Lure and Eros /BTS FF

By LizSorora

On an island there exist two families that have been for decades against one another. An ongoing vendetta th... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

50 11 10
By LizSorora

The knock on the door disturbed the moment between Jungbook and Dana and made their attention get derived towards the entry just as Jimin made his way back into the room.

" I know you most likely would want a bit more time with each other, but there's a visitor roaming around the garden, and Veta is nowhere to be seen yet." He informed them as he was worried about the actions the unknown woman may do. If she was someone who felt comfortable around here, she may come roaming the place, and that definitely was dangerous for them at that moment.

" Visitor? Who is it? " Dana questioned him, and Jimin proceeded to lock the door before replying.

" She said she was Serenity, I think. I didn't engage with her. It could raise questions if a strange man is found in the monastery. I will text Veta and see where she is."

" Serenity, my cousin is here! " Dana's eyes sparkled momentarily with joy for she had certainly more than missed her but after she noticed the fear that travelled through Jungkook's face, she came to realise how much of a threat Serenity's presence was.

" You stay here, Dana. I will take care of it, just don't go near any window, please. " Jungkook advised her hurriedly as he made his way to the window in order to use that as his escape, for it would be better if he could avoid Serenity knowing that he was in the chambers of the monastery, while Veta was absent.

" Jungkook, please be careful. " Dana held his hand one last moment before he gifted her a smile and made his way outside the window, soon climbing down and reaching the ground safely.

Jimin hurried to close the window immediately afterwards and, along with it, the curtains, to reinsurer that no one's unwanted eyes would take sight of anything that didn't benefit them.

Jungkook rushed to make his way around the building and reach the entry gate of the monastery, where he took a pause to collect his breaths and appear nonchalant. He cleared his throat and placed a calm expression over his face, and then he made his way in, accompanied by a cheerful good morning greeting meant supposedly for Veta.

His voice reached instantly Serenity's ears, however, making her halt her steps. She stood there at the first step of the staircase she had just stepped on with wide eyes, and after a few seconds, that her brain needed to process the fact that the man she tried to kill just yesterday was standing not so far from her, she turned around to take sight of him.

Jungkook pretended to be slightly surprised by her existence there but allowed a smile to reach his lips as he witnessed her stepping down and approaching him with soft steps and a gaze that from lost started morphing into the gaze he recalled from yesterday night.

" How dare you appear before my eyes again? Have you no shame? " Serenity felt a current of rage travelling through her body at the sight and only of seeing him smiling.

" I had no such intentions, believe me. I didn't know that you would be here. " He reasoned casually, and Serenity just halted her steps in an attempt to control herself. She was in a holly place, and she shouldn't be starting fights while at the premises of the monastery, but she certainly wanted more than to start a fight at that moment.

Jungkook standing there safe and sound was a tormenting sight, for it reminded her of her failure as well as the unfairness that was eating her heart. Dana should have been able to smile like that if it wasn't for this monster that took her life away.

" You are lucky that no bloodshed is allowed in here or else -"

" Or else what? You would try to kill me again? " Jungkook cut her sentence off with a rather mocking tone in his voice, for no matter how much he understood her hatred, he had no plans of dying for anyone's sake.

The fact that he spoke so casually about the incident had Serenity grow even more furious, but as she was about to unleash some poisonous threats, Veta appeared at the doorstep of the main gate.

" This sure is a surprise. Both of you are coexisting at the same time without anyone trying to kill anyone. Should I consider this a miracle ?" She uttered seemingly happy as she made her way inside, carrying one bag of groceries in her left hand.

" Why do you even let him come here? Throw him out !" Serenity demanded, and Veta threw her eyes at Jungkook briefly before she responded to her friend.

" This is a place of shelter equally open to all the children of God, Serenity. Just because I live here doesn't mean I have the right to throw anyone out. "

" It's okay, Sister Veta. I can pass by later. " Jungkook showcased himself as the bigger person and took his leave after giving a small proper bow to Sister Veta as a sign of respect.

" I suppose you have yet to regret your behaviour." Veta addressed Serenity once Jungkook was gone, and then she walked away towards a small door that led to the kitchen ambient.

" Why are you even expecting me to regret it? I did nothing wrong. " Serenity followed after her, knowing the place well.

" If you did nothing wrong, then why are you here? This is a place to repent and grow better, one that can't even recognise their mistakes, has no business here. " Veta's words came off as cold, and Serenity couldn't help but feel bad at how hostile she seemed to be behaving with her.

" Veta ... please don't be like this...I came to apologise to you. I know I was a bit abrupt with you yesterday, but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. We are friends, and I care for you." Serenity showcased the vulnerability in her face as she spoke, but Veta turned around and faced her with an expressionless face.

" Once upon a time, I used to believe that you did care, but after yesterday, I started to think that I might have been wrong about you." Her straightforward reply hurt Serenity's feelings for even though she had spoken a bit abruptly to her, she didn't consider it something serious enough to make Veta so mad at her.

" I really don't understand why are you being like this. I said that I  was sorry, didn't I?"

" That's the problem, Serenity. You are not apologising for the thing you should be sorry about. You say that you care for me, but you didn't think of what kind of position you place me in. You asked for my help in harming someone. Did you think of the guilt that would fall on my shoulders if you had succeeded? Did you consider what you would be making me an accomplice to? " Veta went off to Serenity's surprise, for certain, she had never witnessed Veta complaining about a thing, much more looking so mad.

" I didn't obligate you to help me !" Serenity spoke in her defence, for she certainly was feeling like she was under attack by Veta's words.

And the truth was that she was right. Veta was not obligated to help her or anyone as far as Serenity knew yet the only reason she was manipulating both sides was for the sake of balance. This time too she was playing with her feeling and deliberately trapping her in a push-and-pull situation just to make get some kind of control over her. Veta had no plans to take any risks with her or anyone and thus her hateful feelings were just one more thing Veta had to find a way to keep at bay.

" Right... you can go then. Since you did nothing wrong. I won't see you out." She replied casually and made her way out with Serenity following after her in despair. She grabbed hold of Vera's arm upon the two stepped outside then she turned her around.

" That's not what I meant... Veta, please, you know you are the only person I can lean on. Please don't push me away." She pleaded, for Veta was the only friend she had left, and she didn't want to lose her over something trivial.

" Serenity, you are my friend, but that doesn't mean that I will support you in actions that are wrong. I know I did it yesterday, but I don't want to see you become a murderer. No matter if Jungkook deserves it or not, don't ask me to help you stain your hands with blood ever again." Veta's words were proving her to be the friend she had always appeared to be before her. A real friend and Serenity definitely appreciated that but considering the situation she was in, she didn't want Veta to keep her on the right road, for the clear path didn't have the satisfaction of revenge along the line.

" Whatever I am to become, it won't be your responsibility. You have always done your best for my good, but my soul won't rest until the day Jungkook stops breathing. I know it's wrong, but what you've known of me is already stained, Veta. You can't save me." Her voice broke as she admitted aloud the bitter reality for she herself had buried her innocence and kindness the day they had buried Dana.

No matter how sad it was and no matter how unwanted even from Serenity herself, she had changed. She had become like every other individual in her family. A Thirsty Soul for Justice. A prisoner of grief. A soul sulking in tears and swimming in hatred.

" If you wanted to be saved, anyone could save you Serenity. I understand that it hurts, but the choice remains in your hands. Give yourself some more time." Serenity's eyes got filled with tears as Veta spoke, placing her emotions in turmoil. A vicious battle full of anguish between the side of herself, she considered weak and was trying to erase and the other side that she knew she had to fuel if she wanted to avenge the death of her loved cousin.

" I won't give up on you, so please try not to give up on yourself either. I promise you, justice will prevail at the end. Just leave it in the hands of heaven." Veta brought her in a hug in order to comfort her, and Serenity burst into tears and sobs in the embrace she considered trustworthy.

A friend that was always so generous and welcoming with her, but unfortunately for her Veta was never so transparent with her or anyone.

--- To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 539 41
Only time will tell if we're meant for this.
10.5K 372 12
[COMPLETED[ Jungkook lies. He is in a relationship but feels nothing and seeks for lust and passion. He meets Jimin who doesn't do relationship but w...
42.6K 1.7K 11
A story about friendship turned to hate and a love broken by betrayal.
707K 36.6K 99
Sloth, Greed, Envy, Pride, Gluttony, Wrath and Lust. It was all because of those. And now, they are being hunted by their sins. The question is, who...