Love and War

By rdcastillo24

Lee Hyun Woo seeks revenge against the people who had killed his biological father, Lee Kyung Ho. Even if he... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One: Betrayal
Chapter Two: Anna
Chapter Three: Wound
Chapter Four: Disconnection
Chapter Five: Finding You
Chapter Six: Mysteries
Chapter Seven: The Day I Lost You
Chapter Eight: At The Crossroads
Chapter Nine: Mysteries To Be Solved
Chapter Ten: Through The Darkness
Chapter Eleven: Cosmos
Chapter Twelve: Scar In My Heart
Chapter Thirteen: Evidence
Chapter Fifteen: The Silent Dragon
Chapter Sixteen: A Spark In The Sky
Chapter Seventeen: Statice
Chapter Eighteen: Orbit
Chapter Nineteen: Yin Yang
Chapter 20: Run With You
Chapter 21: Don't Lose Your Way
Chapter 22: The Stars Cross Tonight

Chapter Fourteen: Who Is The Monster?

24 4 32
By rdcastillo24

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my book!!! I hope that you are enjoying this book! I know that my book has more original characters and yes, may I remind you that Lee Hyun Woo's (Kousei) past won't follow too much of what's in Your Lie In April. I used it as a draft only and this can be enjoyed individually without knowing anything about YLIA! Anyway, introduction's long now, let's get on the story! :)

🖤🖤🖤

Takahiko sighed as he opened his lighter and lit his cigarette while he was looking at a young man in front of him. He looked like he was pretty much banged up, after all, by his own gang. They brought him inside one of his underground bases in one of his buildings in his estate in Nerima.

"You pretended to be Japanese for five years, only for me to discover that you're actually Korean. Should I ship you off in North Korea?"

The young man shook in fear and hot sweat just kept on leaving his forehead. His eyes were almost blank, too. "Please, don't!!! I never meant to hide my identity!!! Even so, I came to you because you know Lee Hyun Woo, right?"

Takahiko crossed his leg while he was holding his cigarette on his right hand. "How did you know that boy? I do have an ill-fated connection to him."

"I worked for his gang for years only for me to be theatened by him!!!" he screamed. "I did my best to work for him, only to be threatened to death! Allow me to go back! I know that it was you who killed Lee Kyung Ho. It was so clear in my eyes that you were with the driver! You did not want to kill Lee Kyung Ho but Hyun Woo, weren't you? You shot him!"

Takahiko rose in his feet, took his katana and pointed it at him. "You were a witness, then? There was no one on the road when I looked!"

"I was just a child like Hyun Woo when I saw what you did," he laughed. "I was with my father behind the CCTVs there. He was a CCTV operator. He called the authorities but it was only the driver who was acquitted. You paid handsomely to prosecutors, don't you?" 

"We called you Hanajima Kokoro for five months now," Takahiko replied. "Do you think I'd believe your story? Could you even trust your own memories?"

"Kang—Sun—Jae..." he uttered. "That was my name. You have to trust me! I can kill him for you!"

"Hold him tight," Takahiko instructed his men who were standing behind Kang Sun Jae. He began smoking again while he walked closer to him. "You know what I did earlier and I know you were lying about seeing the truth through CCTVs. What are you truly?"

Kang Sun Jae gulped in fear when Takahiko was just so close to him. The man was truly formidable and intimidating since his stares could just stab the heart of someone weak. "It's true that I lied how I discovered the truth but why can't you see I want to go against my old boss? I want to follow you and be loyal to you!!! You killed his father who protected him!"

One of Takahiko's men bearing a red spider tattoo held his neck tight and after that, Arima Takahiko also held him tightly. "Answer my question! Who are you?"

"Who am I? Are you so afraid of Hyun Woo?" Kang Sun Jae grinned. "You're asking who I am? Well then, I am an assassin out to murder Lee Hyun Woo."

"You hid who you are for five months," sighed Takahiko. "Why come to me when you can kill Hyun Woo out on your own?"

"Why can't you just accept that I want to help you?" Sun Jae cried out. "I went rogue after what he did to me five months ago. He destroyed my hands but they're healed now."

Takahiko placed his katana back to its rack and began laughing uncontrollably. "You came to Japan and purposely joined my gang for revenge? What did he do that made you so angry to him?"

The men holding him down released him, allowing him to kneel comfortably in front of Takahiko while he was being interrogated inside the dark room. "Should I really tell you? Why does it even matter? I want to kill Hyun Woo for revenge."

"You can keep hiding yourself but I know what you really are, kid," Takahiko said after he returned to his leather seat. "He was still my son. I have no reason to kill him now as he couldn't even remember what I did long ago."

Sun Jae scoffed. "Do you think the Lees and those around him would let him be? I don't think so. I'm sure they'll do their best to help him remember his lost memories. Hyun Woo still could not forget that his father was killed! His memories stopped there and he was having a difficult time acting like who he was when he was with you after his father was killed! I know it was you who killed his real dad!"

Both of the muscular men wearing black suits held him tight again while he took his katana again. He walked closer to him and removed the scabbard away. At the time he was about to slash him, Hiroko blasted the door open. She was pretty much happy that she had just arrived at the right time. She bowed to him immediately and knelt in front of him. "Takahiko! What do you think you're going to do? Want to make another mistake?"

"Leave us, Sun Jae," sighed Takahiko. "Give us privacy."

"Sun Jae didn't need to leave," Hiroko told him. "He was the reason why I came to your underground base! I know what he is, Takahiko. I know you're angry but why can't you just ask Kousei—"

"Kousei? He's Lee Hyun Woo, now. He'll never be my son again." Takahiko raised his eyebrows. "He's alive and also dead. Kousei's long gone! Kyung Ho stole him from me! Why don't you just reveal the truth of what I did, then?"

"You're enemies," Sun Jae reminded him. "Do you exactly want me to tell you what I am?"

"You're a young mercenary," Hiroko spoke. "Right now, you've been begging Takahiko to hire you."

"You're here to stop me from hiring him, am I correct?" Takahiko eyed her. "What if I hire him to kill Kousei?"

Hiroko walked closer to his desk. "Did you really shoot Lee Kyung Ho to death? Tell me it wasn't true?"

Takahiko didn't say anything and he remained seated with a tight lip making Hiroko nervous. The Spider Gang had long been silent ever since Japan did its best to decrease the members of the Yakuza. His silence totally scared her.

"Taka!!!" shouted Hiroko. "Don't tell me—?"

"He's got PTSD because he saw that I shouted at Saki while he was visiting," Takahiko explained to him. "Saki died in front of him right at that moment and he forgot all about it. He didn't scream at his mother. It was I who screamed at her and I let her die. And yes, he wanted to tell the authorities all about it. Kousei wanted to tell them that I killed his mother! With that, I—"

"Saki wasn't really his mother," Hiroko revealed to him. "He's fully Korean. Kyung Ho gave him to you to protect him when he was having trouble in his home. Saki loved him as her own child! How could you—?"

"Let me kill him, Takahiko-san!" begged Sun Jae. "I can finish him with your help."

"Beg for forgiveness, Taka!!!" oppossed Hiroko. "He might just accept you."

Takahiko stood up and placed his eyeglasses down. "I'm hiring you, Sun Jae. Kill Hyun Woo. I don't care about the shell of my son, after all."

Kang Sun Jae smiled. "My brother will be very happy then. Thank you, sir!"

"Takahiko!" Hiroko held his collar. "Don't you think you're making a mistake?"

"Dong Min had always been close to me and his parents are my friends. What he wants are more important to me than Hyun Woo's," Takahiko explained to her. "Hyun Woo's nothing but a shell of who he was. His father never liked me and saw me as his slave. We've had the same grandfather but he never liked me. I was nothing but a son of an illegitimate daughter of the Lees."

Hiroko slapped him. At that time, Sun Jae and the two men behind him exited the underground base and left the two of them alone. "Killing Kousei will be your worst mistake."

"Do you think his uncles and his aunt would let him get assassinated easily?" scoffed Takahiko. "He had always been surrounded by them. Kousei was gone! Poof! All because Kyung Ho came rampaging Nerima to track his son down when I threatened him that I would kill him after I discovered Kousei wanted to tell the authorities about what I did to Saki!"

"She was your wife!"

"Hyun Woo is Hyun Woo."

"He was still your son."

"He never was my son."

"Saki's a dear friend!" cried Hiroko. "How could you let her die like that?"

"Tell the authorities what I did then! Let them arrest me and destroy a whole Yakuza group and my corporation!" threatened Takahiko. "Want to walk the roads with retrograde amnesia like Kousei?"

Hiroko stepped away from him as she was just in utter shock. "Did you... Did you really—?"

"Kyung Ho protected his son when he wasn't even my target. I told him to keep himself away but he took all the bullets meant for his son," admitted Takahiko. "I don't know how Sun Jae knew that Kyung Ho did not die from a car crash but from getting shot to death. No matter how much the NIS or the JSA investigates about that case, they won't find any evidence against me."

"If Sun Jae discovered the truth on his own, don't you think a smart investigator will be able to dig through?" Hiroko had to take a lot of water after she heard his confession. "You won't win, Takahiko. Sun Jae... I will stop him no matter what."

...

A/n: Thank you all for the people reading this story!!! I hope that you liked this chapter!!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605 45 34
One lie leads to a spiral of secrets... Yuri was always seen as the perfect daughter, perfect sister, perfect girlfriend; she was perfect in every wa...
85.6K 3.1K 51
detective han jisung finds himself repeatedly assigned to dangerous cases committed by a mafia headed by lee know. as jisung dives deeper into the in...
98 31 10
Kim y/n a 17yr old high school girl is kind, caring and gentle. She's so pretty and definitely got that look from her mum. When she was 6 she got int...
3.9K 683 110
After Cynthia Jones gets into a car accident and loses her memory, she's haunted by dreams of a stranger. He's faceless, sarcastic, and overwhelmingl...