Indigo Eyes

Door ACourtOfStories

I could give you a sob story about how tough Cressida Lynn's life has been, but you're not here for that. You... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
A/N
The Staff of Hermes

Chapter 104

961 55 14
Door ACourtOfStories

The giants came first, carrying shields made from flattened cars and clubs that were tree trunks with rusty spikes on the end. And all it took was one giant to send a dozen Ares campers flying like rag dolls.

"Fire!" Beckendorf yelled. The catapults swung into action. Two boulders hurtled towards the giants. One deflected off a car shield with hardly a dent, but the other caught a Laistrygonian in the chest, and the giant went down. Apollo's archers fired a volley, dozens of arrows sticking in the thick armour of the giants like porcupine quills. Several found chinks in armour, and some of the giants vaporized at the touch of celestial bronze. But just when it looked like the Laistrygonians were about to get overwhelmed, the next wave surged out of the maze: thirty, maybe forty dracaenae in full battle armour, wielding spears and nets. They dispersed in all directions. Some hit the traps the Hephaestus cabin had laid. One got stuck on the spikes and became an easy target for archers. Another triggered a trip wire, and pots of Greek fire exploded into green flames, engulfing several of the snake women. But many more kept coming.

Argus and Athena's warriors rushed forward to meet them, Annabeth having to fight with a sword this time as Tyson rode on a giant's shoulders, hitting its head with a bronze shield.

Chiron calmly aimed arrow after arrow, taking down a monster with every shot. But more enemies just kept climbing out of the maze. Finally, a hellhound – not Mrs O'Leary – leapt out of the tunnel and barrelled straight towards the satyrs.

And Percy charged into the fray.

And when Kampê finally burst from the maze, Cabin Twelve, the children of Dionysus, plunged into battle.

"Stand! Do not run from her! Fight!" Tyson called before he was pounced on by a hellhound and Percy and Annabeth found each other, saying their goodbyes as they watched Cabin Twelve fight like a perfectly oiled, deadly machine.

They felled several dracaenae and demigods to get to the dragon lady that had smashed the Athena command tent to bits. And Cressida's brothers grew vines to tie down the creature as Cressida herself tangled with the scimitars Kampê wielded.

Her spear kept the weapons at bay as she dodged drops of acid and her brothers tried to find a kill shot before the vines broke and they had to readjust and try and tie Kampê down again before she flew off. And when Cressida was knocked to the ground, Pollux took her place, and then Castor and the cycle repeated itself as the creature roared at them, different animals appearing on her waist.

All three of them had been knocked down, sprawled in various positions on the ground when a wall of darkness slammed into Kampê and Mrs O'Leary was standing over them as she snarled.

"Good girl!" said a familiar voice. Daedalus was fighting his way out of the Labyrinth, slashing down enemies left and right as he made his way towards us. Next to him was someone else – a familiar giant, much taller than the Laistrygonians, with a hundred rippling arms, each holding a huge chunk of rock.

"Briares!" Tyson cried in wonder.

"Hail, little brother!" Briares bellowed. "Stand firm!"

And as Mrs O'Leary leapt out of the way, the Hundred-handed One launched a volley of boulders at Kampê. The rocks seemed to enlarge as they left Briares's hands. There were so many, it looked like half the earth had learned to fly.

Where Kampê had stood a moment before was a mountain of boulders, almost as tall as Zeus's Fist. The only sign that the monster had ever existed were two green sword points sticking through the cracks.

A cheer went up from the campers, but their enemies weren't done yet. One of the dracaenae yelled, "Ssssslay them! Kill them all or Kronossss will flay you alive!"

"Like hell," came a melodious laugh.

Cressida's spear turned into a thyrsus as she banged it on the ground, her brothers at her side as they rose their hands into the air, vines erupting from the earth as they disoriented the giants that surged forward again.

One managed to surprise Chrion with a blow to his back legs as he stumbled and fell.

"No!" Percy called but he was too far away to help.

Then it happened.

After rising their vines, the children of Dionysus had plunged back into the thick of battle, Cressida fighting dracaenae while her brothers took on telkhines and enemy half-bloods. Cressida impaled one of the dragon women but was pounced on by another from behind, her claws scratching her cheek. She was forced to drop her spear as she wrestled with the monster.

Cressida had read about moments when time stood still or slowed down. They were always these sweet moments between characters, a first meeting, a first kiss, a last kiss, finding each other after a massive battle and being relieved that they were ok.

That was nothing like Cressida's experience with time slowing down. And unlike Percy who'd actually been a victim of the Titan Lord's control over time, Cressida's experience had nothing magical about it.

The dragon woman was trying to bite at her neck when time started to slow down. She was trying to throw her head back to headbutt her, when her eyes landed on another sight.

And time slowed down as Cressida's eyes bludged in horror as she watched an enemy demigod shove a sword through her brother's chest. And the bottle that she'd been shoving her feelings into shattered- exploded was a more accurate term actually.

And as she watched her brother die, as she watched the light leave his eyes and the breath leave his lungs and the colour leave his skin as he fell to the ground and his blood soaked into the earth, all she could do was scream.

Percy remembered what she'd done when she thought he'd died - the first time last winter when he'd been shot. Her scream had her vines responding to her will unconsciously as they crumbled those skeletons into pieces. But her vines weren't the power that woke with this scream.

A ring of purple fire exploded from her hands as she let out the most heartbreaking scream and the last line of the prophecy came true.

The purple demigod shall turn the tide.

And the fallen shall come from both sides.

Chiron had thought that meant she'd turn the tide of the war, but he was wrong. She turned the tide of the battle.

Every monster that stood between her and her fallen brother dropped dead, disintegrated, dissolved.

Further than that, the monsters were driven mad, some acting like actual animals, cows, cats, elephants and some hitting their heads against trees while others started fighting each other. 

And as for the demigod that killed her brother...Cressida shattered his mind with half a thought. He was plagued with hallucinations that were so real, that were so terrifying that he stabbed his sword into his own chest just to make it stop. 

Grover was the one to scare the rest of the Titan Lord's army away with the help of the Ares cabin and the sound of pure fear that he let loose. And then the battle was over.

Cressida was crying and screaming in absolute agony as she and Pollux knelt over Castor's body. Pollux was in the midst of a panic attack as Cressida simply stared at her brother's fallen figure.

This was what Pan was talking about.

They'd saved camp but she'd lost her brother and it felt like her world was ending.

Her fingers were stained with her brother's blood as she refused to believe the reality in front of her. He couldn't be dead. He couldn't.

"Castor? Cas? Castor, you have to wake up," she pleaded as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "Cas. Castor, you're not dead. Please don't be dead. You can't be dead. You can't leave us," she cried as she rested her head on his shoulder.

And that was how the rest of the camp found them.

Nico was exhausted from summoning all the spirits he had and from making the decision to not bring back Bianca, Tyson was happy that Pretty Girl was right and Briares came back. Annabeth was in awe of the computer Daedalus had given her with all of his work saved on it, and Percy was in disbelief about the fact that Daedalus had finally decided to face his punishment and take on the justice of the Underworld seeing as he was the child of Athena, and this was his final stand. But when they heard the sound of Cressida crying, everything seemed insignificant as they followed the sound.

Pollux was hugging both Cressida and Castor, his tears silent as his sister let out the most painful cries you could hear. Annabeth would later say that she wailed. Cressida wailed as her heart died along with her brother.

And suddenly winning the battle didn't seem that good. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

458 23 8
It's been a year after the Giant War, and things are going great for The Seven and friends. But a twist in the middle of summer make things go from h...
47.4K 1.2K 29
Percy Jackson. A 17 year old boy who's eyes hide pain and he enjoys swimming. He walks around and smiles when his few friends talk to him, but, other...
171K 3.6K 32
Percy Jackson. Two times Savior of Olympus. A son of Poseidon. Boyfriend to Annabeth Chase. Yes, that's the guy everyone knows, but what they don't k...
887K 14K 55
Annabeth Chase is your average junior at Goode High School. She gets straight A's, and you will never find her sitting in detention. Her best friend...