the dog."

EXT. PARK

Castiel was standing and Uriel were sitting on a park bench as some children skipped by in Halloween costumes.

"The decision's been made," Castiel said.

Uriel laughed. "By two mud monkeys."

"You shouldn't call them that."

"Ah, it's what they are, savages, just plumbing on two legs."

"You're close to blasphemy," Castiel warned, causing Uriel to sigh. "There's a reason we were sent to save him. They have potential, they may succeed here."

Castiel sat on the bench, Uriel next to him, and sighed.

"And any rate, it's out of our hands," Castiel added.

"It doesn't have to be," Uriel said.

"And what would you suggest?"

"That we drag Dean and Zach Winchester out of here and then we blow this insignificant pinprick off the map."

"You know our true orders. Are you prepared to disobey?"

Uriel looked at him.

STREET

Kids were walking down the street in Halloween costumes with their parents. One small group walked up to a house and looked at the door, which was dark.

The mother, dressed as a witch, shook her head at the little girl whose hand she was holding. "No, no we won't, let's try this one."

EXT. BASEMENT

Don began an incantation. Tracy was tied up with a rope and a rag was wrapped around her mouth, stifling her cries as she struggled to get free. Don was standing at an altar. He took a knife and chalice from the table and walked over to Tracy. He ran the tip of the knife down her neck, not drawing blood, but staring at her. Don raised the knife above his head to stab her, and got shot from behind three times. Dean, Sam and Zach arrived, and Dean went over to Tracy to untie her as Sam and Zach checked Don's body Dean cut Tracy down and she ripped off the gag.

"Thank you, he was gonna kill me!" Tracy cried. "Ugh, that son of a bitch. I mean, did you see what he was doing? Did you hear him? How sloppy his incantation was?" Dean, Sam and Zach looked up. "My brother-" The brothers went to draw their guns again. "Always was a little dim."

Tracy threw her hand up and yelled an incantation and Dean, Sam and Zach flew back, hit the ground, and writhed in pain.

She continued. "He was gonna make me the final sacrifice, his idea, but now, that honor goes to him. Our master's return? The spell work's a two man job you understand, so for 600 years I had to deal with that pompous son of a bitch. Planning, preparing, unbearable." She knelt by Don and picked up the knife and chalice. "The whole time I wanted to rip his face off."

Tracy began digging the knife into Don's bullet wound and held the chalice up to catch the blood flow. She looked back towards Dean, Sam and Zach, who were still writhing in pain on the floor and clutching their stomachs.

"And you get him with a gun, uh, love that," Tracy said as she got up and went back to the altar on the table. You know, back in the day, this was the one day you kept your children inside. Well tonight you'll all see what Halloween really is."

She started another incantation and Sam, still clutching his stomach in pain, made his way to Don's body and put his hand in blood and smeared it on his face.

Dean saw him and whispered, "What are you doing?"

"Just follow my lead," Sam replied.

Sam spread the blood on Dean and Zach's faces and moved away from Dean. As Tracy finished the incantation, the ground cracked and blacksnake poured from it, and the body of Don rose. Samhain had risen, thus breaking another seal. As he opened his eyes, he revealed they were white with the pupils staying black. Dean, Sam and Zach laid still on the floor, their torture finished. Samhain rose off the floor, and looked at Tracy's back that was turned to him. His vision was blurry. He walked over to her and she turned around, smiling at him. Samhain kissed her.

"My love," Tracy said.

"You've aged," Samhain commented.

"This face... I can't fool you."

"Your beauty is beyond time." He leaned in and their foreheads rested together before he suddenly snapped her neck sideways and she fell to the floor. "Whore."

Samhain turned, sniffed the air, and saw Dean, Sam and Zach lying on the floor. He walked over and looked at them for a second. Their eyes were closed. After a second, Samhain walked past them and left, shutting the door behind him.

Dean opened his eyes and leaned over to Sam and Zach and whispered so Samhain didn't hear them. "What the hell was that?"

"Halloween lore," Sam replied. "People used to wear masks to hide from him, so I gave it a shot."

"You gave it a shot?!" Zach spat.

Dean and Zach looked at him, not believing that they'd taken a chance like that on an idea Sam had from reading lore.

STREET

Samhain was walking down the street, covered in blood, but not being noticed.

Dean, Sam and Zach walked across the street towards the Impala, wiping the blood from their faces.

"Where the hell are we gonna find this mook?" Dean wondered.

"Where would you two go to raise other dark forces of the night?" Sam asked.

"The cemetery," Dean and Zach replied.

"Yeah."

They got in the Impala and drove off.

Dean drove, Sam sat in the passenger's seat, and Zach sat in back.

"So, this demon's pretty powerful," Sam commented.

"Yeah," Dean and Zach agreed.

"Might take more than the usual weapons." He glanced at Dean and Zach out of the corner of his eye, and Dean and Zach got what he was suggesting.

"No way," Zach said.

Dean nodded at his words. "Sam, no, you're not using your psychic whatever. Don't even think about it. Ruby's knife is enough."

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Well because the angels said so for one-"

"I thought you said they were a bunch of fanatics."

Dean glanced at him. "Well they happen to be right about this one."

"I don't know, Dean, it doesn't seem like they're right about much."

"Well then forget the angels, okay? You said yourself, these powers, it's like playing with fire." He picked up the knife and held out the handle to Sam. "Please."

Sam took the knife from Dean but said nothing.

MAUSOLEUM

Rap music came from a room in the mausoleum, and teenagers were walking around in costume.

Justin was standing and looking around. "Dude, I'm tripping balls!" Someone began walking down the stairs and Justin noticed. "Yo, shh, be quiet, it's the cops."

Samhain walked down the stairs and turned towards the room they were partying in.

Justin noticed the teacher. "Mr. Harding? I mean, Don?"

Samhain closed the gate to the room and locked it. As he walked away, he ran his hand across the gate.

Justin tried the gate, but it didn't budge. "Don, you, uh, you locked us in."

Justin tried the door again, and it stayed locked, but the doors to the crypts in the room stared shaking. The teenagers backed away into corners, but Justin looked to one side and began backing to the other side. A door opened and hands reached out and grabbed his ankles. Justin screamed as a zombie dragged him off his feet and into the crypt. Seconds later, blood splattered from the crypt, squirting out and covering the ground in front of the crypt. The teens started freaking out and trying to get the gate open. Sam, Dean and Zach down the stairs. Sam looked at Dean and Zach and the people locked in the room.

"Help them," Sam said.

"Dude, you're not going off alone," Dean protested.

Zach shook his head. "This isn't a good idea."

"Do it!" Sam cried.

Sam ran after Samhain and Dean and Zach looked after him for a second, but looked back at the teens, motioning for them to move.

"Stand back! Stand back!" Dean and Zach ordered.

The teens moved away from the gate and Dean shot the lock and kicked the door open to let them out.

"Go on, come on, get out, move!" Dean instructed as Zach ushered people out.

After the teens rushed past them, Dean and Zach watched as a door of a grave in the mausoleum crashed to the ground and broke. A zombie crawled out and stood as another grave door crashed to the ground and the zombie in the next grave over started crawling out as well. Dean and Zach both pulled out a weapon as the second zombie got up and held up what looked to be a silver stake.

"Bring it on, stinky," Dean and Zach taunted.

Sam was walking through the mausoleum looking for Samhain. He turned a corner and saw Samhain in a room facing the far wall. Sam tried to walk up to him silently, narrowing his eyes at the demon. Samhain turned around suddenly and threw up his arm, and a bright white light came out of it. It dimmed and Sam kept walking towards Samhain.

"Yeah, that demon ray gun stuff? It doesn't work on me," Sam said.

Samhain ran at Sam and Sam threw an uppercut punch and they fought. Samhain pushed Sam against a wall by his neck, gaining the upper hand.

CRYPT ROOM

There was a zombie with a silver stake coming out of its chest lying on the floor and Dean and Zach stabbed another zombie to the ground with another silver stake right next to the first one. A pair of shoes walked up behind Dean and Zach with a pair of women's frail feet in them. Dean and Zach heard it and both grabbed a stake but before they could turn around to stab her, she flickered and disappeared, and was behind them as they stood up fully. They turned and she motioned both her hands at them and they flew across the room, sliding down the wall.

"Zombie ghost orgy huh?" Dean questioned. "Well, that's it, we're torching everybody."

Zach glanced at him. "Torching zombies, huh? Works for me."

MAUSOLEUM

Sam managed to get the knife out and tried to stab Samhain, and when it started cutting into his skin, it sizzled and Samhain pushed it out of Sam's hand, and whipped Sam around and threw him into the wall across the room. Sam got up and Samhain looked at him, ready to attack. He went to run at Sam, but Sam put up his hand, and used his psychic power to stop him. Samhain struggled against Sam, but Sam managed to keep him from advancing too much. Dean and Zach came running around the corner and saw Sam using his powers. Dean and Zach's faces fell. Sam saw Dean and Zach over the shoulder of Samhain, but continued. Sam's nose started bleeding and blood pounded in his head, causing him to grab his head with the hand not holding Samhain. Sam exorcized Samhain as his nose continued to bleed and the blood pounding in his head began slowing down. Once Samhain was out of the body, Don's eyes turned back to color and Sam could barely raise his eyes to meet Dean and Zach's stares. Dean and Zach looked at him sadly, with some fear in their eyes.

INT. MOONLIGHT MOTEL

One Day After Halloween

Sam was packing clothes into his duffel bag.

"Tomorrow," Uriel said.

Sam jumped at the sound of someone else in the room and turned to Uriel who continued. "November 2nd, it's an anniversary for you."

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked.

"It's the day Azazel killed your mother, and 22 years later, your girlfriend too. It must be difficult to bear, yet you so brazenly use the power he gave you. His profane blood pumping through your veins."

"Excuse me?"

"You were told not to use your abilities."

"And what was I supposed to do? That demon would have killed me, and my brothers and everyone."

"You were told not to."

"If Samhain had gotten loose in this town-"

"You've been warned, twice now."

"You know? My brother was right about you, you are dicks."

"The only reason you're still alive, Sam Winchester, is because you've been useful. But the moment that ceases to be true, the second you become more trouble than you're worth, one word. One, and I will turn you to dust." Uriel backed off, but kept talking. "As for your brothers, tell them that maybe they should climb off those high horses of theirs. Ask Dean what he remembers from Hell."

Uriel flew off, leaving a wide-eyed Sam who turned around and looked for the angel.

PARK

Dean and Zach were sitting on a park bench watching kids play. Castiel was sitting on the park bench next to them. Dean and Zach were looking the other way, but sensed the angel's arrival.

"Let me guess, you're here for the "I told you so"," Dean said.

"No," Castiel replied.

"Well, good, 'cause we're really not that interested," Zach told him. "After what you said-"

"I am not here to judge you, Dean, Zach."

"Then why are you here?" Dean asked.

"Our orders-"

"Yeah, you know, I've had about enough of these order of yours-"

"Our orders were not to stop the summoning of Samhain, they were to do whatever you two told us to do."

Zach turned to the angel. "Your orders were to follow our orders?"

"It was a test, to see how you two would perform under... battlefield conditions, you might say."

"It was a witch, not the Tet Offensive," Dean said. "So, we, uh, failed your test, huh? We get it. But you know what? If you would have waved that magic time-traveling wand of yours and we had to do it all over again, Zach and I'd've made the same call. 'Cause see, we don't know what's gonna happen when these seals are broke, hell we don't even know what's gonna happen tomorrow. But what we do know is, that this, here? These kids, the swings, the trees, all of it is still here because of my brothers and me."

"You misunderstand us, Dean, Zach, I am not like you think. I was praying that you two would save the town."

"You were?" Dean and Zach questioned.

"These people, they're all our father's creations. They're works of art, and yet, even though you two stopped Samhain, the seal was broken and we are one step closer to Hell on earth, for all creation. Now that's not an expression, Dean, Zach, it's literal. You of all people should appreciate what that means." Dean looked at him a little pained and sad and Zach pursed glanced at Dean. "Can I tell you two something if you two promise not tell another soul?"

"Okay," Dean and Zach agreed.

"I'm not... a hammer as you say. I have questions, I have doubts. I don't know what is right a what is wrong anymore, whether the two of you passed or failed here. But in the coming months, you two will have more decisions to make. I don't envy the weight that's on your shoulders, Dean. I truly don't."

"Well, good for you, Cas," Zach muttered.

The three shared a look and Dean and Zach looked out to the kids again. When they looked back, Castiel was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 616 22
"belle?" dean said looking at me with surprise and a bit of betrayal in his eyes. "shit." "you know these lads?" crowley looked at me, confused. bel...
17.2K 256 72
A father and his newborn daughter set on a quest of sorts to find his father. Along the way, they recruit his brother. Together, they travel the bac...
2.4K 123 20
He was alone in the world, he was on the run from his past, well... of the past he could only remember. That's until he's saved by the Winchester br...
2.9K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...