Kickin' It With You โ€ข Jack Br...

Von anawriites

Is a story about a young woman, Madelynn Mayfield, commonly known as Maddie, who is a professional black belt... Mehr

CAST | INTRODUCTION
THE NEW KID | I
DANCIN' THE NIGHT AWAY | III
LIVIN' LA VIDA LOCA | IV

THE NICKNAME WITH A SECRET | II

358 11 0
Von anawriites

🤍

THE BLONDE GIRL WAS STANDING in front of her locker, talking with some friends when the sudden yell made everybody in the hallway turn their heads towards to where the noice came from: "Jack is the man!" The gymnastic coach walked down the hallway with Jack and some other students following close behind. Suddenly the whole room was filled with the sound of Jack's name as they saw the big trophy the coach held.

"Now.", Mr. Burke said once the chanting died down, "Thanks to Jack's routine, we've won our first gymnastics trophy in fifteen years." He handed the trophy off to a student who climbed the ladder and put the trophy on the shelf where other trophies are put in the hallway for people to see.

Jack shrugged: "It wasn't really a routine. I was just trying to move fast enough so no one would notice I was wearing a unitard. When you're wearing one of those things, even when you win, you lose." He smiled awkwardly at two students in shiny blue unitards who walked past him. "Ugh!? Rude!?", Maddie said dramatically, offended by Jack's comment since she herself used to be a gymnast. It's just that their ones used to be a little less.. you know.. ugly?

"Hey, how about you show us what you did to win, Jack.", Eddie suggested and the crowd started cheering Jack and backed up a bit to give him more space. Jack then did some fancy flips which brought him the victory. "Jack, I hope this means that you're staying on the gymnastics team.", Mr. Burke said with an impressed smile glued to his face. "I told you, it was a one-time deal. I win you your trophy and you get a little visit from the wedgie wizard." He pointed at Jerry, who smirked and nodded.

Mr. Burke sighs: "I guess a deal's a deal.", with that, Jerry walked over to him. "Just go with it.", he pulled baby powder out of his pocket and poured some of it on his hands before clapping them. "Whoo!", he grins. Everybody was now laughing hysterically, when Jerry wedgied Mr. Burke. "Is that all you got, punk?", Mr. Burke questioned in a high-pitched tone. When Mr. Burke turned around you could see his underwear showing as he walked down the hallway. The bell rang a few seconds later and everyone disappeared to their classes.

🤍

FEW DAYS LATER, MADDIE HAD a free period and decided to have a little train session at the gym, since it's empty at this part of the day. Just as she was crossing the hallway she heard some noices, voices more precisely. She quickly sneaked up to where the sound was coming from, only to realise that's it's only the Bobby Wasabi students. "Jack, your record's about to be broken.", Milton smirked at Jack.

"Prepare for the new world champion!" "Of what exactly? Sliding down the hallway with a tray?", Kim commented and he just gave her a sarcastic smile. Then he put on a helmet and unzipped his grey jacket. "Dude, eat a sandwich." Jerry said upon seeing how skinny his friend is. "What's going on here nerds?", Maddie said and walked up to them. Jerry looked like he was about to say something but Maddie cut him off before he even started: "And shouldn't you be in detention for putting a tollbooth in the boys' bathroom?"

Jerry smirked at her: "I should be, but when you sit me in the back and leave a window open, I'm what they call a fight risk." Maddie looked over when she heard the door open and immediately rolled her eyes after seeing that annoying Truman kid walk in. "Oh, look at this. I've walked into the middle of a loser-palooza." Jack also rolls his eyes: "What do you want, Truman?", Truman smiles sarcastically: "I thought I'd just hang out." "Do you have to do it here?", Maddie comments.

"It's a free hallway Madelynn.", he teased the blonde knowing how much she hates being called by her original name: "Oh you call me Madelynn one more time—!", she was ready to attack him and Jack quickly grabbed her by the waist, but she simply punched his hands off. "Truman, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with destiny.", Milton said, absolutely ignoring everything that had just happened. "We'll that'll be your first date ever." Truman laughed at his own joke, pathetic. Thought Maddie.

"Very funny. You're about to see my skid marks.", Milton said — earning a weird look from everyone else. "Okay, I thought that was gonna sound different when it came out.", he was getting ready as Kim ran down the hallway to the trashcan at the end. "Okay, guys, this garbage can marks Jack's record of forty-seven floor tiles." Milton yells as he puts the tray on the floor and kneels on it. He slides down the rest of the hallway, way past the trashcan.

Everyone else ran to get him, only to see that their friend collided with one of the science projects that was in front of the science room. "He just shattered your record." Jerry said to Jack, obviously very shocked. "And that paper-mache solar system outside the science room." Maddie pointed out with a horrified expression.

"It looks like somebody greased his tray." "Looks like." Truman laughed. Milton limped back to them with pieces of the solar system tangled with him.
"Looks like Saturn is now lodged in the dark side of the moon." Milton commented. His friends grimaced upon seeing that the paper Saturn was now lodged between his legs. "Is it weird that I want to pull it out?", Jerry commented and everybody else looked at him in disgust: "Yes!?" Maddie's eyes went wide as she heard the black haired boy's idea.

🤍

MADDIE AND JACK HAD THEIR next class together. It was English and the teacher was blabbing something about the grammar. Maddie was taking short notes, but every now and then she would scribble something in her notebook. Jack was sitting behind her, desperately trying to see what's she drawing, even though it was really nothing special. When she wasn't looking he tried to take the notebook but she caught his hand right in time. "What do you think you're doing Brewer?" he smiled innocently and let the object go. "Sorry, I was just—"

"Brewer! Mayfield! No talking in class!", the teacher yelled. "I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again.", Maddie apologised. After few minutes Jack started poking her in the back, trying to get the girl's attention: "Maddie! Maddie! Hey! Maddie! Look at me! Madelynnnnnn! LYNN!", the last nickname left her in shock. Lynn. Lynn. Lynn. It just kept repeating in her head. Lynn was the name that her dad gave her when she was just a baby, he would always call her by it, well until he..

"That's it! Brewer and Mayfield, a hour of detention after school for both of you!" "Great! Look what you've got us into!", Maddie whisper—yelled at the boy. "A hour and a half!" "Look what you've got us into! It wouldn't happen if you just turned around when I called you." "Two hours!" "Dear God just stop talking!", Maddie rolled her eyes at the boy. He's so annoying, like actually. She thought.

The rest of her classes she just kept thinking of the nickname Jack had called her. Lynn. It made her miss her dad even more. She was just little girl, a seven year old more precisely, still way too young to experience something she did. It happened six years ago.

🤍

START OF THE FLASHBACK

"DADDY CAN WE TURN ON the music?", the little girl pleaded her dad. "You got it kid! Any choices?" "Gold digger!" "Lynn!" "Yes daddy?", the blonde smiled at her dad innocently as he put on the song. They were switching songs and singing their hearts out while driving to Maddie's favourite restaurant, McDonald's.

As they were leaving the car some random man kneeled down to Maddie's height. "Hey little girl, wanna come with me to get some candy? I have lots of ice cream in my truck.", he smiled but the second he saw her dad he quickly got up. "Do you want some too sir?" "No thanks, we'll pass. Let's go Lynn.", he quickly grabbed his daughter's hand and walked away from the guy.

"Who was that daddy? Why didn't we get free candy?", the little girl asked in confusion and her father smiled at her: "You know what? It doesn't matter. Let's go get some actually good ice cream.", they've walked in so Maddie could get the ice cream she wanted so badly.

While they were driving home, the little girl was looking out from her car window only to recognise the same man from earlier, driving in the car right next to theirs. "Um daddy?", she poked him on the back, "There's that creepy old guy again." "Where Lynn?", she pointed to the car next to theirs and her dad pulled over to see if they were actually following them.

And they were. He got out of the car, and strictly forbid Maddie to leave, whatever happens. "Who are you and what do you want from my daughter and I?" "Oh from you? Absolutely nothing. But your daughter could be used for something, that's for sure." Oh no. Thought Mr. Mayfield.

"You try to even lay a finger on her and you'll pay.", he threatened but the other man just laughed and few other men came out of their car. "Get him boys!", the large men caught him in a second. Poor Maddie was watching all of that happening and she couldn't do anything. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and the door wouldn't open, the poor girl was panicking and was in total mess. One of the men hit her father right in his stomach making him groan in pain and fall to the ground.

He desperately tried to fight, but it was pointless. He was one and they were four. They've all beaten him and probably would more until some random family saw them and called the police real quick. They've got Maddie out of the car, drowning in tears and shaking with fear. They called her mom and she arrived as soon as she could. The police arrested the men and ambulance finally came to get the little girl's dad.

"Momma, is daddy going to be okay?", she hugged her mom, both of their faces soaked because of the tears. "I hope so honey." They were sitting there, next to his hospital bed, for hours, hoping he'd wake up. But he didn't. The doctor said they did all they could but he got hit in his head, hard. When the Mayfields heard of him not surviving, it was the all time biggest downfall in their family. "I'll miss you daddy. Please take good care of me and momma from the Heaven.", she cried and held her dad's hand..

END OF THE FLASHBACK

🤍

YUP, THAT'S THE BIG SECRET of Madelynn Mayfield that nobody knows about, not even Kim. Well maybe she would but after the incident at the tournament, definitely not happening. She's just lied and says her parents got divorced when she was very young, and she doesn't want to see her dad ever again. That's nothing but bunch of lies. She misses her dad more than anything. And till this day she blames herself for his death, saying it's her fault because she didn't do anything. Even tho she herself knew she couldn't, she was just a little girl after all.

It explains why's she always working on something. All that she's achieved was to avenge her father and make her mother proud. Maddie's mom's been going through some hard time lately and Maddie wants to help her the most she can, so she doubled her training and really tries to get the best grades she can. But her mom's also trying her best to give her daughter the childhood she deserves, so she's juggling two jobs. Mrs. Mayfield knows how hard it is for Maddie and she's gonna do everything to make her feel truly happy again.

As Maddie was walking to her two hour detention she's stuck in because of Jack, he caught up with her.  "Lynn! Wait! Lynn!", Lynn. Oh Lynn. Only if he knew what that nickname meant to her. "Where did you get that nickname?" "Lynn? Oh I made it up. I feel like it fits you.", he gave her a toothy smile and she returned it. Maybe he's not so bad after all, Lynn thought.

"Come with me.", he grabbed her hand and pulled her in the classroom. It was still empty so they sat next to each other. They were talking and actually having fun, when their teacher came in. "Okay you delinquents. It's your lucky day because I can't stay here so you're free to go.", they high—fived each other and ran out of the classroom. "Goodbye!", yelled Maddie politely.

"Are you free now?", Jack asked — outta breath. "Actually no, sorry. I was supposed to be at training twenty minutes ago. Ty's gonna give me another lecture for being late so I really gotta go.", she waved goodbye and he did too, but with a disappointed look. She's so pretty. Thought Jack. He really wanted them to be at the same dojo, but no. She's a Black Dragon. Jack knew he had to do something about it. He just didn't know what. But he's gonna find out and do it, that's for sure.

🤍

A/N hiii my favourite people what's uppppp?????? fun fact I actually wrote like half of this chapter in school today LOL bc literally the whole first two periods were practically free for me so yeahhh !? hope yall liked the chapter so baibai till the next one <3 — lots of kisses from ur girl anaaa

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
247K 9.9K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...