𝙊𝙓𝙔𝙂𝙀𝙉 -𝘼𝙊𝙐𝘼𝘿(on h...

By 0imjusthere0o

ON HOLD | ꜱᴜ-ʜʏᴇᴏᴋ ox·y·gen: a colorless, odorless reactive gas "if breathing stops, there is no oxygen get... More

Oxygen
ӨПΣ
Two
Three
Four
FIVΣ
Six
Seven
EIght 
Nine
ƬΣП
Eleven

Twelve

95 4 1
By 0imjusthere0o

Everyone one was in a corner all their glaze on the window and nam-ra walks in front of it before leaning as she looks at the table in the room.
"I heard that in some countries, they mourn adults more than do with children and in others, children more than adults. Which do you think our country is?"

"what do you mean?"Dae-su asked after the room went in a few seconds of silence.

"When kids die, you lose hope but.. when adults die, you lose their wisdom. Hope and wisdom. Which do we value more?"
Joon-yeong says but dae-su still was confused.

Hae-won was sitting next to Wu-jin in front of the table watching the window waiting for two boys to come back.

Nam-ra turns around to look at the helicopters fly overhead the city. "They've been flying all over the place since yesterday. They would have already saved us if they really wanted to. But even if they do come to save us, we won't get out first. We're just not important enough for that"

the room went silent listening to her words." we're students. That's it."

💟

An hour went by and Nam-ra went back to her spot at the table. Hea-won was getting worried for both of her friends and her hands were picking her loose palm skin and she drift off thinking about her sick mother.

It's been only been Hea-won and her mother for years, Hea-won didn't know much about her father but that he died in war when she was just a year old and she never asked her mother about him because her mom will always end up in tears talking about him.

And two year ago Hea-won's mother was diagnosed with cancer and it has been really hard on her body making her sick so her mother has been in the hospital for a year making hea-won work for the medical bills and the apartment bills since they had no one else. Hea-won only told her two best friends about it.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Wu-jin shaking her shoulder. "You all right?" she holded eye contact but she didn't get answer because su-hyeok climbed in the window, Hea-won ran up to him as the rest followed. "Su-hyeok!"

"Hey, Bare-su"
"Are you okay?"
"where's the phone and Cheong-san?" On-jo look out the window for cheong-san but saw no one.

Hea-won saw Su-hyeok was frozen in his spot so she grabbed his cold hand in hers and he looks at her with wide eyes. "where is he, Su-hyeok?"

He looks at everyone after taking a deep breath. "We got separated in the teacher's office. I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Are you serious!?Oh shit?" Dea-su gave a little shout and looks out the window with Joon-yeong.  Su-hyeok looks down at Hea-won hand holding his own and gives her a little squeeze. "I'm sorry for coming back alone" He looks at her before everyone else.

"Hey, come on" Hea-won pull him to a seat as everyone went to sit and On-jo stay by the window, waiting .

"Are you not mad?" He asks as his head was down in shame as he try to pull his hand away but she pull back. "Of course not, Su-hyeok you thought he was behind you." She saw he was still doubting. "hey look at me"

She use her free hand to lift his head by his chin. "His going to okay, you know how stubborn he is. his alive i feel it" She holded eye contact with him as he felt his cheeks heat up, su-hyeok looks away as she let hand fell back to her lap but he kept his hold on her hand.

She heard whispering from hyo-ryung and  Ji-min about On-jo. "what should we do?" "her and cheong-san are really close" Hea-won look at them before looking at her best friend and she got up but Su-hyeok hand pull her back down.

"Let me talk to her." He says as he got up letting go of her hand and joined On-jo by the window, both now looking out.

She watch them talk before looking away with jealously but then felt guilty for feeling like that especially from her best friend, making her sigh. Hea-won felt someone eyes on her and she saw Nam-ra.  Hea-won made her way to the table and sat across from her.
"Why do you look like that" nam-ra looked at her with confusion but before hea-won can explain on-jo started to talk to joon-yeong.

"Joon-yeong. didn't you mention that your science club made a drone?" He nodded
"Yeah. You want to look for cheong-san with it?"  he asked and Hea-won from her seat, grab on-jo's hand with comfort.
"could we?"

"Well, yeah. but it's in the science lab." He said before looking down in disappointment but on-jo had hope.
"We could go get it"

"How would we get it? It's crawling with zombies out there." He looked at the door but on-jo look at the window. "That"

"No way" Hea-won said standing from her seat, now holding a tighter grip on on-jo's hand.

"You want me to climb up on that"

"But there's are zombies in the science lab too"Hyo-ryung said and hea-won nodded her head along. "There weren't any in the supply room. Right?"

"Come on, On-jo, no way" She whispered to her. "That's true but..." He fabled nervously with his fingers
"We have to find Cheong-san. There's no one else besides us to start looking and rescue people." The room was quiet before Nam-ra agreed with her

"Yeah. It would be good if we had the drone. We can find Cheong-san and the can see how things are outside.We might even be able to send an emergency message and ask for help"

"Sure, that would be really great but-t who's gonna go?." Everyone looks at each other before on-jo lifts her head.
"I wanna go." Hea-won shakes her head at her but on-jo squeeze her hand in reassurance. "I took a fire rescue class, and I've climbed ropes before." She sended a small smile at her best friend

"No I'll go" Su-hyeok walk to the two girls. They both look at him with a frown. "No" they both say marking him look at them back and forth. "You already went out there. You can't keep putting yourself in danger"

"The drone isn't finished yet, we need to find a few more parts to run it. Do you know what to get?" Joon-yeong says looking up at everyone but they just looked at him. "Then I have to go anyway, I guess. I'll go with on-jo."

"No way. I'm actually going this time so stand back" Dea-su says looking determined but Wu-jin shut him down.
"you can't. He can't. The rope won't hold you."

"It was fine when I came down. But it'll snap if I climb up, right?" Wu-jin nodded and he nod back and went back to his spot. "Joon-yeong, Come with me" On-jo let go of her hand and started to walk to the window with joon-yeong but Hea-won grab her again but by her arm this time.

"No, stop its to dangerous"

"I'll go" Su-hyeok says but hea-won shake her head at both of them. On-jo stares at her and hea-won let go of her arm. "Thank you but I don't want you to be put in danger anymore,Hea-won I'll be stay as i can, I promise" On-jo walks to the window as joon-yeong climbs the rope.

Hea-won just walk to the corner of the room and sat with her back turn. "please come back" She whispered to herself. after awhile she felt someone sit by her. nam-ra grab her hand. "She not going far, she will be back" She said in an empty voice but squeeze hea-won hand softly.

💟

She was right and hea-won sighed as she saw the two climbed in with two big backpacks and joon-yeong got to work with the drone as he was done he put a note on top for anyone to see that they need help.

joon-yeong put something on his eyes and he pick up the controller as the drone started to fly. "I'll take it more outside after finding cheong-san" he send the drone towards the window.

"Wait a second. They say when people know their situation is hopeless that's when they despair" Nam-ra made everyone quiet as they all looked at her.
"sweet saying. But what does that mean."
Dea-su asked for everyone.

"Even if everyone in the world but us turned into zombies we can't fall into despair."
"Ahh. So that's what that means" Dea-su asked her again making hea-won side eye him.

"Nam-ra. It's best to make a plan and try to stick to it but we're not all top students, and we can't be as smart as you. Being logical isn't part of human nature." On-jo says, looking around the room.

"In a crisis, it's better to be logical."
"We need more hope than logic. Don't you think that's best right now."

"We can talked this later, go joon-yeong" Hea-won pat his shoulder and the drone was gone, She went and huddle with the others around the ipad, saw the other classes with zombies all in them.

Joon-yeong find an open window and went in the hallway but Wu-jin stop him.
"Wait. hold on. Is that an arrow" He pointed at a zombie with an arrow in is shoulder. Dea-su asked why and he looked at him

"My older sister. She had a competition today." 

After a few minutes they were losing hope. but then on-jo yelled out his name and they all stand up huddle up again. Su-hyeok yelled his name but hea-won holded his shoulder. "he can't hear you"

They watch him through the window as he was in a classroom holding a chair.

Su-hyeok jump up and down with excitement removing hea-won's hand from his shoulder and pulling her into a warm hug. "Hea-won, his alive you were right!"

She smiled and hug him back but she saw a glimpse of on-jo and pull back but he didn't let go, he holded her with his arm wrapped around her shoulder."Look this way moron!" Dae-su yells out but joon-yeong's shut him down. "He can't hear you, Dae-su!" Wu-jin also slap dae-su on the back of the head and hae-won let a quiet laugh.

"Didn't you say the batteries low" ji-min asked and joon-yeong nodded his head. "Now that we know for sure where Cheong-san is, let's go look somewhere else. You wanted to check outside and ask for help right? On-jo is that okay" on-jo nodded her head

Joon-yeong turn the drone around and they saw so much zombie's on the screen. "It's totally zombieland out there."

"I think we should look outside of the school grounds" as he did they saw a lot of abandon cars but Ji-min told him to stop. making everyone asked why.

"Wait just a second please" She started to cry and hyo-ryung asked her what's wrong. She shattered as she pointed at the screen."That... that's my dad's truck"
"which one the white one or black one?"
"white one, My dad's truck" On-jo try to comfort her.
"I'm sure there are lots of cars like that"

Joon-yeong flew went up to it and she start the sob as two zombies from the thuck try to get to the drone."My parents...."Everyone went quiet and hae-won put her head on her hands, Su-hyeok hug her.

On-jo hugged Ji-min. joon-yeong took the thing around his eyes off and the drone went down.

—————
(2067)
finally getting back to this book and i'm gonna finish it😍😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 4.1K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...
13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
56.5K 2.4K 21
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
22.2K 99 17
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!