Stuck With You

By Alicia_007

"sir..." I say looking down. "yes? Any problem?" "no, i-i.. I'm quitting." He laughs before looking back at... More

Author's note !!!
Before I became the queen
The handsome devil
The interview
We meet again
Salty Coffee
Pay Back
Business Dinner
Bodyguard
She can't cook
Stalker
The flowers
The twins
His wife
His sister
Something nice
Crush me
Rock and Roll
I won't
Fired!
Please Stay
Rainy night
You're not my girlfriend
I don't like your friend
She's your sister
Been the lucky one
ICU ROOM
Scared to be lonely
It's not her
New Job
Gold Digger
You can't hide from me
I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!
I'm sorry
Friends again
Us
Joshua's Girlfriend
The Gift
It's Over
What you wanted
Definitely Blind
Messed up
The Wedding Day
Burn for you
Always
Scared to lose you part 1
Scared to lose you part 2
Like I do
Her Home part 1
Her Home part 2

Do it

55 18 6
By Alicia_007

Lisa's POV:

Everything happened so fast, I got back from work just in time to have dinner with the idiot and his family.

Really, I can't believe they are forcing me to get into another relationship with someone I don't really know.

I'm sitting in front of my dressing mirror, I finally started liking  someone then this happened.

Why ?

If only I could tell Josh how I truly feel and my parents about liking Joshua then maybe everything might change.

"ma'am.. your parents asked for you downstairs." a voice of a maid brings me out of my thoughts.

Nodding my head, I sigh and force a smile on my face.

I can do this. I tell myself before getting up and head downstairs where I find my parents waiting for me.

Mom smiles as soon as she sees me, "there comes my one and only daughter looking as gorgeous as ever!"

I hope I can have the courage enough to tell her that she doesn't look normal with that fake smile of hers.

Dad offers me his hand which I take without hesitation, "thank you." I respond, the fake smile still lingering on my innocent face.

He shakes his head as the doorbell sounds. "Just in time." Mom states enthusiastically.

As soon as Mom opens the door, the woman in front of us smiles and hugs my Mom. "You're welcome Mrs Davis."

Mrs Davis is in her early fifties, she's wearing a tight black skirt and a White long sleeved shirt. Her hair is in a neat bun.

"Thank you Mrs Hidalgo, meet my daughter Sasha." She says, gesturing her hand to Sasha who smiles at my parents.

In just a second, I'm being pulled into a hug by Mrs Davis causing me to wince slightly. "You look spectacular darling." She smiles.

"Thank you." I give her a closed smile as I glance at Max who's like trying to make eye contact with me.

As they greet each other, I wait patiently until we get to the dining room. Max is sitting next to me and next to him is his mother.

"I think we can all agree that they look lovely together." Mom smiles.

"Yes but we actually have a problem with your daughter." Mrs Davis speaks, as I fix my eyes on her face to hear she has to say.

"I don't get it why Trina had to fire my daughter for only a design, I mean we could have done something about that right?"

Oh I see, she thinks because my  parents likes Max I should tolerate the nonsense from her daughter. Then she's wrong.

"Of course Mrs Davis, we will surely do something about it." Mom tells the woman who can't take her eyes off me.

"There's nothing we or you can do about it," I state.

Sighing and forcing a fake smile to come out, I glance at mom who's glaring at me like I've just killed a person, I add, "I mean, I've already done what was supposed to be done and-" I'm been cut by Mom.

"Why don't we first eat and then we'll talk later?" She asks mats Davis who just nods her head and look at her husband then Max.

Thank goodness, everyone eats in complete silence, after a few minutes, everyone finishes and continues to talk to one another.

I check my phone to see if there's any message from Joshua.

I miss him so much. I hope he feels the same way about me, 'really? I don't think so.' my subconscious snaps.

"Yes, Trina will show him around." I turn my head to the other side to find Max already staring at me. "And yes two have a lot to talk about." Mom adds.

I get up from my chair as Max does the same thing, he smirks and winks at me?

Me on the other hand, I let out a small tired sigh and signal him with my hand to follow me.

I start to walk upstairs as he rushes behind me, "so..." he starts saying as follows me.

I honestly do not know where I'm taking him but I hope we reach the destination soon.

"Can we talk?" He asks me as I open the door to my bedroom.

"Yes? You can have a seat." I say to him as we both sit on the White couch in my room.

"I'm sorry for everything." He blurts out.

"For?" I raise my eyebrow, confused by what he just said.

"I know that you don't like me at all and you don't want all this to push through but I.. I really like you so much."

It's a relief that he finally got the hint, now I'll be honest with him.

I want to tell him the truth but my mouth is not letting me do it.

"Please, say something." Why does it feel like he wants to be friends? "I get it,you don't have to say anything if you want." He says looking down.

I stand and walk to the mirror and let out a sigh which I had no idea I was holding. "I.. I'm sorry Max but I already like someone else and I don't want to give you false hopes. I hope you understand." I finally say and face him.

He nods and also stands, "I..  it's alright I guess. But just know that I'll always be here for you." He closes the space between us and plants a small kiss on my cheek.

"I appreciate that, thanks." I guess he's not that bad after all, but I don't want to be deceiving myself or anyone. Especially Joshua, but he is not even your boyfriend. My subconscious replies.

He starts talking about his business and how he grew up. I tell him about my fashion house and how it's one of the best in the county but I don't tell him about how I grew up. Joshua is the only one who knows about this apart from my parents and Sam of course.

We continue chatting and laughing about the funny jokes he's making. I don't get it why he had to be a jerk at first and now he's like a new person.

...

"Thank you so much for the dinner Mrs Hidalgo." Mrs Davis says to my mom, giving her a last small hug.

"It's our pleasure to have you here." She smiles.

"I would like to meet you again, very soon." Max whispers and steps out of the mansion following his family.

"Just look at that, I knew you would like him as we do." Mom's voice comes out as soon as she closes the door. "Not only that, our company-"

"It's not only about the company but also our daughter's happiness." Dad finally says something sensible in months and I decide to use that as the key.

"Mom, Dad, I know you want me to be happy but I really don't like Max and I don't want to get married to hi-"

"Enough! You don't have a say in this Trina!" Mom shouts and continues, "you'll do what we tell you to do!"

"But this is my life Mom, I won't get married to anyone if I want and you know you can't force me." I snap and cross my arms over my chest.

She laughs sarcastically and says, "oh really, after what we've done for you?! You would have been nothing if it weren't for us Lisa."

Lisa? So now we're back to Lisa? I must have been a fool to think they would consider me as their own child. I really thought they're the only ones who truly love and care for me.

But I guess I was wrong to think like that, I mean who in their right mind would care for someone who they just bought.

"Enough both of you! It's late we'll talk about it tomorrow, Trina?"

Well, him? He just listens to everything his wife has to say. "No, there's no tomorrow. It'll end here and now, and did you see that? She raised her voice at me! We made her who she's now and she has the audacity to raise her voice and say no to what we've told her to do? Wow! We shouldn't have saved her from that greedy family!" She finishes her speech and walks away.

Excuse me, you didn't save me from anything but you saved yourself from living a life without a child.

She saved you from poverty. My subconscious reminds me.

"I don't like it when you and your mothe.. my wife are fighting. Do something about this Trina." He says and follows his wife to their room.

I sigh and walk to my room.

Melissa's POV:

After chugging a glass of water, I head back to my boss' office with a bunch of files in my hands.

When I open the door, Adrian is on his laptop and he's holding a pen between his index and middle finger.

"Sir, you need to sign these papers and you'll be having meeting Mr Scott and other investors at 2pm." I hand the papers as he checks them before signing.

"Okay, has the new manager for this project arriving?"

"Not yet." I reply.

Today, is the day a new female manager is reporting. I head she's Adrian's friend from college and many of the employees don't like her already.

"Everything should be perfect, we can't miss this opportunity Melissa." I nod and smile a little.

"You may leave, bring Kim here when she arrives." He says.

Walking out of the office, I close the door behind me and stare at the lady walking towards me.

She's wearing Navy blue trousers suit and a white shirt with black heels with a purse in her hands. Her hair is straight, falling on her back.

She must be Kimberly, "good afternoon ma'am. You must be Miss Kimberly." I say as soon as she's only two steps away from me.

She nods and then smiles, "thank you. Just call me Kim, you must be Adrian's secretary."

So it's Adrian for her and not Mr Dawns or something like that?

"Yes, my name is Melissa, my boss is waiting for you in his office." I say and lead the way to Adrian's office.

Once she's in, I walk back to my office and can't help myself but watch my boss and the new lady laughing and chatting through the glass wall.

Maybe they're friends? But why do I feel, jealous. My subconscious finishes for me. She's crazy, why would I feel jealous?

Because he was about to kiss me then stopped himself? No. He's my boss and he doesn't even like me, besides he's just so full of himself and honestly, I'm not into guys who are like that.

I just want someone who's like me, caring and sweet. I groan in frustration and prepare the files for the meeting. I hope everything we'll be perfect because according to him, this is more important than anything or everything I have.

...

The meeting is starting in just a few minutes and I'm very nervous. I don't even know why.

I'm sitting in the corner of the conference room patiently waiting for my boss and his new girlfriend.. manager to make their grand entrance.

Many of our guests are already here, "when's Adrian going to be here?" One of them asks, looking at me closely.

His hair and eyes have the same colour, dark brown and he has short hair.

"He'll be here in just a minute sir." I respond.

"Just call me-" he stops himself as the door slams open, walking in is Adrian and his favorite Chick.

"Please, everyone, sit down." He says as he settles in his chair.

The meeting starts, Kimberly presents her project and Adrian pays attention to every word she says. I still don't get my role in meetings like this, all I do is present the files to my boss and then do nothing until the meeting comes to an end.

...

"Well, I think we have a deal." The oldest guy states with a grin.

The meeting ends and everyone walks out of the conference room except for the nice guy from earlier and my boss who's busy talking to someone on his phone.

"I was hoping to have a chat with the most beautiful woman." He says and smirks. "Frank Scott ." he introduces himself and holds out his hand which I take.

"Melissa Becker." I smile. He kisses the back of my hand.

"Melissa this isn't the place for that." I look behind frank to see an angry Adrian glaring at me and giving a murderous look to Frank. "And you, you came here because of your father and not to flirt with my secretary."

"I-i.. I'm sorry sir." I stutter and gulp.

"It's fine Melissa, I'll talk to my friend." Frank let's out a tired sigh.

Friend?

"He.. You guys are friends?" I ask.

"Best friends." Says Frank.

"Just friends." An annoyed Adrian replies, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I let out a small laugh before exiting the room.

Hey besties!!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter!

How's the story so far?

Does anyone sympathize with Trina? Because I do!

Kimberly! Do you think she's a nice person?

Please comment, vote and share with your friends!

I love you all! ;)

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 2.7K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
598K 24.2K 62
How does it feels to know that your mother left you at the doorstep of some orphanage as soon as you were born? abandoning you? This story is about...
2.4M 91.2K 95
Chelsea Madison, 25, had a story book life. She grew up in Seattle, Washington with two parents who loved her very much, gave her everything that sh...
131K 11K 41
"Why have u come here? Has they left u from the mental asylum?" Shivaay asked "Mental Asylum. Hmm.. Interesting. I was never meant to be there my dea...