Kickin' It With You โ€ข Jack Br...

By anawriites

Is a story about a young woman, Madelynn Mayfield, commonly known as Maddie, who is a professional black belt... More

CAST | INTRODUCTION
THE NICKNAME WITH A SECRET | II
DANCIN' THE NIGHT AWAY | III
LIVIN' LA VIDA LOCA | IV

THE NEW KID | I

499 8 1
By anawriites

🤍

WHILE MADDIE AND KIM WERE entering their school cafeteria, Kim was focussing on the apple she was playing with. She would throw it in the air, then catch it, then throw it again and that went on and on until she dropped it. As the apple was just about to hit the floor the boy who was standing in the lunch line caught it with his leg, in midair, blocking it from hitting the ground.

"Nice catch", Kim commented. "Yeah, it was almost cool.", added Maddie. The brown—haired boy raised his leg and catched the apple once again, but this time with his hand. "I'm Kim and this is Madelynn.", Kim introduced them both. "Nobody calls me Madelynn. It's Maddie.", the other girl corrected and earned a chuckle from them both. "I'm Jack. I'm new."

"Yeah I can tell. You still have that new guy smell.", Kim pointed at him and he just chuckled it off. "Um, can I have my apple back?", the blonde laughed awkwardly and he gave it to her. "Sorry. Maybe I'll see you around girls." "Maybe you will", Kim said and bit her lower lip. Jack ran up to some kid that called him and the girls went to their seat.

Maddie noticed how Kim's smile never left her mouth. "Whoa Kimmy, already forming a new crush?", Maddie winked at her best friend and got elbowed a second after. "Well were we looking at the same kid!? Did you see how cute he is!?", the older girl just laughed and continued to eat.

🤍

MADDIE WAS RANTING TO KIM about some guys that she took down earlier that week, only to realise that her friend wasn't even listening to her, yet still staring at that new guy. "Oh my God seriously, you're still looking at that Jack kid?", she waved her hand over Kim's face, getting ignored again. "Okay, I officially give up.", she desperately threw her hands in the air. "Sorry, you were saying?", Kim asked cluelessly, like she just woke up from some trance.

This time Maddie also turned to where her best friend was looking and immediately recognised the students Jack was sitting with. They're Rudy's, hers sensei's rival, nerdy 'karate' students, or that's at least how they claim themselves as. But she personally never saw them kicking anything, except maybe for the all chances with girls they ever had. Like literally.

Frank and the rest of the boys from their dojo were picking on them and they did nothing, more precisely they couldn't. Even tho the girls trained in the same dojo as them, they both could agree that sometimes they can be real jerks. Especially Frank. He thinks he's all that just because he's the oldest and because he's, well, a boy. But everybody else could agree that Maddie is definitely the best student in their dojo, they're just scared to admit.

Jack confidently walked over to their table and they all turned to him: "Hey, I like your outfits. You guys, uh.. cheerleaders?" "No! But Bryan used to be.", Frank replied and shot Bryan a glare. "You've got a problem or something!?", Frank then got up and showed the smaller boy some of his best karate moves. Jack just shrugged it off like it's nothing and walked away: "I didn't come here over to fight man."

Frank tried to punch him from the back but Jack turned around just in time and caught his hand: "Okay. You probably shouldn't have done that." And that's how the fight started. Jack took down four Black Dragons all by himself and then just ran out of the cafeteria leaving everyone partly amused, partly shocked and partly scared.

🤍

"SO WHY ARE WE HERE again exactly? Isn't this place rated as one of the most disgusting restaurants or something like that? AND IS THAT A GOA—", Maddie kept complaining since Kim made her go to Falafel Phil's so she could get Jack to join their dojo. "Enough Maddie! You know I love you but it's really not the time. You don't have to eat anything if you don't want to, just follow my lead."

Surprisingly, he actually was there, with the rest of the nerd club, thought Maddie. While they were walking over to the boys, Kim fixed her hair and Maddie just chuckled at her: "You really are something else." Kim shushed her since they've already reached the boys. "Hey Jack.", Kim smiled at him and he returned it, but right before he answered he was cut off by his friends: "Hello Kim, hello Maddie."

"Hi?", Maddie side eyed them and Kim just shrugged it off. "Um, can I talk to you for a minute?", she asked and once again, instead of Jack answering, Jerry, Milton and Eddie did: "Yes!" "Guys can you give me a sec? Vamoose!", even tho he tried to make them leave they were all still staring at Kim. "That means go!"

"I know what vamoose means!", Jerry shot him a glare and while getting up starting saying some random things in Spanish. Maddie was watching him weirdly, and just as she was about to sit down with Kim, Jerry pulled her by the hand making her go with them. Kim and Jack were just chuckling at her as she turned around and mouthed: "Help", while also showing the help sign with her hand.

🤍

AFTER SOMEWHAT TEN MINUTES THE pair also joined their friends. Maddie looked so done, holding face with her hands while Jerry was telling her something. Eddie and Milton were standing next to them and also smiling charmingly at the blonde. The second she saw them walking over, she practically jumped from her seat and ran to Kim.

"Where were you!? Do you even have idea what I've just been through!? For the past ten minutes, Jerry's been telling me some cringy pick up lines and when I tell you I thought I wouldn't survive until you came back! You owe me one! You too!", the impatient girl pointed at Kim, then did the same thing to Jack and the pair answered her by defendlessly throwing their hands in the air.

"Guys I'm gonna go with them and I'll be back at the dojo, okay?", Jack informed them and they just nodded in response. Some time after, the trio found themselves at the Black Dragons dojo. Kim showed a little part of her skills by breaking few wood boards. Maddie did too but she proved it by doing a perfect tornado kick and making dummy's head fall of it's body. "I guess you two do know a lil something about karate."

"This place gave us both black belts. Everything at the Black Dragon is best of the best.", informed Maddie. Just as Jack was about to also break few board, sensei Ty approached them: "Ah Jack! I heard so much about you! I want you to know that if you join this dojo you'll become like a cobra. Fast! Dangerous! And quite comfortable sleeping in a basket."

"What sensei tryna' say is: if you train here, we'll make you a champion!", added Kim proudly. They tried several ways to make Jack join the dojo, Ty even gave him one of their best bo staffs. But he declined politely saying he already promised his friends about joining the Wasabi dojo. Then just as Jack was leaving, Kim followed close behind saying she'll "Walk him out". Maddie winked at her best friend and the other blonde stuck her tongue out as an answer.

🤍

MEANWHILE AT THE WASABI DOJO Rudy was impatiently waiting for Jack to arrive. "Hey guys! Sorry I'm late!" "Sorry doesn't cut it Jack! Wait— Where did you get that astronaut bo staff?", Rudy looked at the object in confusion. "It was a gift from the Black Dragons. See? We can all use it.", Jack tried to hand it to Rudy, but he declined rather aggressively: "Ah! No! No! Students from this dojo are forbidden from even entering the Black Dragon!"

"What!? You can't forbid me from doing anything!", Jack defended himself but Rudy kept on going: "How could you betray me like this!? And it wasn't for me you would've been banned from this mall for two weeks!" "Banned from the mall? What— You said I was going to juvie! You lied to me! You broke the Wasabi code!" "Whaaaaat?" "Maddie and Kim were right, this place is a joke! I'm outta here!", and with that, he just left angrily. As Jack was leaving the dojo he heard Rudy calling him back and he simply ignored the older man.

The next day Jack came back to his ex dojo, realising he has left all his stuff there, only to find everybody else packing up too. "Jack! You're back!", said Rudy hopelessly. "I'm just here to get my stuff. What's going on?" "We're closing. No Jack, no belts, no dojo.", Jerry said, looking half sad, half mad and Jack just frowned at him.

Few seconds later Milton's dad came in angrily, yelling at Milton since his family thought he was taking French horn lessons. Milton apologised and explained how he was going through some hard time since the kids at school bullied him. He thought karate could make him able to defend himself. "Now let's go! You're lucky you didn't hurt yourself!"

"It's closing anyway. This is the only place I felt like I really belonged. I'll let my bully know I'm available.", Milton looked around, sadness showering his face and Jack's frown just deepened. "Now my mom's gonna send me back to Mrs. King Dance Academy. My body was not made to mambo!", complained Eddie. "Guess I'm a lone wolf again, that's how I like it! Don't think for a second I'm gonna miss you meatbags.", Jerry tried to look all tough, but everybody knew it was just an act.

"See you around guys." "Milton! Hand on! Why don't you show your dad how you can break a board?" Jack gave him an enthusiastic smile and put one of their boards between two boxes. "Break a board!? I can barely cut a well—cooked fish!" "Just believe in yourself and do it!" "I can't! When I was born, my parents thought they've given birth to a baby bird! I mean tha—" "Do it Krupnick!", and with that Milton yelled at the top of his lungs and actually broke a board. "Holy Christmas nuts!" At the end Jack decided to however stay at the Bobby Wasabi and continue training with his real friends. It's the Wasabi code.

🤍

FEW DAYS LATER, THE DAY of the tournament finally came. It was located in the Black Dragon dojo, how ironic huh. When everybody sat down it was Eddies turn first. When he and Jack saw the guy Eddie was fighting, they were flabbergasted: "Wow! What do they feed you, brother!?" "You're going down!", the huge boy said in his deep voice.

Eddie practically said 'Uno reverse', ran up to the guy and flipped him over, earning the first belt to his dojo. Maddie felt like her jaw was on the floor: "What!? Seriously dude!? Watch and learn!", she got up from her seat and quickly warmed up. Kim gave her a good luck hug and a high—five: "Nunchucks are up next so show them what you've got Mads!", everybody at the Black Dragon proudly cheered for their best fighter. "This one's yours Mayfield! Go! Go! Go!", her sensei hyped her up and pushed her to the mats. Her turn was with Jerry.

They both curtsied and Maddie showed some of her best moves. Everyone in the room was looking closely as she did a backflip and a quick split, while the nunchucks were making sounds nonstop as she spun them all around her head. "Hi—yah!", the second she was done the whole room went into applause. Even some of the Wasabi kids were cheering for her. "Not bad señorita. Check this out. Whoo!", he was actually doing pretty good at start and they accidentally kicked himself where the sun doesn't shine and fell right on the floor.

Jack ran up to him the second he fell: "Hey man, are you okay?" "Everything is purple..", Jerry looked around the room like he just woke up from a three year coma. "You sure those aren't just your ba—", Jack was quick to cut off Maddie, until she could say anything more: "Maddie!" She threw her hands in the air and the referee caught one of them, announcing her as the winner of the second round.

As she was sitting back at her previous seat everybody congratulated her at some point. "That's my girl!", Kim said and pulled her best friend into another, but this time longer, hug. Maddie just chuckled at her and was about to say something when she heard Milton's dad yell: "I love you Milton!" "I love you too dad!", and they both drew an air heart with their fingers.

Milton ended up breaking double more boards than Frank could, and almost won a second belt to the Wasabi's. After everybody got up from their seats and cheered for him, he started showing off infront of the Black Dragons and pulled Frank by his gi, spinning him around. "Ah! Stop!", Frank was yelling at the top of him lungs but Milton just continued. "No! No! He's doing a nipple twister! That's illegal!"

And at the end, Milton lost the belt. So Kim and Jack had to do the vertical peg kick. "Go now Kimmy and kick his ass!", Maddie was clapping confidently for her best friend who just laughed at response and blew her a kiss. "I was hoping we'd be on the same team Jack, but now, I'm gonna have to take you down."

"You know, I think you have a little crush on me.", Jack said and smirked at Kim, who shot him a disguised look. "Ew? No!" "Yeaaaah, I think you do.", this time she smirked at him too, and just as he was about to do the peg Frank kicked the back of his knee, making him hit the floor with a loud thud and a yell of pain. Kim looked at Jack genuinely worried, which Maddie noticed. His teammates came running trying to get him up. "Rudy.. I can't get up." "Yes you can! You're the champ! You gotta get up! You gotta get up champ!"

"Rudy! I can't get up because you're kneeling on my leg!", he pointed to his knee and Rudy just got up like nothing happened: "Oh sorry, my bad." They helped him up and walked him over to their side as Kim came back to her side. "Okay scorpion. Go kick out that peg so we can say goodbye to Bobby Wasabi forever.", Ty looked at Kim who was still as worried about Jack as she was: "I'm not gonna do it. I quit." "What?", he looked really surprised at her sudden confession.

"You're nothing but a cheater, and a big baby.", who'd think that just those few words were enough for Ty to throw another little tantrum, oh right, Kim did. She took her black belt off and carelessly threw it on the ground. "Oh don't— Ugh!? Really!?", he said in his baby voice again. "Yeah, really?", Maddie got up from her seat and look at Kim. You could easily see the pain in her eyes. "Sorry Mads, I'll miss you.", and with that she just left her best friend standing there, in disbelief.

Even with an serious leg injury, Jack still succeeded to kick the peg off and scored his dojo the other belt which means that their dojo will stay after all. Maddie wasn't even that mad because they've lost the tournament, it was the betrayal of the only friend she ever trusted. It hurt her, it really did. But she had no idea that Kim's intentions were never to hurt her or anything like that, somebody just needed to put Ty in his place. But the only thing that Maddie currently is sure of, is that Jack took her best friend away from her. Looks like he's not so loveable after all.

🤍

A/N this chapter took an eternity like seriously I genuinely thought that it'll never finish it LMFAOAOAO butttt it was worth because I ADORE the way it turned out !! also just wanna let y'all get to know Maddie a little more by seeing her actual style :)

basically nothing way too much but some really cute outfits!! I think that's be it so bye bye guyssss <3

🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 17.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
956K 36.2K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
873K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
114K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...