The Riley Curse | Ethan Landry

By mvilaaa

Tatum Riley is the teenage daughter of Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley. She's named after her dad's dead sister... More

~Scream 5~
01. The First Attack
03. The Legacy
04. The Rules Of A Requel
05. Partner In Crime Til The End
06. Old Family Friend
07. Welcome To Act 3
08. The End Of The Movie
~Scream 6~
09. Happy Halloween
10. Here We Go Again
11. New Place, New Rules
12. Following In Dad's Footsteps
13. The Shrine
14. Hello, Tatum
15. The Theatrical Reveal
16. Finally The End

02. We're All Suspects

1.3K 20 7
By mvilaaa

Tatum pulled into a parking spot in the parking lot of the High School. She knew none of her friends or even her will go inside. "There she is," Tatum heard Victoria say and everyone looked over to her. Tatum put her phone in her pocket as she walked up to the table.

"I called Sam," Tatum stated as she sat down at the table. "She's coming?" Amber asked.

"Yeah," Tatum said and Amber sighed. "Watch everything get worse," Amber said and Tatum ignored her comment. It wasn't a surprise to anyone. Amber never liked Sam, but Tara needed her family. If her mom wasn't going to make it then why not her sister, right?

"She needs her family, Amber. That includes Sam," Tatum said.

"Did you call her mom?" Vicky asked and Tatum nodded. "I didn't get an answer," Tatum said.

Tatum watched as Chad and his girlfriend Liv walked towards the table. Liv look towards everyone as she sat down next to Chad. "He wants me to accept his Find My Fam request," Liv said, talking to only Tatum since she was the only one listening. "It's not a bad idea," Tatum said.

"Thank you, Tate. It's the smartest option with a would-be killer on the loose. You know exactly where I am and I know exactly where you are," Chad said.

"Aw, so you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend?" Liv asked and Tatum just looked between the two. "And you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend," Chad said and Amber pretended to throw up. "Is this because you two aren't having sex yet?" Amber asked.

"You bring up a very good point. Not that I want to sound like a stereotypical jock trying to get into his girlfriend's pants but-" Chad started.

"Great!" Liv said as she kissed Chad. "Don't do it, Liv. There's a psycho out there. You make yourself harder to find. Delete social media, tape over your phone camera, disable GPS," Wes started.

"Don't answer phone calls," Tatum added and everyone looked at her with annoyed looks which slowly disappeared once they realized she was serious. "What? My dad drilled the rules of a horror movie into my brain," Tatum stated.

"Yes, thank you very much, Edward Snowden. Actually, your mother just interrogated me about Tara's attempted murder, which was very fun," Chad said as he looked towards Wes.

"I'm sure she's asking everybody. I mean, Ghostface is back," Wes said.

"She hasn't asked me yet," Tatum said and Wes looked at her. "She will soon," Wes said.

"The press still isn't saying Ghostface," Mindy said and Tatum started to panic. She doesn't want her dad to find out.

"My mom doesn't want to cause a panic," Wes said.

"Good. If my dad found out that it was Ghostface, he would never let me leave the house again," Tatum said.

"It'll get out by the second or third killing," Mindy said.

"Jesus, Mindy, there wasn't a first killing. Tara's alive," Amber said.

"I mean, she could still die," Mindy said.

"What the fuck?" Amber said.

"Or the killer could come back for her," Mindy said.

"Not helping, Mindy," Vicky said.

"Fuck! Mindy, come on," Chad said and Tatum still couldn't process what was going on. An actual Ghostface was terrorizing Woodsboro again. The last one was when she was six. She thought she would never have to deal with it again.

"I'm just telling you, arm up, okay? Pepper spray, check. Taser, check," Wes said.

"Girlfriend repellent, check," Amber joked and Tatum gave her an annoyed look as everyone laughed. "He's not wrong. Ghostface could target any one of us. Better be safe than dead," Tatum said.

"Wow, Tate," Liv said and Tatum shrugged. "It's true. Taser would probably work better than pepper spray since he wears a mask, but it's a good idea nonetheless," Tatum stated and then Liv looked behind Tatum, and her expression changed.

"Holy shit. Is that Vince?" Liv asked.

"Wait. The creep you hooked up with last summer?" Chad asked as he looked in the direction they were.

"Yeah. He worked with me, Tara, and Tatum," Liv said and Tatum looked at the guy she was talking about. "He worked with Tara?" Amber asked.

"Yeah, he's a creep. Freaked us all out the entire time we worked there," Tatum said as she narrowed her eyes at him. "What the fuck is he doing here?" Tatum asked.

"He's been stalking my Instagram the last couple of weeks, posting the creepiest shit," Liv said and Mindy held up her phone and took a picture of him. "Probably time to introduce him to Hobbs and Shaw," Chad said as he flexed his biceps.

"Maybe not the best idea to incite violence right in front of the sheriff," Liv said and Tatum didn't take her eyes off of Vince. She was glaring at him until he started to leave. "Looks like he's leaving," Liv said.

Tatum held up her middle finger for him to see as he got into his car. "What the fuck are you doing?" Liv asked.

"Not inciting violence," Tatum said sarcastically and Liv pulled her arm down. "What? He's an asshole," Tatum stated as she watched the car drive away.

"Tara said she fought back hard. You've got bruises," Amber said changing the subject completely. Tatum looked away from the car and at Chad. Noticing the bruises along his arm.

"It's from football practice," Chad said.

"Oh, sure," Amber said.

"Quick to jump on the accusations there, Amber," Tatum commented and Amber gave her an annoyed look. The two of them didn't exactly get along. They tolerated each other because of the group, but they did not like each other.

"Tara's awake. She just texted. I'm going to the hospital. You guys coming?" Wes asked.

"Yeah," Everyone said and Vicky grabbed Tatum's arm. "You should go home and get some rest. You've been at the hospital all night," Vicky said.

"I'm fine, Vicky. I slept while I was there," Tatum said and she stood from her seat along with everyone else. "Oh, uh, I can't, but I'll meet you guys there," Liv said.

"Alright," Chad said.

-

Tatum arrived at the hospital first and went up to Tara's room. "You ready for visitors? Cause almost everyone in our friend group is coming," Tatum said and Tara shrugged.

"I think I can handle it," Tara said and Tatum nodded before leaving the room to meet up with her friends.

She waited in the waiting room until everyone arrived. Once everyone was there they walked up to Tara's room.

They all sat in the hospital room talking to Tara. Trying to distract her from anything that happened. That is until the door opened and Sam and a guy that none of them have seen before walked into the room.

Everyone stood up at the sight of her and she walked over to Tara. "How are you feeling?" Sam asked.

"You came," Tara said.

"Of course, I came. This is my boyfriend, Richie," Sam said while motioning to the guy behind her. "It's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry if I'm intruding," Richie said.

"Nice to meet you too," Tara said and Sam hugged Tatum. "Thank you for calling," Sam said.

"Of course," Tatum said and Sam pulled back and walked towards Richie. "These are Chad and Mindy, the twins. That's Tatum and Wes. I used to babysit them all," Sam said.

"Which is always how I like to be introduced," Wes joked.

"I'm Victoria, by the way. It's nice to meet you," Victoria said holding her hand out for Sam to shake. She did. "It's nice to meet you," Sam said and she looked over to Amber.

"Amber, hey," Sam said.

"Hi. Nice to see you," Amber said, the interaction was a bit awkward to anyone who was watching. "Hi. I'm Richie," Richie introduced.

"Where's mom?" Sam asked.

"She's stuck at a conference in London. She called me earlier," Tara said.

"Yeah, for all of ten minutes. Uh, look, guys, Tara's really tired. Maybe we should just give her some space," Amber said and everyone nodded as they head towards the door. Even Sam. "Not you, Sam. I want you to stay," Tara said.

"Okay," Sam said and then Chad looked at the others. "But the rest-" Chad started and Mindy pushed him out the door.

-

"What is she like, the sister?" Liv asked as they all stood around a pool table. "Sam? Oh, Sam is so cool," Chad said.

"You only say that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year," Mindy said.

"That's true. That's a true statement," Chad said.

"No, trust me. Sam is not cool. Her dad left her mom, right? Walks right out when Tara's eight, Sam's thirteen. Sam started acting out, getting in trouble with the cops. And then, on Sam's 18th birthday, she leaves. Ghosts them all. Maybe Sam's changed. I just don't want to see Tara hurt again," Amber said.

"So what, you're protecting Tara from her own sister now?" Wes asked.

"Well, someone has to," Amber said.

"Tara doesn't seem like she has any hard feelings towards her sister anymore," Tatum stated.

"She looked like she enjoyed her company," Vicky added.

"Okay, so no guys are good enough for her, and now her family's off-limits too?" Wes asked.

"Mmm, motive. 'If I can't have her, no one can,'" Mindy said directed to Wes. Tatum was confused. That motive seemed to have worked better with Amber than with Wes. "What?" Wes asked.

"We know you have a crush on Tara," Mindy said.

"Okay. Come on, Mindy," Wes said, annoyed by the accusation. "But we're all suspects," Mindy said and everyone gave her a surprised look. "Except maybe Liv," Mindy said.

"Thank you," Liv said.

"You're way too boring to be a psycho," Mindy said.

"Even me, Mindy?" Tatum joked she knew how these things worked. Everyone's a suspect until proven otherwise. "Especially you, Tatum," Mindy joked back.

"Yo, Liv. You want a real drink?" A voice asked from behind them. They all looked behind themselves and saw Vince. "Or are you happy sitting at this kids' table?" Vince asked.

"Listen up, uglier Michael Myers, it was a summer fling. Alright? It meant nothing," Chad said while walking up to him.

"Was I talking to you?" Vince asked and Tatum looked over at Liv who was trying not to make eye contact with Vince. "I don't fucking care who you're talking to," Chad said.

"Liv, let's go," Vince said trying to ignore Chad. "Don't fucking talk to her! I don't want to hear your fucking voice," Chad said.

"Shut the fuck up," Vince said as he pulled out a switchblade. Tatum started to walk over. The last thing Tatum wanted to see was one of her best friends being stabbed by some psycho ex-fling. Liv grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Don't get involved. It will only make things worse," Liv said.

"Hey! Get out of here or I'm calling the cops," The bartender said and Vince started to leave. "I'll see you soon, sweetheart," Vince said while pointing to Liv. "Hey, man, fuck you," Chad said.

"You kids, too. Let's go," The bartender said and Tatum sighed. "What an asshole," Tatum said and Chad turned to the rest of them. "Did you see that shit?" Chad asked.

"Unfortunately," Tatum said while she grabbed her things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 635 22
Tatum Riley-Weathers, the daydreaming, sarcastic daughter of two of Woodsboros infamous 'stab' survivors. she had watched what her parents went thro...
57.2K 970 17
Kiara May has lived her whole life in New York. A 18 year old girl studying at college trying to live a normal life was suddenly turned upside down w...
10.4K 117 13
Bella (Bea) Roberts, younger sister to Jill Roberts, is now living with her cousin Sidney Prescott. But what will happen when ghostface is back for b...
5.1K 148 17
A SCREAM STORY SLOW UPDATES tara carpenter x dakota pierce "She's gonna kill me She has gotta a gun behind her back And I gotta feeling That I'm g...