๐““๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ฎ โฃ๏ธŽ ๐“”๐“ถ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๏ฟฝ...

By midnight0088

โ๐“๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ.โž โฃ๏ธŽโฃ๏ธŽโฃ๏ธŽ Ember Addams is the cousin... More

๐“ข๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“’๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ
๐“Ÿ๐“ต๐“ช๐”‚๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
๐“๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ผ
๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 1
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 2
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 3
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 4
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 5
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 6
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 7
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 8
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 9
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 10
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 11
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 12
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 13
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 14
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 15
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 17
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 18
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 19
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 20
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 21
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 22
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 23
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 24
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 25
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 26
๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 27

๐“ข๐“”๐“ก๐“˜๐“”๐“ข ๐“ž๐“๐“” โฃ๏ธŽ 16

68 3 0
By midnight0088

It had been a week since the Rave'N. Eugene was in hospital, having not died but just been severely injured, and Ember was stoutly refusing to go and see him. She knew he wouldn't want her there. Plus, everyone was saying he was 'on the mend' (Ember suspected this wasn't true, and it was just what everyone was being told).

Either way, today was Parents Weekend. Basically, it was halfway through the semester, so parents got to come down for a weekend to see what their kids had been doing.

Ember, meanwhile, had been investigating something that wasn't the monster for the past week. It was her uncle.

She had been looking further into his police file, and had found something out.

How well do we really know our parents? Our aunts and uncles? Our family?

Take my uncle. I've always considered him an open book. A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection.

She had found a report; mugshots... details... a big red stamp at the side saying HOMICIDE.

But when he was a student, he was accused of a murder.

Ember's eyes glanced up as she read the report. She was looking up at the 'battlements' around the quad, ones that now had big walls up to stop people from falling. But maybe not back then...

A murder that took place right up there.

Which leads me to wonder...

She looked more at the report, scanning it. Rave'N 1990... big storm... Garrett Gates... dead... Gomez Addams... accused...

What really happened that stormy night thirty two years ago?

Because whatever it was, Ember didn't know.

All she knew was, when she watched her aunt and uncle's car pull into the Nevermore drive, she frowned, looking from them to the police report.

For this weekend, monsters, murders and mysteries weren't a thing.

She was focusing on a whole new case.

Did her uncle really murder someone that night?

And what did her mother have to do with it?

❣︎❣︎❣︎

Ember watched her uncle, aunt and cousin get out the car, her other cousin by her side. Wednesday had her telescope, and was now looking at them arrive. However, Wednesday didn't have anything on her mind right now. Ember did.

However, she had to push all that to the side as she and Wednesday headed down to the quad, where they were met with Enid, who was standing at the edge of the pentagon, where all the parents and students were meeting.

Ember rolled her eyes as she heard Enid squeal beside her, then looked, seeing that Ajax was waving at her. Since the Rave'N, Enid and Ajax had started dating (Ajax had apologised for ditching Enid that night), and Ember was disgusted, especially since Enid kept sneaking him into their dorm and breaking Ms Thornhill's rules.

Anyway, as the group of three stood in a line (Ember had Wednesday on one side, Enid on the other) they turned their attention to Weems, who was now addressing all the parents. Ember saw Pugsley, Gomez and Morticia across the quad. She and Wednesday would meet with them later.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children, to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are," Weems started, speaking into a microphone. There was lots of applause. "I realise most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery."

She gave a smile and there was more applause. Ember, meanwhile, was not smiling. She hadn't visited Eugene but she knew full he wasn't 'on the mend' as everyone seemed to be pretending.

"So let's focus on the positive, and make this Parents' Weekend the very best yet!" Weems continued, giving a tight-lipped smile. More applause.

"If I had a nickel for every time someone said Eugene was 'on the mend', I'd be rich enough to buy this place," Ember quipped to Enid and Wednesday. "So it would be burnt down by now," she added, as an afterthought.

"So... have you been to see him?" Enid asked, changing the subject. Ember turned to her. "You're his friend," she said, as she received a cold look.

"No, I'm the reason he's where he is right now," Ember said.

"That is not your fault, okay?" Enid touched her arm, and she pulled it away. Nevertheless, the girl kept talking. "The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week, maybe you finally scared it off."

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend," Ember said. Wednesday knew without saying that this meant she still suspected Xavier.

And, thinking of Xavier, he was coming over right now. Ever since the Rave'N, Ember had been distant with him, and that wasn't changing today.

"Ahh, look at this, some things never change!"

Just as Xavier opened his mouth to speak to Ember, Morticia and Gomez provided a good diversion by coming forwards to speak to Ember and Wednesday.

"I knew I should've worn my plague mask," Wednesday said in a low voice as Xavier sighed, looking to the three Addams that were fast approaching, and deciding to duck out.

"Well, would ya look at my parents?" Enid sighed. Ember turned her head. Enid's mother and father were watching the rest of the Fangs, howling about the quad, in joy. Enid had told Ember all about how her parents were angry that she hadn't 'wolfed-out' yet (not that Ember had listened, of course).

"Talk about toxic pack mentality," Enid pursed her lips, swaying slightly on the spot. "I give my mum thirty seconds before her judgey claws come out," she heaved a heavy sigh. "Urgh, let's get this over with."

She went one way, and Ember and Wednesday went the other. They walked across the quad, all three dreading the whole weekend to come.

"There they are!" Gomez grinned, talking to Morticia as the two girls in red and black uniform walked towards them. Gomez hugged Wednesday and Ember in turn, both of them going like rigid boards. "Oh, how we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer!"

He cleared to the side and revealed Morticia and Pugsley. "How are you, my little devils?" Morticia asked.

"I would have thought you would know that, since you had a, helping hand, shall I say, on mine and Wednesday's every move?" Ember said.

Morticia and Gomez looked from each other to the girls, shocked.

"Oh yes, we uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately," Wednesday said.

More silence. Even Morticia's pale cheeks had some red in them. Then Gomez said. "So... how's the little fella doing?" He held up a hand. "Does he still have all his fingers?"

"If I had snapped one I would've sent it to you in a box," Ember told them flatly.

Morticia and Gomez gave a sigh of relief.

"So... tell us everything," Morticia smiled.

Ember didn't even blink. "Since you've abandoned us here, I've been hunted, haunted... and a target of an attempted murder."

Gomez grinned, looking at his wife. "Ah, Nevermore, I love you so!"

Well at least nothings changed, Ember thought, as she followed her parents and cousins up to Weems' office.

I'm still nauseated.

❣︎❣︎❣︎

"Ahh! Our old yearbook!" Morticia swooned, as she picked up the blue book in her hand. "I haven't laid eyes on this in over twenty years!"

They were in Weems' office. The principal was sat behind her desk and Morticia was standing in front of it. Gomez was sitting down and Ember and Wednesday ware standing behind him. Pugsley was not present.

"Oh, I haven't set eyes on this in over twenty years!" Morticia was still going through the yearbook, looking up at Weems as she reminisced. "Such good times we had, didn't we, Larissa?"

Weems paused. "Some of us better than others," she eventually said.

"Oh, don't be so modest," Morticia swiped her hand. "You always filled a room with your presence," she looked back to the yearbook again. "Like a stately sequoia tree."

Gomez pouted.

"And I guess that would make you the lumberjack," Weems smiled.

Morticia chuckled. "There's that biting sense of humour that I always adored!" Weems smiled, looking down, and then Morticia gasoed. "Do you remember when you, me and Ophie did that duet for the Solstice Talent Show? Your Judy Garland impression was a dead ringer!"

"Sounds positively suicidal," Wednesday muttered under her breath.

"Ophie, as in, your mother, Ember, Weems smiled. "Ophelia."

"Yes, I'm sure the show was amazing," Ember told the principal. "The kind of amazing that makes me want to hang myself off a stick."

Weems sighed, looking down.

"Oh," Ember's eyes were now on Morticia (she was still thinking of Gomez and his police file) as she went further through the book. "My picture's gone!"

"Really? Well that is- odd," Weems was lying. Ember could tell.

Morticia, however, just shut the yearbook and put it under her arm. "May I keep this for the weekend?" She turned to her husband. "That way Gomez and I can take a little walk down memory lane," she giggled at him, and he smiled back, purring playfully.

It was this sort of behaviour that made Ember never want to fall in love. Ever.

"Alright," Weems smiled, gesturing for Morticia to sit down. "Well, let's get down to the matter at hand, shall we? Hmm?"

Morticia sat down and Weems continued. "Unfortunately, Ember and Wednesday's assimilation has been rocky at best."

"Because we refuse to embrace the culture of dishonesty and denial permeating this school?" Wednesday demanded.

"Starting with the monster that killed Rowan and put Eugene in the ICU," Ember rolled her eyes, still not blinking. "Although I do hear he's 'on the mend'. The new lie you've now decided to bless us with," she said in a low voice.

"We've always encouraged Wednesday, and Ember, to speak their minds," Gomez informed a very surprised (and annoyed, but she was doing a good job at hiding that) Weems. "But sometimes, their sharp tongues can cut deep."

"Oh, don't worry, uncle, I've gotten many sharpening opportunities since arriving here," Ember spoke snidely.

"Well, apparently, Ember's therapist feels she needs to trust the process a bit more. Their time together has not yielded the results we'd hoped."

"I'm not a lab rat," Ember said, annoyed she was being used.

Weems ignored Ember, and addressed Gomez and Morticia. "Dr Kinbott and I have spoken, and we both agree it would be most beneficial for you all to attend family session this weekend."

"Oh, so the usual torture of sitting in a room with a woman that can't mind her own business but this time, there's to four more people involved? I can hardly wait," Ember said sarcastically. "No."

"I thought that might be your reaction, but your parents can see the wisdom in it," Weems smiled.

"Ummm, not to side with Ember, but, um, we're only here for the weekend, and we'd like to spend all that time with the girls," Morticia spoke up.

"Oh, come on?" Gomez, meanwhile, was on Weems' side. "What can it hurt? I mean, to be honest, I've always been a big fan of head-shrinking."

Ember rolled her eyes.

"It's not that kind of head-shrinking, mon cheri," Morticia informed him.

"Oh, well..." Gomez looked back to Weems. "That is disappointing. But anything for our two girls."

"Ah," Weems smiled and sighed.

Ember just looked from Gomez to Morticia to Weems.

Oh no.

❣︎❣︎❣︎

Lurch drove the Addams into Jericho, then dropped them off at Kinbott's. Ember rolled her eyes as they entered the office, Gomez and Morticia sitting on either side of Ember and Wednesday. Pugsley sat at the side, eating potpourri from a bowl. He thinks they're crisps, Ember wanted to be sick as she thought about it.

Anyway, for the first twenty seconds, everyone was in absolute silence, with only the ticking clock going in the background. Then Kinbott spoke with a wide smile. "So, who wants to start?"

The Addams were silent, none of them even looking at eachother.

"Maybe we can discuss what it's like having Ember away from home?" Kinbott suggested.

Then the least likely to speak up, spoke up. Pugsley.

"Well, uh, for me... it's been really hard not having Ember and Wednesday around," he said sadly, staring off into the distance. His voice was choked and teary. "I- I never thought I'd miss being waterboarded so much."

Kinbott looked awkwardly down at him on the floor, then up to the two adults in the room. "Uh, Gomez? Morticia? How have you been coping?"

"Oh, it's been torture for us too," Morticia said. But her tone insinuated 'torture' as a good thing.

"But fortunately my brother Fester's rack fits two people," Gomez grinned.

"Nothing like a good stretch to bring out the best in each other," Morticia leant over held Gomez's hand.

"Querida mia," he whispered, kissing her hand over and over again.

"Um-" Kinbott scrunched her nose as a long smooch sounded-

"Enough!" Wednesday snapped, making Gomez stop and Morticia take back her hand.

Ember, also, had had enough, so she had finally decided. Getting her father's police file out her bag, she stood up. "Actually, I think it's high time my aunt and uncle face the music," she got up and stood in between them and Kinbott, eyes still on Gomez and Morticia.

"It seems they've been lying to me. And Wednesday, I might add," she said. "Keeping secrets, too. Murderous secrets that should, and need to be, addressed."

And with that, she held up the police file, but not with her father's face up, oh no. This time, it was the file of the guy he had murdered.

"Who was Garrett Gates and why are you accused of murdering him?" Ember asked point blank.

"Whoa..." Pugsley's eyes and mouth went wide.

"Those charges were dropped," Morticia snapped immediately. "Your uncle is an innocent man."

"Local sheriff doesn't seem so convinced," Ember made it clear she wasn't, either.

"Ember... stop," Morticia and Gomez stood up, the former staring at her niece and speaking in a cold voice. "This is neither the time nor the place."

"Actually, this is exactly the place," Kinbott was now standing up too, getting involved. The only two that remained sitting now were Wednesday and Pugsley, the latter of which did so almost immediately after Kinbott and went to join Ember. "These sessions are-"

"Doctor, this does not concern you," Morticia was annoyed. And her tone made it plain. Kinbott paled under her gaze, and stepped back.

Morticia turned to Ember. "And I refuse to debate a decade's old witch hunt with you right now."

"I-I-" Kinbott struggled to put what she was seeing into words.

" 'Tish, I think maybe we should-" Gomez too.

"No!" Morticia, who was halfway towards the door, swept round. "This session is over."

"Have it your way, aunt," Ember said, still confident in her accusations. She walked towards the door to.

"Em-Ember-?" Kinbott asked awkwardly.

"If you refuse to tell me the truth, I'll just have to excavate it myself," Ember retorted, in her aunt's face as she walked out. Wednesday followed her, and Morticia, who was absolutely furious, went with them. Ember presumed the boys followed, but she didn't hear them.

"What were you thinking?" Morticia stormed towards Ember as she felt the cold, bitter outside air on her face. "How could you ambush your uncle like that? Ember!" She shouted, once they had crossed the road, making the girl turn round.

"How could I?" Ember asked, her plaits flying as Wednesday also put her opinion in.

"You insisted we went to this school," she said. "Did you really think we wouldn't find out your secret?"

"You don't know the full story," Morticia told her two girls. "You are seeing in black and white but forgetting the colour-"

"I wish the world was black and white," Ember put in.

"No!" Morticia lashed out, face angry. "You don't know what you're talking about! Your father - your uncle, Ember - did nothing wrong-"

"I'll be the judge of that," Ember said, turning round and walking off, not even addressing Wednesday, who probably went back to the car with Morticia, Gomez and Pugsley.

But for Ember, well...

She had decided it was finally time to visit Eugene.

❣︎❣︎❣︎

Walking into the ICU, Ember was only sure of one thing, Eugene, who was lying on the bed, bandaged, a bit bloody, a breathing mask on, and unconscious, was definitely not 'on the mend'.

She put a new jar of honey on his table and said. "I harvested hive number three."

What she said fell upon deaf ears. The only sounds in the room were Eugene's battered breaths, and Ember's voice.

"The bees miss you, Eugene," she decided to be honest. No one could hear her, after all.

But then another person came into the fold. Thing, whom Ember had sent to keep an eye on the boy from the moment he had been put in the hospital. Because, even though Ember would rather wear all of Enid's clothes for ten years than admit it, she hadn't been able to face seeing Eugene at first.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on him," Ember told the hand, who gave a bow of the fingers in return. "Any updates?"

Thing gave a shrug.

"He didn't deserve this," Ember sighed, looking down at the frail, vulnerable boy. "I should be in that bed. Why did you go without me?" She asked the bee lover in a low voice. Of course, he did not answer.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder, and jumped as she turned. For some reason, she expected Xavier to be behind her, but no. It was two women, one with short black curly hair, and one with shorter black straight. Both had kind faces, and both were dressed familiarly.

"Didn't mean to startle you, dear," the woman with short straight hair said. Ember didn't even complain about the 'dear'.

"You must be Ember," the one with curly hair smiled, eyeing Ember's uniform. Then she introduced them. "Eugene's mums. Sue-" she gestured to herself "-and Janet."

"You were all he could talk about lately," Janet informed the startled girl. "He was so happy you joined the Hummers."

"Eugene hasn't had the easiest time fitting in at Nevermore," Sue told Ember. "We were so excited to find out he had finally made a real friend."

Ember felt so unsettled. These two women were treating her like she was a normal teen, with only wishes for good friends and fun. But that wasn't Ember.

Nevertheless, she said, "well, I brought him some money," looking to the jar on the table. Ember then tried to leave.

But Sue stopped her. "Eugene loves those dang bees like they're his kids," she smiled, almost crying. "His fuzzy buzzy babies."

Janet gasped, and the two women moved, holding onto each other at the top of their son's bed.

"He's gonna be okay, right?"

"Yes... I promise..."

"I should go," Ember felt an overwhelming amount of guilt as she watched the two people Eugene loved most debate the fatality of his injuries. The injuries she inflicted.

She paused at the door, fighting the urge to turn round and say sorry to these two women, more people she had inflicted pain upon-

But she just took a breath and walked on. She had inflicted pain upon many people.

But this was one of the rare occasions when she didn't enjoy it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 909 23
แด€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› แด€๊œฑ ส™สŸแด€แด„แด‹ แด€๊œฑ ษชษดแด‹
30.9K 1.1K 59
Nyx Thorpe (18) is the older sister of Xavier Thorpe. Her parents send her to Nevermore a bit late in her academic life due to one too many students...
85.4K 2.1K 25
the Addams's and Grayson's always had a strong bond and Wednesday Addams and Y/N Grayson have been close since they were babies After Y/N's parents w...
91.6K 1.9K 13
"What's your favourite colour Isabella Addams? And don't give me some bullshit by saying black." "My favourite colour isn't Black, crusty the clown...