✅ Over Protected

By kittyangelabdl

Sarah is getting involved with the bad kids, and doesn't listen to her mum's warnings anymore. Mum is really... More

1. A Friend Loses Control
2. Mum Takes Charge
3. A Baby Tells Lies
4. Mum Makes the Rules
5. Sarah Tests Boundaries
6. Classmates Ask Questions
7. Alice Supports her Family
8. Sarah Makes Excuses
9. Mum Diapers her Baby
10. Alice Sneaks Around
11. Sarah Shares A Secret
12. Mum Offers a Compromise
13. Madison Shares her Secrets
14. Detectives Discuss Theories
15. Alice Asks the Internet
16. A Mom Explains the Plan
17. Alice Takes Treats
18. Alice Takes Charge
19. Mum Admits her Mistake
20. Sarah Makes Plans
21. Alice Doubts Herself
22. Mum Shares her Suspicions
23. Alice Takes Risks
24. Alice Makes Demands
25. Mum Tells a Lie
26. Alice Tests a Feeling
27. Mum Comforts her Little One
28. Plans Move Forward
29. Alice Sees her Future
30. Sarah Reassures her Baby Sister
31. Friends Share Toys
32. Friends Share Secrets
33. Parents Share Responsibility
34. Mothers Trade Places
35. Babies Learn Words
36. Friends Ask Questions
37. Penny Plays a Role
38. A Detective Checks her Theory
39. Mummy Makes Suggestions
40. My Friend Tests a Theory
41. Alice Learns a Lesson
42. Penny Gets a Treat
43. Babies Play Games
44. Mummy Needs Help
46. Sarah Plays Around
47. Sisters Share Secrets
48. Baby Enjoys her Lifestyle
49. Mummy Offers Treats
50. Babies Meet New Friends
51. Everyone Gets Wet
52. Big Kids Fool Around
53. Mummies Learn New Tricks
54. Alice Likes Fish
55. Alice Loves her Family
56. Sarah Finds Out
57. Sisters Explain Everything
58. Everyone Considers the Details
59. Girls Demand Answers
60. Everybody Respects Alice
61. Babies Wind Down
62. Good Girls Save the Day
63. Mummy Takes Control
64. Looking Forwards

45. Sarah Treats the Babies

538 13 1
By kittyangelabdl

Mummy made dinner before she went out. Sarah had some homework still to do, I think, so we didn't see her for a little while. I was watching cartoons with Penny and Lyra, and we all got a little bit giddier. I wasn't sure how much of that was because we were having fun with our friends, and how much was from whatever Mummy might have done to baby us. But I didn't care, and I knew that was something I didn't need to think about. I could just play along, doing whatever came naturally, and that was all I needed to think about. My mind was free to live in a land of make-believe, with cartoon characters, dreams, and silly games.

Dinner was fun as well. We had crunchy dinosaur shapes, playing in a little forest of mixed veggies. That was something we didn't have often, even since I'd become a baby. An occasional treat for the little ones; and I didn't push it because I knew that Mummy sometimes talked down to both of like we were little kids when we were eating this stuff, and there was a limit to how much Sarah was willing to play along or put up with the silliness for the sake of her little sister.

I was so happy when I saw that we had something childish to eat today. Even more so when Sarah came around to sit beside me and started helping to cut up my food for me. I didn't really need that, and she knew that I didn't, but I think she might have actually started to understand that I enjoyed being treated like a baby. She understood that this wasn't just something that Mummy liked doing, treating us like kids, but something I wanted too. Or maybe Sarah had figured out that if she wanted Mummy to talk to her like an adult, then helping to look after the little ones might make it easier.

A part of me wanted to know what they had talked about before they came down for dinner; but that was grown-up stuff that I knew I didn't need to know. Not needing to know everything was the most fun part of being a little baby, so I wasn't going to ask any questions.

Lyra tried to feed herself, and looked more than a little frustrated when she couldn't get the little blunt knife and fork to go where she wanted them. Her coordination had been getting worse over the last week or two, but I hadn't realised that it was getting so bad. Mummy sat down beside her and leaned over to cut up the dinosaurs. Then she put a fork into Lyra's hand and guided it, so that she could feel like she was feeding herself. That was so sweet, and I was just a little bit jealous. Maybe that was why Mummy had asked Sarah to help out; so that Lyra didn't feel like she was the only one not coping.

I glanced over quickly at Penny. She was laughing just a little, and seemed to be mashing her dinosaurs more than cutting them up, but I was almost certain she was just playing along for fun. Like I was, really. We could all still be friends, and maybe realising that dinnertime could still be fun would make Lyra a bit more comfortable.

We did make a bit of a mess. But with the grown-ups looking after us, we weren't in too much of a state. After dinner, Mummy came around to wipe bits of turkey and mashed potato off Penny's face with baby wipes, and then Sarah gave me the same treatment, before attending to Lyra. And then it was time for Mummy to go. I was a little bit sad about that, but I was looking forward to letting Sarah look after us. She'd seen me in full baby mode a few times, and had been willing to help out before, so I knew I didn't need to be embarrassed. Still, it was just a little bit different with my friends here too.I was excited, not quite sure how this evening was going to turn out.

"I'll see you later, Alice." Mummy waved bye-bye, and I raised both hands over my head to wave back. I was sure that I was getting a bit baby-brained again, but there was nothing big for me to worry about. Maybe, if I was being the little one tonight, that might help Lyra to learn a bit more responsibility. But it was only a couple of minutes before all those thoughts evaporated, and I wasn't thinking about anything but having fun with my friends. "See you later Penny, and Lyra. You all be good for Sarah, okay?"

"Yes Mummy!" I cheered, and then she was gone.

"What do you want to do now?" Sarah asked, and my eyes went wide as I started thinking about all the options; all the fun things that we could do now that Mummy wasn't watching us, even if my head was just a little bit too fuzzy to think of any of them right now.

"Watch telly?" Lyra suggested.

"Can we play with dolls?" Penny asked, at almost the same time so I couldn't tell who said their idea first. Both ideas sounded great to me, and I didn't know which I would prefer.

"How about both?" Sarah said. And while we were still trying to guess what she meant, she lifted out a couple of newer dolls that I'd seen but not actually played with much. They were special, Mummy had said, and I should save them for when I had friends round to play with. The cartoon that she was putting on TV was Teddy Lupin, about a magic Canadian teddy bear travelling all over Europe and sneaking into rich people's art galleries to make them better people. I'd kind of heard of it before; it was a remake of a show that had been popular long before I was born. I remembered somebody had shown me one of the ads for the old dolls, where the fanciest one had a tape player in so that if you pressed play when the TV told you to, he would talk along with the stuff on the screen. These new ones were much fancier, and used some kind of science I didn't really understand to make them talk. And when I didn't need to try and understand, I knew it would seem like the dolls were really alive.

Lyra giggled the first time the doll I was holding replied to what the little girl on the TV screen was asking. Maybe she hadn't seen the ads, so she didn't know what was going to happen; or maybe she was just so giggly and excitable that even the littlest things seemed wonderful to her. But as we watched, I knew that this was going to be an extra special game. The dolls asked us questions, and played along with the robbery happening on the screen as they tried to redeem Baron Dunkelschwarz. The dolls asked us questions as well, like asking how many fingers they were holding up, and they praised us for being super smart if we got the right answer. After a little while, we were all just as excited as Lyra. It was amazing how good this show was, and how much fun it was playing along with the dolls. Penny laughed sometimes, in between the special bits. And I could guess that she could see how it worked; how the show would have worked just as well without our "help". But I was feeling extra fuzzy after wetting my diaper, so to me it was just incredible, and it felt like the people on the TV really were talking back to us and our little dolls.

I did start to get my big girl thoughts back after a little while. One of the first things I noticed was that Penny probably knew a whole lot more than I did already. And the next thing was that after lifting the special dolls out, Sarah had gone out into the hallway and I didn't think she'd come back to check on us yet. Maybe she should have checked on us, because I knew it wasn't so normal to leave three babies on their own. But we were having fun, so I didn't think it mattered too much.

"Yeah, don't worry," I heard her voice faintly from the hallway, and strained to hear what she was saying over the faint music that accompanied Teddy climbing through an air vent into the museum. "They're like babies now, they won't remember. And Mum's going to be out for hours, it's like we've got the house to ourselves."

I wondered who she was talking to. It must be somebody on the phone, because I hadn't heard the door open. But maybe I'd just missed it; it wouldn't be that hard to get distracted by the TV and not hear things happening in the real world when my baby brain was completely turned on. Still, I wondered what my sister was up to, even if I couldn't make a guess at that point. And then Teddy set off an alarm. The little Teddy in my hands called out "Oh no!" and asked us all to put our hands over our eyes so that the guards wouldn't see him, and I played along immediately. I dropped my hands again when I heard Teddy – the one on the screen this time – say that he'd gotten past the guards, and by then any thought of asking what Sarah had been doing had vanished from my mind. It was so exciting watching a phantom thief in action, and it was even more fun when our very own Teddy and Delilah were telling us how to play along. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I might have known that it was all just a show; but I was so excited to play that I didn't think about anything else at all.

"Behind the cushion!" Lyra yelled, standing up and pointing at the screen. We were looking for the magic key now, and we'd all seen it, but Lyra was the first person to say anything. We shouted along with her, calling out in the hope that the detectives on the TV would see it. And then the Delilah doll told Lyra what a clever girl she was, and asked if she wanted to be a detective when she grew up. The whole experience was so much fun, and I knew that I didn't even need to think about anything else. The whole evening was going to be wonderful; with all my friends, and new dolls, and maybe my big sister too. We were having so much fun that whatever happened, it was sure to be amazing, and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.

And when I heard the door open, I didn't even remember my earlier guesses about who was going to be here. That was grown-up stuff, and I didn't need to think about anything but Teddy Lupin and his quest to steal back the Portrait of Lady Voleuse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 93 5
Kaede Serinuma is Kae Serinuma's twin sister. Kaede went to be a fashion designer when Kae was in middle school, but came back when Kae in her 2nd ye...
16.1K 629 26
Neha Hoque, someone who has gone through trials and discrimination regarding her faith but has been blessed with a new life. Haadi Hassan, the local...
17K 1.5K 23
"Tell me what you know about it. Tell me everything." Vikram orders sternly, looking down at the scared kid with a deadly glare. "I....I don't know...
7.9K 419 18
"You've got to be kidding me," Draco muttered under his breath, staring at the door of his room, his fingers were trembling, his body shaking, and hi...