GUARDED LIES

By mqxinelovr

Rosalina is the daughter of the known successful businessman Benjamin Carlin, as his money grew trough the ye... More

I n t r o

o n e

834 35 27
By mqxinelovr

ROSALINA CARLIN.

Fame,

it's something most teenagers wish to have and honestly I did too for the most part, but as I got older my fathers business only grew and so did the popularity. Obviously as his daughter i couldn't go unknown by the public.

it became harder until the point where I had to be homeschooled, even now at nineteen. I've always wanted to go to collage but I'm studying at home since my father insisted it would be better for my own good, protection.

I mean I don't mind spending my time in my fathers mansion, basically mine as-well since I live here. Sometimes I find myself wandering around without a care in the world and maybe even talking to my fathers guards or staff.

I'm not allowed to walk outside or drive anywhere unattended, again... my father insists that it's for my protection since the paparazzi people are always up my ass.

not literally.

my father spends most of his time in meetings or traveling. Sometimes I don't even know where he is, I'm just left alone in this big cold mansion and guards quietly roaming around.

I'm currently sat by my window, gazing out at our big garden. My rooms window is placed at the front of the house so I can easily make out the group of teenagers taking pictures outside of the big fences, I always get tagged on posts that are located outside my house and sometimes it's even older men that dm me with some pretty unsettling requests and statements.

"Come on out princess, let's play."
"Who's protecting you while that rich daddy of yours isn't home?"
"You'd look good in pigtails and a miniskirt..."

and so the list goes on,
but I do in fact look good in pigtails and a miniskirt for that matter.

I let out a dramatic sigh as I watch the group drive away, laughing and blasting loud music. Now that I don't have anything to focus on, boredom fills my systems as I quickly leave my room and start walking down the cold halls.

as i reach one of the bigger parts of the building a familiar careful voice speaks up,

"Rosalina, darling."

I smile as I turn around to face Benjamin, my father. A few guards are standing behind him and I notice the business bag held by the guard standing beside him and my smile turns into a small frown, "you're leaving?" I mumble,

"Only for a few hours," he steps forward and places a kiss on my forehead. "Don't do anything stupid." He says in a playfully strict voice as he points a finger at me, a fatherly warm smile on his lips.

"I would never." I roll my eyes with a small grinning laugh, my father chuckles along before glancing at his men, "Alright then, I'll see you later tonight." He says with a nod as he grabs his bag from the guard.

"Runa should be in the kitchen by now-" he starts but I cut him off with a excited gasp,

I rush off to the kitchen as my thoughts spring to the elderly lady, Runa is one of the many chefs. She usually makes traditional Mexican food and it is delicious, even if my father is having a special event with special food. I always go for the mexican food no matter what.

I finally enter the kitchen as I sarcastically salute to the guard by the door, not being able to breathe properly from running trough the gigantic halls.

Runa is standing by the marbled counter with food cooking on the stove, she's humming to a song as she mumbles a few Spanish lyrics, I walk up behind her as I whisper a small 'boo' by her shoulder,

"ay dios mío!" She gasps, startled as she turns around to give me a glare but her face brightens as she spots my smiling face, "Rosalina." She whispers in her grandmotherly strict tone with a small growl.

"I had to." I shrug in defense with a innocent smile,
"what are you making?" I question, sitting on the counter opposite of the stove.

"Gorditas." She answers with a smile as her hands moves to grab a plate,
I make a loud inhale as a happy noise escapes from me. "Have I told you how much I love you, Runa?" I excitedly ask with a humorous smile on my plumping lips.

"Oh dear, everyday." She shakes her head with a small teeth filled smile, "amor, how are you?" She sighs as she puts her palms on her hips.

"I'm alright." I answer, she notices that I'm picking at the skin around my pinkie finger nail,
"Rosalina." She whispers in her strong Spanish accent as she tilts her head downwards with a knowing look.

"Fine, I hate that dads never home." I truthfully groan as Runa nods her head as she kisses her teeth, "I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but your father is planning something big for you, something I think you'll like." She says with a bright tone, my face lights up and I smile.

"Really?" I ask,
"Really." She chuckles as she turns off the stove and places a Gordita on a plate and then carefully placing it in front off me, "careful, it's hot." She comments before I take a bite and moan in delight.

"Gorditas and surprises? Sounds like paradise to me." I place my face in my palm as I swing my feet back and forth,
"anything else you'd like?" She questions and I wave my hand,

"sit down and eat with me," I motion to the seat opposite of me, she warmly smiles at me as she sits down and takes her own plate. "You are truly a blessing amor."

"So about that things my father is planning..." I start,

"Rosalina Carlin don't you dare try to get
information out of me." She barks in sarcasm and I reply with a defeated giggle.

it's been hours since my father left and the sky is getting darker as the crickets get louder, a slight breeze flows trough the gap of my window as I gaze down at the familiar garden, a few guards roam beneath the small sunlight left with their guns holstered by their hips.

I'm actually friends with some of the guards, some of them are nice and some don't even look at me when I talk, I usually just ask if I can touch their gun and either I get a strict shake of their head or a polite no.

I know I wouldn't dare to touch a gun either way, it's just for the fun of messing with the guards. Guns have always been a fear of mine since I grew up hearing that they should only be used for protection and that's when my fear of the mafia started, because they use their guns for everything but protection.

the world wide known Italian mafia are always on the news, especially their boss, Killian D'Angelo, no one has ever seen his face but he has publicly threatened people multiple times. To be honest it's kind off impressive that he manages to keep his identity a secret whilst still being known in the whole world, everything we know is his name... not a location, other members of the mafia or even his voice.

my father raised me to despise the mafia and that's what I'll continue to do, he never gave me a reason to why but I get the point of it.

My thoughts flutter away when I spot the familiar security car driving in front off my fathers, a small gasp escapes me as I instantly rush out of my room and run done the halls and done the - what it feels like thousands of stairs, I hear the door open and I hear voices, my fathers and...

who the hell is that?

Since it's dark I can't see any faces but I can tell that a huge man is standing in front of my dad, huge. His shoulders are broad and doesn't look like they'd fit trough a doorframe, he's tall and if I were to stand next to him I'd barely reach his chest. I can only make out his dark
rumbling tone but not his words.

"Thank you, this'll make things easier for the both of us." My father speaks and my eyebrows furrow,
"she should be in her room, one moment." He continues as his head turns forward me and I panic, which ends up with me tripping and exposing myself.

"I guess not," my father chuckles as he motions me to step forward and I do, I'm finally able to see the unknown man's face, and lord is it a blessing sent from literal God himself.

his facial structure is strong and looks like nothing could break him, his eyes are dark. Black almost, they're slightly down turned and terrifying looking. There's also a scar jacked across his eye that almost reaches his chin and beneath his chin is a neck covered in tattoos, I thickly swallow as his gaze burns onto me.

"Rosalina sweetheart, this is Elio." Benjamin comments and I nod with a polite but terribly nervous smile, "your own personal bodyguard." He continues and I nod without realizing what he actually just said, my jaw almost falls wide open as I finally register his words.

"My— what?" I speak out loud, several guards glance at me because of my loud tone. "Bodyguard, I've been planning this for awhile. This'll help us both." He shrugs with a smile and I kiss my teeth, "Elio will spend all his time guarding and keeping not only one but two eyes on you, and you'll maybe even be able to go outside." My father says and i don't even have the time to be excited about it as im still in shock.

"That's, uh. Great." I say in shock as I slowly nod my head, Elio glances at me and shivers run down my back. His gaze is unbelievably terrifying, but I got to admit he's absolutely gorgeous.

My father turns his attention towards Elio, "Well, then. you'll be placed in one of the guests rooms," he hands him a key, "your room should be number 12, just across the hallway is Rosalinas room." He notes with a quick smile and I thickly swallow.

"I should get some sleep since I have meetings early in the morning," my father steps in front of me as he places a kiss on my forehead and then turning towards Elio, "I'll show you to your room." He says as the taller man follows my father into the hallway and they disappear behind a wall.

I stare at the same wall for a minute until one of the remaining guards speak, "are you alright Ms Carlin?"

I look at the male guard and huff, "it's Rosalina, or Rosa." I whisper still in overwhelming shock. "Goodnight." I continue in a whisper as I finally start walking towards my room.

this is going to be an eventful week.

___

GUARDED LIES.

first chapter, I was supposed to publish this 6 months ago bro, I'm so sorry for the wait but I've been dealing with personal problems and now I'm well enough to start writing and I'm so exited for y'all to get to know this book,

be ready folks. ;)

e m s <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.3K 15
"Alright you dumb door!" Backing away you took a big breath "You better take me to the surface-" You declared, pushing it open with both hands "Or im...
19.3K 1.1K 25
"That's because.. you're weak!" "I'll surpass you! I certainly will!" [Kaiju no.8 various x !Gojo reader] Gojo Y/n , despite her silly demeanor there...
42.1K 1.6K 34
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
349K 8.1K 68
Amazing cover by Anel_Graphics Gabriella De'Luca is a cold fifteen year old girl, who has had to go through extreme hardships everyday of her life. C...