💕THE BREEZY SILENCE OF LOVE...

By missshruti13

What if Kunti's firstborn was not got by Adirath but instead the child was taken by Ayodhya's king?? What if... More

💕PROLOGUE💕
👑THE ORDER OF THE CROWN PRINCE👑
😧WHY IS HE HERE??😧
🥺I POISONED BHEEM🥺
💕THE VICTORY OF ROYAL PRINCE💕
💕THE BONDING💕
🤔WHAT HAPPENED IN KALING?🤔
💫RETURNING TO HASTINAPUR 💫
💫SUBHADRA'S OPTIMISM💫
🤔GLIMPSE OF FIRST MYSTERY🤔
🙃THE POST-WEDDING GAMES🙂
💖SHANIDEV'S ANUJ❤️
🌜AYODHYA'S PAST🌛
💔THEM💔
🥰THE CLUE TO FIND💞
📚DISCIPLE OF SHUKRACHARYA 📚

🥰❤️THE ROYAL LADIES❤️🥰

2.1K 127 74
By missshruti13

The Hastinapur palace was bustling to welcome the royal Prince Vasusen and his new wife Draupadi who were arriving the next week. And to meet the Ayodhya Royal couple, many kings, Princes, Princesses and Queens were arriving making the workload usually higher.

The Royal Sabha was adorned with all the important officials, the Pandavas and the Kauravas. Subhadra sat beside her husband silently analysing and judging everyone when Dushasan nudged her. Irritated, she sneered,"What now Bhrata Dushasan?" He passed her a few laddoo making her doe eyes grow wide. She exclaimed,"What in the name of God? Why are you eating when Sabha is happening?"

Dushasan said,"Oh come on Monkey! King won't give any big responsibilities to Kauravas. He assigns big big works to Pandavas and he'll give any one simple work to Bhrata Duryodhan making Bhrata angry and mad. He'll fight the whole sabha and get out not even...." Subhadra sneakily munched the laddoo and listened to Dushasan but Duryodhan glared at both of them to be silent.

Subhadra looked at her husband who sat there with almost responsibility, respect and eagerly waiting for any important work to be done to prove himself. She noted this and snapped her head towards Mahamantri Vidur when she heard,"So, Prince Yudhistir will handle the overall ceremony. Prince Yudhistir, which department do you want to take?"

She stood up saying,"And why is that question only poised towards Prince Yudhistir? Why is Prince Duryodhan not asked anything? From what I've known, both are competing for the Crown Prince title, right?" The whole Sabha went silent. Duryodhan looked at his talkative wife with wide scared eyes. What the hell happened to her? She is supporting him, not the Pandavas there?

Mahamantri Vidur strongly said,"I believe Prince Yudhistir will give his 100 percent and surely give everyone their respective departments, Princess! You can sit down!" Subhadra's temper ticked in her veins. She said,"And excuse me for this, Mahamantri! Who is Prince Yudhistir to judge my husband and give him work? If anything is going to happen, then I need my husband there to overlook the ceremony. If you ask me, My husband is a more practical man when compared to Prince Yudhistir who will hang on his dharm as though his life depended on it!"

The Pandavas had their mouths opened in shock. Arjun exclaimed,"Subhadra, what the hell are you talking about? You can't degrade Bhrata Yudhistir like that!" Subhadra didn't pay any attention to the man. She said,"All Hail to Maharaj Dhritarashtra, I, wife of Eldest Kaurav Duryodhan asking Justice for the partiality happening towards Kauravas. Why is it always Pandavas who had to head everything when anything happens? Why can't Kauravas take the lead once? What wrong they might do?"

Duryodhan's shocked eyes widened a little more. He didn't know what this little monkey was trying to do? Dushasan's laddoo was already on the floor in shock. Does Laddoo gave Power to his sister-in-law? That means he should've been the most powerful since he has been eating in the sabha from the start! Bheem stood up saying,"Subhadra! Are you finally brainwashed? I know he'll do these types of things. See how much you're talking!" Duryodhan's fingers curled and before he could retort, Subhadra was already walking towards Bheem.

She said,"I do not want to fight with you. But believe me, even my brothers won't dare to raise their voice if I'm angry. It won't end well!" She turned towards Yudhistir asking,"Prince Yudhistir, do you find yourself as the Crown Prince already?" The question jolted the entire existence of Yudhistir. He calmly said,"No Subhadra! I don't think myself as the Crown Prince!" Subhadra smiled saying,"Then why would you accept the leadership when the competitor is on the other side? Don't you think it's adharm to leave your competitor with nothing but your own choices?"

That's when Yudhistir thought about it. Yes, it has been him always the Hastinapur Royals favoured. He never once questioned why Duryodhan was not given any preference? In fact, he had rejoiced in these and blamed Duryodhan saying he was very childish when he fought for his rights? Own rights!

His head hurt at the mere thought and he heard Subhadra,"If you're praised for maintaining your four brothers United, then my husband must have been given the title of Crown Prince already for taking care of his 100 brothers, their needs and also one sister! That's a plus point. He can understand women's emotions more than you because he has taken care of his sister very well. Me too!".

Hastinapur Sabha trembled on hearing the voice of Subhadra. It was eerily calm and cheery which made Yudhistir bristle within himself. He looked at her emotionlessly but smiling serenely at Pandavas she turned towards the King and Queen casting a daring glance at everyone.

Pitamah Bheeshma gave one narrowed eye look saying,"What if something goes wrong?" Subhadra wants to kick everyone for their insensitivity. She smiled again with great difficulty saying,"And why would you assume anything bad will happen? We're talking about Kuru princes here! They won't make any mistakes. Even if they made any, please this is their first time and surely there would have been several mistakes when Prince Yudhistir did it on his first time!" Dronacharya said,"When Yudhistir organised, he was only 17 years old. So we don't mind!"

Subhadra exclaimed,"Yes exactly! You hadn't given any chance to Elder Kaurav Prince to organise anything. Even if anything bad happens, I'll announce to the guests about the partiality that happened to my husband and offer my heartfelt apologies!" The stunned people didn't react for a few minutes. It was Yudhistir who broke the silence. He stood up with folded hands saying,"I think Princess Subhadra is right, Maharaj! This time me and my brothers follow whatever Duryodhan says!"

Subhadra smirked but winced when Arjun shouted,"Bhrata! What in the name of God you're talking about? It has always been you, Bhrata!" Yudhistir tried to control his brothers except Sahadev who sat calmly without any tantrums. Subhadra exclaimed,"Wow, Prince Yudhistir! If it had been my husband he would just have to look and all his 100 brothers would recoil. Seems like your brothers don't obey you often like it is said outside! Pity!" Kaurav brothers mentally cheered for their sister-in-law ! Wow, they never knew their talkative monkey sister-in-law was this mature!

Finally Maharaj Dhritarashtra announced,"This time, Eldest of Kaurav Duryodhan will overlook the ceremony and Pandavas will follow his instructions! Sabha dismissed!" Bheem, Arjun and Nakul glared at Subhadra who politely bowed and smiled sheepishly at them. She waved at Sahadev who chuckled at her and waved back. Such a little monkey she is! No wonder Bhrata Duryodhan always bickers with her.

Duryodhan raised from his seat motioning his brothers to move outside. He couldn't believe he had got to arrange everything. He took a deep breath before a childish happy smile broke on his face. He looked towards his wife who was on her way to her chamber.

He followed her and when she entered inside, he carried her from back circling her making Subhadra scream. Maids who saw this, blushed and stuttered in shock. Prince Duryodhan never entered his wife's chamber. They all hurriedly went away giggling too much with one maid winking playfully at Subhadra who was blushing brightly.

She slapped his arm saying,"Arya! What was that?" Duryodhan who was in a happy mood didn't even acknowledge any maids or anyone. He held her shoulders saying,"You..you gave me the most precious gift! Nobody gave me the responsibility but you made them give me! It's... I'm so happy! Thank you so much!" Subhadra watched her tough and cruel husband tearing up slightly. Her heart bloomed softly on seeing his vulnerability. She said,"Arya, It's okay! I'm your wife! I'll always be by your side! Now go and make the preparations. I don't want any Pandavas to mock me if you make any mistakes!"

Duryodhan's heart constricted. He looked so lost for a moment. Yep, now his wife's reputation is in stake. The woman who supported him... He nodded his head and said,"Okay! Take some rest! I'll meet my brothers!" As though understanding his inner turmoil, Subhadra called her man who was moving outside. When he turned, she blushed prettily at his intense look but said,

"I trust you, Arya! You are always the best!"

Duryodhan smiled softly proceeding to move away not before winking at her playfully making Subhadra fall on her bed squealing loudly. Her husband is too handsome to resist sometimes..

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

AYODHYA:

The Sabha of that day session opened. Aditya was mad, God he was very very mad. The commander in chief of the kingdom should be present before the arrival of King and Crown prince but there is no trace of Vasusen in the palace from the morning. And within a few minutes, the Court session is going to start and still there is no sign.

Draupadi who was sitting in the cushion seat looked beside her only to find it empty. Even though her husband never acknowledged her, she felt safe with him. Suddenly the blaring music blasted from the royal musicians when they saw the silhouette of their royal Prince.

Each and every member in the court raised up in respect greeting the coldest Prince making Draupadi to stand up as well. The Royal Prince simply acknowledged everyone's respect but closed his eyes when he saw the girl he married standing up for him. He ordered,"The commander in chief's wife should stand up only for King, Queen and Crown Prince and his wife. Take your seat Princess of Panchal!" Panchali narrowed her eyes.

First of all, he came late. Secondly, he didn't apologise for making everyone wait. Third, and what was that? A new rule of not standing up? It's not even in Ayodhya's rule book. She flexed her pallu correctly tilting her head asking,"Leave it aside, Prince. Where is your apology first?"

The whole court gasped including Aditya. No one dared except him. Nobody dared to question his brother except him. But the Panchal Princess fired her question not in a timid tone but... God the arrogance!!

Vasusen's neck snapped up at the question. His eyes took her frame with an amused eyebrow raise. Her posture was too arrogant, her hands were folded on her chest, her doe eyes were narrowed in slits.

Since being the person who should be answering, he cocked his eyebrow arrogantly saying,"Who are you to ask that??" Panchali grinned at her husband. Wow, is he an easy person to be riled up? She descended downstairs walking towards him saying,"I wish you would say the answer, Prince! Who am I to you??"

Niyati slapped her husband's arm who was trying to control their giggles. The Crown Prince's wife was watching the Princess with fascinating eyes. Maybe that attitude will help in changing her brother-in-law. She looked at Draupadi with hopeful eyes. "Come on Draupadi! You can do it!", She mentally cheered.

The Tawny eyes coldly glared at the princess. Aditya already sat comfortably watching the drama. Well it's not a regular stance when someone stands arrogantly before his brother without their head being chopped off. Vasusen Karn glared at her coldly stating,"You are my bride!"

"Bride?? What, are you still in the festive mood, Prince? Back to reality, our wedding is over. So I'm your dearest wife from now on!!", Draupadi said with the most innocent grin she could muster making the Elders cough at her boldness. Vasusen didn't react but the roll of his tongue inside his cheek denoted how much he was pissed and embarrassed. 

He uttered,"I apologise for coming late, Your majesty! I was caught up in my prayer. But I swear I didn't do it on purpose!" The King nodded saying,"I think your wife caught you, Senapati. So, I think she'll be providing you with today's punishment!"

Draupadi smiled smugly at her husband whose eyebrows twitched in annoyance and anger. She exclaimed,"Thank you, Your majesty! Should we excuse ourselves?" Vasusen muttered,"No! You give punishment in front of everyone! I don't mind!"

To his utter shock, the girl scoffed at him saying,"Oh please! I am already embarrassed here because you're late. And you want me to embarass myself more by giving you punishment and making you imperfect. I don't know about you Prince, but if my father heard about this he'll be like,

"I already said don't marry that Prince. See, he can't even attend the court punctually!"

And oh the horror, I'd rather embrass you in my personal chamber but not before anyone because embarrassing you will bring embarrassment to myself!!"

For the first time somebody disrespected and Vasusen's hand didn't go to his sword. He watched the girl before him deeply searching for an ounce of fear but all he saw was the overconfidence and arrogance. Her eyebrows raised gracefully at his judging look. He said,"I accept whatever the punishment is, Princess!" Draupadi smiled saying,"You should not cross the borders of Ayodhya for a week until we get ready to go Hastinapur, Prince! This is the punishment. Unless it is emergency, you're not allowed outside but to stay inside Palace taking care of your works".

Vivaswan smirked proudly. His daughter-in-law is such a brain! He nodded happily nudging his wife who nodded her head too happily. Vasusen nodded his head saying,"As you say Princess! Shall the Sabha start?" Draupadi nodded her head and followed him to sit beside him. Sabha started and both of them read their scrolls carefully to address the day's duties. Draupadi looked at her scroll which said,"Gifts for ladies!" And what is that?

She elbowed the Royal Prince Vasusen who looked at her in shock. She just did not elbowed him in front of everyone, right? But by the way his sister-in-law is giggling, he confirmed that the Panchal Princess had exactly done that. He raised his eyebrows making Draupadi lean in and whisper,"What is written in my parchment? I didn't understand, Prince!" Vasusen leaned to look at the parchment in the hands of Princess. Aditya whistled lowly. They look like some romantic couple. Vasusen glared at his brother but said,"We're going to Hastinapur. And we should gift the royal ladies! That's what it denotes!"

Draupadi then didn't disturb him. She occasionally listened to other ministers explaining their duties but wrote some key points she's going to present in the parchment carefully. The announcer boomed,

Princess of Panchal, The youngest Royal as of now, wife of Royal Prince and Commander-in-chief Vasusen Karn and the head of School Education in Ayodhya will report her today's duty...

The King and Queen took the parchment settled before them labelled as Draupadi. That too had same wordings as Draupadi's parchment. She walked down from her throne towards the centre. She greeted the others with pretty smile saying,

I politely greet the great ministers, scholars and talented officials of Ayodhya. All Hail to Maharaj, Maharani and future rulers. A special mention of thanks to Commander-in-chief and younger Royal for helping me out.

Now that, Me and Commander-in-chief are invited for the Hastinapur, as a bigger kingdom it's our custom to provide our support to our ally. I'm in charge of gifting ladies.

It has been several years since Ayodhya royals went to Hastinapur but the last time the treasury was almost emptied because of gifting royal ladies of Hastinapur with lavish things. So, this time we're being careful. A red royal saree for all the royal ladies of Hastinapur, with a gold chain for them. Since there are 2 competing Crown Princes, but only one is married, Princess Subhadra, wife of Prince Duryodhan will be getting Ruby earrings, gold necklace and royal red saree of Ayodhya. Finally, Maharani of Hastinapur, Devi Gandhari will be getting 4 necklaces made of gold, an anklet, a yellow saree that denotes a peaceful relationship and Ruby earrings. This is my idea but if it had to be changed...it can be done! Any doubts?!

Vasusen looked at the woman in wonder. Those are exactly his thoughts! How did she caught that? He raised his hand saying,"I approve the youngest Royal's proposal, Maharaj! It's nothing but perfect!" If Vasusen itself is satisfied, that's it every minister, even King and Queen paced their thumb on royal parchment in approval. Aditya gave a thumbs-up to his sister-in-law proudly who smiled at him. Draupadi looked at her husband who motioned her near him. She raised her eyebrows but reached him asking,"How can I help you, Prince?"

Vasusen gave one nod of acknowledgement saying,"Can you announce the Gifts for men too? You seem to be good in it! I'll take care of other things!" Draupadi gaped at him. Wow, this is the longest sentence he had talked with her without glaring or something.

Draupadi proceeded to announce the Gifts supposed to be given to Hastinapur male Royals..

To the men of Hastinapur Royals, the 99 Kauravas and 4 Pandavas will be getting Royal red Angavastra with... Excuse me! Wait..no this much wealth was not needed. Instead of wealth we can give them a single ring adorned with a Ruby. For both Princes Duryodhan and Yudhistir, they will be getting Royal red Angavastra with the books on External affairs for Prince Duryodhan and rich golden chain for Prince Yudhistir. The King will be getting a yello Angavastra with a border treaty and few military soldiers and basic equipments. These soldiers will be changed frequently and they'll be still the citizens of Ayodhya. Mahamim Bheeshm and Mahamantri Vidur will be given the same as Prince Yudhistir only Red royal Angavastra not any wealth just not to embarass or disappoint them as they always are very selfless and not interested in wealth.

Draupadi looked at her husband asking,"Prince Duryodhan is not given any wealthy gift?" Vasusen shook his head saying,"Prince Duryodhan is my best friend. We don't share any wealth as gifts! Also add border treaty with North Panchal King Ashwatthama and protecting force from Ayodhya for them too! Dushala will get the dowry from us,  as me and Duryodhan will provide her as brothers. We'll discuss in Hastinapur and finalize the wealth for Ashwatthama and Dushala!" Draupadi noted everything and nodded her head making Vasusen to finalise by imprinting his fingerprint on the royal parchment.

Everyone looked at the couple with fond and fascinating eyes. How knowledgeable and compatible they both are. They saw their Prince's eyes travelling towards Princess Draupadi silently judging her. Maybe or maybe not, this Princess may melt the Ice Prince of Ayodhya!!

___________________________________________
Hey all! New chapter after a long time! The longest chapter.. Next update after 95 votes! 🥰🥰

Younger Royal is Vasusen.
Youngest Royal is Draupadi..
(As of now! When the children are born, then the titles will be changing)

Draupadi is in charge of school education in Ayodhya!

Do you think Prince Vasusen devoloped soft corner for his wife?🤔

Subhadra and Draupadi are sweethearts and bold ladies. ❤️❤️

What are your thoughts about future? How will Krishna react? Will Duryodhan do ceremony victoriously or crumble down? How will Subhadra and Krishna first meet go? Will siblings forgive each other? Will Krishna support Arjun or his brother-in-law now?! 🧐🧐🤔🤔

Register your thoughts!

With lots of love and affection,
Yours author,
Shruti..❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 2.8K 34
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
11.5K 571 23
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...
2.6K 189 11
Sequel of ' Bitter sweet queen ' , so please read it before you read this story. Akshavi , a girl abandoned by her mother, Empress Agni was sent to K...
139K 7K 42
Cover credit : @Sassy_Nightangle Draupadi was a well-known princess of Panchal and queen of Indraprastha, after the great war of Gurushetra she becam...