The Three Kagenou Siblings (K...

By JaeZInsane

While Claire Kagenou works among the Crimson Order, The Shadow Monarch, Kagari Kagenou watches and over their... More

Bio: Kagera Sanashi/Kagari Kagenou
Prolouge: The Unfortunate Death and The Forunate Rebirth
Chapter 1: The Kagenou Brothers
Chapter 2: Shadow Garden
Chapter 3: Shadow Garden's Rescue Mission
Chapter 5: Alexia Midgar
Chapter 6: Saving The Princess and Catching The Bad Guy
Chapter 7: Eclipse and Shadow, The Brothers of Darkness
Chapter 8: The Impostors
Chapter 9: Sherry Barnett
Chapter 10: Battle of The Bushin Tournament, Kagari Kagenou vs Rose Oriana
Chapter 11: The Attack on The Midgar Academy
Chapter 12: An Operation in the Shadows
Chapter 13: True Colors
Chapter 14: Exposing A Monster, Kagari Kagenou vs Lutheran Barnett
Chapter 15: Helping a Poor Soul
Chapter 16: The Sacred Land of Lindwurm
Chapter 17: Aurora, The Witch Of Calamity
Chapter 18: The Sanctuary
Chapter 19: The History of The Cult of Diablos
Chapter 20: The Sanctuary Massacre
Chapter 21: The Final Battle In the Sanctuary
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Checking In On Loved Ones
Chapter 24: Alexandria
Chapter 25: The Bushin Festival
Chapter 26: A Crisis Behind The Scenes
Chapter 27: The Shadow of The Moonlight
Chapter 28: A Deal of Power
Chapter 29: Waiting For The Right Time
Chapter 30: The Hostile Takeover
Chapter 31: Wrath of The Monarch of White Flames
Chapter 32: The Successors of Monarchs
Chapter 33: Wrath of The New Shadow Monarch
Chapter 34: The End of White Flames
Chapter 35: Chaos' End
(Season 2) Chapter 36: The Lawless City

Chapter 4: The Midgar Academy

7.8K 249 77
By JaeZInsane

The Next Day, it was now Kagari's turn to depart for The Midgar Academy for Dark Knights in The Royal Capital. After saying his goodbyes to Cid and his parents, he got into the carrage and left the town for the train station.

Train

On the train, Kagari was sitting in his seat, looking outside of the windows as he thought to himself about Alpha and The Seven Shadows.

Kagari's Thoughts: (From what I got from Alpha before she and others left, They requested to leave in order to expand Shadow Garden to stand a fighting chance against the cult. Seeing the benefits it would bring us, I allowed them to go. Even though I know I will miss them.)

Of course Cid didn't believe anything. Even when I tried to explain it to him.

He was all..

Cid: Oh, so they even got you into their role playing game too. Well, you can play again in 2 more years. Enjoy yourself, brother.

Kagari sighs.

Kagari's House: (-_-...Honestly, I know I wanted a little sibling....)

Kagari's Thoughts: (-_-....But I never thought that my little brother would be such an idiot...)

No matter, he'll come to realize it eventually.....

Kagari's Thoughts: (-_-....Hopefully....)

Kagari's Thoughts: (As much I wanted to go with them, I still had my responsibilities here. So, I've ordered Alpha and the others to keep me informed on their movements and all of the information that they collect on the cult. I told them to call me if anything happened, but they've barely called. It's fine though.)

Kagari's Thoughts: (As for me, I'll gather as much information on the cult and the capital as I can for the next 2 years, and take out any cult members I find, even if their not worth fighting.)

(Timeskip: 2 Years Later)

Midgar Academy

Stepping out of his classroom, a 17 year old Kagari was holding a graded paper from a recent test. Seeing that he had a near perfect score of 92, he put the paper in his bag, not really caring about it.

Kagari's Thoughts: (The education system in this school is less advanced than it was back in my old life. Easy, but boring all the same. Anyway, what do I have next? Sweet, looks like I have Sword Practice next.)

Kagari began walking towards his next class.

It has now been 2 years and 7 months since Kagari's enrollment at at The Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy, where students train to become Dark Knights of The Midgar Kingdom in order to protect it. It is the place where the first princess, Iris Midgar learned how to use the sword.

But all of that really did not peak Kagari's interest since all he wanted was a nice school life before graduation next year.

But he did hold a title, Kagari was known for being "The Tallest Student In The Academy".

As he walked outside onto the campus, he saw his little brother, Cid. Even after 2 years he was still playing the part of a "mob character".

It was strange since he knows what his brother is capable of.

Kagari: Hey, Cid.

Cid: What's up, bro?

Kagari: How'd you do on the test?

He smirked.

Cid: Oh yeah that, I think I got at least a 53 or something. So, that should give me at least a C or lower in my class. I had to lower my magic a bunch so they couldn't notice.

Kagari: -_- ...Cid, I get that you don't want to stand out, but you should at least aim for a B at the least.

As Kagari and Cid continued talking, two other students were walking towards them.

One of them was a student with dirty blonde hair and the other one was completely bald.

They were Cid's friends, Skel and Po

Skel: Hey Cid, so how did you do on the test?

Po: We both scored B's.

Cid: Yeah, I ranked C. Guess my mana is still too low.

Skel: Which means you gotta do the penalty since you scored the worst.

Po: You lost the bet, Cid. You have to do it.

Cid: Yeah, I know what I have to do.

Kagari: Bet? What bet?

Cid: Uh well, big bro...the bet was--

Po put his arm his arm on Cid's shoulder and grinned at Kagari.

Po: Your brother is gonna have to do something really, really embarrassing.

Kagari looked at Cid with an annoyed look on his face. His little brother's shenanigans were starting to annoy him and he's only been at the academy for less than a year.

Kagari's Thoughts: (As long as it doesn't include me, I really don't care what he has to do.)

Skel: Come with us, Kagari. You'll see what Cid has to do.

Kagari: Sure. I've got time.

(Timeskip)

As the four of them walked, they saw a large crowd of students all in the same area. In was a love confessions between a boy and a girl.

The girl in question is a pretty young girl with red eyes and long silver hair. She usually ties her hair in pig tails using a large black bow, and is often seen wearing her academy uniform consisting of a blazer jacket, dress shirt, stockings, and knee-high boots with crosscutting laces. She was the second princess of The Midgar Kingdom.

The "Goddess" of The Academy, Alexia Midgar.

Kagari's Thoughts: (-_-...Once again, someone is confessing to her. That's the 3rd one this week. Don't they realize that they're only gonna get rejected..?)

Random Student: Princess Alexia! Our school goddess! The one who has blessed us with her presence alone. Will you go out with me? So that we may enjoy our precious youth together!

Alexia: Not interested.

She walked away, leaving him shocked.

Kagari's Thoughts: (As expected...)

Po: That's the princess for you. I know she's destined for political marriage after she graduates, but--

Skel: He wouldn't have been a bad choice for someone to fool around with. Now listen here, don't you go getting cold feet on us, you got it?

Cid: Oh, don't worry. I spent all last night planning out how I was going to do it.

Skel and Po left, leaving the two brothers alone.

Kagari: -_-...Why are you even doing this? I thought you said you weren't trying to stand out.

Cid: You don't get it, bro.....I've been waiting for this!

Cid: By the end of the day, I'm going to perform The World's Most Background Character Like Love Confession!

Kagari: .. -_-....Cid, please get help. How are you even gonna do this?

Cid: You'll just have to wait, wanna come and watch?

Kagari: No, not really. This doesn't interest me, I have other things to do, Cid. Enjoy your "confession" I guess and good luck.

With that, Kagari left to attend his Sword Practice Classes.

After that, he went to his dorm to look over the notes he received from Alpha and the others to go other them and send back information of his own.

(Timeskip)

At sunset, Cid was now by the trees outside of the school with Alexia standing infront of him. It was now time for him to do his "confession".

He was now blushing like crazy in order to keep up his mob persona with Skel and Po watching him from the bushes.

Cid: P- Pri- Prin- Princess Alexia!

To keep up his act, Cid began to shake.

Cid: I-I-I-I-I I like you!

Cid bowed to her and held out his hand.

Cid: Will you...p-p-p-please be my g-g-g-girlfriend?!!

Cid's Thoughts: (Nailed it. This is the kind of Background Character I always wanted to be. Now I need her to turn me down so I can run away and fall on my face.)

Then something unexpected happened. Cid felt two fingers holding his index finger.

Alexia: Alright.

Cid: Huh?

Alexia: You're not the one I wanted, but I think I can make good use of you.

Cid: I'm sorry, what?

Alexia: That and your two friends over there...you're all going to help me with something that I have planned.

Skel and Po arose from the bushes.

Skel/Po: Huh?!

Alexia: I'll be seeing the two of you at lunch tomorrow.

Looking back at Cid, Alexia grabbed him by his ear and took him away.

Alexia: Now, let's get going. We have much to discuss.

Cid's Thoughts: (HOW DID I GET SUCKED IN AS THE ROM-COM PROTAGONIST?!!!)

Meanwhile...

Kagari: "...."

Igris: Is something wrong, my liege? You appear to be troubled.

Kagari: It's nothing, Igris. I thought I felt a disturbance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 1.6K 34
What if there was a player who can rival Maple. A player who can summon the shadows of his enemies corpse. Find out how our MC becomes THE SHADOW MON...
97.5K 2.4K 22
☾☾☾ ☯︎︎ ☽☽☽ π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧... π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐝𝐞𝐝... 𝐓𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠... 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠...
5.6K 217 7
What If A Certain Mistress Of Darkness Meets The Lord Of Shadows?
171K 5.9K 52
Park Jisoo, cousin of the former Weakest Hunter to the S-Ranked Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and also, one of the Shadow Monarch and successor of the King of...