Dragons, Weasleys and a Healer

By Chapter1991

In the aftermath of the battle, Hermione and Fred's friendship evolves into something more, but their budding... More

The Road Runner
The Weekend After
St. Mungo's
A New Job
Up and Left
Romania
Ginny & The Twins
A Weasley Visit
Owl
Write To Me
A Phone Call
Visitation Rights
Surprise
Presents
The Flat
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
The Minister of Magic
Tiny Dragons
The Law
An Announcement
Telling The Family
A Wedding and Goodbyes
Home

The Romanian Minister

403 14 0
By Chapter1991

Charlie and Hermione split up, trying to cover as much of the reserve as possible. They talked to everyone they passed and told them to tell the others. They informed them that the minister was coming, and they all had to put their best foot forward, clean the enclosures and answer questions if asked. It was half past 11 when Hermione and Charlie met again at the entrance of the reserve.

"Do you think we're ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be I suppose." Charlie answered.

"Nicolae and Max where just securing the enclosures while Dana and Levi where cleaning the little one's enclosure."

"Good, good." Charlie said absently, staring at the road ahead of them.

"Charlie." Hermione reached for his arm. "We got this."

"We got this." Charlie repeated smiling at her. "They're here."

Kingsley walked up with a sour looking man. He has short black hair and was as tall as Hermione but almost as wide as Hagrid. Hermione put on her best smile as they walked closer.

"Good morning, Miss Granger, Mister Weasley." Kingsley announced officially.

"Good morning, minister." Hermione and Charlie answered shaking his hand.

"May I introduce the minister of Romania. Minister Dumitru."

"Nice to meet you." He said sour in a thick accent. Hermione and Charlie shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Let's get started." Kingsley smiled as he ushered them in the reserve.

They walked in the reserve and started at the enclosure of the baby dragons.

"Minister, here are the ones we rescued when they were still in their eggs. With some of them we don't know what happened to their mum, but others like him -"

"Their mum was cornered and killed for her horns. She suffered at lot before she died." Hermione looked back at the minister. His eyebrows shot up for a moment before his face looked blank again.

"Let's get going."

They walked further down the path and reached the open enclosure of the grown dragons. They were roaring as we walked past. "Here are our adults. We will release most of them in a couple of months when they are fully healed."

"They don't attack people at random, only when feeling threatened."

"What about this one?" The minister finally spoke as he pointed to Nixi.

"Oh, this is Nixi. She only trusts women. She was captured by a group of male traffickers. And they starved and tortured her. As you can see -" He pointed at her neck. "- there, right on her neck."

Both of the ministers gasped as they saw a large star from her neck to her abdomen, still not fully healed.

"We are trying everything we can to heal it but it's not easy. We still don't know if she will make it."

"What happened to the people who did that?"

"They were captured but only to be released a couple of hours later."

The Romanian minster frowned as he looked at the dragon. His gaze turned towards Hermione. "Can you get in with her."

"Uhm. Yes." Hermione opened the enclosure and slipped in. She slowly walked towards her. "Hi, Nixi."

Nixi looked up and cocked her head taking her in. She blew at a breath and laid her head down in front of her. Hermione walked closer and stroked her head. "How you are doing, girl?"

There was a movement at the gate when the minister stepped closer to get a better look his eyes wide.

"Marvelous!" He cried out.

Nixi quickly shot up in the air and flew in a dark corner under the threes. Hermione sighed before plastering a smile on her face and walked out of the enclosure.

"Like we said she doesn't like men. The moment she sees one, she hides."

The minister gave a short nod and followed Charlie. Hermione walked a bit slower next to Kingsley.

"How do you think it's going?" Hermione looked up at the tall wizard.

"Hard to say. The minister is not a man of many words, but I think you guys are making an impact."

"I hope so." Hermione rubbed her hands nervously.

The next couple of hours they showed him the infirmary for the dragons, the cabin they lived in on the reserve, their food supply, their tour ended with Oco. Oco put his best foot forward and leaned against the terrified leg of the minister. Who slowly relaxed as he Hermione and Charlie explained his was bottle fed. Hermione even saw a small smile as he patted him on the head.

They were now sitting in the office building nervously waiting for the Romanian Minister to speak. The minister slowly took a sip from his freshly made cup of tea before setting it down and looking at the three of them. "I've made a decision." He finally said.

They all looked at the minister expectantly. No one dared to speak.

"I see how hard you guys work here and how hard it is needed. I wish it wasn't. I will talk to the court and put in a motion to strengthen the safety of the dragons."

"Minister." Hermione started unsure. "Believe me, I'm grateful that you will put in the motion, but I need to say it's not only dragons that need protection."

Kingsley pushed forward several paper across the desk. "Here, look at these. These are testimonies of several magical creature reserves across the country."

The Romanian Minister's eyebrows shot up as he took the paper. "Give a moment and I'll go over them."

The three of them stood up and walked out of the room. Hermione and Charlie slid down the wall and dropped to the floor. Charlie reached out and gave her a reassuring squeeze. "Even if he doesn't agree with the other magical creatures, it is still a step up, Hermione. It will change everything."

"He's right, Hermione."

"I know but I just want all of them to be safe." She dropped her head on Charlie's shoulder.

"I know." He whispered.

They sat in silence until the minister opened the door and let them back in. They quietly sat back down in front of him and looked at the still sour man.

"I've gone over the testimonies." He said evenly. "I will include all magical creatures in the motion."

"I'm glad to hear it minister." Kingsley said smiling.

"Since it's a weekend it will have to wait until Monday morning and then the court will deliberate."

"I'll see to it that I can be present on Monday."

"Excellent. Before I go, is there a possibility that I can see Oco again?"

"Certainly minister, follow me." Charlie said happily as he walked the minister out. Leaving Hermione and Kingsley alone.

Hermione led out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in.

"You did great Hermione. You and Charlie both did."

"Thanks." She sighed. "This was the most excruciating day I've had in a long time."

"Come on, let's save Charlie and get some dinner, alright?" Kingsley chuckled as he stood up.

"Yes! I'm starving." She laughed as her stomach rumbled when the tension ceased.

Kingsley took them to dinner at the village a couple of miles away. After he left, Hermione and Charlie went home and dropped on the sofa together.

"I can't believe it worked!?"

"We can." Two voices answered behind them. Hermione and Charlie turned around quickly. Fred and George were standing in the doorway smiling broadly at them. Hermione jumped up from the sofa and leaped into Fred's arms.

"Oi! What about me?" George whined next to them. Hermione gave Fred a sweet kiss before turning to George and hugged him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Kingsley sent us a patronus with the good news and we thought we pop in to celebrate." Fred answered and pulled out a couple of butterbeers and fire whiskey. "He got us here."

Hermione pulled the twins to the sofa and cuddled close with Fred.

"Tell us everything, love." Fred smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head. Charlie and Hermione launched in the story, telling them about the meeting with the two ministers.

"When do you leave?" Hermione asked looking at Fred with her big brown eyes.

"Since the shop is closed on Sunday-"

"We can stay until tomorrow night."

"What about Sunday lunch?"

"We told mum we would be working on the dragons all day."

Hermione smiled before pulling the both of them in a hug. "You two are amazing."

"So, you keep telling." Fred joked.

They spent the night talking and joking in the living room. Hermione's eyes started to fall shut.

"I think our dragon princess is a bit tired." She heard George joke next to her.

"Time for bed, love." Fred whispered. Hermione just buried her head in his chest. "You leave me no choice-"

And Fred picked her up, one arm under her legs while the other supported her back. He carried her easily towards her bedroom and placed her gently on the bed. He swiped her hair out of her face with his fingers before laying down next to her. Hermione rolled over so she was pressed against him, her head back on his chest. Fred smiled happily as his favourite girl was curled up next to him.

The next morning Hermione woke up with the smell of pancakes. She followed the scent to the kitchen where the three Weasley men were cooking.

"Morning, love."

"Morning, Hermione." The others called over their shoulder as Fred walked over to her and kissed her good morning. Hermione saw that the three of them were wearing aprons. Charlie had on his own, George was rocking her apron and Fred wore one from the shop, it was the same as Charlie's only in purple and orange colours.

"Hold on." Hermione said before running in Charlie's room. She grabbed George's camera and walked back in the kitchen. First, she took a candid when they continued flipping pancakes before calling them out.

"Say cheese!"

"Cheese?" Fred looked surprised as George and Charlie just smiled and called out "Cheese."

Fred shrugged and copied his brothers as she took the picture.

"How did you know I brought my camera?"

"When don't you bring it?" Hermione teased.

"Ha! Fair point." George brought over the first plate of pancakes. Hermione looked over at the counter.

"Are you planning on feeding the whole reserve?" On the counter where three more stacks of pancakes under a heating charm.

"We got a little carried away." Fred smiled as he sat down next to her.

"Yeah, a little." Hermione laughed as the others joined.

"We can bring the rest to the kitchens later." Charlie offered.

"I think they'll like that after the day they had yesterday."

Charlie and George volunteered to drop the pancakes at the kitchen leaving Hermione and Fred alone at the cabin, not that they would complain. Hermione led Fred to the garden. She transformed on of the lounge chairs into a double and laid down with him under a blanket. Fred cast a warming charm around them as the cold November wind sent shivers down her spine. Fred wrapped his arms around her while she leaned against him reading a book. They spent the whole morning together before George and Charlie popped up in front of them.

"Okay, love birds time to go." George pulled the blanket away from them.

"Oi!" Fred yelled while Hermione asked. "Where are we going?"

"To the small town a couple of miles away. George and Fred haven't visited yet." Charlie answered.

"Oh, you'll love it." Hermione said as she pulled a reluctant Fred up.

"Do we walk or apparate?"

"It's a wizarding village so we can apparate if you want but the walk there is beautiful."

"We can walk there and apparate back." Charlie suggested.

"Let me grab my coat and we'll be on our way."

They arrived at the village forty minutes later, the twins complained about their sore feet and grumbling stomachs while Hermione and Charlie laughed.

"Let's get some food for the little whiners back there." Hermione chuckled as she looked behind her. The twins were looking mopey as they sat on the first bench they crossed as they entered the village.

"We'll go get some food."

"Brilliant!" The twins exclaimed. Hermione shook her head laughing as they walked through the town in search for food. They arrived back ten minutes later with a couple of hot dogs and butterbeers. The twins absorbed their food.

"I see where Ron gets it from." Hermione crunched up her noise in disgust.

"Sorry, love." Fred gave her an apologetic smile. "You never told us-"

"It was so... hilly."

"Hilly? Well, this is Romania you know." Hermione laughed. "Now that you've eaten and took a break, you two ready to explore?"

Fred and George jumped up. "Yes ma'am." They grinned a stood on each side of her locking her arms in theirs. The twins were a bit sad that there was no joke shop, but they spent half an hour in an old toy shop while Charlie and Hermione browsed the book shop. It was getting dark and cold as they excited the last shop.

"Ready to go?" Hermione asked as she wrapped er arms around Fred and looked up at him.

"Ready to get back to the cabin, yes. Home, no." His smile faltered.

"I know but think of the positive." Hermione had a really difficult time not to say anything about the reserve in Wales, but nothing was certain, so she pushed the thought back down. Fred cocked his head and looked at her questioningly. "Not much longer and I'll be back for Neville's wedding."

"Can't wait to see you in a bridesmaid dress."

"And you in a tux."

"A tux?" Fred's eyes grew big.

"Well yeah. I love a man in a tux." She smiled seductively and she stood up on her tiptoes, brushing his chest lightly with her hands and whispered something dirty in his ear. His eyes almost popped out of his head as Hermione pulled back grinning.

"Freddie, you alright?" George and Charlie laughed, standing a few feet away. Fred shook his head trying to clear his head of the picture Hermione painted.

"Shove of you two." Fred called at his brothers. Hermione laughed as she ran up the George and Charlie and locked her arms with them standing in between, she looked over her shoulder and winked before turning back.

"Oh no you don't! You don't get away that easily." Fred ran after her. Before she could react, Fred swept her up and threw her over his shoulder. He looked back at his brothers grinning.

"Don't come knocking." And he apparated at the spot. Leaving behind his laughing brothers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
16.2K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
131K 3.6K 22
Disclaimer: I don't not own harry potter or the story plot or basically the story in general. All rights goes to the rightful owner: CrazyGirl47 Fred...
99.7K 2.8K 51
Hermione Granger determined herself unfit for love after being cheated on by her boyfriend, Ron Weasley. An unfortunate few months later she is vowed...