The God's Gift {DXD MALE OC}

By juninDlaw

Before the great holy war, a certain deity came to create a weapon. The purpose of the weapon was to evolve... More

The Creator
The Next Monster
Bow to the new King.
The Fallen
Peerage.
GULP~
Fucking Crow
A whole Murder
Arrogance
The Leviathan
Asia Argento
Kagu-Tsuchi
The Orochi
Riser the Blondie

Kuoh Town

536 16 8
By juninDlaw

The City of Kuoh.

A pretty big city in Japan. The place where I've been living my whole life.

This life at least.

My name is Nathanael Narumi, half Japanese and half American.

It's been 14 years since I woke up/since I was born into this world. 14 years since I was in that hall, where I received my creator's message...

And being quite honest. Things have been more amicable than imagined. Even if this town where my father and I live is a nest for the supernatural.

I momentarily pull my glasses up, arranging them on my face.

At the moment I find myself in Kuoh's park, calmly reading.

Sitting on a bench in one of the yards in the park.

*Sigh*

I hear my dad sigh beside me.

"Son, why don't you go run around instead of reading?"

I just look at him from the corner of my eye.

"I Don't wanna. I haven't finished this book yet."

Narumi Hishiki, is a tall man, by Japanese standards, around 180cm. He has pale skin and black hair. His most notable feature would be his hazel eyes.

Which I inherited.

Hearing my answer my father simply chuckles and shakes his head at me.

"Well, at least you're not out there causing trouble like the kid next door."

Now that brings me a smile.

"You always talk bad about him, but he's not that annoying." I then close my book, talking to someone while reading is impolite.

"Last week I heard him yelling things that shouldn't be said by children Nathan. Please don't be like him." My dad looks me in the eyes, with a "serious" look... which I know is just a joke in the end.

"I'm already smart enough to understand what he's talking about Dad. But don't worry, I'm not a pervert like him."

This makes my dad break through his serious facade and start laughing.

He then ruffles my hair as he talks to me.

"Don't worry little man, I know how smart you are already. You're my pride and joy, you know?"

That makes me blush slightly.

"I know, but please don't keep saying that in public, it's embarrassing"

That's the kind of family program we usually have, going somewhere like this park, and just enjoying our time together. My dad works a lot, so he's not always home.

I am lucky to have been born into a loving family. Even if It's just my dad.

[Hours later, already at home.]

Now in my bed, ready to go to sleep. I can't help but think about that hallway again.

About my existence in general.

I'm not a normal human. And I doubt that's because of my father, or my mother.

I process information faster than a normal human. My physique is exceptional for a kid my age. The Sensei at the local dojo describes me as "A Millennial Prodigy"

And besides... I can faintly feel something... and I don't know what it is.

If I had to guess in the dark I'd say it's magic. Either that or some kind of Qi like in the manga I've read in the last few years.

And even with all that, I feel like I still don't understand my existence, shouldn't I be in contact with the multiverse? that's what Spectrum said at least.

*Sigh*

Another hour lost thinking about things that will be resolved in time.

Anyway, it's time to sleep.

And so my mind again drifts into the world of dreams.

[Morning of the following day, Saturday.]

I close the front door behind me.

At the moment my goal is to go buy the new edition of my favorite manga, Explorer X Explorer... huh, every time I think about the title I get a strange feeling, but it must be nothing.

"HEY NATHAN!"

I hear someone call behind me, I already recognize the voice.

As I look back I see a shorter, younger boy. My Neighbor, Hyoudo Issei.

I smile, greet him with a fist bump,

"Good Morning Issei."

The smiling child matches my fist bump and starts talking

"Let me guess are you also going to buy some manga?" He starts walking along with me, the bookstore being close to home.

I just nod my head,

"Yes, and I don't know why you even ask this, we do this every month" I look at my friend while arching my eyebrow.

Issei pouts, and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Oh shut up, I can't even make small talk in peace anymore"

I laugh lightly and start thinking as we walk.

Issei and I started to be friends about 3 years ago. Even though we've been neighbors for over 14.

Being a year older than the boy, I feel a slight obligation of being a good senpai.

Our friendship already started with me helping him outsmart [Punch] some bullies.

And since then we became fast friends, and we also go to the same school,

To be honest he's a nice guy...

"WOAH! NATHAN! Did you see how hot that girl that passed us was?"

When he's not being a pervert. I am sure that in the future the situation will get even worse.

I completely ignore my friend's words and keep walking.

[A few hours later.]

After some time talking and reading at the Bookstore, Issei and I parted ways. The boy is already needing to go home.

I keep reading, after all, I still have an hour until lunch.

And then, out of nowhere, I feel a chill again.

Magic-

TLIN TLIN

A small bell rings, signaling that someone has entered the bookshop. From where I am, which has a small sofa for reading, I can see the two people who entered the store.

Two girls about my age came in, one of them looks like a foreigner, judging by her red hair, which is very pretty by the way, and the other girl who is also very pretty is more up to the Japanese standard of beauty.

However, even with an apparent beauty, what most calls my attention is what seems to be their magic.

Red seems to have a little more than Brunette, but both still have a lot of magic.

The two chat as they enter. But right now I'm not paying much attention.

...they didn't come here looking for me, right? because I'm not sure I'm going to be able to kill two supernatural beings.

After a few minutes of the two of them talking, I notice that the two of them don't seem to even notice my presence in the store. And considering the owner is out back at the moment, I might have to say something.

Well, whatever happens, I'll do my best to come out on top.

I keep reading, quietly. Right now I'm reading a very interesting book called "Martial Guide", it's a great book by an old martial artist here in Japan.

He talks about the various struggles he had in his life, the styles he has learned, and the life lessons he has learned-

"Excuse me?" A sweet voice calls to me, it seems that I was very absorbed in my book.

And considering there are only two people in the store besides me, it looks like I'll have to interact after all.

As I look up, I see the brunette calling out to me, she smiles when she sees that I'm now paying attention.

she then continues to speak.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but my friend over there is having trouble finding a manga, can you help us?"

I glance up behind her quickly and see the girl in question with her face turned away, no doubt embarrassed.

"Sure, why not."

I get up and go with the brunette to where the redhead is.

"So which manga are you looking for?" I ask smiling slightly, and considering they're in the Shonen ward, I'll probably know which one it is.

The girl came out of her shame, and looks at me,

huh, she looked at me weirdly for a second.

However, she soon speaks

"W-well, the problem is, I don't know the name. But is it one with ninjas?" She looks uncertain,

Hmm, she's probably talking about Moruto. It's not my favorite, but it's okay.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know where it is, it's on the second floor of the store"

The girl's eyes sparkle with happiness for a second.

"THANKS!"

She then dashes to the stairs to look for the manga. Leaving me and her friend behind.

I chuckle, I have to admit I wasn't expecting an Otaku supernatural being.

The brunette that is next to me giggles and then looks back at me.

She extends her hand then.

"I'm Himejima Akeno, it's nice to meet you."

Looks like I can't escape anymore huh?

I shake Akeno's hand.

"Narumi Nathanael, but I prefer to be called Nathan."

She nods with a smile.

Well now that I'm interacting, It's better to make some friends along the way.

"So Himejima, you two are new around here?"

I gesture to the couch, gesturing for us to sit down, the girl looks a little surprised that I've started the conversation. After all, I look like a big introvert.

We sit down and she starts talking.

"Well I'm not, I lived nearby a while ago. But my friend Rias is new here so I'm taking her for a stroll by the town"

"Heh, by her reaction just now, just show her a manga and she will be satisfied with the trip." I smile, 

Otakus, at the same time easy and hard to please.

I know this because I am one obviously.

Akeno chuckles and shakes her head.

"Manga, Anime, figurines, or anything from Japan to be honest."

I laugh and before I can say anything, Rias appears.

"Akeno! Don't say things like that!"

The girl now has the manga she was looking for in her hands.

The brunette merely smiles slyly

A good half hour passed, and I grow to like both of them. They seem like good people.

Rias introduces herself to me properly and says she comes from Scotland... I slightly doubt that.

We talk a lot, and even though I can feel the magic coming from them they don't seem to be threats or anything like that.

Seeing the clock on the shop wall, I realize it's about time to go.

"Well, it's time for me to go," I say, interrupting the two talking back to each other.

The girls seem to be sad about it.

"Do you guys have phones? How about we exchange numbers?"

Their faces shine, especially Rias's. She sure isn't someone with many friends, it must be hard being a foreigner in another country.

And that's how I got two new friends.

[3 years and a few months later.]

"OH SHIT-"

BAAM

Thump

And with that, the fight ends.

"Damn Nathan! That was a good one" I hear Sensei scream in the background, I roll my eyes and help my opponent to his feet.

I'm currently at the city dojo. Here they teach Karate and Muay Thai.

Both by different teachers of course.

And with the last Spar of the day over, I say goodbye to the dojo staff and head back home.

These last few years have been quite interesting.

Especially this year now. Where I joined a new school at the request of my dear friend Issei.

Kouh Academy, the biggest school in town, maybe the outskirts too.

Once a women-only school and college, it now also accepts men. Getting in was pretty easy actually, the test was smooth... for me at least.

Huh, it's already pretty dark. I stayed too long at the dojo again, dad's going to kill me-

*CHILLS*

As I walk through the empty, dark streets of Kouh, I feel a chill again.

It's one of those demons without a doubt.

During the last few years in Kuoh, I've noticed a greater appearance of supernatural beings. But the most common ones would be these strange demons. Many of them don't talk anything at all.

And others say very offensive things.

Now here comes the question. Do I go after the demon... or do I go home to lie down in my dear bed-

*CHILL*

URh, and it looks like he's coming towards me.

Welp.

This is my life I guess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 106 14
Izuku yagi life wasn't great he was born prematurely so for his entire life he was indoors all the time never allowed to leave not even school so his...
137K 1.5K 24
What if the power of the strongest Sacred Gear in all existence was the ability to live your life as a game.... and what if that power was granted to...
10.1K 140 7
Here we go again... Hundreds of years ago a devil scientist cracked the code and was able to make advanced devils in order to put his species at the...
64.4K 2.6K 38
Akira had learned long ago that dreams were a pointless thing and wishful thinking a lost cause. The goal of her life had been determined for her by...