Dragons, Weasleys and a Healer

由 Chapter1991

In the aftermath of the battle, Hermione and Fred's friendship evolves into something more, but their budding... 更多

The Road Runner
The Weekend After
St. Mungo's
A New Job
Up and Left
Romania
Ginny & The Twins
A Weasley Visit
Owl
Write To Me
A Phone Call
Visitation Rights
Surprise
Presents
The Flat
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
The Minister of Magic
Tiny Dragons
The Romanian Minister
The Law
An Announcement
A Wedding and Goodbyes
Home

Telling The Family

419 16 0
由 Chapter1991

Hermione was fumbling with her sleeve, bouncing nervously from one leg to another as she stepped in the fireplace with Charlie. He hooked his arm around hers as they looked at the twins.

"See you two in a bit." Charlie winked and they disappeared in green flames.

When Hermione and Charlie entered the living room it was already full of people. Ginny squealed and jumped up from her seat, flinging her arms around the pair.

"Hi Ginny." Charlie and Hermione laughed in unison.

"I have some news to tell you." Ginny whispered to her. "Later." She smiled and stepped aside so Mr Weasley and Bill could greet them. After they greeted the remaining people, she sat down between Harry and Ron. She was trying to focus on their conversation, but she grew anxious and kept glancing between Charlie and the fireplace.

"Hermione?" Ron's voice called her back to the present.

"What? Sorry."

"I asked if you are bringing a date to Neville's wedding."

"Oh, she's bringing her favourite Weasley of course." Charlie said from behind her before she could answer. He placed his hands on her shoulders as he smiled at Ron and Harry. "What about you two?"

"They will probably take each other."

"I think that's well overdue." The twins joking voices called from the fireplace as they rubbed of the sooth from their clothes.

"Gross." Ron crunched up his nose while Harry just laughed. Hermione smiled at the twins before Molly came bustling in as she wiped her hands on her apron. She smiled at the recent arrivals before pulling them in a hug.

"Oh mum. We brought you something." The twins grinned as George pulled out a parcel from his pocket. Molly eyed it cautiously.

"It's safe mum." Fred said honestly.

"We just thought you want a new one."

Molly accepted the parcel and opened it carefully. Her mouth fell open as she saw a burgundy apron in front of her. In large letters said: The Weasley Clan, with under it the names their family members, that included Hermione and Harry in golden letters.

"Oh boys!" Tears falling down her face, she pulled her twins back in her arms.

"What is it, mum?" Bill asked as he walked over. Molly pulled apart from the boys as she undid her old apron, George took the old one while Fred helped her put on the new one. Molly showed her new apron proudly at the rest of them.

"We can even add future family members on it." The twins said happily.

"I'll wear it every day. Now come in the kitchen dinner is ready." She smiled at her family who were all looking at the apron.

The gathered in the kitchen and Hermione took a seat next to Charlie. Fred sat down on her other side while George sat down next to Charlie. When everyone was seated Fred and George jumped up.

"There is an announcement to be made."

"And we will proudly introduce to you-"

"The announcers for this evening."

"Miss Hermione Granger-"

"And Mister Charlie Weasley." The twins ended as they applauded. The rest of the table looked confused at them. Charlie looked at Hermione, she gave him a quick nod and Charlie rose from his seat as they twins sat back down. He looked at Hermione and held out his hand. She gladly took it as she stood up next to him.

"What's going on?" Ron whined. "I'm hungry."

"If you will shut up for a minute-"

"They'll explain-"

"And you, get to eat." The twins finished glaring at their little brother.

"We'll make it quick. So as you all heard the laws surrounding magical creatures had been altered making it more difficult to traffic creatures and made the punishments harder." Charlie looked around the room as his family clapped. "Well, that news travelled back to London, they heard that we had a huge hand in it." Charlie stopped and looked over at Hermione, she smiled at him and continued.

"Kingsley has been working for years to try and open a reserve in Wales. With the news of the law change, they finally decided to open the reserve. It will open in the new year."

The table yelled out cheers before Charlie held out his hand.

"That's not all." The room grew quiet again. "Kingsley offered me and Hermione the chance to work there, to take the leading positions at the reserve."

It felt like everyone in the room was holding their breath, hoping at the words Charlie was going to say.

"And we've accepted. We will be moving back home."

And at that moment the whole room exploded. Shouts, cries and arms came crashing at them. Molly was loudly crying in their arms as she told them how happy she was that both of her children would be coming home. Arthur came over and congratulated them before he led Molly back to her seat with a comforting arm. Fred came in last as he hugged her and whispered.

"Want to tell them now or wait a bit?"

"Let's wait until after dinner when everyone is calmed down."

"And Ron has eaten." Fred smiled against her hair.

They sat back down, Arthur summoned the food as Molly was still shaking from the news.

"Psst... Hermione."

Hermione looked over at George from behind Charlie's back her eyebrows raised.

"I'm going to ask Angie tomorrow." He whispered.

"That great, George! I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks. I'm a bit nervous."

"Don't be. I'm one hundred per cent certain she'll say yes."

"I hope you're right."

"When am I not?" She grinned at him. He rolled his eyes smiling before he turned back to his food.

After dinner was cleared, they all talked over one another, the Weasley chaos in full swing. It took Hermione a couple of years to get used to it as she came from a small and quiet family but now, she loved nothing more. She glanced around the table smiling at her family. Happy that they were thrilled to have her back home. She was pulled out of her thoughts by a hand that squeezed her under the table.

She looked back at Fred smiling. Ready? He mouthed to her. Yes.

Fred stood from his seat gathering everyone's attention. He was quite good at that, Hermione thought to herself, smiling.

"My dear mother, father, brothers and sisters." He smiled at Fleur. "After that riveting announcement earlier... There is still one to be made." He said dramatically. He turned his gaze towards Hermione and pulled her up.

"I guess there is only one way to tell you-" He wrapped his arms around Hermione as he swooped down and kissed her sweetly. When they pulled apart the saw Charlie, George and Ginny grinning while the rest looked at them, mouth open in shock.

"One way, huh?" Hermione grinned up at him.

"This feisty little dragon here-" He winked at her. "- is my girlfriend." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and held her close to his side before looking back at their family.

"Girlfriend?"

"What?!"

"Are you serious?"

Was shouted in the room before George stood up so abruptly his chair fell backwards. The room grew silent again. Hermione reached for George, over Charlie's head.

"George, it's okay."

"No, it isn't."

"Georgie." Fred said calmly, George looked back at his twin, he nodded softly and sat back down.
"I guess this wasn't what anyone was expecting, so you can ask us anything. One at a time." He added as he saw several mouths began to open again. Fred sat down with Hermione still tucked right by his side.

"How long is this been going on?" Ron asked.

Fred and Hermione talked about it, about what date they would consider getting together and to what to tell the family. They shared a look before turning back to Ron.

"Officially mid-September."

"And unofficially?"

"You don't need to know everything that happened, Ron."

"And you never told us?" Arthur interrupted before Ron could answer.

"No, we didn't. Only the three of them knew." He pointed at George, Ginny and Charlie. "George knew because well he knows everything, Ginny figured it out as well as Charlie. And it would have come out when I visited her in Romania anyway." Fred shrugged.

"We didn't want to say anything because we wanted to make sure this was what we wanted and that we had a plan, a future, before telling you."

"And do you have a future together?" Bill asked, eyebrow raised, a grin filling his face.

"Obviously." Fred said as a matter of fact. "I love her. I'm in love with her."

Several mouths fell open again at Fred's proclamation. Then his mother shrieked and ran over to them.

"I'm so happy for you two. I love you both so much. I'm glad you found each other. You had such a close friendship before, it will make a great funding." She rambled before she turned to Hermione smiling. "I was a bit worried about him you know, thought he never settle down." Hermione chuckled as Fred yelled: "Oi!"

Fred felt happy, complete with Hermione tucked in his side as they sat in the living room of the burrow surrounded by his family. His mum was overwhelmed with the idea of them together.

"I can't believe I've never noticed before how well you two could be together."

"Mum, it was worth the wait. We both had to work on ourselves."

Molly smiled at her son understanding. She patted his legs as she stood up and walked to her husband. Fred watched his mother go before looking at the girl who was wrapped inside his arms.

"I'm so happy right now."

Hermione turned away from the game of snap in front of her and looked up at him, smiling. "Me too."

"I love you."

"I love you." She whispered before she claimed his lips. They pulled apart as Victoire came crashing on top of them.

"Hey Vicki." He chuckled at the little blonde. The girl frowned between them.

"You stole auntie Mione from me. She loves me." Victoire pouted. Bill and Fleur looked at each other before turning to the three of them eyes wide in amusement.

"Oh, Victoire. Uncle Freddie didn't steal me. I love you so much little nugget." She sat up straighter and pulled her into her lap. Victoire wrapped her little arms around her and leaned her head against Hermione's shoulder. "And I'll be back soon. Then we can have a special day together, would you like that?"

"Can Teddy come?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course, sweety."

"So, you love Uncle Freddie?"

"I do..." Hermione smiled between her favourite red head and the blonde girl.

"But- but you love me more, right?"

"Victoire." Bill walked over and sat next to Hermione, pulling his daughter on his lap. "Auntie Mione has enough love for the both of you."

"Okay, daddy." Victoire looked back at Hermione. "I love you too, auntie Mione."

"Oi! And what about me?" He called over grinning.

Victoire crunched up her nose at him. "Only when you're not moping."

His eyes went big as he stared at the little girl.

"Told you!" His twin yelled from the seat opposite of him laughing.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

Ron's Twin 由 R.A.L

同人小說

121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
16.8K 247 27
Hermione Granger thought she was going to fall in love with Ron. But what if another Weasley steals her heart? (Discontinued)
280K 8.5K 62
This story takes place right after the war. Voldemort was defeated and many innocent people have lost their lives. George Weasley being one of them...
47.4K 1.1K 31
Its two years after the war. Dannielle Black has been gone ever since. Until now. Follow the young girl as she returns to the wizarding world after s...