Dark Shadows Are Alive

By ChocolatePoptart33

In a world where all of the fantasy creatures that roam about in books are real there are very few people who... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (I LOVE THAT NUMBER)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 25

147 3 0
By ChocolatePoptart33

~Lynn's Dream/Flashback~

We were all riding in the car; My mom, dad, Zac, and I were all sitting there, happily and chatting, oblivious to what was about to happen. It was as if my older self was watching as a spectator, not being able to warn anyone or do anything.

NO! WATCH THE ROAD! I yelled to my dad, who of course couldn't hear me. He continued glancing at the road every few seconds then looking back to me and Zac who kept owning me at rock paper scissors.

Suddenly a figure appeared right in front of the car, the man putting his hand out as if to stop the car. The younger version of me screamed, thinking we were about to run him over. The car made an impact with his hand, making the car flip over the guy and everyone in the car scream.

Younger me held onto Zac, wanting to protect him from the impact when the car hit the cement and continued rolling until it came to a stop, landing on its side.

I was grabbed from the car, with a crying Zac still in my arms. NO! I yelled to the younger version of myself. LET HIM GO! HE'LL BE SAFE IF YOU LET HIM GO!

The guy carrying me finally noticed the seven year old boy, crying in his sisters arms. NO ZAC!

Suddenly my parents managed to get themselves out of the car, and immediately took notice of the scene.

"MOMMY!" past me yelled towards the figure that was my mom, as she just noticed the vampire that was lunging at my mom from behind.

My mom was quick though, turning around and fending him off the best she could before he threw her to the ground and came towards me and Zac. He grabbed Zac out from my arms and held him up by his neck, making me thrash around in the big guys arms.

"ZAC! Daddy!" I yelled towards my dad who was retrieving something from the car and as soon as he heard my scream he came running towards the man holding Zac by his throat.

Zac wouldn't last long and even I knew that at my young age. His body was still developing and his bones weren't matured enough yet to withstand being held by someone that big only by his little neck.

Before my dad could stake the man holding Zac, I was dropped to the ground and the guy who was holding me was now throwing my dad against the car saying "Don't fight and this will go easy."

I closed my eyes, knowing what was gonna happen next and not wanting to witness it again. I heard a snap and knew what happened.

Zac was now lying on the ground lifeless. The big guy had held him up for far too long and with his super grip and the way he kept moving him around made Zac's little neck snap so the only thing connecting his head to his body was the skin.

I started to cry and watched as younger me did the same. My mother was now back on her feet from the adrenaline at her last borns' death. She grabbed the stake from my fathers hand and shoved it through the man who killed Zac's chest. She knew the other guy would kill her but she did it anyway.

The guy dropped to the ground and burst into flames before the other guy grabbed my mom and snapped her neck. He then turned back to me, forgetting my dad was even there and came towards me, taking in a deep breath through his nose before saying "You smell delicious".

That's when younger me finally noticed the gaping wound on the side of her stomach and pressed it to try and slow the bleeding. I placed a hand over my own scar and watched the scene play out before me.

"Vampire!" My dad yelled, making the vampire turn around and stalk towards him.

"Don't. Touch. My. Daughter." He growled out before swinging a stake into the vampires chest, but not before the vampire had a hand in my dads.

As the vampire fell to the ground, he pulled my dads heart out with him. Making them both collapse, only the vampire lit on fire.

Daddy.. both me and the younger me whispered.

She crawled towards my dad's lifeless figure and took out his phone and calling 911, telling them she needed an ambulance, even though deep down she knew they could do nothing for a man who no longer had a heart.

I watched as she rocked back and forth, cradling our father and I knew exactly what was running through her head because the same thing never stopped playing through mine.

The one thing that vampire said that forever stuck in her mind, letting her know that everything that just happened was all her fault.

Sorry but you're all expendable, I only need the girl.

~End~

Shooting up straight in my bed, I tried to slow my breathing from the way it was racing after reliving my memory once again. I can't even remember the last time i actually got a good night of sleep.

Running a hand through my hair I looked over to my alarm clock that read nine am. That's when I heard movement next to me and a voice say "Are you okay, Lynn?"

I looked over to see Mark standing there. Ignoring his question I looked over to Aria's bed to see she was gone, meaning she's probably downstairs.

"What are you doing here? Aria's probably downstairs!" I whisper yelled at him.

"Well it seems you've managed to piss off both of my brothers so now I have to watch you whether you like it or not" he said in a normal voice

"I dont even need you guys! You've never saved me, actually you make matters worse. I don't want you here or need you here so get out!"

"Look it doesn't matter what you say. I have strict orders to not leave you alone" he said back

Really? Well where were those orders when Aria, Casper and I were getting attacked at a bar, Asshole! My mind yelled at him.

Instead I just sighed and held back my anger while saying "Then tell Rikki to come over here. We can have some girl time and I can teach her how to fight."

He gave me a curious look as if to check and make sure I wasn't trying to trick him. Which I wasn't. I mean in all honesty, that girl needs to learn how to protect herself. She's a vampire for goodness sakes.

When he finally decided I was telling the truth he pulled out his phone and dialed a number then put his phone to his ear. I could only hear his side of the conversation which consisted of 'Lynn wants you over here. I don't know, something about teaching you to fight. We'lll maybe she will. Okay bye.' So yeah, not too revealing.

"Rikki will be here in about five minutes" he told me before jumping out of my window, leaving me to get ready for his sisters arrival.

I got out of bed and decided against showering, since I would be getting all sweaty anyway. Walking into my closet I decided to wear my black yoga shorts as fighting pants and a dark blue sports bra and slipping on a white cardigan over it, just so I wouldn't be walking around the house with a bra on.

When the doorbell rang I walked downstairs as I put my hair up into a messy but tight bun. I pulled the door open to reveal Rikki standing there in pink sweats that gathered at the ankle in a bunch so they wouldn't touch the ground and had the word love written on them in white. For a top she wore a white tank top and a pink sports bra under it. Good. She came prepared

After I invited her in and we talked for a few minutes, I let her to the kitchen so we could get some waters before we went down to the basement for the workout.

As soon as I walked into the kitchen I spotted Aria sitting on the counter with her arms wrapped around Caspers neck and Casper with his legs on either side of hers and his hands on her waist to keep her close as they made out.

I of course fake screamed and groaned saying "Not in here! I eat in here!" before shielding my eyes from that side of the room and grabbing two waters then leaving the kitchen, hearing laughing as I made my way to the basement where Rikki was waiting.

I sat our two waters on the ground before unbuttoning my cardigan and taking it off and throwing it on the couch then pushing the couch against the wall so there was a good amount of room in the center of the floor.

"Okay. Lets start with the basics." I said while tossing her a pair of red boxing gloves while I slipped on my blue ones.

She slipped on the gloves and struggled with tightening them so I took mine back off and tightened hers before slipping mine back on and using my mouth to undo the velcro and pull it tight then place it down.

"Okay. Come on" I said, leading her over to the plain black punching bag Aria wrote 'Kick ass bitch' across it in silver sharpie.

"Do you know how to punch?" I asked her, and she shook her head as a response.

I sighed and showed her, using both my arms in the right form to punch in slow motion. Soon enough she was following my motions exactly.

Smiling I said " Good. Now do that to the bag" before going and standing behind it so it wouldn't swing around too much after she did.

She just gave me a nervous look then punched the bag to where it barely moved an inch.

"Oww, thats hard" she whined.

"Yeah. Thats why we have gloves" I said, not admitting that when I decide I need to feel the pain from it I destroy the thing with no gloves on, resulting in my knuckles getting scraped up from the type of material.

"Now you're a vampire. Use all of that extra strength you have, okay? And don't hold back" I said, giving her a determined look.

She gave me a nod so I went back to where I was standing behind it. Then she punched the thing with all her strength, sending it flying at me. With my training, I caught it with ease and smiled at her.

"Good. Now keep doing that until you think you can fight me" I said while holding onto the punching bag to keep it from moving as she kept punching it over and over.

I imagine I'll have a few bruises from it hitting me a few times but after a while Rikki finally said "Okay, I think I'm ready." making me smile and use my teeth to take off my gloves.

"Okay. Come on" I said, leading her to the center of the room where I had moved the couch away from.

Standing on the big fighting mat I looked at her "Okay. I'm gonna teach you some defence moves and some blocks and strikes okay. Then we'll put them together and soon enough you'll know how to fight, you know, for the most part."

She laughed and said "You know, this is very ironic. A vampire hunter teaching a vampire how to fight."

I smirked and said "I only kill the things that attack the innocent so unless you plan on going on a killing spree anytime soon, I think we're fine." i said before coming close to her and starting to teach her the basics.

After a while we were fighting at normal speed then soon enough she was good enough to take me on for real. Right now we stood at opposite ends of the mat, walking in a circle around each other.

"Okay Rikki this time don't hold back like you've been. That wont help you any." when she gave me a worried look I added in "I promise you won't hurt me" which was a lie. Anything she does from this point on could hurt me with her using her full strength. But thats what this is all for in the end and if I cant defend myself from one vampire who just learned how to fight then I'm useless.

Soon enough Rikki came charging at me. I used the angle of her feet to determine her path and dodged it with ease, only to have her respond with her wrapping her arms around my neck in a choke hold. I smirked and grabbed her around back then used all my strength to throw her over me with her. Ending in me straddling her, coming down at her fast with a stake but she was quick. She threw me off and we stood facing each other once again.

I knew we had to finish this fight so I put all of the anger I had into it. All of the memories of my parents flooding back into my head and the reasons why their gone. She came at me and I used her shoulders to jump around her. Unfortunately, its never a good idea to let anger fuel a battle. Because with anger comes distractions of why you're angry. And with that comes an opening.

Rikki swung at me with force, hitting me right over my scar, sending me flying into the wall, leaving a big dent in it. I knew I couldn't get back up because out of all my week points, that one was the worse. With that one, sounds came flooding back into my head of how I got it. Zacs crying body flashed before my eyes, followed by my mothers screams for her son, the sound of metal scraping the cement, and worst of all, my dads eyes meeting mine as he said his last words and used his own life to save mine.

All I could hear were all of our screams and cries from when the car flipped over, the evil vampires laugh as he watched Zacs body fall to the ground. My eyes were closed and I could faintly hear voices yelling for me.

It was one in particular that drew me out of this state though, one that had been doing it for years after using that weak spot when fighting me.

Hands covered my ears and I felt a pinching sensation in my abdomen, bringing me back to the present. My eyes blinked open as I took a deep breath, letting the air fill my lungs.

"Carson" I breathed out as he took his hands off my ears "What are you doing here?"

"Saving your ass from misery apparently. I told you to defend your right side over and over and what do you do? You let your anger take over and leave yourself utterly defenseless." he said as he fulled me out of the hole in the wall.

Me, having no energy at all, just collapsed into him. He of course caught me then looked over at Rikki asking "How long have you guys been training?"

She shrugged and said "Since like nine, why? What time is it?"

"Its two in the afternoon! Lynn what the hell? You know better than to go at it for that long." He yelled

"Are you seriously lecturing me on what I do Carson? You have no say over what the hell I do in my life!"

"I'm you're older brother, meaning I do have a say!" he yelled back, now that I was on the couch

Ignoring the fact that Casper and Aria were also down here watching us I continued our argument, yelling "You're my older brother? Since when Carson! I'm pretty sure you didn't even remember I was alive after the accident. Everything was about you. Everyone was so damn sorry for us and let you do whatever the hell you wanted. You could hit me, fight me, do drugs, hell you even started to run over peoples shit in their yard with your truck and they let it pass. They thought I got hurt in the accident and let everything else pass. And of course you were my big brother who was in pain so I wasn't gonna say anything. But you know what Carson? Get off you're high fucking horse! You weren't there! You didn't have to watch Zac's little head get torn from his body. You didn't have to see moms neck get snapped or Dads heart get ripped from his chest. I kept all those details from you so you wouldn't have to deal with that after losing almost your whole family. But here they are. All their screams you didn't have to hear. All the blood. And everything covered up." I ended quietly, holding back tears that threatened to escape.

"And its all because of you" he stated quietly

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"It's all because of you!" he said louder "You didn't want to go to school that day to face that stupid exam you didn't study for so they took you to grams! No one ever wanted to make it worse by actually saying it but on the inside, we all knew it was your fault they're dead. So here it is! Its all your fault you selfish bitch!" he yelled at me.

Yet, he didn't even know the half of it. He didn't know about the vampires that attacked me only for my blood. Whether we were on that road or not, they would've found us and taken me. He didn't know that they just so happened to choose that one time that they picked up Zac before coming to get me, because Zac wanted to see Grams. Of course I wasn't gonna tell him that. I already knew everything he just said was true. He knew his words hurt me, because I knew they were ture, but he didn't care.

Pushing every feeling I had to the back of my head, I stood up and looked towards Rikki who stood with tears and that one look in her eyes. Pity. I hate it when people look at you with pity.

"I think you should go Rikki. We have prior engagements to attend to." I told her while grabbing my cardigan and carrying it upstairs with me.

The doorbell rang as we got up there and Casper answered it. As soon as the door opened, Damon stormed in yelling "Where's Rikki! I've been calling her and she wont answer" before Rikki came up from the basement and walked over to him.

"Rikki whats wrong?" Damon asked her with worried eyes

She glanced at me, knowing exactly what I would say "Its none of your damn business". I of course didn't say anything and stayed quiet with a plain emotionless face on from pushing all my feelings away.

Rikki got the point though as she turned back to Damon saying "Nothing, sorry. I left my phone at the house on silent but I was just getting ready to leave, so..." she said while eyeing the door.

Damon got the message as he silently walked out of our house, most likely feeling the tension in the room. Rikki smiled at me as a thanks then left after Damon, shutting the door behind her.

I turned to look at Aria, who was already dressed for the funeral, asking,"So how much time do I have?"

She looked at her phone then said "Thirty minutes" and that was all I needed to run upstairs and take a shower then get dressed in a black dress that was tight around my chest and had thick straps, then flowed down loose till about my knees and ended.

Slipping on my black flats, I met them all downstairs by two forty five. That's good, gives us time to get there.

Glancing at Carson I noticed, despite his words, that he was dressed in a black suit with a black tie and dress shoes. Aria wore a black dress, similar to mine, with black tights and flats. Casper was wearing a suit like Carson's, the only thing that was different were their ties. Casper's was thicker and had white skulls with cross bones all over it, making me smile a little bit. He knew I would love the irony so he wore it.

Sighing I grabbed my keys and headed out the door with all of them following as I said "Let's just get today over with."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 264 46
Young lady goes on a journey to self discovery amidst life's ups and downs. Through it all she finds that love could be found in the most unprecedent...
38.3K 490 77
A lively, Energetic and wierdly insane 14 year old girl finds out what love,life and well... everything really is like. She has to face her backstab...
2.9K 1.2K 31
**************************************** Completed **************************************** Have you ever wondered what...
107K 2.3K 27
{Currently being re-written} Lynn Jones is your average nice, sweet, and friendly good girl. She gets A's and nothing less. Aundraya, your typical...