A Game Of Revenge

Oleh Failia_Baighaan

"And what you desire. We will have a normal Boss and PA relationship.." "What game?" I asked in a whisper, no... Lebih Banyak

1- Slap
2- Wrath
3- Interview
4- Lucien Layne
5- Trial
6- Contract
7- Infamous Photographer
8- Dead End
9- Intimidation
10- The Visit
11- Orphanage
12- Order
13- Absolute Obedience
14- Beyond A Physical Attraction
15- Threat
16- Not Him
18- Drunk Night
19- Undesirable
20- In Her Reflection
21- Cooking and Talking
22- A White Rose
23- Vulnerable
24- Order
25- Winner
26- A Short-Lived Solace
27- Unbearable Feelings
28- The Coin And The Promise
29- Watch My Steps
30- Seduction
31- The Game
32- Scars
33- Paradise
34- Recordings
35- Payback
36- New Home
37- Personal Assistant
38- Deviant Jealousy
39- Player
40- Heartbroken Yourself
41- Desires
42- Forbidden Actions
43- Desires Are Desires, After All
44- Guilty
45- Break Her Heart
46- My Woman
47- A Desperate Call
48- Murderer
49- Such A Loser
50- Love Games
51- Mockery
52- Compassion
53- All His
54- Challenge
55- Disgusting Animal
56- Preparation
57- Envy
58- Dominance
59- The Destination
60- Breaking Façade
61- His Vengeance
62- Disgrace
63- Nightmare
64- Lucien's Wrath
65- A Person's Dignity
66- Remorse
67- Awkward
68- Dinner
69- For his Sake
70- Rose
71- A Burnt Dinner
72- Drown You
73- For her happiness
74- Very Captivating
75- Midnight Confessions
76- Heartbreak
77- Couldn't
78- Truths
79- Mocked Love
80- Lover Should Be Equal
81- Anger
82- Strangely Beautiful
83- A Deliberate Rumor
84- Talks Of The Heart
85- Her Sorrow
86- Scar
87- His Sorrow
88- Strange Letter
89- A lovely Misunderstanding
90- Time
91- A Proper Proposal
92- The Meeting
93- Condition
94- Memorable Events
95- Jealous B*tch
96- Day Together
97- Temptations
98- Father
99- Mourning
100- Fresh Start
101- Abrupt Confession
Last- I do
Epilogue

17- Unique Crystal

648 28 0
Oleh Failia_Baighaan

Rumors of me being arrogant and rude spread in the office and all I could do was to remain silent because I couldn't give any justification.

I was stuck in a very undesirable situation with no hopes of liberation. It was like I was on a wall and in front of me was a demon from my past and behind me was a fire of vengeance and both of them were fierce and I felt so vulnerable.

'Did Lucien tell Mr Layne about me?'

I shuddered, no if he did Mr Layne will never miss the opportunity to make a show of my scars or taunt me about them endlessly. He would even fire me as well.

I sighed and pulled my hair in frustration but thankfully to break that stress, a knock appeared on the door.

"Come in." I said and cleared my throat when Jasper; Our Director of Finance came.

"Ms Beth, You asked me to stop the aid of Hydra Malls. I need to discuss it with you." I nodded and got up from my seat.

We sat on the chairs in the corner of my cabin and were discussing it.

"-But it can affect both of us." Jasper said. I raised an eyebrow and he continued.

"Even without the fixed payment, they are willing to pay in installments. Besides, they still have great sales of our product and stopping our shipment can affect both of us. "

"It's Mr Layne's decision. It has nothing to do with me." I shrugged.

"Talk to him about it, I can't do anything."

"I see, Well, I will talk to him then." He smiled.

"By the way, are you free tonight?"

"Yeah. Why?" I smiled.

"Some of us colleagues are going out.. Wanna come?" He offered. I cannot talk during work but I surely can after work.

"When and where?" I asked excitedly as he told me the time and place.

"I will be there." I agreed hastily. He smiled widely and lowered his gaze.

"Okay then. I am looking forward to seeing you there." He then looked at me and joked, "That might change the way others think about you."

"Oh? Tell me. I am interested to know." I chuckled, smirking a little.

"Leave it, they are just jealous. But I admire your dedication to your work." I have no other choice.

"Thanks." A short silence came and I decided to break it as I asked.

"Jasper."

"Hmm?" He said, looking through some papers.

"Did your contract-"

I was curious to know what his contract state or does he have one in the first place but then Devil came, looking at his phone and opened the door as if he was entering his room,

"Garnet, I am leaving. Come with me, I will-"

He stopped when he raised his gaze and looked at me and Jasper. He put his phone back in his pocket and raised an eyebrow with a glint of something dark yet strange.

We both stood up, I felt awkward by the stare of Jasper after hearing Mr Layne calling me so informally.

"What brings you here, Mr Flynn?" His stern resonance came.

"He was here to discuss about terminating our contract with Hydra." I said coldly, closing my arms at my chest. I looked at Jasper and smiled.

"See you tonight, Jasper."

I deliberately said that so Mr Layne can know that he cannot control me. And I can do what I want. I am not their possession.

Jasper smiled back nervously and gathered his file and left.

After he left I looked at Mr Layne and asked, "You were saying something, Sir." He looked at me with a hint of ire and took a step closer.

I pointed to the door, signaling him that it's opened and my one scream can show him a 'very' good show.

He scowled and I walked back to my table and leaned on it, "You are violating our contract, Ms Beth." He hissed.

"How so? He talked to me and invited me. There's no talk about my personal information in between." I defended myself with a casual shrug.

He walked closer as I replied monotonously, "Watch your distance Mr Layne."

His eyes flashed in excitement to torment me for doing this and honestly, I was aware of the consequences but I was quite enjoying it, to embed the fact he couldn't manipulate anyone like they are his slaves.

"Were you saying something?" I asked, his fascinating eyes glistened in something unfathomable as he smiled vilely.

"I was hoping to drop you off at the orphanage since I was going home as well but it seems like you like it here. Enjoy your time here, Let me get some files for you to check and you are 'not' allowed to leave unless you complete them here." He ordered.

My smile faded when I heard it. He gave me a victorious look and left. "Asshole." I cursed him in my mind.

I heaved a sigh and put my hand over my forehead. I didn't want him to boast about a tiny shred of sympathy anyways. I can go there myself too.

As I was lost in thoughts, he came with a few files. He handed me hastily, almost causing them to fall as if he was in a hurry.

I raised my gaze furiously to see what was wrong with him to be in such a hurry.

"There you go, finish it." He said breathlessly and I was taken aback.

Chaining our gaze only to find that the heartbreaker has tears brimmed in his eyes. My smile faded when I looked at his eyes. Are they real?

Was he even capable of shedding a tear?

They looked so dolorous and exquisite at the same time. The tears present in his azure eyes shine like a crystal. My heart constricted. It felt like he was in intense pain but couldn't show it but no one could feel it, not even him.

'Were mine tears the same? Is that why he came? Beyond a physical attraction, were those my... tears?'

My lips slightly parted and I couldn't look away as his eyes bore into mine and nothing but those tears enticed me. And I reversed our roles, filled with amusement, I asked.

"What deluged you in sorrows?"

His eyes went wide as he quickly broke the gaze. I let out my breath which stopped at that moment. He pulled away quickly and wiped his eyes with his sleeves and was about to leave.

I stood up and suddenly said, almost to mock him, "What happened? Tell me, I am intrigued."

"Don't bother me." He muttered, averting his gaze, jaw clenched as I used his words on him.

"Why not, Dear?" I asked again, trying to suppress my snicker and enhance his fury.

"Am I not allowed to be intrigued by a unique crystal I just saw?" I teased, I didn't know what took over me as I found myself getting dazzled.

"No. You are nobody to involve yourself in my matter." He growled, barely upholding his façade, glancing from his shoulder, warning me to stop those ridiculous talks.

But-

'I felt the same when you tried to hurt my misery. When you broke my rhythm.'

Curious to wonder what brought tears to his eyes, I continued to tease him, "I can assure you won't regret it."

He stopped in his tracks. He emitted a deep breath and no matter how much he tried to hide the fact that he was depressed, he couldn't. How amusing.

He forced a smirk and turned to me, "Using my cards on me, hmm?" He jeered.

"Then satisfy my curiosity. What can raze a ruthless piece of flesh?" I asked with a feeble smirk but I failed to realize the ache of my words.

"A ruthless.. Piece of flesh?"

He was taken aback for a second and I stared deeply into those blue orbs hiding such mystifying emotions in them but he was disheartened.

"Is that what you consider me?" He asked sorrowfully as if hearing this from my lips hurt him.

For a second his murk cleared up and the urge to explore them aroused in me. I blinked, stunned by his sudden change of behavior, "Are you not?" I asked, not understanding his demeanor.

He turned and unbuttoned his coat and left saying in his usual deep voice which was colder than ice, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

"Finish these files and don't try to involve yourself with me."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.8K 46 54
❗️Mature❗️ The weight of his fingers inside the wet mess in my core made me lose control, I didn't even know my body could do things like that. He we...
1.4M 50.2K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
24K 1K 44
The Vicious Leader: Prince Silvester *** "Call my name, if you want me to stop, Cinzel." Defeated against his allure and dominance, I whimpered his...
132K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...