EVE

By Katty_0149

When a beautiful African girl just starting her adulthood is kidnapped from her country and sold off to the M... More

MAIN CHARACTER INTRODUCTION!
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Thirty-three

3.5K 136 46
By Katty_0149

(What demons are you running from?)

Eve

Maddalena too was dressed in a burgundy mermaid dress that mapped out her gorgeous body and accentuated her curves. It had a plunging v-neck that I could never dream of pulling off. She had on a ruby necklace, a pair of matching earrings, and bracelets. Her heels were of suede and they too were a deep ruby color to match her jewelry. Her hair was jelled back into a slick high ponytail. 

"We don't have time to make your hair look elegant so a wig will have to do. I'm thinking a long black wig preferably curly... no?" She spoke a little disappointed that she couldn't style my hair.

I nodded.

"Makeup won't be difficult. You already have such beautiful skin and I wouldn't want to bury it in foundation. We're just going to do something natural but still elegant. I'm thinking an ombre of different blues as eyeshadow, follow the line of your natural eyebrows, put on long eyelashes and a subtle blue lip...no?" She asked already having made up her mind.

Again I just nodded. Maddalena was trying to rebuild whatever connection we had before coming here... but I won't give in to her advance easily. I simply can't trust and that will never change. I can just pretend but never fully be her friend again.

"Great. Let's get started then." She said gesturing to the dressing table.

I have to admit Maddalena worked fast. In about forty-five minutes she had successfully installed a wig and was almost done with my makeup. Her forehead was creased showing her full concentration on the task at hand. With the last puff of setting spray, she took a step back and then smiled pleased with her work. She brought the jewelry to me and helped me put it on, her smile grew wider.

"Let's get you into your dress then you can gawk at yourself in the mirror." She chimed very giddily.

Getting into the dress was a little different because there was plenty of fabric but after a few shaves and pushes I was in and I couldn't help but feel expensive and elegant.

"Time for the shoes. These will look gorgeous on you." She said as she showed me suede heels the same color as my jewelry.

"Alberto better collapse when he sees you." She joked and I snickered.

"Yeah," I simply said.

I slipped on the heels and walked to the mirror.

"Wow."

"Damn right wow. You look like every man's dream. I would have been offended if you hadn't said so." She said with a wide smile.

"I look..."

"Again like every man's dream. You look breathtakingly ravishing." She praised me with her hands on my shoulders, holding me from behind her eyes looking at mine through the mirror, then she disappeared from my view.

"Don't forget the gloves and bracelet." She called from behind and freed me from my trance.

I walked towards her and she helped me get into the gloves. With a final click of the bracelet, I was set to go.

"Come on. We were supposed to be down there half an hour ago." She chuckled and I smiled.

She extended her hand for me and I interlinked our hands. Maddalena opened the door the chitter chatter happening downstairs came to a halt. My heart began to play loud African drums. I felt my breathing hitch and my hands began to tremble.

"Fuck. I'm going to collapse." I told my subconscious.

"You better not. You look too hot to be anxious" she responded.

"Take a deep breath and repeat these numbers after me," Maddalena whispered.

"14"

"14"

"9"

"9"

"248"

"That's random." I chuckled.

"248"

I felt myself calm down and my tremor slowed to a halt.

"Thank you," I said and she smiled.

"I'm your doctor. It's my job."

"Don't trip" my subconscious joked.

"Girl! Why would you put that in my mind right now? I'm about to descend a whole flight of stairs!" I yelled at her.

"It's a joke...And it would be extremely funny if you fell." She laughed.

"And embarrassing." I pointed out.

"Smile" Maddalena whispered in my ear breaking me out of my mind.

I smiled as elegantly as I could. I spotted the Don at the base of the stairs and some of the men had stood to look at me. I was the center of attention. All eyes were on me. I scanned the room to see if there were any looks of disgust or any taunting looks but I found none. I couldn't decipher what the men were thinking but some part of me knew it was all positive.

Why then wouldn't the Don's family accept me?

The Don stretched out his hand and I took it, a smile still plastered on his face. He had on a grin that looked painfully sincere.

"Alright time to fake it."

"It's all you babe. It's all you."

"You look breathtakingly ravishing." He whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"Your sister said the same thing," I replied smiling back.

"Did she? I guess we do think alike." He whispered again kissing my other cheek.

"This is the woman you wanted to meet. This is Eve. Eve, these are my business associates here in Mexico." He introduces.

"Say something classy then curtsy." My subconscious advices.

"Good idea." It honestly is.

"Pleasure to finally meet you gentlemen," I said with all the confidence I could master then as planned I curtsied.

The men responded with a bow and I was surprised. I didn't know what to do so I turned to the Don who had a prideful look on his face. I could see Maddalena in my peripheral vision smiling and nudging Angelo who too was in a burgundy suit. Angelo gave her a shrug and she smiled.

The men came one by one to greet me, introduce themselves, and tell me about their relationship with the Don. They would walk up to the Don bow then look towards me, extend their hands and I would extend mine likewise. Only for them to kiss my gloved hand and then converse with me still holding my hand.

I had never smiled so much in my life. My cheekbones hurt and my feet throbbed. I had been listening to these men praise themselves and the Don only to ask me a few questions like

"Is it your first time in Mexico?"

"How old are you?"

"How has the Don been treating you?"

"Do you enjoy luxury?"

"Do you come from a life of luxury?"

"Was this your first time on a plane? I know most African countries don't have functioning planes."

To which I answered

"Yes it is my first time in Mexico and the weather is great. I love it here."

"Oh has no one ever told you not to ask a lady her age?" This one they would respond by saying
"You're just a little too young to be standing with his man right here." And I'd just laugh and brush it off. Although one of the men went as far as to ask if I was over 18 to which the Don glared him to silence and he walked away.

"Very well, thank you for asking. I hope you treat the ladies in your life just as good."

"Yes, it would be an insult to say I don't."

"No, but I do come from a financially stable household. So I know a thing or two about budgets and priorities."

"No, it wasn't."

Some asked if I could read, others asked if I knew the difference between capital and investment, while others just wanted to know if I had ever seen a native American before. I had a few meaningful conversations. The older men were nicer and sweeter they asked about my comfort the most whilst the rest just asked condescending questions. During all of these conversations, I would turn to Don for support and he would pitch in. It was refreshing having him by my side. His support meant a lot to me today. How unfortunate that it is fleeting.

[AN]

Was it racism or ignorance?
Remember these are powerful men in Mexico and Italy. Would they assume that all Africans are poor?

Also my subconscious and I were talking about all the suspicious things Alberto (the Don) has ever said or done.

Please comment on them below I need a good laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 8K 40
"Get off of me!" I said to the tall man stood next to me. " Sir what should we do with her?" Suddenly a tall figure towered over me I wouldn't admit...
1.8K 55 35
"You want me don't you" after saying that she just come close to me and bite my earlobes which made me shiver and her hands slowly tangled with my ha...
80.2K 1.7K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
112K 2.2K 11
" I am pregnant," I said timidly caressing my flat belly hoping that he will be happy hearing the news. After all, he is going to be a father. He sai...