Unexpected Love ✅

Autorstwa lemonmintdrink

"Those things you said yesterday... Did you mean them?" - He asked me, still caging me between his arms on ei... Więcej

Prologue
A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 5

251 6 0
Autorstwa lemonmintdrink

"Time is the fire in which we burn."-Gene Roddenberry

~~~

A/N
Date published- 26/04/2023;

2670 words!

145 Reads! 10 votes!

Story rating - #18 wip out of 4.05K stories

Thanks for reading the story.

Please do vote and comments. Would love to hear your thoughts....!!

Thanks to the below readers for voting - Pritz_22 and disha7722

(Now back to the story!)

*

Sid's POV

My parents seemed to like Tara and her family. Grandfather too, who normally doesn't jell with strangers easily, was smitten with her.

However a week later, the astrologer who our aunt (my dad's brother's wife) recommended, said that their astrology profile doesn't match. Upon hearing that, our mother is planning on not proceeding further and checking out other possible matches for me. Our dad is checking with other astrologer for their opinion.

I tossed the entire night. What if this proposal gets checked? Do I have to go through this tortuous bride hunting all over again? Especially when I really didn't mind Tara as my bride???

(A month later)

One thing lead to another and here we are, set to get engaged in another three months. And, our marriage would be six months from then.

Things are happening and I am really not sure if I should be glad or worried about it.

Tara's POV

I'm not afraid of getting married; I fear getting married to someone I can't share my silence with.

(A/N This above line is from Sadia Hakim's Instagram account. So, full credits to her.)

Growing up as single child, I love to be left alone to my devices. As much as I love my friends and friends, sometimes they exhaust me and I prefer to be alone. I love to travel alone. Let no one influences my decisions and choices.

I love the silence in the beach, listening to the waves as they go back and fro. I love quiet walks with Scooby, with my Bluetooth headphones connected and zoned out to the songs of my choice, rather than endure my dad lecturing me about how to be a responsible adult.

I enjoy spending my weekend doing nothing and everything. Cuddled back on the coach with a good book. Cooking something new.

I enjoy the little things. What if Sid doesn't?

What if my marriage ends up crappy like that of my cousin (who is getting a divorce after being married for 2 years).

Why do I have to grow up and be an adult. All I want to do is go back to university and worry about my assignments & examinations. Things that I have control over. Things that I have stamp of approval and are my decisions.

Where did the time go that I am all grown now for marriage?

Honestly, I feel like a child myself.

Marriage is scary.. I have seen many marriage fail and crumple apart, despite being years together and all loved up. All this is making me feel like getting into marriage is maybe not my cup of tea.

I hope Sid and I give each other some space and respect each other's differences. After all, marriages are not about just the love, and the romance and house chores and raising kids and stuff. Right? In books, they bring a peaceful and mindful experience of togetherness.

But, that's all fictional. What's the reality?

God alone knows what he was written in my destiny.

With all these thoughts running around my mind, I ended up burning my cake. Damn it!!

(A week later)

Tara's dad's POV

My brother just called me and cried that his daughter is planning to divorce her husband. They have hardly been married for 2 years and they want a divorce!

I remember my brother going to heaven and beyond, to find this match and at the time, it sounded perfect on paper. Great job security. Good family. He checked all our boxes..

Urgh, then why are they getting divorced now? Maybe it's just fate or destiny.

This left wondering what kind of husband will Tara get?

Will he keep my princess happy?

I pray to the gods above that I am making the right decision.

I know that I am not going to live long until the end of her time. Given that she is the only child, I am honestly very worried that nobody will take care of her after we (Tara's parents) pass away. Who is going to be there for my little girl?

I sincerely pray that Sidharth will turn out to be such a wonderful, supportive and loyal husband. And be with my princess through heaven and hell.

Tara's POV

Manav and I were at the park, talking Scooby out of morning walk.

There was this cute guy jogging past us and even Scooby turnt his head to check him out. Yes, Manav and I shamelessly did too.

Manav told him that he knows that guy and they live in the same building.

And he tells me about that guy now.

Just when I was about to get engaged.

He tells him that he is single

How is he still single? - I wondered

But then, I am super charming myself but I am also single. - My heart consoled myself while my mind rolled her eyes at the self gas lighting.

Sometimes insecurities changes into self confidence.

And, we continued to walk more and I saw him nervously fidgeting, wanting to tell me something and not sure on how to broach the subject.

"What is it?" - I asked him

"So, there is this girl at work." - he started hestistanly, looking at my face for my expressions.

"You, dirty dog!!" - I almost yelled at him and hit his right shoulder playfully.

(A few weeks)

Tara's POV

A couple of us met for lunch after shopping for our engagement.

Myself, Sid, Manav, Ravi , Manvi , Dev and Priya and Sneha (Manav's crush from his office).

A/N

Since it's too many characters, please find below their character sketches as memory refresher

Manav = (Tara's bestie from college)

Ravi = (Sid's bestie from school)

Manvi = (Ravi's wife)

Dev = (Sid's younger brother)

Priya = (Sid's future sister in law); Dev and Priya met in school and dated in university.

Sneha = (Manav's crush from his office).

(Back to the story)
Tara's POV

To be honest, the only reason Manav agreed to go shopping with me was mainly because it was the perfect excuse to ask Sneha out on a date of sorts.

Sneha seems to be a really great person and clearly someone Manav deserves. The date.. I mean, shopping went well.. Although I didn't buy anything. I will have to go again with my parents and my cousins. Urgh, I hate shopping and this is double torture. But, I want my parent's nod of approval for my wedding outfits. Either, they like what I choose or they convince enough to like one or we find some kind of common ground. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Seeing that we are having a lot of fun with this squad, Ravi suggested that we should go for long weekend trip since next month, we have a three day weekend. I suggested Hyderabad since I would be there that week and can take these guys out for sightseeing, on the weekend.

Everyone said that they would check their schedule and let me know.

Everyone, expect Sid. Apparently, that weekend was holiday for him as well and said that he honestly was in need for break.

I noticed Dev and Priya give each other a weird glance. God alone who know goes inside their dirty minds.

However, they said that they already have plans that weekend and won't be able to join. Ravi and Manvi too declined to join since they had to attend their relative's wedding.

This left behind myself, Sid, Manav and Sneha.

Sneha declined politely, much to Manav's dismay. He was hoping that she would join us.

And of course, Manav looked at Sid with that one look. Manav truly has mastered that brooding, older brother, protective glare. And gave me that look - I am not letting you roam Hyderabad alone with him.

I rolled my eyes at his over-protectiveness.

Manav said - "I am visiting some friend there, I can join you" - clearly not comfortable with me being alone with him.

Honestly, I would grateful for Manav to join us since the trip would be awkward as heck.

Nothing can replace the amount of love and care guy best friends give to.

Shout out to him who always listens to female gossips. He is equally interested, as much as he likes to decline it .Convince me otherwise.

(A week later)

Manav's POV

After our work hours,we gathered at Tara's apartment, to celebrate Tara's birthday. (Her parents were in Mumbai)

Some her friends from her school and college were also there. And boy, did we all have a blast.

Some of our friends left her place around the wee hours of 4am, while others crashed at her place since their office was closer by her place. (And they didnt want to sit through traffic next day, hehe)

Tara's POV

As I blew the candle over the my birthday cake wearing a shiny birthday party hat, I remembered that I was turning 26 now and getting old is making me sad.

I hit with the realization that this is my last birthday being single. As a single woman.

The same time next year, I am going to be a married woman!!

Quickly putting these sad thoughts aside, I recovered myself and decided to enjoy my last birthday as single woman to the maximum possible.

This is my day. It's time to get fucked up and celebrate! Today's all about me because it's my BIRTHDAY

My last birthday being single!!

Slicing my birthday cake, I fed the first bite of my bud, Manav. And everyone..I mean everyone took turn putting the icing from the cake and applying it on my cheeks. Towards the end, it literally looked like I had a cake facial.

We karaoke-d until our throat hurts and danced like no one was watching. I even managed to slow dance with Scooby and he enjoyed every bit of it.

It was pure craziness and I was surrounded by all of my favorite people.

Manav plans a damn good party, I will give him that. Movie. Karaoke. Cake. Food. And lot of drinks.

This was one hell of a crazy party, we are going to suffer tomorrow.

Sid's POV

I went home dead tired after 18-hour shift. I dragged myself like zombie and all I wanted was food & my bed.

I reached home around 6am and found grandpa immersed into his newspaper.

"Good morning, grandpa" - I wished and watched him cut the paper away to take a sip of coffee.

"Morning. Did you wish her?"

Was it mother's birthday today? I quickly glanced at the calendar and it was nowhere near her birthday or their wedding anniversary.

"Who?" - I asked him and headed to the kitchen to dig up the fridge.

Sid's grandfather's POV

"Who?" - He asked him, clearly having forgotten the day. I rolled my eye in annoyance at my grandson

"Tara. Yesterday was her birthday"

I watched his eyes widened in shock, as he munched on an apple.

Don't tell him that he didn't wish her. He has always been bad at remembering dates. We have come to get used to that now, but still Tara doesn't. I hope that she doesn't feel bad.

Sid's POV

I laid on bed, wondering on whether I should call and wish her for her birthday. I glanced at clock in my room and it read 6:30am.

Manav did mention that Tara is usually up at 6am. And so gathering up what little energy I have, I called up Tara and it was Manav who answered the call. He sounded rather hoarse.

"TARA! IT'S YOUR BOYFRIEND!" - He screamed, almost making my ears go deaf.

I hear a low husky voice of Tara - "That cute guy from the park?"

What??? What, cute guy is she talking about?

"NO, YOUR HUSBAND!" - Manav yelled again in a sing-along voice.

I heard a bout of laughter echoing behind him.

Where are they? I wondered.

"Hello, husband." - She answered after a few seconds, slurring her words. I could tell that she was drunk. And she sounded so cute. The alcohol made her voice deeper and her accent more pronounced and she barely sounded like herself.

The fact that she called me husband, sent my heart racing for brief second.

"He is not your husband yet." - I hear a voice behind her. No doubt teasing her.

I hear some hush hush commotion happening on her side and I couldn't understand one single word of it.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" - she screamed randomly out of blue and with that, the call ended. I called her back but her number was switched off. Her battery must have died.

Chucking to myself at her craziness, I left a whatsapp message and caught up with much needed sleep

"Happy belated birthday, peaches!"

Tara's POV

We partied hard. Really hard.

My house was a mess. But I didnt care since today was my day. Well, technically yesterday but no one cares.

Everyone found their spots in the living room. And just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard a very familiar tone. It's my ringtone.

I was too tired to move and so Manav answered the call and put it on speaker.

I didn't even care to bother who the caller is. I just need to sleep since I have important meeting at 10 and need to be wide awake for that.

"TARA! IT'S YOUR BOYFRIEND!" - He screamed despite being right next to me, lying on the smaller sofa set.

My boyfriend?

"That cute guy from the park?" - I managed to ask him. How did he get my number? And why is my head hurting so much?

Is this what growing old feels like?

"NO, YOUR HUSBAND!" - He yelled again and went to my bedroom, no doubt to catch up some much needed sleep.

"Hello, husband." - I repeated, without thinking much and heard my friends laughing next to me.

"He is not your husband yet." - My friend, Ajay whispered rather loudly. What's with everyone and their volumes today?

Just then, I watched my best friend from school, Divya, leaving the door open. Her husband outside waiting for her to take her home. And Scooby, being the untrained puppy that he is, ran behind her.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" - I yelled at her, for leaving the door open, and ran behind her, to get back my Scooby.

(Three hours later)

Lord alone knows how I managed to drag myself off the ever-so comfy coach and refresh up to be presentable for work meeting.

Right now, it's just an internal team meeting with our manager.

"Someone is hung-over for their birthday"

My colleagues howled at me seeing my face on one of our team meetings.

"Too loud, guys!" - I grumbled and wincing at my head ache.

"Some birthday, huh?" - My work bestie, Deepa, snickered.

"Well, that was one hell of a party..." - I replied, remising last night and turning my video off on my zoom settings. I kept glancing at the door since Manik has gone out to grab us some brunch. And my stomach is already growling.

During the meeting, I managed to check my phone. I saw Sid's message and the events from early this morning came flashing up to me, leaving me embarrassed.

Sid
6:30am
Happy birthday, peaches!

I really wish that he stops calling me with that silly nickname. It's so stupid and lame.

Tara
9:30am
Thanks, dude !

And just when I was about to keep my phone away and concentrate at the meeting, my phone vibrated with another message. It was Sid.

Sid
9:31am
*husband

I rolled my eyes upon seeing his message. Especially when he's hinting that the fact that I accidentally called him husband in state of drunk. In my defense, I was drunk.

No way, I am calling him husband now that I'm sober. Of sorts.
And, we are not even engaged.

I leave the message on read and get back to concentrating on the meeting.

My baby looks tired! But his mommy unfortunately has to attend a meeting with a bunch of idiots. How I wish I too could sleep in, like him.

~~~

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Chapter inspirations:-

Prompt #365:
The alcohol made her voice deeper and her accent more pronounced and she barely sounded like herself.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

674K 24K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...
667K 35.4K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...
870K 47.4K 39
COMPLETED ✅ #1 in indian on 12/01/21 # 1 in india on 8/3/21 #1 in Family on 11/7/21 #1 in husbandandwife on 9/9/21 Two people who had no choice but...
265K 8.4K 35
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...