Kismet: Book I

By niklovr

A tragic fire sweeps through Wyndemere and leaves the remains of Alexis Davis, Helena Cassadine, and Stefan C... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two

prologue

33 0 0
By niklovr

The moment arrived without warning. All of his life, he lived in anticipation and dread. He never wanted to be the Cassadine, yet here he was finally...The Prince.

He left the confines of his lake front hideaway and strolled down to the dock's edge. His legs dangled over the crystal blue water as he sat down. Reaching inside the front pocket of his khaki shorts, he pulled out the telegram. He already had the words memorized, but seeing them on paper made them frighteningly real. Taking a sharp breath, his eyes scanned the sad announcement once again.

"They're all gone," he choked. Sorrow filled his heart as he thought of it. His father, his grandmother and his aunt met a fiery death when a fire blazed through his father's estate. Dental records were the only means of identifying the three bodies and now, he would have to return to pick up the pieces.

Tears stung his eyes as he crumpled the telegram and flung it into the waves. Staring out across the horizon at the setting sun, one thought came to Nikolas Cassadine's mind. He had to go home.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.7K 41
Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life, until they're brutally taken from you, a...
1.3M 54.3K 35
What if everything you thought was once okay wasn't anymore? Jesse Farone has been in jail for 9 years for helping hide the evidence of Miranda Salic...
28.5K 409 52
It all started 7 months ago when Valentina belonged to the one and only Stefan Salvatore. Until she left, finding out the truth about the small town...
292 1 63
Originally written in 1998, this story addresses Nikolas Cassadine's frustrations amid the battle between his mother's choices and his Cassadine line...