Eye Spy

By CloudyXAutumn

"I despise of many things but...I despise you the most, All Might" After a life changing incident that leaves... More

The Start
Search
Heroes vs Villain Training
Not so Shocking Information
Details
League
All Might
USJ
Name.
Detective Talk
Roots
Pulling Strings
Run In Kyoto
Exercise
practical foresight.
Recognition
Opportunity
Growing Tension
Accident
Sports Festival
Festival Crash
Doomed
Just What He Did
Death
Funeral
Aftermath
Detectiving
Advanced
Secrecy
Favorite Spy
internship start
Patrol
The Fated Incident of Friday
The Norm
Dorm
Returning To Normal
Steps to Success
Exams
Exam Aftermath & Camp
Camp
Devastation
The Shut Down
Revealed
Annihilation
Endeavor Down
Malice
Shie Hissaikai
Eri
Unintentional Bond
The Calm
T. D.
The Finishing Touches
Plan 365-380
Finished

The Anticipated Meet

1.7K 129 73
By CloudyXAutumn

...(TW ⚠️‼️)

"I don't know what I'll do"
Aizawa thought to himself, sitting up.
He felt the blood rush to his head as he properly stood up.

He grabbed his phone, "I don't think this'll work but it's worth a shot"
He scrolled to present mic's contact and sent out a message.

"I would like to meet up with you.
This isn't a trap to arrest you.
I just have a question that I need answered...
After that I won't bother you. "
He said through text, sending the message and staring at it.

After a couple minutes, he surprisingly got a response.

"Fine.
Where exactly?"

"You pick so that you aren't suspicious of me"

"Back alleyway of the cafe we used to go to.
Be there in an hour"

"See you then"

Aizawa put his phone down and let out a heavy sigh, he wasn't looking forward to the meet...

Many things weighed on his mind as he put on a pair of shoes and made his way out of his house.
He didn't bother to change out of his shirt and sweatpants.

It was a long walk to the cafe, at least it felt like one.
Each one of his steps felt as if they weighed 20 pounds, he was struggling to  get himself to walk with a purpose.

After getting through the walk, he went to the back alleyway and sat there with his back leaned up against a wall.
He was 5 minutes early and he knew Present mic wasn't one to show up before time.

"Do I really want to see him...?
...I just want to ask this question...

But what do I do after...?

What do I do if I get the answer I don't want to hear...?
...what do I want to hear...?

Is this even worth it?"
His thoughts were cut short when he found Present mic standing before him on the opposing wall.

Aizawa stood up straight and met present mic eye to eye.
Present mic wasn't wearing a happy expression like he usually would, but neither was Aizawa.

"So?
What do you want?"
Present mic asked, not a hint of sympathy in his surprisingly cold voice.

Aizawa cleared his throat and found himself at a loss for words.
He knew what he wanted to ask, he just didn't have the heart to.
He stood there, no words escaping his mouth which sat cracked open.

Present mic shook his head in annoyance, "tch, a waste of time.
I'm out.
Let's never meet after this"
He said, sticking his hands in his pocket and aiming to walk away.

"...For how long..-"
Aizawa cracked out.

Present mic paused in his steps and turned around to face Aizawa who could no longer meet him eye to eye.

"For how long- what?"
Present mic asked.

"For how long were you pretending...
For just how long were you lying to me and all those people?

Was our Friendship fake for all these years?
Were you secretly plotting behind my back and aiming for all of this...?"
He asked, everything pouring out all at once.
He lifted up his head and met him eye to eye once more, but his eyes were stinging more than he'd like to admit.

Present mic clicked his tongue, "I'm sure I answered those questions during that live.

But I'll answer it again.

I've been pretending since Oboro's death.
UA should've been shut down right then and there.
It wasn't.

Oboro's death was swept under the rug and everyone had to act like nothing happened.

And regarding our friendship..

You never liked to admit we were friends.

So why now?

All these years of acting stoic, how about you Aizawa?
For how long were you pretending?

For how long have you considered me to be your friend?"
Present mic retorted, the words piercing through Aizawa's already shattered heart.

"We were both there when Oboro died.
And we Both were told why UA had to do what they did.

I agree, what they did wasn't right, but Is that an excuse to kill the hundreds of students who attended UA and torture two of them on live TV??

And you've known me since highschool, if I've kept you around since that should've been more than enough confirmation that I considered you a friend. "
Aizawa replied, his pent up resentment finally escaping.

"it's not an excuse.
It's a reason. A good enough of one.

While I personally don't think all the students really had to be killed or have those two tortured, boss said it'd guarantee the shut down of the school.

I don't care what happens past that point, as long as that place goes down.

And Aizawa, you've treated me as a nuisance by your side for as long as I can remember.
You have no reason to be getting hurt by my betrayal to UA. "

"you shouldn't be going off of Midoriya's words...
You already know how twisted he can get, and with that intelligence of his he can make it seem like it's all for good cause...

Bakugo wasn't nice to him at UA,prior to that as well since they grew up together, and Todoroki was the son of the #1 hero.

He tortured them because he personally hated them, not to shut down UA.
UA would've been shut down by simply collecting all the dirt they had brought to themselves and exposing it to the public...

And you know that.

You're just a chess piece he's going to use until the very end, until you no longer prove to be useful.
Then he'll kill you.

And I'm sorry if I've made you feel like a nuisance, but that does not mean I've hated you this whole time"
Aizawa yelled.

Present mic chuckled, "and?

You think I don't know?

Let me make this clear, Aizawa.

I am not a hero.
Nor do I or did I have the desire to be one.

I was forced into the hero course by my parents when I was young.

And I already know of boss's intentions and plans.

But I don't care.
As long as that place and hero society go down, I don't care what he does.

Why else do you think I'm a high rank member in the Hero Killer Organization?

Right, and now let's pretend like there was a misunderstanding between me and you- I don't care about that either.
I really only kept you close because I needed information and my parents pressured me to since you had "high hero potential". I've never once seen you as a true friend, especially when our goals directly oppose each other.

Oh and I know this has been a lot for you to bear recently, so let me make it worse.
I've hated you since Oboro's death and I was the one who helped boss ensure UA shut down through giving him all the information he needed. "
Present mic said, wearing a twisted grin as he watched Aizawa sink into further despair.

"...You don't care...

Since Oboro-"
Aizawa choked on his words, hardly able to stomach the reality he was in.

"Precisely.
Now, I'm going to get going.
I don't feel like hearing you yell or whine any longer.

Now go do what a hero would do, or have you given up on being a hero after all of this?"
He sneered, leaving the scene.

Solemn tears streaked down Aizawa's face as he sat there with his mouth slightly agape.
He felt as if someone had tore his heart out and handed it back to him.

"...what was I expecting...?
I knew this was coming"
Aizawa thought to himself, forcing himself to leave the scene before he collapsed.

He walked into the cafe after wiping the tears off his face and ordered his usual.
After that, he took the cup and returned on his way home.

As he walked, his mind wandered.
It wandered to the past, to where all the time passed.
To where he was happy.
To where he never appreciated the small moments.
To where he thought everything was fine...
To what he thought was the worst.
To what he thought was good.
To what he thought was useless.

He watched the memories of his life pass through his mind, not focused on anything else...

He wandered so far out that he found himself lost in thought, so out of focus that he...

Walked right into danger.

"What now...?"
He asked himself, unknowingly crossing a busy road on the wrong light...

He thought he was crossing during a pedestrian walk through...
But he in fact crossed the road as many cars and trucks were passing through.

...and he didn't realize it until it was too late.

"Hey get out the way?!"
The truck driver screamed, beeping his horn loudly as he slammed on the brakes.

Aizawa looked to the side and found the truck barrelling towards him, but before he could actually process it...
It was too late.

"...no-"
The truck slammed into his body, sending him flying across the road.

His body rolled on the asphalt pavement, skidding right in front of traffic.
His hot coffee splashed on him as well, burning some of his skin on his lower stomach.

He felt the skin skid off his face and arms, everything was spinning.
He could feel all the pain everywhere all at once.

He could feel his blood actively draining from his head and all the openings created by the skids.
It was an odd and painful sensation.

He felt his eyes become heavy, heavier than they've ever been before...
He struggled to keep them open, fighting to continue on seeing the light of the sky.

But as he struggled, he could feel his body slowly drifting away.
The taste of the fresh coffee he has bought was struggling to remain on his tongue.

The bright blue sky began fading away in his vision before completely disappearing...
Never to be seen again...

"I guess this is the end..."

by the time paramedics came, it was far too late.
His pulse was faint, barely even there.

He was rushed to the hospital and even after all the efforts of the doctors...
Nothing was bringing him back.

He flat-lined, dying at the hospital before anyone could even try and visit him.
That was, if there was even anyone who would...

Aizawa died alone, with no one to ever tell him how appreciated he once was.

_________________________________________

Midoriya watched the ordeal happen from the comfort of his office.

Present mic had informed him of the meeting that was to happen between the two, and being as nosy as he was, Midoriya watched all of it through both of their eyes.

"Looks like Aizawa is out of the way.
It also looks like I don't have to send a hitman.

His quirk was problematic, but now that he's gone he isn't even a variable I have to worry about any longer.

Perfect"
He thought to himself, taking a nice sip out of his cup of coffee as sapphire ate her lunch in the corner of his office.

She had always been right along his side of course.

"the meeting with Chisaki is to happen soon enough, I should prepare some items"

________________________________________

After a day passed, it was officially time to meet overhaul.

Midoriya dressed in his newly improved villain outfit, the same one he had worn to kill Endeavor and Best Jeanist.

Hawks, Present mic, and Edgeshot all sat in his office as they waited for instruction.
They already knew where they were going and what they were doing, they just didn't exactly know when Midoriya expected them to get up and follow him out.

So they collectively waited.

Midoriya stepped out of his personal room which sat in the other corner of his office and placed the finishing touch in its compartment.
It was a poison laced dagger, he knew it could possibly come in handy.

After all, he didn't know what could really come out of the meeting with all the variables present.
There were many options, so being safe was just the smarter play.

"Alright.
Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
446K 20.8K 51
"what's wrong Kacchan? Your quirk not working the way you want it to..?" Izuku Midoriya, an "average" teen. You'd expect nothing to be wrong with him...
310K 8.7K 19
After realizing that Izuku couldn't be a hero he still never gave up. Not until he was told he couldn't be one from his all time favorite hero, All m...
95.3K 3.4K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...