Lonely Rabbit

By dinorocket5

Izuku, more well known as Rabbit, is finally enjoying his life after years of hell. Now, he gets to save peop... More

Chapter 1: The Day Things Changed
Chapter 2: A Night of Work
Chapter 3: First Real Friend
Chapter 4: Plans for the Future
Chapter 5: Detective and Training
Chapter 6: Eraser meets Rabbit
Chapter 7: Time Flies
Chapter 8: Back Off
Chapter 9: Resurfacing Memories
Chapter 10: Taking Action
Chapter 11: Shinso Saved
Chapter 12: Hero Family
Chapter 13: School Talk
Chapter 14: Haunting Nerves
Chapter 15: Anticipation
Chapter 16: Arriving at UA
Chapter 17: Exam
Chapter 18: Acceptance
Chapter 19: UA
Chapter 20: Proposition/Combat Exercise
Chapter 21: Classes
Chapter 23: USJ Part 2
Chapter 24: Back to School
Chapter 25: Gearing Up
Chapter 26: Sports Festival Start

Chapter 22: USJ Part 1

1.6K 68 4
By dinorocket5

Izuku fiddled with several random parts he had nervously, his friend doing the same but with less anxiety and more boredom. Him and Mei were currently waiting next to Aizawa at the bus that would take them and Class 1-A to the USJ. They had already changed into gym outfits and loaded their gear under the bus. Excitement had made them a bit too eager to arrive early and now they had to wait for the hero students.

Hitoshi was the first one out of course, not waiting to walk with his classmates. With a scowl, Izuku lightly slapped his friend's shoulder.

"What was that for?"

"You need to make some friends, they are your future colleagues."

"You do realize how hypocritical that is right?"

He flushed and puffed his cheeks in a pout at the taller boy. "Actually, I will have you know that I have talked with my classmates other than Mei and even a few older students."

A proud smile crept onto his face while Hitoshi's eyes widened slightly. "Really?"

"Yes really, Mei, I have socialized with our class right?"

The previously occupied girl didn't look up from her tiny invention and simply nodded, "I am as surprised as you are, but he has talked with them... I think they want to see Sushi more though."

The sleeping cat in his bag shifted at mention of her name but went back to sleep quickly. Before Izuku could rebuttal Mei's claim, the hero students finally showed up. A few looked at him and Mei curiously, but they stayed silent as Aizawa spoke.

"Right, I told you yesterday that some other students would be joining us. This is Megumi Izuku and Hatsume Mei from the Support Course. They will be doing their own thing, so do not distract them once we are there."

Izuku nervously glanced over at Katsuki when his name was mentioned, but the blond only gave a small scowl at his given name. He didn't recognize him. It had been almost 6 years now and Izuku now had black hair plus less baby fat on his face, so it was fine.

Ilda, the class president apparently, had everyone introduce themselves to the two and then tried to get everyone onto the bus in an orderly fashion by seat number only to be crushed at the realization it wasn't that kind of bus. Mei had patted his shoulder sympathetically before boarding with a snickering Izuku and Hitoshi on her heels.

"Megumi-kun, Hatsume-chan, I usually say what's on my mind and I was wondering why you two are joining us if you are also first years, ribbit."

The two glanced at each other before Izuku decided he was the best to explain. "Well, we are both ahead of our class as we both already had prior experience with making support gear. Power Loader told us it would be good for us buuuut, I'm pretty sure he just wanted a break from Mei." He smirked.

Said girl gasped, "Why would he ever need a break from me and my babies?!"

Izuku ignored the several choking and shocked hero students around him. "Well considering you've blown something up every single day and it hasn't even been a week..."

"Plus, I saw him slam his head on a desk the other day when I came in with you two after school for my gear." Hitoshi chimed in with a smirk.

While Mei was pouting, Izuku turned back to the class who was just watching them, "Well, Asui was it? That's pretty much the reason, but we are both super excited to test some things out."

"Call me Tsu."

"Oh? Then please call me Izuku."

The conversation continued and Izuku found himself liking a few of these kids, As-Tsu was pretty cool. Somehow, they got to talking about their quirks and Tsu even pointed out his aggressive personality to which Katsuki proved by yelling back. He had to become her friend now.

"My Hardening's strong against others, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like much."

Izuku hummed, "Well I think it is a great quirk! It is versatile and gives great offense on top of grade A defense, a hardened punch could easily knock out a villain and they couldn't harm you with your defenses. Not to mention, Heroes are all about protecting and saving people, right? You can be both a shield and a spear."

The hero students, minus a few, were looking at him in awe, especially the red head he was talking to, Kirishima if he remembered correctly.

"Wow, thanks man, I never thought about it like that!"

"We are here, stop messing around." Aizawa interrupted their conversation, and everyone immediately quieted down and gathered anything they needed.

They all got off the bus and the hero students went to where the hero Thirteen was waiting to greet them while him and Mei went to the side of the bus to get out their gear. Izuku saw Uraraka start to fangirl over the hero, but he didn't hear what was being said.

It took a while to gather up both of their inventions and make sure they weren't damaged on the ride over, but they finally entered the building in the middle of Thirteen's lecture.

"- do not forget that there are many quirks that can easily kill with one wrong step. With Aizawa's physical fitness test, you found out about the possibility of your own hidden powers, and with All Might's person-to-"

Izuku drowned out the rest of the speech in favor of his twisting gut. Something felt wrong and he had no clue what. It felt like danger. But where?

He continued to look around as the feeling grew until the lights began to flicker and he shivered at the sudden feeling of eyes from the plaza. Whipping towards it, Izuku saw a dark purple mist split the air before expanding as a hand reached through and multiple villains appeared.

He knew who this was, he had done research on every single villain or villain group, especially this one after finding AFO was behind them. The misty purple portal and the man with hands covering his body while letting out murderous intent. No doubt about it.

It was the League of Villains. Shigaraki and Kurogiri. The assholes who kept trying to recruit him- well- Rabbit.

"Gather together and don't move, Thirteen, protect the students." Aizawa crouched and readied his scarf while ushering the students back with one arm.

"Is this like the entrance exam where the lesson's already started?" Izuku resisted the urge to glare at the red-headed boy, instead keeping his eyes trained on the growing group of villains.

"Don't move... Those are Villains"

While the class froze in shock, Hitoshi leaned down to whisper in his ear. "I know what dad is thinking, but he can't fight all of them alone, what should we do?"

Izuku took a slow breath to calm his panic. He wasn't scared for himself, but there were roughly 20 untrained student's and they were probably trapped. "I will help him, he already knows that I am a good fighter from our training." He glanced over as Mei leaned into their conversation, face set in determination. "You two need to help Thirteen get these student's out of here, and that includes yourselves."

"Zuku, you might not be able to hold back what if-"

"It'll be fine, I don't care if I have to show more of my cards, everyone needs to get out of here alive." His friend shut his mouth and nodded solemnly, understanding the situation. He trusted Izuku's judgement.

He was only vaguely registering Shigaraki's monologue about where All Might was (honestly he was wondering the same, as much as he disliked the hero, his presence would be appreciated right about now) before saying he mentioned killing some kids.

Aizawa- no, Eraserhead unraveled his scarf in preparation to fight. "Thirteen, get the students out, Kaminari, try to contact the school."

Before the hero rushed out, Izuku placed a hand on his shoulder, making the hero turn in surprise. "Eraserhead, your fighting style isn't suited to groups and while I know you can handle yourself, please allow me to assist you."

"Problem child, you need to leave with everyone else, no hero has only one trick." Izuku gave him a hard and determined look.

"You know I can handle myself; I will retreat as soon as I get overwhelmed even slightly, you can't stop me."

There wasn't time to argue very long and Eraserhead knew that thankfully, so in the end he sighed and nodded. "Fine, but if I tell you to retreat, you listen, understood?"

"Yes sir."

Kirishima seemed to notice their conversation and spoke up, "Hey wait, he isn't even in the hero course, What-"

Hitoshi cut him off, making the class look towards him. Face stoic and relatively calm, he spoke with certainty, "Don't worry about him, Izuku can handle himself and then some. Aizawa knows his skills, he will be fine."

Silently thanking his friend, Izuku shared a nod with Eraserhead before they both rushed forwards.

~ ~ ~

(Hitoshi POV)

This was a nightmare, though Hitoshi didn't let any of his fear or anxiety show. Not only were there villains attacking his class when they weren't even a full week into the school year, but his friend might have to expose his true skills which could get him recognized as his Vigilante identity. Plus said friend and his dad literally charged hundreds of villains. 

And now, that weird misty guy was blocking their exit, introducing themselves as the 'League of Villains' which made Hitoshi's blood run cold in recognition. Izuku had talked a bit about them once, a new group that was trying to recruit him as Rabbit despite the fact that he was literally only doing good as a vigilante.

While he didn't know the details, Hitoshi knew these people were dangerous. He was going to ask the mist guy a question and use his quirk, but then Kirishima and Bakugo rushed the villain only to get transported.

Now here he was, falling towards a large pool of water until someone caught him. "Hito-kun, hold on."

Mei caught him under his arms and was lifting them onto a nearby boat using her hover boots. As soon as they landed, another girl hopped on as well. "Asui, are you okay?"

"I am fine, please call me Tsu, ribbit."

With a quick nod, he turned to peer over the edge of the boat. Several villains were in the water, waiting for them. Now normally, this is a situation where Hitoshi would find himself making a plan, a great and complex plan. Instead of that, he gave a breathy chuckle.

The two girls looked at him and he turned back to them. "Alright well, I was going to suggest using my quirk to make them fight each other while you two get us out, but we have Mei. Didn't you bring that new shocking baby?"

As-Tsu gave them both a weird look, but her face cleared up in realization as Mei responded with a squeal while taking out one of her devices

"YES! This baby is a long range taser with thick and controllable cords so that they can be aimed with more precision and the voltage can reach 20,000 volts at most, but only if you switch the safety off which keeps it at a non-lethal voltage of 3,000 or less. It also has a-"

Hitoshi quickly cut her excited ramble off. While in any other situation he would find her rambles endearing and entertaining, now was not the time. "Tell me the rest later Mei, we need to get back to the D-Aizawa-sensei and Izuku."

Tsu tilted her head curiously. "I am rather intrigued to know why Izuku went with Sensei to fight, ribbit, he is a first year and isn't in the hero course at all right?"

With a quick nod, Hitoshi began to survey their opponents to determine the voltage they should use. "Yeah, we will explain later but he can hold his own, Sensei wouldn't have let him come if he didn't know that."

She accepted that answer while he and Mei began to discuss how to use the device and what level they should put it at. In the end, they decided 1,500 colts should be enough and Hitoshi shot out the cords. All the villains spazzed for a moment before going limp. They all had water quirks and most of them were just very dazed, not fully unconscious.

Mei grabbed his arms again while flying up while Tsu hopped off the boat. Together, they landed at the edge of the plaza and watch in both fear and amazement as Izuku and their teacher were taking down villains left and right.

But then that thing moved.

Hitoshi hadn't seen that monstrosity earlier, but now it was tearing towards his dad who erased it quirk... only for it to do nothing about the raw strength of the creature as it slammed his head into the ground.

Tears pricked at his eyes and with a glance, Mei and Tsu were in similar shape. Both were looking in shock, hands covering their mouths while tearing up at the sight.

He wanted to charge out and help his dad, but then he saw Izuku. They met eyes, both of their expressions similar. Fear and pure rage.

Just as Izuku knocked out another villain, he looked Hitoshi dead in the eyes and made a quick sign with his hands, hidden from the villains. He understood and forced his anger to the back of his mind.

Hitoshi shook his head, looking at the girls next to him. 'I have to get them out of here.'

"We need to move" he spoke lowly, voice hollow, "circle around and hide, we need to help, but right now we are vulnerable."

Neither replied verbally as the trio swiftly snuck around to the trees and bushes. The whole way, they kept pausing at the sight of Izuku, but Hitoshi urged them onwards. They couldn't become liabilities here.

By the time they reached their hiding spot, Izuku was still fighting the nomu in an inhumane battle. The small boy was agile as a cat, and flexible as one too. Dodging every attack by a hair with flips and quick footwork. Neither side having landed a hit for what felt like hours until one finally did.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Cliffhanger! So sorry but the chapter was running a bit long and the USJ will be finished next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 231 32
"Take a swan dive off a roof, and hope for a quirk in your next life." What if Izuku listened to what Bakugou said? What if he died but came back to...
597K 20.7K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
213K 9.3K 40
With his dreams shattered and his future seeming to be lost, Izuku Midoriya runs. He ran away from police custody before they even knew what to do wi...
112K 3.8K 25
Izuku Midoriya had always had the short end of the stick, wether it went from tripping in public or he's quark or lack of quark he always got the sho...