Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 35

2.6K 89 8
By nngozi

Adrienne

Monday morning I was back in California and it wasn't easy kissing Ky goodbye but it was bound to happen. That Monday was my rest week but on Tuesday was nothing but work, just like Wednesday as well. Thursday evening I found myself in Atlanta for an interview, while the weekend I was back in the west coast.

Kyrie and I spoke to each other every day but time differences limited our conversations. He was up in New Jersey visiting family for a few days, while I was on the road. The following week I spent two days in San Antonio for shows while Thursday evening I was back at my home watching the game.

The Cavaliers were hosting Golden State and the score was even by second quarter. Third quarter came and I became extremely worried when Kyrie left the game due to a shoulder injury.

"I hope he's okay" Kirsten frowned.

"My poor baby"

A frown stayed on my face watching him sit out through the rest of third quarter, hoping he was okay. Kirsten and I were caught off guard when they announced Kyrie was back into the game, and I was thankful.

"Let's go Cavs"

You could see his shoulder was still bothering him but he fought through it and he didn't let it affect his game. Like I wanted the Cavaliers took the w, but I was still concerned about Kyrie and texted him to call me when he had the chance.

The whole time on the phone he kept assuring me that he was okay and confident he could play tomorrow against Indiana, but I still wanted him to get looked at by a medical trainer.

***

"What did the MRI say?"

"It's a shoulder strain and they don't want me playing tonight"

"Oh my gosh Kyrie", my voice was filled with worry.

"Adrienne it's not as serious as you think"

He started laughing but I didn't find anything funny at all. Injuries are injuries and no matter how serious or not they were; it wasn't something to joke about.

"Do you want me come down there"

"I'm alright; it's not that serious Adge"

"So you don't want me to come see you?"

"I didn't say I didn't want you to not come see me. I just don't want me to drop all your work for me"

I curled my lips, "Ky, I have people here who can handle things for me. It's fine"

"What are you gonna do? Take care of me?", his voice filled with nothing but mischief.

"Just wait until I'm there baby boy"

*

On Saturday morning I arrived in Westlake, Ohio. It was only my second time at Kyrie's house and I wasn't accustomed to everything yet, but I did happen to meet his chef who told what he liked to eat and what he didn't like.

While Kyrie laid around bummed about not being able to travel with his team, I did my best to cheer him up.

We laid on the bed, his head on my chest and lips in the crook of my neck. It already bothered him that the Cavs lost last night against Indiana and he just received word that he couldn't play tomorrow in Houston. I personally thought it was a good thing keeping him back a bit, that way he could rest up before they played again against Boston.

"What are you trying to do?"

I mugged him, seeing he was trying to get up.

"Oh I wanted to get a Gatorade from the fridge"

"Seriously Ky? You couldn't have just asked me to get it for you?"

"Adge my legs aren't broken, plus I didn't wanna' bother you" he smiled.

"Lay back, relax and I'll go get it for you" I smirked.

He threw his hands up and released hold of my body, allowing me to get up from the bed and make my way downstairs into the kitchen.

Getting to his refrigerator, it was the typical athlete zone. It was filled with mostly Gatorade drinks, protein shakes, fruits, and vitamin water. At least I knew he wasn't piling himself up with junk food, knowing how much he had a sweet tooth. I grabbed a bottle of Gatorade; the sound of small feet and whimpering gained my attention.

My first instinct was it could be a dog, and I knew Kyrie had a pair of dogs I had never seen but there was no way they could be here when Brett normally keeps them at his place.

I turned around just to be greeted by two not too large dogs. It took absolutely everything in me not to panic but once the bigger one of the two began barking and running around, my heart began to pound.

Quickly I jumped onto the island countertop and I wasn't sure who was more scared between the two dogs and me. As their barking grew louder, my screams for Kyrie's named grew as well.

The only type of dog I ever agreed with was the small ones that could be placed into a handbag. Larger dogs and I never really gotten along expect for my grandfather's dog and that one knew not to come around me.

"Ky"

"Kyrie?"

Kyrie ran into the kitchen shirtless. Once his eyes saw the sight he couldn't help but laugh. As he came my way, I wasted no time jumping on top of him and wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Adge they are harmless", he spoke through laughter.

"They might bite me" I whined, sounding like the biggest baby right now.

Holding onto him tighter, the two dogs barked louder. The grip my arms had on Kyrie's neck was pretty tight and I was hoping he wouldn't place me down on the floor.

"Rocky, Drew. Come here boys"

"You better not let them attack me"

Just as the dogs ran up to him, slowly he placed my feet on the ground and even though a feeling of nervousness was still in me slowly I found myself warming up to them.

"Aww they are actually really cute"

"I can't believe you're scared of dogs"

"I'm not scared of dogs. I'm just frightened of big dogs"

He started to laugh, "They're puppies, and they not even that big Adge"

"They're bigger than the puppies I'm used to and why didn't you tell me they were here?" I poked my bottom lip out.

"Oh Brett brought them by like a couple days ago, but I let them in last night when you were sleep"

"You should have said something before I came downstairs"

"Either way you still would have been scared" he ran up the stairs laughing.

"Shut up and take your stupid Gatorade" I laughed, running after him.

*

Early in morning Kyrie got up first, and while I tried to continue my sleep the only thing that was being heard throughout the house was the sound of basketball pounding on concrete. I practically buried myself under the covers and pillows but it all did no justice.

My eyes stayed shut once I heard him make his way back into the room. His footsteps made its way into the bathroom and it seemed like he was brushing his teeth. I still pretended to be sleeping once he came out and sat at the edge of the bed with his phone.

Gently I opened my eyes to see his back facing me; pulling the covers up a bit to my face I kicked him softly.

"You know you're a jerk right?"

He looked back at me laughing, but my face stayed straight the whole time. "How?"

"You and that basketball" I threw a pillow aiming for his head, which he perfectly dodged.

"Chill, besides I need to stop by Clinical Court and get cleared"

"Cleared for what?"

"Come on Adge, to play tomorrow"

I gave him a stern look, raising my right brow "Are you sure you're arm feels better Ky?"

He walked around the bed, sitting down on the side I was laying on. "Yeah, I barely feel anything anyways"

"Just be careful kid" I leaned up, sitting on my back.

"I'm always careful" he kissed my lips.

Likewise Kyrie was eligible to play again and just as tomorrow came by; you could see the excitement in him just by being back on the court again with his teammates. This morning I did advice him not to put too much pressure on that arm and take it easy but as usual he came out giving his all.

"I know Kyrie happy to be back on that court"

"Trust me he is"

I placed a fry in my mouth, and held my large iPhone in my available hand. Teyana and I sat courtside watching the Cavaliers host the Celtics. My outfit was very simple and weather matching as well, pair of dark wash destroyed Wipe Out jeans, a white sleeveless Wanted bodysuit top, and black leather Spineless jacket, with my black leather ZiGi Girl Z Jo Studs boots.

"So how long are you staying in the Land?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning"

"Aw girl I wish you could stay longer"

"I've been here since Saturday making sure number two was okay"

"Ooh welcome to the world of dating an athlete" her thick New York accent boomed in my ears.

Don't get me wrong, from the first time I met Teyana a couple years ago I absolutely loved her personality. Sometimes people from up north tend to be a little louder than us folks from down south and it can be a little annoying. Other than her loudness and talkativeness she was probably one of the funniest and sweetest people you will ever meet. Plus we both Taylor's.

I glanced at the court and Kyrie was playing way better than he did against Golden State. It came as surprise to see how fast he was moving up and down the court and he didn't even seem like someone who was out the past few days.

Long as he's doing fine in his element is all that matters .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 4.6K 36
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...
25.3K 2.1K 33
Wildin' || NBA YB By:4𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖔𝖋𝖑𝖚𝖛❦ You won't regret it Read to find out... ▪️Comment pleaseee ▪️Vote ▪️Follow me © Mature Content Stro...
221K 4.6K 76
Little scenarios that find themselves lodged in my brain about NBA players and Harry styles. Welcome to hell, enjoy yourself :)