Escaping from terror - Leon K...

Por LisaScottKennedy

[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 3] After joining the American government, Lucia trains to become a, she hope... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - END
The new book is out!

Chapter 9

216 17 2
Por LisaScottKennedy

Hm... the sun's hitting my face...

I quickly realized it was impossible to have the "sun" in my usual room.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I immediately recognized Leon's bedroom just by the color of his sheets.

I then realized that I was in his bed.

Overwhelmed by a slight panic, I noticed that I was still dressed and quickly lifted the blanket, having a moment of doubt as I saw that I was wearing a T-shirt that wasn't mine.

Isn't this Leon's?

My clothes from the night before were scattered on the floor next to the bed.

When I looked to my right, I saw Leon, shirtless, sleeping peacefully with ruffled hair, which made me smile for a second, then grimace.

As I tried to remember the events of last night, I scanned the room for clues.

We kissed, but what exactly happened afterward?

I fell back onto the bed, filled with panic and euphoria at the same time.

Was it possible that we had done it? If so, then why did I only remember it vaguely? 

Had I been drinking?

My stomach growled loudly, drawing my attention to the breakfast I would have liked to have if Leon were awake.

I sighed, turning towards him silently hoping that my smoldering gaze would wake him up.

"Go back to sleep, Lucia, it's too early..." Grumbled Leon as I warmly smiled at his remark, somehow happy to be the only one to enjoy this beautiful yet chaotic sight.

His tangled blonde hair glistened at the slightest ray of light, his broad and rough back covered in scars, and his unusual sleeping position with his hand positioned under his pillow.

I approached him discreetly, my lips barely touching his ear.

"You're going to cut off your circulation if you sleep like that," I whispered as he calmly removed his hand, letting out a sigh shortly after.

Maybe I should let him sleep, he seems to need it more than me.

"You're never going to leave me alone, are you?" he finally grumbled as he turned over, enveloping me in his arms as he rested his head above mine, sighing with satisfaction shortly after.

I pouted in response, then simply snuggled against his chest, enjoying his warmth and contact.

I eventually let go, lulled by the soothing warmth of his arms and his breath against my skin.

This physical closeness made me happy, even though a small voice told me it shouldn't be the case, as we both had other priorities for the day.

I'll leave him alone, he should rest...

I gently freed myself from his arms and got up, silencing this thought as I resigned myself to go in search of food.

"I'm going to have breakfast..." I announced softly, as I heard him sigh again.

Leon sat up and watched me for a moment, rubbing his eyes as he yawned repeatedly.

"Do you want me to make you something?" he asked patiently as I calmly shook my head in refusal.

"No, don't worry about me..." I replied as I heard him fall back onto the bed.

I quietly left Leon's room and headed to the kitchen, torturing my mind on the way. Last night had been both wonderful and complicated, and I didn't know how to handle this avalanche of feelings as we had both crossed a point of no return.

I had wanted it to happen like this for a while now, but...

Am I allowed to be just perfectly satisfied with it when I still have all these questions?

As I entered the kitchen, I noticed that everything was clean and tidy, as if Leon didn't use it often. I sat down on a chair, taking a deep breath as I tried to think of what I could eat.

What does he have...?

To my surprise, I noticed an unopened box of cereal on the counter, knowing too well that Leon didn't like sweet things.

Coincidence?

As I poured the cereal into a bowl and filled the rest with milk, I silently began to eat, with a billion thoughts flooding my mind, most of were memories from the night before and worries.

Leon has to leave this afternoon, right...?

But I couldn't find anything that satisfied my reasoning, and I simply focused on the fact that I needed to let him sleep, as I knew he was exhausted.

And then, I mostly needed some time to think after all of this, slightly anxious at the thought that he might ask me questions like "how it was," wondering what I could answer.

While I tried to think about it with a clear head, my cheeks had already turned red as even the slightest details began to flood my mind in waves.

The way it happened so naturally...does that mean...

Has he already done these things with someone else?

My heart ached for a moment as I felt my worries resurface.

I slapped both of my cheeks with my hands, trying to refocus on the essentials.

If there's one thing I want to avoid doing right now, it's thinking negatively!

As I glanced towards the bedroom, where Leon had still not moved from his bed, I sighed.

I should go wash up.

After cleaning the dishes I had used, I quietly opened my suitcase, which was no further than the entrance of his apartment since I wasn't supposed to stay the night, and grabbed some clothes and my toiletries.

As I grabbed my towel, I realized it was still damp from the day before, which made me grimace.

I can't dry myself with something wet...I'll ask Leon for one.

As I calmly placed my things in the bathroom sink, I smiled slightly when I saw the range of products neatly placed on the edge.

Near the mirror was a bottle of shaving foam with a razor next to it, a tube of toothpaste, moisturizer, cologne, cotton swabs, and... hair lotion.

I knew it!!

I knew there was an explanation for this soft hair of his.

I took a moment to look at myself in the mirror, strangely not having thought to do so before as my mind was somewhat clouded after the events of the night before.

My face was tired, but also strangely softened, while my hair was much more tousled than I thought, the ends visibly damaged from coloring.

If there was one thing I hated, it was that.

Damaged ends.

As I searched for my phone to make a hair appointment, I realized I had left it on the nightstand in the bedroom.

I sighed, refocusing on my basic goal of taking a shower.

As I quietly entered Leon's room, I had a moment of doubt, wondering if I really had to wake him up to know where I could get some towels.

If I were him, I wouldn't want someone rummaging around my place, so I'm just going to ask...

As I calmly approached Leon at the edge of the bed, I quickly covered my face at the sight of his sleeping face, cursing myself for having to wake up such a beautiful face. "

L-Leon...?" I whispered, hoping he wasn't in a deep sleep.

He frowned slightly for a moment, then opened his eyes.

"What?" I heard him yawn.

I bit my lip.

"Sorry to wake you up...I wanted to know if you had clean towels, and..." But before I could finish my sentence, Leon got up in two seconds flat and headed towards the dresser.

He took out two towels and calmly approached me to give them to me as I involuntarily stepped back, surprised by his speed.

"Don't tell me..." he began to murmur, before looking at me. There was a hint of amusement in his eyes as he re-approached and placed two towels in the two hands I had raised due to surprise, touching my wrists in passing.

It was at that moment that I felt a shock wave as I had a small flashback.

I froze, while my cheeks were on fire as I quickly stepped back afterwards.

"Um...sorry..." I mumbled as I smiled nervously, taking the opportunity to quickly escape while my heart was pounding.

"Lucia, your arm--" I heard him say just before locking myself in the bathroom, panting slightly as I leaned against the door.

If we had stayed like that, it's for sure that...!

I glanced at my arm and remembered that I needed to clean the wound. As I inspected the bathroom, I didn't find any disinfectant, so I resigned myself to just washing it.

As I began to take off Leon's t-shirt, I heard him knock on the door.

"May I come in?"

I quickly put the t-shirt back on, a little panicked.

"Y-yes, you can!" I replied as I unlocked the door for Leon, who quickly leaned against the door, taking me in from head to toe as I pulled my t-shirt down, trying to cover my thighs a bit as I saw a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Are you okay?" he asked, making my face freeze in amazement, wondering what he wanted from me as he stayed put, a hint of concern in his eyes.

"Y-yes, why?" I nervously replied.

He suddenly took on a half-serious look, which made me pout while nervously combing my hair with my fingers.

"If you want to talk..." he began, as I shook my head in disagreement, slightly panicked.

No, I'm not ready for that conversation!!

"E-everything's fine, really! I just need to wash up, and..." I quickly replied, understanding my answer didn't seem to satisfy him completely.

He decided to leave anyway.

I quickly closed the door behind him, my heart beating slightly faster at the thought that he might suspect something, while I was clearly in agony.

As I took off my clothes, I took the opportunity to turn on the shower faucet and slipped under the hot water after getting what I needed from my toiletry bag.

It was true that our "proximity," if you could call it that, wasn't really how I imagined finishing our evening, but... 

Why did I have this bad feeling, which I felt deep in my gut, when we had been so close the night before...?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.8K 287 19
It was 2004, and life was simple. Until a cult kidnapped and infected you with a parasite that could end humanity, yet a spark of hope came to your r...
46.2K 1.4K 17
Re4 remake! Ella was one of the missing hikers who was kidnapped by the villagers. She narrowly escaped being sacrificed, but her friends weren't so...
50K 1.3K 16
Two partners, Luis and Y/N. On a mission to retrieve a sample of the plaga but is quickly caught. The both have been separated and on the way, she me...
6.1K 280 4
Two attempts. Survived both of them. For how long? || Leon Scott...