Dragons, Weasleys and a Healer

By Chapter1991

In the aftermath of the battle, Hermione and Fred's friendship evolves into something more, but their budding... More

The Road Runner
The Weekend After
St. Mungo's
A New Job
Up and Left
Romania
Ginny & The Twins
A Weasley Visit
Owl
Write To Me
A Phone Call
Visitation Rights
Surprise
Presents
The Flat
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
The Minister of Magic
Tiny Dragons
The Romanian Minister
The Law
An Announcement
Telling The Family
Home

A Wedding and Goodbyes

454 12 1
By Chapter1991

Hermione came in the living room with her coral bridesmaid dress on. It had short sleeves with a small V-neck. The dress fell to the floor but had a split that came to a stop right above her knee. Hermione decided to get dressed at her flat with Ginny. Spending some overdue quality time together. She was sitting on the ottoman putting on her heels when Ginny walked out the bathroom wearing the same colour dress but with no sleeves and a sweetheart neckline.

"You look beautiful, Ginny."

"Thank you. You look beautiful too, Fred won't know what hit him." She smiled as she pulled Hermione up from the ottoman.

"They should arrive any second now." Before Ginny finished her sentence a loud crack came from the kitchen followed by to red heads and Angelina.

"Hermione!" Angelina cried as she enveloped her in a hug.

"Ange. It's so good to see you! How are you?"

Angelina pulled away, grinning wide. She looked over her shoulders to the twins before looking back at her and showed her hand. Her left index finger was sporting a silver engagement ring, a large dark blue sapphire in the middle with little diamonds that ran across the band.

"Oh, Angelina it's beautiful!" Hermione looked in awe at the ring. "He finally asked then?" She grinned. Angelina laughed as they looked back at George.

"If he waited until after new year's, I would have asked." Angelina and Hermione were now laughing together.

"Ask what?" Ginny was standing at the twins before she made her way over. She saw the ring and squealed. "Congratulations you two." Ginny hugged Angelina tight before hugging George.

Hermione congratulation Angelina before she walked over to the twins. She wrapped her arms around George and whispered.

"Told you so." She pulled back grinning. She saw George looking down at her with the same expression.

"So, you did."

"Now that you are an engaged man and all... can I have my girlfriend back." Fred smiled as he took her hand and spun her into his chest.

"As long as you treat her right."

"I'm planning on it." Fred answered his twin not looking away from Hermione. "You look gorgeous by the way."

"Thank you." She reached up for a kiss. "You look very handsome yourself." She pulled back and let her gaze wonder up and down his body.

"Well, I heard you like a man in a suit."

"That I do." She smiled up at him, still wrapped around in his arms.

"Come on lovebirds, time to go!" Ginny called them over. "And don't let me be alone all night."

"Oh Ginny. In that dress I don't think you would be alone for long." Angelina winked at her. Fred and George frowning at each other before they apparated together.

"Can I have this dance?" She asked Neville when she saw that he finished his drink.

"I love to." They made their way over to the dance floor. Hannah was dancing with her father, her white train twirling around them.

"So, you and Fred huh?" Neville said grinning.

"Yeah..."

"I think it's great. I've been telling Hannah for a while that you two would be great together."

"Really?"

"Yes, you bring out the best in each other and he can make you laugh, which is really important."

It's true. Fred could make her laugh about the tinniest thing or can make a foul mood disappear within seconds. They danced in silence for a minute.

"It was a beautiful wedding, Neville. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks Hermione. Who would have thought I would be one of the first ones to be married." Neville let out a chuckle.

"I did." She answered honestly. "You are an amazing man, Neville. It wouldn't have taken long for someone to notice you. And I'm glad it was Hannah. She is amazing.

"She is, isn't she?" Neville's eyes found his wife's and it was full of love.

"Come on, go dance with your amazing wife." She laughed as Neville walked confident to his wife. She felt a tap on her shoulder before she could leave the dance floor. She turned and saw a Weasley twin in front of her.

"Can I have this dance?"

"Of course, you can George." She smiled as she took his hand. A couple of feet away Fred was twirling a laughing Angelina in circles.

George placed one hand on her waist and held up her other hand as they swayed to the music, once in a while twirling her gently, not like Fred's been doing to Angelina.

"In a few months we'll be dancing at your wedding." She looked up smiling, George mirroring her.

"I know. I feel happy, nervous and excited at the same time."

"I think that is to be expected but it will be great, you will be great." She said reassuring. "Angelina is one lucky woman."

"You think so?" George asked her unsure.

"I do. George you're funny, smart, a great cook."

"And the most handsome Weasley there is." He winked at her which made her roll her eyes.

"I think it's more like third place."

George looked shocked and placed his hand on his heart in mock hurt.

"How dare you!" Hermione giggled at his antics. "But what other Weasley is my competition then, besides Freddie?"

"Charlie." She grinned up at him. "Who could resist a dragon tamer."

"Well looking at he is still single, a lot of women." He laughed.

"That's because there are not even a handful of women at the reserve and Charlie isn't quite ready to settle down but he has had frequent visitors the last couple of months."

"Oh really?" George twirled her around just as Fred did with Angelina, who were by then dancing right next to them. When Hermione twirled back the twins had switched places.

She laughed as she came back into Fred's arms. She looked up at him and pulled him down for a kiss.

"I really hope you know it's me love and not Georgie." He chuckled against her lips.

"Of course, I know. I always know." Fred's heart skipped a beat when she said that.

"Want to get out of here?" He wiggled his eyebrows. She nodded and he pulled her through the crowds into a deserted hallway. He pinned her against the wall, his hands against the wall on each side of her head. Hermione looked at him, eyes full of desire. She ran her hands through his hair, slipping down as she graced his chest.

"Remember what I told you I would do to you if you wore a tux?" Hermione said seductively.

"I'll never forget." His voice an octave lower than usual. Hermione pulled out her wand and pointed it at his chest. She graced the buttons of his shirt and the popped open one by one.

"Where did you learn that, my prefect?" Fred teased as he whispered in her ear. Hermione let her fingers roam his bare chest before dipping one in his trousers, which made him groan as he bit her neck gently. He kissed her collarbone before lowering down to her chest, pulling down her dress to uncover her bra. She moaned as he nipped at the nipple through her bra.

"Not here." She barely whispered. Fred took a step back as he glanced around the hallway. Hermione pulled him after her before pushing him in to a cloakroom and finished her promise.

Time flew by after the wedding as Charlie and Hermione made their way back to Romania. The days were filled with preparations for the reserve and for them to leave. Healer Funar came back two days after the wedding. They worked side by side the last weeks learning from one another as their time was almost up. On their last they at the reserve they got a patronus from Nicolae saying that something went wrong at the enclosure near the lake. Charlie grabbed their jackets as he tossed Hermione hers and they ran towards the lake. When they neared the enclosure, the dragon was safely inside.

"What in the world?" Hermione frowned as she looked around. When she glanced at the lake she saw several lights floating in the air, music bouncing against the three. She looked at Charlie, eyebrows raised. He shrugged as they walked closer.

"SURPRISE!" All their co-workers came from behind the trees laughing.

Nicolae pointed his wand in the air and a banner appeared above him. We will miss you! Razvan handed them drinks as he led them to the bonfire.

"You did all of this for us?" Charlie asked in disbelief.

"Of course. Charlie, you have been here for years. We are all going to miss you. And you Hermione." He smiled kindly at her. "In the short time you've been here you made quite the impact. I do hope you come to visit from time to time."

"I would love to." She smiled back.

"And the reserve in Wales will work side by side with this one, so will keep in touch and visit a couple of times a year."

"Splendid."

More co-workers came to sit at the fire as they talked, laughed and drank all night. Nicolae made dragon figures into the flames of the bonfire, flying in the air. Their friends all came together to buy them a going away present. Charlie got new leather work gloves and a leather jacket. While Hermione got silver and gold music box that could hold jewellery engraved with dragons. And they both got a picture from the whole team standing in front of the lake laughing. It was almost morning before they got back to the cabin. Charlie and Hermione fell asleep against each other on the sofa. Their last night was perfect. Both were sad to leave this place, leave the dragons, their friends but were excited by a new chapter, closer to home. There is one thing both of them knew. They could rely on each other, trust on another, no matter what.

The next morning, they finished packing and set out their owls ahead of them. Charlie's owl went to the burrow and Apollo went to her flat. They agreed to come to the burrow first because Molly would prepare them a welcome home lunch. Hermione and Charlie placed their bags in front of the fireplace before heading out for the last time. They said goodbye to co-workers and to the dragons they got close to.

"Are you ready, Charlie?"

"Yeah." Charlie glanced around on more time before they headed back to the cabin.

"You are sure this is what you want?"

"Oh!" Charlie looked at her in surprise. "Yes, I am but this has been my home for years."

Hermione pulled him into a hug when they stopped in front of the cabin.

"It will be and adjustment, but I'll be right by your side."

"Thanks, Granger Danger. I'm so glad we really got to know each other."

"Me too. I always wanted a brother."

Charlie chuckled. "And now you have five. Be careful what you wish for."

"Wouldn't want it any other way." She laughed as they walked in and neared the fireplace.

"Do you need a moment?"

"No." He said certain. "Let's go."

And they stepped in the fireplace together, clutching their bags in one hand and locking their arms with the other. Charlie took a deep sigh and dropped the flew power. "The burrow!" And they were gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 44 14
After a night out with the girls, Hermione and Ginny apparated home drunk. Fred and George found them and put them to bed...with Hermione ending up i...
131K 3.6K 22
Disclaimer: I don't not own harry potter or the story plot or basically the story in general. All rights goes to the rightful owner: CrazyGirl47 Fred...
4.4K 112 25
Hermione was heartbroken after Fred died. Alongside George she locked herself in his flat, away from anything and everyone. Hermione knew they had to...
3.7K 115 19
It has been nearly 3 years and finally Hermione has moved on from Draco. After attempting an extremely failed relationship with Ron, Hermione finds t...