Little Soldier Boy

By skittle724

Banishment is to merciful. Instead a prince is stripped down to a soldier, an easy disposable to be set in t... More

Intro
Recruit
First morning
Soldier
Runt
Sacrifice
Volunteer
Pond
Quiet
Deal
Brother
Ice
Rise
Blizzard
Spirits
Red
Saige of the north
Empty
Tough love
Glory
Traitor
Waters
Sides
Lose
Peace
Week
Stranger
Pathetic
The chase
Opening up
Captured conscious
Bitter work
Despise
Convincing
Below
Vacation
Buried treasures
The library
Darkest day
Lost
Stars
The desert
At Dawn
Missed
Partings
Proof
In the city
Hard work
Free time
Just a walk
Overtime
Trying to heal
Meals
Private
Lake laugai
Changed
Cant catch a break
Stayed
Better
Take off
Reckoned
Revealed
Cross roads
Inevitable
Rock bottom
Exhaustion
Deprived
Stubborn
Sides
Weak point
Grudges
Awake
Helpless
Normal
Enrolled
Dance party
The river
The painted lady
Accomplice
Toasted
Swordsmaster
Hunter
More than a Lifetime
Cheats
The runaway
Deep dive
Scams
Late night creeps
Treasured secret
Puppet master
Curses and gifts
Like kids
Hot day
Nightmares
Day dreams
Strategy
Day of black sun : part 1
Day of black sun : part 2
Day of black sun : part 3
Escaped guilt
Confessed
Faults
Next step
Another night
Justified
Trusts

Lost again

551 32 2
By skittle724

"Do you want to go into town with us for dinner? We're gonna get Aang in a minute," Katara asked Zuko when they docked the ship on a little island off the coast of the fire nation.

"I'm okay, thanks," Zuko shook his head not even looking at the land.

"Do you want us to bring you anything back?" She raised a brow.

"We still have some rations below deck," he explained calmly sitting on the crates.

"Ok, just make sure You eat something then," Katara felt a little disappointed he wasn't going to go with but let the other teen be. He still liked having space from people, she understood wanting him to be comfortable.

Zuko fiddled around with his knife from his uncle as he traced the edges making sure it was still sharpe, he saw Sokka and Toph leave the ship without Katara and aang. He wondered if Aang was healing okay and they both stayed back.

"You seem to avoid people while you can still," Hakoda joined Zuko seeing him sitting alone.

"Guess I'm anti social," Zuko kept his head down. Not catching the sarcasm Hakoda humored to him.

"It's been a few weeks kid, I thought you'd loosen up after some time," he smiled kindly but Zuko didn't respond.

"Ah I guess You tend to stick around the kids on the ship, I'm just some old man that's nosy," Hakoda teased, nothing.

"Are all fire nation soldiers so quiet back in your camps?" He chuckled nervously, thinking he was making a fool of himself.

"Oh I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to be disrespectful," zukos head snapped up quickly.

"My apologies Chief Hakoda," he put the knife down.

"Dad stop harassing him," Katara walked out to the deck seeing the two together.

"Your friend sure stays on his toes," Hakoda laughed slapping his hand on zukos shoulder and gave a soft squeeze.

"I'm sorry," Zuko gulped.

" Kid there's nothing to apologize for, don't be so jumpy, and don't call me sir, makes me feel older, I'm just here to chat," the man smiled down at him and there was something so genuine and kind about him. Zuko almost believed him.

"Understood," he nodded softly and Katara shooed her father away.

"Are You still afraid of my dad?" Katara teased a little.

"Are You not going into town?" Zuko changed the subject. She flicked him for it but moved on.

"Aangs upset, I wanna be here in case," Katara sat on the crate with him with a heavy sigh, leaning against his back.

"Why is he upset?" He frowned.

"Frustration and guilt for ba sing se, he feels like he failed, like he has to make it up to the world for losing," she closed her eyes and felt the ocean breeze against her face.

"Do you think he remembers?" Zuko asked quietly. Katara opened her eyes again.

"He hasn't brought it up," she knew what he meant.

"I'm going to go back in ten minutes, bring him some dinner," Katara told him rubbing her face.

"Digging into my rations instead of towns food?" Zuko teased and she laughed a little.

"If your willing to share the fire nations mighty meals," she cackled standing up. 

"We'll spare some," Zuko nodded leading Katara to make up some dinner for their friend.

They made up some Easy porridge for Aang in case he didn't have an appetite, something that wouldn't upset his stomach either, just to get some nutrients in his stomach. Katara carried the tray with the bowl and utensils as Zuko opened the door for her to aangs room.

"Aang? We brought You dinner, are You feeling better?" Katara stepped inside but her heart sank with fear seeing it was empty.

"He's not here," Kataras voice trembled and dropped the tray.

Zukos eyes widen looking inside the room. His staff was gone as well.

"Go get your dad I'll check the other rooms," Zuko told her, Katara bolted out of the room and ran to the deck as Zuko went to hunt down the avatar if he was still in the ship.

Katara ran outside seeing her father and bato talking while the sky turned grey. She felt sick, she barely could keep herself up from how bad her knees were shaking.

Bato saw her first and Hakoda noticed him looking past his shoulder, turning to see his daughter petrified.

"I'll leave You two alone," bato nodded slowly as he gave them space.

"He left," Katara blurted.

"What?" Hakoda breathed.

"Aang! He left!" Tears weld up in her eyes.

"He took his glider and left, he's on this ridiculous notion that he has to save the world alone!" She started to raise her voice in a panic, unable to look at her father.

"Maybe that's his way of being brave," Hakoda tried to calm her down.

"It's not brave it's selfish stupid," she spat making him take a step back surprised.

"We could be helping him and I know the world needs him but doesn't he know how much we need him too?" The tears threaten to spill but she tried to hold back.

"How could he leave us behind?" Her voice cracked.

"Are you talking about Aang still?" Hakoda swallowed realizing.

"How could You leave us dad?" Katara whispered as tears finally fell.

"I mean I know we have Gran gran and she loves us but-but we were just so lost without you, I needed help, why won't anyone stay?" She tried to wipe her own tears quickly but she couldn't stop crying. So she covered her face to hide her pain while she cried.

"I'm so sorry Katara," her father turned her to him and embrace his youngest tightly.

"I understand why You left I really do, and I know you'll go again, so why do I feel this way?" Katara hiccuped a sob.

"I'm so sad and angry," she clung onto him tightly. "And hurt,"

" I love you more than anything, you and your brother are my entire world, I thought about you every day that I was gone, and every night when I went to sleep, I would miss you so much my heart would ache," Hakoda held the back of her head.

"I'm so sorry you've been alone, but know how much I love you even when you can't see me," he whispered softly.

Katara stood in his arms, feeling safe and protected with her father, she wished she could be with him so much longer, she knows they'll split again one day.

"I need to find him," Katara sniffled rubbing her face.

"And You will, with help," Hakoda nodded and saw Zuko filling Sokka and Toph in on the situation.

"Go, I'll still be here," he smiled gently.

"You mean being apart again," she inhaled a shaky breath.

"We're splitting up?" Sokka asked over hearing.

"You kids take appa, find Aang, we'll join again for the invasion, you know where we need to be and when, we'll meet again," Hakoda put a hand on each of his children's shoulders.

"I love you, be safe," he grinned confidently.

"We love you too dad, see you soon," Katara smiled back but there was sadness still.

"Bye dad," Sokka pursed his lips nodding.

"Zuko, Toph, let's go, grab momo," he waved at his friend to get their attention.

"What happened?" Jet looked at them confused as they boarded appa.

"We're going to be away for a while, see you at the invasion," Katara told him simply as she regained control on her emotions.

"I..." Jet faltered.

"You don't want to come with do you?" Katara raised a brow as Zuko went to grab momo.

"I came to help you guys with the war, I know we're not friends but..." Jet looked down awkwardly.

"We'll I can be... helpful still," he sighed swallowing his pride.

"I know you can, but for everyone's sanity I think you should stay and help my tribe, help them prepare for the invasion," Katara told him pursing her lips.

"You understand right?" She motioned back to Zuko knowing they'd fight constantly.

"I understand... I'll see you at the invasion," Jet looked to the side.

"See you then," she smiled and turned back to Zuko giving a thumbs up.

"get on the bison, we got an avatar to find," Zuko called her over as momo sat on his shoulder and Toph hung onto his arm.

"I'm coming," Katara smiled at him and joined them on appa as she took the reins.

"Appa yipp yipp,"

-

The four teens spent the night searching for Aang passing over the waves of the ocean, flying quickly over the blockade before they were spotted in the night sky. Katara felt sick seeing the sun rising after no luck. She lost him again.

Zuko put a hand on her shoulder sitting in the front with her, she nodded and kept going seeing volcanos coming up.

"There he is!" Sokka yelled pointing at a body laying on the shore of a volcano. Katara immediately landed appa and jumped off running towards the avatar.

Aang heard appas groans and opened his eyes seeing his friends running towards him.

"Your okay," Katara ran and held Aang tightly in her arms. He let out a relieve sigh and hugged her back while everyone caught up. They came...

"I have so much to do," Aang gulped looking at them all.

"I know but you'll have our help," Katara held his hands and pulled him to his feet.

"What about the invasion," he asked confused.

"We'll join my dad and the others on the day of the invasion, we'll regroup then," Sokka explained simply and they all agreed.

"We're close to the fire nation, where are we going to be hiding till then?" Toph felt how much warmer the earth was and volcanos meant fire nation territory.

"For the invasion... we're gonna have to go into the fire nation," Katara looked at her brother knowing he has a schedule.

"Like in the city?" Zuko raised a brow.

yes," she nodded slowly.

"Can You handle that?" She sighed as Toph and Aang grinned a little.

"Let's hope I don't get arrested," he shrugged.

"We should get going then, get away from the blockade," Sokka motioned back to appa.

"I'll be there in a moment," Aang nodded and saw his glider hovering in the water while the tide pushed it around. He grabbed his staff and held it tightly. He had to let go..

He place it in the volcanos cracks in the land and let it set aflame. He didn't need any proof for anyone to find out he was alive. He had to accept that the world thought he was dead once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.6K 57
Ivana was the granddaughter of a highly respected fire nation general. She grew up playing and sparring in the palace with Prince Zuko. They'd been f...
75.2K 1.4K 31
Suhara is a runaway prince of the Fire Nation, presumed dead by his family. He was taught fire bending at first by his father, but because of being...
76.9K 2.4K 16
DISCONTINUED **β€’Μ©Μ©Ν™βœ©β€’Μ©Μ©Ν™*˚πŸ”₯˚*β€’Μ©Μ©Ν™βœ©β€’Μ©Μ©Ν™*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
13.2K 512 20
ᡃ αΆ»α΅˜α΅α΅’ Λ£ Κ³α΅‰α΅ƒα΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩π₯𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "π™ΊπšŽπšŽπš™ πš’πš 𝚊 πšœπšŽπšŒπš›πšŽπš..πš™πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπšŽ?" 𝙸 πš•πš˜πš˜πš”πšŽπš 𝚊𝚝 π™Έπš›πš˜πš‘ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš. βžͺ A story about a y...