Tender Trifles of Love

By S_Godaria

Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. S... More

Prologue
Character's Introduction
BREAKFAST
ASTHEATICS
NERVOUSNESS
PAST INCIDENT
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2
THE TALK
IT'S A YES
IT'S FIXED
DREAM V/S REALITY
ENGAGEMENT
ENGAGEMENT #2
GREEN EYED MAN
PRE-WEDDING
POST-WEDDING
WEDDING NIGHT #1
FIRST DAY
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT
PEHLI RASOI
BACK TO HELL
HOME
HE'S HURT
COTTON CANDY
FIRST DATE
RUINED DATE!!
ONE MONTH!!
UNWANTED GUEST
SHE LIKES HIM!
FIRST KISS-HER & HIS
AFTER EFFECTS OF KISS
CLEARING MISUNDERSTANDING
THE MOMENTS
LOVE, FAMILY, OFFENCE
PYAR
STOMACH ACHE
REALISATION

THE D-DAY

387 27 11
By S_Godaria

Author's POV

Abhay was fully ready in Cream  colored sherwani with golden thread work which was matched with maroon colored shawl and turban with golden thread work on it. He was looking like some king. And today this King was ready to bring his Queen home. He eyes were sparkling with happiness and a gorgeous smile which became a part of his face, from the time he has seen her for the first time.

The rituals of 'Sehra Bandi' were done (a ritual in which a turban is tied on the groom's head with a kalgi- turban accessory) by Abhay's paternal cousin sisters to see whom he was not much pleased with. But he couldn't say anything.

Small rituals like 'Surma lagai' and Tilak of the mares were done by Sonali and Ahana respectively. And it was time to take barat to the venue.

Abhay didn't want to sit on the mare as he thought it would be uncomfortable and all. That's why for him, the chariot was arranged which was increasing his pride. He was looking like a true King sitting on the royal chariot.

His friends and family were dancing crazily in front, on the beat of Dhol and Baja and his paternal family were also walking slowly behind.

Simran was ready in her bridal heavy outfit. Her hair, makeup everything was done. She was looking breathtaking in her heavy golden worked maroon lehenga. Her tailbone length thick brown hair was tied in the beautiful braid with roses making it look more gorgeous. The beauticians were doing the last minute touch-up.

Simran's Wedding Look Aesthetics

"Gudiya!" Amita entered and Gargi was following her. Listening to her voice Simran turned towards them and smiled. The beauticians started wrapping their things as her makeup was done.

("Doll!")

"Haye! meri bachi kitni pyari lag Rahi hai hai. Kisi ki Nazar na Lage." Saying Amita removed a little kajal from her eyes and put it behind Simran's ear in order to save her from evil eyes.

("Oh! my baby girl is looking so cute. May no one cast an evil eye on you.")

"Jo khud buri Nazar hai, use kya kisi ki Nazar Lage gi." Gargi muttered rolling her eyes but Simran and Amita both heard them.

("The one who herself is evil, how can she cast evil eyes.")

"Didi, kam se Kam Aaj toh rehne do." Amita whispered frustratingly to which Gargi shrugged.

("Didi, at least today let it be.")

"Achcha, tum Zara Jaa kar sab arrangements dekho. Mujhe meri beti se baat karni hai. Akele mein."

("Okay, you go and see all the arrangements. I want to talk to my daughter. Alone.")

Amita looked at Simran who blinked her eyes assuring her. Sighing he left but was about to collide with Rajiv who was entering. She looked at him then looked back at Gargi who was still looking at her and moved her gaze towards Simran who blinked again. She turned and left.

Rajiv and Gargi both were standing in front of her. Though she knew but still somewhere in her heart, there was a tiny hope that like other parents they will tell her how much they are going to miss her and wish her to be happy all her life. The emotional scene could be eliminated but at least a civil talk.

She was wrong. How could she expect some good from her parents.

"Beth ja, Long lecture hai. Time lagega." Gargi said.

("Sit down, it's a long lecture. It will take time.")

She sat down on the chair on which she was sitting for the last four hours for her makeup and hair.

"Dekh Rahi hai kitne paise waste kar rahe hai tere upar. Toh inko mitti mein mat mila Dena. Aaj Teri shadi ho jayegi aur tu apne sasural chali jayegi. Toh wahin rehna. Baat baat par muh utha kar hamare Ghar mat AA Jana." Rajiv said in his normal calm voice.

("See how much money we are wasting on you. So don't flog that into the ground. Today you will get married and go to your in-laws house. So stay there only. No need to come to our house on small matters.")

Dekh, shadi ke baad sasural hi ladki ka actual Ghar hota hai. Toh wahan achhe se rehna. Sabki respect karna and obey whatever they say. I don't want any complaints from them. And one the most important - we are your parents and how much ever we hate this. But it's a fact which we can't change. Whatever you do affects our life also. So don't do anything which brings shame to us and reputation.  And if you want you can come here, but just like a guest - come, stay for a few hours and leave with your husband. Never ever even think that if your husband throws you out of his house, because of your doings then you can come here. Because I won't let you step into my house if something like that happens." Gargi completed.

("See, after marriage, the in-laws house is the actual home of the girl.  So be nice out there.  respect everyone...")

Saying that giving a look Rajiv and Gargi left from there when they heard the sound of music indicating Barath has come. Simran kept sitting there for a few seconds blinking her eyes to resist her tears from shedding then sighing she got up from the chair and laid down on the bed carefully not to mess her hair or makeup.

At the entrance of the banquet hall, Abhay was stopped for the 'Ribbon Cutting Ceremony' by Simran's cousin sisters and Chitra who took part in every ritual half heartedly. Getting asked for money as shagun, girls let Abhay come in after Gargi did his aarti.

After greetings, Abhay was taken to the stage as it was the time of Jaimala. Whereas Rajit and all the cousin brothers were sent to bring Simran down.

Here, Abhay was getting restless to his bride. Just then the music changed and 'Din Shagna Da' played. And there came his Queen looking breathtaking in maroon colored lehenga which he selected for her. Her brother and other cousins were holding 'Phoolon ki Chadar' Her eyes were down cast and anyone could feel her  nervousness with the way she held her skirt in her fists. Abhay was lost in her. He felt it was only her in the whole world. If he would get her after waiting, he could wait for all his life. Suddenly the song changed again and 'Afreen Afreen' played.

Everyone was looking at the beautiful bride when Sonali noticed Abhay and nudged Ekansh, "Tu hamari shadi par roya kyu nhi tha."

("Why didn't you cry at our wedding?")

Ekansh looked at scrunching his nose, "Pagal hai kya. Shadi mein ladkiyan roti hai, ladke nahi."

("Are you crazy. Girls cry in marriage, boys don't.")

"Achha!" She exclaimed to which he nodded with hmmm. So she gestured towards Abhay who was looking at Simran with tears filled eyes and a wide grin.

("Really")

As Simran reached near the stage, he stepped down and forwarded his hand. She first looked at him in the eyes and then held his hand firmly and climbed the stage with him. All the time Abhay's eyes didn't leave her for a second.

Jaimala was done with little teasing by his friends and cousins. After that first family then friends and others came to click pictures with the Bride and Groom.

Later on, they were asked to eat before the muhurat. Again they ate from the same plate blushing because of continuous teasing.

Soon it was the auspicious time and Abhay was called to the pavilion. After sometime Simran was also called and made to sit at the right side of Abhay. The sacred rhymes of the wedding started.

Rajiv and Gargi were asked to do the 'Kanyadan'. Then Sonali as Abhay's sister tied the 'Gathbandhan'  and Abhay and Simran got up for the phere around the holy fire.

In the first four rounds Abhay was at front and Simran followed him. Later, he followed her in three rounds.

First Phera -  They promised to bring prosperity in their lives while fulfilling their respective responsibilities.

Second Phera - They prayed to God for physical and mental strength to lead a blissful life.

Third Phera - They asked God to bless them in the abundance of everything that they need to live a comfortable and prosperous life. 

Fourth Phera - They promised each other that they will shower happiness, love and respect for each other.

Fifth Phera - It's  all about praying for noble and loving children. The couple wished and promised to each other to lead a love-filled life, support their dreams, and accept them for who they are.

Sixth Phera - Together, they prayed for God’s blessings, granting them a long and healthy life full of peace and prosperity.

Seventh Phera - The final vow heralding the completion of the divine union is sealed with the promise of becoming a lifelong partner.

After the rounds around holy fire. Both were asked to sit and Simran sat at the left side of Abhay indicating now she is closer to his heart.

Then Abhay tied 'Mangalsutra' around Simran's neck and filled her hairline with 'Sindoor' some of which fell on her nose. Abhay tried to wipe that off but Pandit ji stopped him, "Rehne dijiye, yeh toh achha shagun hai." It signifies the husband's love towards his wife.

("Let it be, it is a very good omen.")

Following, Pandit ji announced, "Vivah sampann hua. Aaj se aap pati patni huye. Sabhi badon ka ashirwad lijiye."

("The marriage is completed. From today you have become husband and wife. Take the blessings of all the elders.")

That's it for today!!!

Tell me how it was!!!

Finally they are married🎉🎊🎊

Please read, vote and comment your precious views on the story 🙏🙏

Toodles!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 34K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
606K 30.1K 84
"Neither I am leaving you nor this place...samjhe??" saying I fisted his collar even more tighter and pulled him close to me. He was not even ready t...
74.8K 7.3K 46
His jaw was clenched as he raked his eyes at the woman standing before him. The woman started walking towards him, while he controlled himself from s...