Scarlett&Maura (wlw shortstor...

By Sweetberry_IXII

Like all the other wolves, Maura found her Mate on her 18th birthday. But finding her Mate came with it's own... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chalter 8
Question

Chapter 4

1.6K 24 0
By Sweetberry_IXII

8 years later

A year after we came to California I started to go to medical school. It was the only thing that would help sometimes to distract me from the constant pain in my chest.

I got to graduate earlier and now I'm working at the Blue Angels hospital in LA. It's a hospital for the people that can't afford the medical bills in a regular hospital. We don't make a fortune working there, but I rather help the community then have my pockets full with money.
I love my patients and the community, we work with homeless people, undocumented and legal immigrants, doesn't matter who it is we treat everyone the same.

Today I work a night shift so I have the day off to run errands. We still live with aunt Lucia, she insisted we stay since the house is very big and she would be alone. She has been providing us with Alelak potion since we have encountered many wolves over the years. We always keep it on us.

I haven't heard much from my old pack or her...I can't bear to ask.
I sometimes hear my mom, aunt Rosa and Lucia talk and I hear they mention the 'queen' and there is when I usually turn off my hearing.

My heart still hurts the same as the first day I came here. But I must get going. I spent a year in my bed crying. Now I have a mission: Help my patients and this community.

"Buenos Dias Mau-Mau" I see aunt Rosa come in my room. "Buenos Dias tia" she hugs me "since you work tonight, wanna drive down to the beach? We can be back by 6 and you will have more than enough time to get ready for work?" She asks giving me puppy eyes. I laugh and nod my head "Yeah I'm in, sounds like fun. When are we leaving?" she jumps and makes a victory dance and I laugh harder "pack your things, I might have or might have not already packed my things and a  lunch box" she smiles and runs out of my room. I shake my head 'always so sneaky' I start packing my stuff and put on a bikini under my shorts and t-shirt and my sandals.
My hair I put it in a high ponytail and my sunglasses. We bring everything to the car and it's just aunt Rosa and me since aunt Lucia and mom have some other commitments.

The drive to the beach took us a bit over an hour but it was so beautiful. We pick a side that is almost empty and set up our picnic. We play games, eat , drink and swim it was such a beautiful day. We were so deep in our fun time that we didn't pay attention to our surroundings.
I felt like we were being watch and apparently aunt Rosa felt it too because she looked at me and we started packing our stuff ready to leave. "mierda" aunt Rosa curses looking for something in her bag "Whats wrong tia?" I ask "The Alelak potion, I cant find it" she keeps looking frantically "It's fine tia, I have some in my bag, here" I grab some and pass it to her she grabs it and immediately sprays us both "Pack your things, we gotta go now" she says with a stern voice that made me understand it's serious.

We quickly pack everything and go back to the car and speed away looking back the whole time and taking unnecessary turns just to be safe no one was following us.

When we got home we ran inside and still scared. "What happened to you two?" Lucia asks drying off her hands with a kitchen towel "They are here" said aunt Rosa looking scared "Who" I asked her. Right then my phone rang i take it out to see its from the hospital "Excuse me please" I excuse myself and leave aunt rosa and Lucia alone.

"Dr. Watson here" I answer the phone "Hello Dr.Watson, it's Angie. I'm sorry for calling you but we are wondering if you could come in earlier since there are not enough doctors to cover the afternoon shift" Angie says in a desperate way.
I know my patients need me and I could use the distraction. "Yeah sure, I can come in around 6 pm." I tell her she lets out a big sigh. "Thank you so much Dr. Watson, see you later" I hang up and go back to my aunts that are nowhere to be found.
I guess I will have to ask her later about what happened earlier. I look at my watch and its 4:45 pm so I have time to take a nice shower and relax a bit before heading out.

At 6 I already had my uniform on and started checking the list of patients for today. Gunshots, stab wounds, overdoses, heart problems, diabetes, etcetera, the list goes on and on but sadly this is nothing new to us here at our hospital, but these people come to us because they need us and it's our job to help and give them the best treatments we can offer.

The first 4 hours consisted of me checking up on all the patients and making sure the new ones could be attended soon.
Tonight we are only 3 doctors which means we have to do a lot of work.

I still use my werewolf senses,  like my smelling and hearing to help my patients, but everything else I shut off, I haven't shifted in 5 years and honestly my wolf has been silent since then too.

I honestly want to forget that side exists, because that side is still connected to her and I can't break it off.

The hours fly by and before I know it, its already time for me to go home. I look at my watch and its 6 am. Coming home I take a nice long shower, eat breakfast with mom and go to sleep. I wakeup to my phone ringing, I see its from the hospital "Dr.Watson I'm sorry to disturb you on your day off, but the doctor that was suppose to come in cancelled and we have an emergency and the doctors we have right now, are clueless" Angie tells me. I groan and looked at the clock its 5 pm. "I will be there in 40 min" I tell her and hang up the phone. I get ready tell hey aunts and mom good night.

"Wait Maura, please be careful when you are out there. Do you have Alelak potion with you?" mom comes to me and hugs me again "yes mom, I just put on some and I have some in my bag. I love you guys" I kiss each on the head and leave to work.

At work there is a sent I am picking up but I cant figure out where exactly its coming from since it seems to be everywhere.
My wolf is going crazy. 'What the fuck is going on?' I ask myself I go talk to Angie as she is catching me up on my patients and the emergency.
I go check on the female patient who was brought this morning with a suspicious wound in the abdominal area. I look at the wound and it looks like a big paw scratch, I sniff around it and take some samples and I'm almost positive it was a werewolf who caused this injury.

The results came in and like I thought the venom from our paws is still in her body. I gotta give her one of the antidotes that fight out werewolves venom.

Since this lady is human it's gonna take a few more days for the venom to vanish completely. But it's gonna work. I start giving her the potion and some other stuff for her wounds and concussion.
I go back to Angie and ask her to please find family members we can notify since the woman didn't have any documentations or ID on her.

After a few hours Angie calls me and tells me there are some people visiting the unknown Lady.
"They are three women in there, they told me they don't know her, but I think they are hiding something" she whispers.
I nod take the medical chart off of her hands and head towards the room.
The closer I get, the stronger that sent gets.

My wolf is going crazy. I open the door and keep looking at the chart going over the tests and reports "Hello, I'm Dr. Watson and I was told you you are the ones who found the patient, I just have some questions-" I look up and stop ranting.

There she stood in front of me the queen of wolves, Scarlett Grey, my mate. We hold eye contact for like seemed hours her eyes were a darker shade then her green/blue eyes. I could feel the mixed emotions in the room.
I look around to see my two best friends looking a mix of happy and mad. All I can think of is to run out the room so I turn around and before I can reach the doorknob I was pulled back into a hard chest with a low, dangerous growl, she grabs my head and leans in closer "stop fucking running from me Maura" she growls at me.

I huff "You can't tell me what to do. I had my reasons to leave and I stand by my choice" I say with confidence.
I'm not that little 18 year old girl anymore.

"Now, what happened to this woman? I know it's not just coincidence that you found her"
I ask in the room while getting out her arms and checking the patients vitals "Her name is Fiona Mubekk, she helped us with a job and a a group of rouge attacked us and they almost killed her" she says in a sad voice "I see you already gave her the antidote for the venom, we would have given her some, but they blew up our cars.
The last thing she said before she passed out was the name of this hospital" she finishes and I nod.

I turn to Amy and Parker "Guys, I am so happy to see you again. I understand if you hate me but, I really didn't have a choice" I say with a tear rolling down my face.
They both look like they are fighting their own tears. They both look at Scarlett and she nods.

The next second they both hug me and we all cry "I'm sorry" I sobbed and  they both pull away and hold my face "Don't be sorry Mau, we understand and we missed you so much. We are so happy you are alive and healthy" Amy says and they both start crying, hugging me tighter "I miss you too guys, but too tight" I say trying to get some air.

A growl breaks us apart and Parker and Amy nod with their heads "sorry your Scarlett" she nods at them "Generals, please step outside, I need a moment with my mate" Amy and Parker nod and leave the room immediately.

She looks at me "Is there a place we could be alone?" She asks me. I don't now if I want to be alone with her, so I shook my head no "we will talk here then" she states firmly.
I sigh, "fine, follow me" I say and walk to my office with her walking behind me.
I'm so fucking nervous.

*********
Thanks for reading!
-S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 8.9K 67
A 20 year old girl named Dream find herself falling for her best friends mom who is (intersex) Natalia ( Dream's friend mom) is a famous fashion desi...
55.1K 1.1K 24
A lesbian Romance : : : : I grumbled awake, feeling my body in a weird posture, and my eyes opened to find a flock of black strands for a wall. It di...
1.4M 49.9K 27
Warning-contains explicit and graphic scenes. MATURE CONTENT Jazmyn Harris couldn't get her out of her head! It was wrong. She treated everyone so c...
787K 25.4K 34
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐦𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.❞ they were feared. she was bullied...