𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊, rafe...

By thegoldxnangel

her crystal eyes held a love he could only dream of ━━━ june 14, 2022 ¡ ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ ! 𝗈𝗎𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗌... More

⎯⎯ welcome
little freak
playlist⎯⎯
𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘
000 Prologue
001 Figure Eight
002 Polo
003 Moon
004 Solitaire
005 Fair
006 Cold
007 Motel Key
008 Touron
009 Boneyard
010 Gun
011 Perfect
012 Graveyard
013 Fire
014 Golden Boy
015 Rule
016 Deny
017 Pushover
018 Stupid
019 Pain
020 Girlfriend
021 Vodka
022 Greek Statue
023 Invisible
024 Curry
025 Rotten
026 Promises
027 Gold
028 Comfort
029 Thursdays
030 Heartless
031 Money
032 Complicated
033 Cameron
034 Demons
035 Mine
036 Eternity
037 Plan
038 Peterkin
039 Sinner
040 Tragedy
041 Sick
042 Detective
043 Phantom
𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗧𝗪𝗢
045 Grief
046 Exile
047 Enemy
048 History

044 Mirror

2.5K 86 11
By thegoldxnangel

044 !! MIRROR

Standing by the seaside, the subtle grass tendrils crunching and swaying as they shuffled to the corner, the high masts of the Phantom preparing to wave goodbye, the underside of the boat rocking in the water creating small ripples — everything feels like a dream.

As if some deity of unconsciousness possesses her bruised soul turning her into a reflection of herself, an imposter in her own mind.

A hand grazes against her arm gaining her undivided attention.

She's pulled out of her thoughts and turns back, her gaze catching warm honey eyes staring right at her in pain.

Her breath falters as she gets sucked back into reality — their bleak reality.

"I guess . . . .", he trails off gulping harshly.

She examines his exhausted face, the small creases of his doubtful frown etched deep into his features scarring the once cheerful disposition she fell in love with.

Love. Is she still in love with him? Has she ever truly been in love with him?

Or was it just an escape from real life. A disastrous romanticisation of the first boy she thought . . . sweet? Was that the word? Or soft, was it?

Has she romanticised the very idea of him to the point where when things didn't work as per her colossal daydreams, she reacted dramatically?

Gosh, life is a waste of time.

"So you're leaving", a lump forms in her throat, the tears from minutes before returning with a damning weight.

He sighs glancing away with a bitter laugh, "Mhm".

Her arms loop around his neck pulling him close, her face desperately hiding in the crook of his neck for some sense of comfort.

His own arms wrap around her hugging her tight, her breath goes awry as she struggles to keep the tears at bay.

There's a deep seated feeling in the pit of her stomach, something so hurtful and complex that it cannot be put into words no matter how much one tries to.

There was once a sensation of pure adoration swimming through her, capturing every piece of her heart but now . . . now it feels familiar being held like this by him but not soothing.

Her heart does not flutter against its cage anymore. Her mind does not tiptoe infatuated. Her body does not react the way it used to.

She's a painting of her past self, a mirror image yet so different and so despaired.

His arms feel like a sweet place but the sensation of his simple touch being her sole happy place has faded away.

What has she become?

"You'll come back. You'll come back", she hushes her sobs pressing her face further into his neck, the tears gently coating his soft tanned skin.

"I will, I promise", he murmurs kissing the top of her head.

Georgie steps back, her hold loosening as John B does the same giving her a somber smile.

She roughly wipes at her cheeks, sniffling.

"Maybe y'all can come visit me in Yucatán someday".

She laughs through her tears, "I'd rather die. The only place you're allowed to live is here".

He chuckles quietly, wordlessly nodding at the others before hopping up onto the boat.

"We'll tell Sarah you had to go if we see her", Kiara smiles weakly.

John B sighs sending her a grateful nod and igniting the boat's engine slowly guiding it out of the small quay.

"Tell Sarah I said goodbye, okay?", he yells back.

"Sure thing! And don't forget, cross the border at Brownsville", JJ hollers back in reply earning a quick thumbs-up.

Georgie looks on, her eyes blinking rapidly to wash away the tears streaking down her cheeks the salty taste sneaking past her lips.

She feels JJ's shoulder brush past hers when he comes to situate himself beside her, looking on with the same longing in his gaze.

"He'll be okay", he nudges her.

She exhales, "It's weird though. We've never really been apart for more than two days".

JJ sighs loudly, throwing her a momentary glance.

"Remember that time Big John took us out to Asheville for his work conference?".

The memory, though now just a lingering fragment, comes rushing back. Every single moment — Pope getting carsick during the long car rides, Georgie and John B munching on the cheap gas station wafers they'd bought on the way, Big John's infectious laugh and JJ in the passenger seat continuously talking his ear off.

That was the only time they'd been so far from Outer Banks and the only time they'd actually had what they could normally call, a "spring break trip".

Kiara hadn't been allowed to come because her parents were taking her out to visit her grandmother in Chapel Hill but everyone else was there, and though they felt a little empty inside since one of them was missing, it still was okay because it was only for three days.

One of the best three days of her entire life.

Fresh tears coat her cheek, glistening her porcelain skin under the pink-orange hue of the setting sun, her lips pursed and jaw firmly set.

"Gah, Georgie".

JJ throws an arm around her and pulls her into his side, her small frame easily molding into his protective hold.

"I didn't say that to make you cry, you little shit".

She giggles into his chest and glances up instantly brightening at the sight of the small smile on his lips.

"We'll be alright".

He squeezes her shoulder reassuringly. The moment is short-lived, their whispered conversation getting drowned out by the flood of siren noises.

Startled, they all jump back turning with widened eyes to find a flurry of police vehicles pulling into the grassy marsh.

"Hey, hands where I can see 'em!".

Deputy Shoupe jumps out of one of the cars aiming his gun at them, a few others following suit pinning them in place.

"Got ya", he nods at his subordinates to get the four teenagers moving and into the car.

Twenty-five minutes later, they're located right inside a heavily guarded police tent with everyone's eyes fixed on them in suspicion.

"We need eyes on the other side of the Point. Go", Shoupe speaks into his portable, gaze firm on the screen directing water movement.

Georgie shifts in her seat, glancing at Pope who stays rooted in his chair mouth sealed and eyes downcast.

"Are you . . .", she begins grimacing.

He huffs rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm panicking, yes".

She sighs sitting back and looking up to find one of the police officers' attention aptly fixated on the duo.

She narrows her gaze, plastering a fake smile on her face when he glances at her.

"Can I get some water?", her voice comes out tremendously sugar-coated.

"No", comes his gruff reply.

Her brows furrow, "Have I lost the right to a glass of water?".

The chief detective whose name she's already discarded from her head steps up exhaling to mask his tired groan.

"Just get the girl some water, Thomas".

The officer — Thomas — opens his mouth to argue but something in the detective's expression makes him shut up and move away.

Georgie turns to the detective with a wide cynical smile.

"Thank you for your generosity".

The detective rolls his eyes and heads back over to Shoupe to monitor the screen.

"Why are you trying to piss them off?", Pope whispers from her right.

She feigns offence, "I'm not. I'm just thirsty".

He shakes his head.

"Sure".

A uniformed officer sticks his head into the tent, "Hey, bogey spotted off the lighthouse running lights out! I think it's them".

"Let me see", Shoupe leans into the monitor.

Kiara, JJ, Georgie and Pope exchange worried glances, a silent prayer mumbling at the back of their minds.

"Subject is changing heading. They're headed south", the operator informs.

"In that boat?", Shoupe frowns.

"Our attempts to contact the vessel were unsuccessful", another operator announces.

Shoupe groans grabbing the back of his head.

"Hold your position, Captain", the detective speaks into the radio.

"Roger that", comes a reply before the detective is storming out, returning only seconds later with Ward Cameron in tow.

The teens stare at the middle-aged man in a mixture of shock and anger, the older man for this part merely dismissing their reactions.

"What's he doing here?", Kiara whisper yells glaring at the back of his head.

The detective gestures for him to take a seat by the operator. He grabs the radio which crackles as he breathes waiting for permission to speak.

"Sarah? John B? John B, I know you're there, son. I know you can hear me, and if you love my daughter like I think you love my daughter, then you will turn that boat around and come back".

Georgie and Kiara exchange a look.

Ward exhales leaning into the radio, "You are going into a storm that you cannot survive. John B, please, I will make it right. I promise you. Come back".

No response.

Ward glances at the detective with pleading eyes, the Pogues carefully marking his every action.

"Ward Cameron, do you hear me?".

Georgie leans forward, concerned gaze running back and forth between her friends.

"Yes", Ward responds, "Yes, son, I'm right here. I'm right here. Please bring her back, okay? We'll work it all out when you get home".

"You killed my father, and you framed me for a murder I didn't commit".

The detective and Shoupe exchange glances which does not go unnoticed.

"You took everything from me! You took everything from me! But I'm still here".

"And I swear to God, Ward, I will come back one day and take what's mine. So, you listen to me, all right? I'm comin' for you".

A shuddering breath is heard on the crackling radio.

"I'm coming for you".

Ward leans back unresponsive, his gaze flittering around the tent never once settling on one specific thing.

"We've lost their radio signal, sir", the operator informs glancing up at the officers.

"Don't stop looking", the detective says before turning to Ward, "You don't go anywhere. We're gonna need to talk to you".

Ward nods emotionless.

Silence and radio crackles fill the tent, a suffocating atmosphere already accumulating in the tight space.

The rain outside falls against the top of tent, tap tap tap — it goes, reminding them of a world outside, a world that goes on despite the tension in the confines of the tent.

A world so cruel that they had to part with one of their own, a key member of their family.

Pope jumps up, "Did you find them?".

"No", the operator responds sparing the detective a glance.

"So they got away?".

"We, uh . . . we lost them. I'm sorry".

Kiara's and Pope's parents enter the tent just as JJ walks up to the detective with a scowl.

"What do you mean you lost them? Like, they're gone?".

Shoupe inhales deeply, "They took an open boat into a tropical depression, JJ".

"So, they're dead?", Georgie shakes her head.

"We don't know".

"You drove them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? Come here!", JJ pushes through Pope and Kiara ready to grab hold of Shoupe.

"JJ!", Georgie rushes forward clutching onto his arms and forcefully pulling him back.

"I'm gonna kill you, you bastard!".

"Hey, hey", his sister tightens her hands on his shirt attempting to turn him away from the officers.

"He didn't kill anyone and you know it!".

His voice cracks, tears slowly welling up in his gaze as he turns around looking down at Georgie in pain.

Everything. Everything hurts. A part of her is numb and the other part . . . the other part is breaking, slowly and gradually shattering into pieces right there.

The weight of it is terrifying, her heart is physically hurting, her stomach constricting and vision blurring when Mrs. Heyward throws her arms around the twins.

Nothing will ever be the same again.

***
we're done w season one !!!!!! i'm so proud we actually made it till here, as always THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES FOR READING !! part two coming soon, i love love you <3333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 588 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍢ִ໋ outer banks 𓍢ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - tbd ...
1.3K 3 21
"Stop looking at me like that." she crosses her arms "Like what Princess?" he keeps his blue eyes glued to her
322K 4.7K 22
"Love how my face fits so good in your neck. Why can't you imagine a world like that?' • obx social media au
772 35 12
I do not own OBX! (JJ x OC) Season 1 - Onwards 《Started 23rd July 2023》 《Finished 《Last Edited