Walk On The Wild Side [Not Ed...

بواسطة itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! [Originally called Crush On The Bad Boy] Socially awkward Victoria Pennington is a com... المزيد

P R O L O G U E [ S N E A K P E A K + T R A I L E R + C A S T ]
Prologue
1. "You can never get rid of me"
2. "What are you really hiding Tori?"
3. "Tori, just get in the damn car!"
4. "Why a gay stripper bar?"
5. "I'll give it back to you if you give me some answers."
6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"
7. "I dare you to kiss me."
8. "Who knew the bad boy is a softie"
9. "She's back"
10. "I'm here if you need me"
11. "He doesn't do love he bangs different girls, every day"
12. "All things go back to Daniel"
13. "did he just call me Kitten?"
14. "Aww Kitten, you worry about me."
15. "I'm here for you Tori, I'll be by your side."
16. "Do it now Carter!"
18. "You are so stupid Tori."
I have a Snapchat account?
19. "Do you have feelings for him?"
20. "What secret?"
21. "Did you just smell me?"
22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."
23. "I'm giving you an offer."
24. "surveillance camera"
25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."

6.2K 267 133
بواسطة itsjustmejessica14

Chapter 17 – "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."

[Listen to the music on the side if you want to imagine this chapter]

Silence passed by.

BOOM.

I close my eyes shut tightly, feeling no pain.

Wait - What?

I heard the person behind me groan in pain, his arms unloosened from my wrist and throat.

I turned around and saw Tommy on the ground coughing out blood, I freeze in shock.

"Cale, I a-am going to kill y-you!" he yelled spitting out blood.

I heard the object drop on the ground, as I felt a pair of warm hands intertwine with my hand.

"Wouldn't you have to get up for that?" I looked at Carter with are-you-insane look. He smirked looking at Tommy.

I look back at Tommy and see him looking at me. "Carter you picked her instead of finding out about your mom?" he said laughing bitterly at the end.

I look down, as it was my fault.

I felt Carter's big hands grabbing my hand tighter, I look at him.

He turns and smiles giving me his exclusive Tori smile.

My heart was doing backflips and cartwheels.

What the hell?

I blush and Carter looks away smiling, his expression changes when he looks at Tommy. "I'll do whatever I want."

Tommy laughs humourlessly. "You'll regret leaving me in this state."

Carter let go of my hand and walked towards Tommy and punched him on the cheek, I cover my eyes with both of my hands. I hear silence which makes me uncover my eyes.

I see Carter's back and when he turns around I see Tommy's body on the ground.

Was he dead?

My eyes widen as I gasp.

"Relax, I didn't kill him." He said rolling his eyes.

He walks past me, I stare at Tommy's body in shock.

Carter shot Tommy in the chest and punched him on the face.

"Are you coming?" I heard him behind me.

I take a deep breath in, I turned and walked towards him.

I feel his stare burning holes into my skull as we exit out of the old factory.

I blush and bite my lip wondering why he was staring at me?

Was there something on my face?

I go even redder, well I'm glad it's pretty much dark outside.

"I thought I was going to die." I said honestly.

He moves. "For a smart girl like you, you were pretty stupid tonight." My mouth fell open as he smirks. "Why would I shoot you?"

I close my mouth, looking away.

I shrugged putting both hands inside my pocket as I kicked some stones. "How would I know? You've been avoiding me remember?"  He tensed which made me look up, his smirk had disappeared as he looked down doing the same exact thing as I was doing earlier.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why did you avoid me?"

He clenched his jaw. "Just drop it Nerd." Ouch! "I don't want talk about it." He snapped, which caught me of guard.

I had so many questions ask him.

What did Tommy mean about information about Carter's mom? I thought Carter's mom remarried and moved away. Is this what Carter does? Finding out where Mrs Cale is?

What tommy had said earlier, reminded me how much it was my fault.

'Carter you picked her instead of finding out about your mom'

Carter should have picked his mom, I'm just no one to him.

I take a deep breath in and out, I don't know how Carter's going to react.

"What Tommy said earlier on, why did you pick me instead of your mom?" his head snapped towards me.

He gave me are-you-insane look.

"Wow! Definitely not the response I was hoping for."

I raised an eyebrow while looking at him. "Oh really? What response were you hoping for?" I looked at him teasingly.

"Oh Carter thank you for saving my life, you're so strong and hot as fuck!" he said in a girly voice which made me burst out in to laughter.

He joined in.

"Ha-ha very funny!" I said sarcastically.

"But you laughed?" he said confused, his brows creased which made him look cute.

What the hell am I saying?!

Carter's is not cute, he is the bad guy and you're supposed to stay away from bad people.

But I can't with Carter.

What is happening to me?

"You okay?"

I looked up. "Pffttt yeah!" I said awkwardly slapping his arm.

"Okaay." He trailing.

Oh god, he thinks I'm weird now.

Wait when did I start caring about what Carter thought about me.

"You wish I said that to you." He barked out of laughter as I joined in with him.

He changed the subject. "You are definitely turning stupid." My mouth fell open, he turned to face me and saw my expression and chuckled lightly.

I rolled my eyes, I cross my arms over my chest. "Come on, tell me. What's going on?"

He looked at me and raised an eyebrows. "Are you turning into my therapist." He teased.

I uncrossed my arms, I blush. "What no!  of cours- wait you have a therapist?"

Carter nods as he pulls something out from his pocket, I realise it was a packet of cigarette.

"I thought you would have stopped smoking."

He lit his cigarette and blew out some smoke. He chuckled. "Kitten I don't stop smoking."

I don't look at him. "Why?"

I feel his stare on me. "It helps with somethings."

I could never understand Carter.

"What things?"

"Things that you could never understand." He says sighing.

"Try me." I pushed.

I stop which causes him to stop.

He doesn't say anything which makes me look up at him.

I stare at his dark brown eyes. "You have pretty green eyes." He says, I gulp and feel heat crawling up my cheeks.

I realise how close we are, he was changing the subject and it worked.

I roll my eyes and push his chest away from me.

 He stumbled back a little surprise from my move.

"Nice try,"

"Dammit." He mumbled.

We carrying on walking while he smokes.

"Tell me." I continue. "What's going on?"

He sighs in frustration. "I don't want to talk about it." He says breathing out smoke.

I sighed stomping my feet on the ground, he looks at me amused. "Come on Carter, you always say that, but you never end up telling me." I pout whiling crossing my arms.

He rolls his eyes. "Exactly my point." He snorts.

He drops the cigarette and steps on it, cutting out the fire.

He tries looking away from me, but my adorable puppy dog face worked!

"Look everything will make sense one day, I promise." He said biting the inside of his cheeks.

I sighed kicking a stone, I decide to stop asking him any questions.

I hope Carter knows where were going because I'm not great at remembering paths.

"Carter?" he turned his head towards me. "Do you know where exactly were going?" he bit his lip and looked away.

Oh he had not forgot the way!

"Carter, hello speak!" I say clicking my fingers in front of him.

"What?" he said bothered.

Has he not been listening?

"Do you know where were going?"

He changes the subject. "I think we need to try finding a place to stay."

I stop which causes him to stop as well. "How can you- you know what? I'm just going to leave it to you." I said with a lot of hand gestures.

"Finally." He says.

***

"I suggest we take the right."

I'm already regretting leaving him to do everything.

I forced a smile. "Yes why not."

He smirked and nudged me. "Aww Kitten, you love being here with me."

I rolled my eyes blushing, why was I blushing?

"You wish!"

He laughs. "Aww kitten, we're going to be the best friends ever!" he said in a girly voice doing some hand gestures along with it.

I had the urge to laugh but I didn't instead I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Think whatever you want." I say not bothering.

"Okay Kitten." He says smirking.

"You know I'm not a really big fan of cats?"

He thought for a while and then smirked. "Would you like me to call you a bitch then?"

I looked at him as my mouth fell open.

He chuckles then his expression slowly replaces with a shock and surprise.

"Look! Over there!" he pointed in the distance.

I followed his finger and saw a porch light on.

Not bad Cale.

"Come on, let's go."

Is he crazy? Going into a stranger's house?

"What?" he asked as he noticed I was staring at him.

"Carter, well done at finding a place to stay. But there just one teeny tiny problem." I said using my thumb and index finger at how big of the problem was.

He crossed his arms over his chest while raising an eyebrow. "What?" he asking giving me a blunt look.

"I'm not going in."

"Why not?"

I rolled my eyes, how stupid can he be?

"Errr...Maybe because we're going to a strangers house and they may end up killing you?" I say in an obvious tone, but act sweet.

He shakes his head like I've gone insane. "They're not going to kill us."

"And how are you so sure?"

He walks closer to me. "Kitten, I'm here with you. You don't have to worry." He says staring at me, thinking he was being serious and true but he later smirks.

Idiot.

"Well I'm not going in." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

BOOM!

 I yelp and grab hold of Carter's arm.

I hear his chest vibrate, he was laughing.

Great timing, thunder storm.

I mentally roll my eyes.

"Well have fun being here by yourself, it looks like it's going to start pouring." He says looking up at the sky.

I look up at him as he looks down at me, I sigh. "Fine."

He looked amused and gestured for me to go ahead. "Ladies first."

I rolled my eyes. "Now he pretends to be nice." I mutter to myself.

"You said something?" he had a glint of amusement in his eyes.

I shook my head. "No, just ring the doorbell." I said as well made it to the steps.

"Feisty, I like it." He roared like I cat.

What the fudge?

Even Carter's weirdness makes me go red.

It took almost 5 seconds for someone to answer the doorbell.

It was an old lady, who looked like she would be in her 60's or early 70's.

She fixed her glasses. "Oh hello."

"Me and my friend are lost and we don't know our way back home." I smile when she looks at me, she returns one back. "And we were wondering if we could stay here until tomorrow morning?" Carter asks, never knew he could be nice in front of people.

She smiles brightly. "Well of course!" she says. "It looks like it's going to start pouring, let me get you kids inside." I smile, she was a lovely lady. Instead of letting me go in first, Carter pushed past me and went inside.

Douche.

"You guys make yourself comfortable, I'll get some tea running." She says bring us into the living room.

It was a modern home, lots of bookshelves filled with books, old books to be exact.

It was definitely warm inside than outside, I blame Carter for this.

Well actually he brought us here, which wasn't bad I guess.

Carter plops himself on the couch making himself comfy like this was his house, while I looked around the living room finding out if they were some serial killer.

This was just like the human centipede, when the girls go in a stranger's house.

I bite my lip, hoping this wasn't going to happen to us.

"Kitten, this is not human centipede." I jump, turning around and see him amused look on his face. I blush realising I spoke out loud, he raised an eyebrow at me. "You watched human centipede?" I go even redder. "Gosh! Kitten you ruined your innocent mind." He teased.

"Whatever." I say turning around, going red and completely embarrassing myself.

I heard soft chuckles behind me.

"Well here you are my lovelies." The old lady came handing us some tea, did she poison this?

I walked over to Carter and sat next to him, leaving a generous amount of space between us.

I see him about to drink, I quickly elbowed him in the rib. "What?" he said bothered.

I see the lady fixing something in her bookshelves, I took this opportunity to talk to Carter and tell him not to drink it. "Don't drink it, it could be poison." I whispered in his ear. 

He waved me off. "It's not poison." How is he so casual about this?

The lady turned around as she looked at me and Carter, she smiled. "I remember when me and my husband were like that back in the days. It's so cute seeing it in person." I nervously chuckle.

"Were no-..." I got cut off by Carter.

"What she means is that, we are together. She's just too shy to admit it." What is Carter doing? He sits closer to me and grabs my hand.

I blush. "Lovely couple, wait until I get my husband downstairs." I smile nervously. "Robert?!" she shouted.

I let go of his hand. "What are you doing?"

He smirks. "You love it."

"No I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No-... WAIT! I didn't mean to say, I j-just." Because of him I forgot what I meant.

He smirks, I didn't get a chance to say anything else.

An old man walks in giving me and Carter smiles.

"Yes Beatrice, what is it that you wanted to tell me?" the old man said.

She points at me and Carter, "Look at those two lovely kids, they look so happy together. Just like us remember?" Carter quickly grabs my hand as I try to snatch it away, he grabs my hand tighter. I then give up.

I smile sweetly like nothing was going on.

"Yes I do remember," he says. "Now what are your name kids?"

"Tori and this is Carter." I say smiling.

"What a lovely name you've got." The lady says.

She slaps her forehead. "Silly me, I didn't tell you my name." she says. "It's Beatrice." She smiles.

"Lovely name." I say, as I hear Carter snort.

Robert looks at Beatrice. "Don't you think they need some rest? They've probably been walking for a while."

"Ah! Yes, we have a guest room upstairs if you both follow me."

Me and Carter both get up at the same time, as I walk in front of him he follows behind me.

We go up the stairs and finally making it at the top, Beatrice stops and opens the door. "Now you have to silent, my granddaughter is sleeping next door." She warns. "This is your bed, make yourself comfy and see you tomorrow morning for some breakfast." She says then quickly shuts the door when me and Carter walk in.

I look at the bed, unfortunately it a king sized bed.

"So who's sleeping on the floor?" I say casually.

He yawns and stretches jumping on the bed. "Definitely not me."

I sigh. "Come on, I'm not that mean am I?" he asks. "Sleep next to me, I won't bite." He says smirking.

I'm tired and I don't have time to argue with him, I walk over to the other side of the bed and start taking off my jeans. I'm glad I was wearing a long dress top, I jump in the bed.

"Goodnight." I say, facing the wall.

He chuckles, I hear him taking of his shirt.

WAIT – WHAT?

I grab the covers closer to me, and under the covers I pull my top down.

I feel the dip and found pair of arms wrapped around me.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"Sleeping." He then yawns.

"But this is my side; your side is way over there." I pointed.

He nuzzles his head in my neck, I feel him smiling. "Aw Kitten, you're too cute." I blush, feeling goose bumps on my arms.

I breath heavily.

I suddenly feel him sucking on my neck, I bite my lip stopping myself from moaning. "C-Carter, you still n-need to tell me." He then stops, I was slightly disappointed but at least it got him to stop.

He pulls away and stares at the ceiling.

I breath, what the hell just happened?

"Kitten, I can't tell you."

I turn to face him. "Why not?"

He turns to face me, I notice how close we were. But I didn't care. "I don't want you to get hurt."

My lips parted. "What do you mean?"

"I told you before to stop following me around, it's not safe for you to follow me like you today and before." He said seriously.

 I couldn't help but star at his lips, focus Tori!

I look up at his eyes. "You never tell me anything, which makes me want to follow you." I blush as I sound creepy.

Both of our eyes lock. "Do me a favour and stop following me."

"No." I say, "Not until you tell me everything."

He sighs, he grabs my hand. "Kitten, please just try to understand that I'm keeping you safe." I look at mine and his hand.

He noticed and let go.

I felt hurt in some way, but I pushed it away.

I yawned feeling tired.

He chuckles. "Sleep."

I close my eyes. "Why did you avoid me?"

He didn't answer for a while, sleep nearly carried me away but not before I heard something.

"I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten." I heard him mumble.

I felt big hands around my tiny hands, our fingers were intertwined.

What are you doing to me Carter?

—-END OF CHAPTER SEVEN-TEEN—-

Hey lovelies,

Did you like the second update? :)

You found out that Tori did not get shot, but I so close of changing it to Tori getting shot but I didn't because I had other plans and this was one of the plans. I wanted to show Carter's side of the story instead of Tori, you can see him and what's he's like a bit now. Not entirely but it's something.

DEDICATION: what was your favourite part of this chapter and why? Comment down below and I will pick a winner! :)

Previous chapter winner was *drum roll enters* @MagconLuva06  she answered both of the questions and I was happy with it and that goes to everyone, because reading your comments means the world!

BONUS:

Q. 1: Do you think Carter has feelings for Tori?

Q. 2: Do you think Tommy will come back for revenge?

Comment down below :)

love you guys so much, thank you for the loving support! <3

keep commenting if you would like an update <333

Lots of love, Jessica <3

Stay beautiful x

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.5M 53.2K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
Undeniably | ✓ بواسطة $

قصص المراهقين

15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
Im in Trouble... بواسطة Marissa

قصص المراهقين

15.9K 776 41
Tinley Carter is a freshman in high school. And all she wanted to do was get good grades and hangout with her small circle of friends. Kyler Benson...
355 21 11
He's a heartbreaker... But so is she... And maybe the only one who can reform a badboy- is a badgirl... Clarke is a new student at Washington High S...