Dragons, Weasleys and a Healer

Autorstwa Chapter1991

In the aftermath of the battle, Hermione and Fred's friendship evolves into something more, but their budding... Więcej

The Road Runner
The Weekend After
St. Mungo's
A New Job
Up and Left
Romania
Ginny & The Twins
A Weasley Visit
Owl
A Phone Call
Visitation Rights
Surprise
Presents
The Flat
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
The Minister of Magic
Tiny Dragons
The Romanian Minister
The Law
An Announcement
Telling The Family
A Wedding and Goodbyes
Home

Write To Me

574 14 1
Autorstwa Chapter1991

Fred woke up with a tapping sound at his window. He groaned as buried his head in his pillow. But the tapping continued. He finally gave up and looked up from his pillow to the window. Then he saw it, Hermione's owl. Fred's eyes turned big.

"APOLLO!" And he tried to ran to the window, only to get his feet stuck in his sheets and he came crashing to the floor. Grumbling, he pulled his sheets of his feet and scrambled to the window. He opened it quickly and the owl flew graciously to his bed. He walked back to his bed with a bowl of water and some owl treats, placing them next to Apollo. He rubbed Apollo's head and untied the letter, Hermione's letter. He could recognize her handwriting anywhere. With shaking hands, he opened the letter.

Fred

I'm sorry.

George told me what happened, I overreacted. I just didn't think it was in the cards for me, you know the happy ever after. I was afraid, afraid of getting hurt, afraid of losing you, of losing our friendship.

I miss you! More than I thought was possible. I've been throwing myself here at work to keep me distracted. Like a red headed birdie told me you have been doing.

I don't know what the future will hold or what we could be (if you still want to of course) but I do know I want you in it. As a friend or more...

With me being abroad, I know things won't come so easily, it's still a couple of months away before I get back. If I get back. I know you don't want to hear this, but I want to be honest with you, I love it here. I feel like am making a difference. I love my work, I love working with dragons and here I can be myself and I even made friends here, good friends, who take me for who I am.

I don't know if this letter will make you feel better or worse, but I just wanted you to know how I feel.

Hope to hear you soon.

Love, Hermione

PS: If you don't get the happy ever after reference, check some muggle fairy tales.

PPS: Give Apollo a break, if you want to send a reply.

Fred looked to his right and saw the owl sleeping on his bed. Fred looked back at the letter and reread it a few times. Trying to sort out his feelings. She missed him; she wants to try again! But there is also the possibility she would stay in Romania. Fred walked out of his room still looking at the letter as he sat down at his desk. He took a pen and paper he gotten from Hermione, which was way easier than a quill and parchment, and started to write down his reply. He felt like a giddy schoolgirl, who had her first crush.

That day, Ginny helped Hermione around the hospital while George helped Charlie on the reserve. The day flew by quickly and at the end of her shift Hermione led Ginny to the baby dragon enclosure.

"Oh my god! They are so adorable!" Ginny cried as the baby dragons waddled over. When they sat down the little dragons climbed on their laps. A little green one was snuggling in Ginny's side.

"That one is a Welsh Green. Like the one in the tournament. And this one-" she pointed at her lap. "- is a Romanian Longhorn. You can feel the horns coming out." She took Ginny's hand and put it on the dragon's head.

"Wow! At what age can't you interact with them like this anymore."

"Depends on the species. Some get big or territorial fast, others take longer. We try to give them space, try not to interact to much so they can live in the wild later. There is one though, Oco. Charlie found the egg a week before I arrived. We don't know what happened to the mother, but she was gone, we didn't have a female Ironbelly to take care of the egg, so they took it in. The second day I came here the egg hatched. I've been taking care of him with Charlie and Nicolae. We take shifts feeding him. He will probably never be able to live in the wild." Hermione sighed. "Come on, let's go get some dinner, see if the boys are back."

"Fine." Ginny said disappointing which made Hermione chuckle.

"You can come back tomorrow before you leave." That made Ginny smile wide as she picked up the dragon on her lap and placed it on the ground.

"I'm sorry little one. I'll be back tomorrow." She cooed at the dragon before stepping out of the enclosure.

"Honey, I'm home!" Hermione called out as she stepped in the cabin followed by Ginny.

"In the kitchen, dear!" Charlie called back.

Hermione smiled as she walked in the kitchen. Laughing at the faces of George and Ginny.

"What?" She asked.

"What was that?"

"It's just something we do when we one of us is home already." Charlie shrugged smiling. He turned back to the stove as he and George prepared dinner. Charlie was wearing an apron that said, "Like my dragon?" with an arrow pointed down. Right under the arrow was a tiny picture of a dragon. So, for people like Ginny, who didn't see the picture it was quite shocking.

"Charlie!" Ginny yelled as she pointed at his apron.

"What? Oh, you like it?"

"That is just weird asking your sister that."

"What? You don't like my dragon?" Charlie and Hermione chuckled. "Don't worry sis, look." He walked closer and showed her the picture of the dragon right under the arrow. Ginny laughed as she noticed it.

"You really should wear this at the burrow. Mum would flip."

"I rather keep my dragon save, thank you."

"Where did you get that anyway?" George asked grinning.

"From my dear Hermione of course." Charlie smiled at her.

"You bought that?" Ginny and George asked surprised.

"No, I didn't buy that. I made it."

"That's brilliant Mione. Could we make some for the shop?"

"Sure." She smiled up at him. "I see you are wearing my apron."

George was wearing a red 50's apron with white little flowers spread across, white ruffles on the bottom and on the side. Charlie bought it for her in return as a joke. He knew she wasn't going to be a stay-at-home mum and he laughed his socks off when he saw her reaction when she opened the bag.

"It looks good on you." Ginny chimed in grinning.

George twirled around and smiled wide. "Thank you!"

After dinner they played a game exploding snap.

"So, George how did it go today?" Hermione asked as a card blew up.

"Great! I actually had an idea for the shop, besides the apron." He winked at her. "Remember that small dragon Harry got in the Triwizard tournament? Well, I was thinking we can make them ourselves, make a Wheezes Tiny Dragon Line or something like that."

Before anyone could response a Patronus showed up in the middle of the living room.

"Charlie, Hermione! Come over quick. There is something wrong with Oco." The voice of Nicolae spoke through the impala. Charlie and Hermione jumped up before the Patronus was fully gone.

"We'll be back later. You know where everything is, help yourself." Charlie said as Hermione handed him his coat. "Let's go."

Charlie grabbed her hand, and they ran out the front door. Leaving behind a shocked George and Ginny.

"Charlie, you go back. It was my night to watch him anyway. You were here all of last night." Hermione walked over to Charlie who was dozing off in the chair. He blinked up at her.

"Okay, but if anything changes."

"I will send you a message." Hermione agreed. "Now get up." She pulled him up from the chair and pushed him out the door. "Explain everything to Ginny and George will you. Goodnight, Charlie."

Hermione closed the door and turned around. She was standing in the dragon infirmary. On her left was an open crate with a heat lamp above it, in the crate was a two-week-old Ironbelly wrapped in a blanket sleeping. Nicolae called them over because Oco didn't want to eat and threw up a couple of times. Charlie gave him a potion to settle his stomach and he fell asleep right after. Hermione prepared the bottles for the coming night, hoping Oco would eat. She finished the last bottle when she heard a tapping sound behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw Apollo's big eyes looking at her through the window. She quickly ran to the window and untied the letter.

"Go to the cabin Apollo. There are some treats in my room. Get some rest." She said stroking the owl with her index finger. Apollo hooted before flying off. She closed the window and made her way to the rocking chair next to the open crate. She opened the letter with trembling fingers. She took in a deep breath before looking down at the letter.

Hi, love!

I'm so happy you wrote to me! You don't need to apologize. I should have tried harder.

I miss you so, so much! I think since the battle the longest time we have been apart was not even four days. And that was before my feelings for you changed.

And yes, I threw myself into work. We are actually thinking about opening a second shop. Don't know if George mentioned it? Can't wait to tell you all about it.

And yes, I want you in my future, more than anything! And we will find a way, if you decide to stay there. I would love for you to come home, don't get me wrong, but I will support you no matter what!

Of course, you made friends Hermione, never forget how amazing you are.

I can't wait to see you again! When are you coming back for a visit?
I hope George and Ginny aren't too much of a hassle. Ginny probably told you about Harry. I think she is going to be okay. She's strong, just like you.

I'll leave you to it. Write back soon.

Love Freddie.

Hermione had tears in her eyes even before she finished the letter. She reread it a couple of times before she pulled out her phone. It was 12 o'clock at night. Maybe she shouldn't call him now. He was probably asleep. Still, she flipped open her phone and wrote down a text.

- Hi, are you up?

- Yes, everything alright?

Hermione didn't answer his text and just called him up. He picked up the second the phone went off.

"Hermione is everything alright?" She heard panic in his voice.

"Yes, I'm alright." She held back her tears at the sound of his voice. "I-I just got your letter and I wanted to hear your voice. I'm sorry I called so late."

"No love, you can call me anytime." She knew he was smiling on the other side. "It's great to hear your voice. Gods Mione, I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too! I'm sorry about everything."

"No, I already told you, you don't need to apologize."

"But I do, I didn't give you a change to explain."

"You were upset, I get it. You know I never been so angry at George in my life."

"Yeah, I heard." She said in a soft voice.

"But let's forget about all that, let's just think about the future." Fred was quiet for a moment. "When are you coming to visit?"

"Oh, well it's really hectic here, so probably not until Neville's wedding."

"Oh." She heard the disappointment in his voice.

"But you could visit me here if you want."

"Really?" He asked excited. "I would love to. Haven't had a chance to visit the reserve."

"Yeah-" Oco stirred next to her and woke up looking up at her with his golden eyes. "Fred, can you hang on for a bit? Oco is awake, I need to feed him."

"Sure." She put down the phone and picked up the little dragon in his blanket and summoned a bottle.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 122 18
You're in your fifth year at Hogwarts when you finally capture the heart of Fred Weasley. What follows is a tale of friendship, love, lust, grief, an...
4.4K 113 25
Hermione was heartbroken after Fred died. Alongside George she locked herself in his flat, away from anything and everyone. Hermione knew they had to...
99.7K 2.8K 51
Hermione Granger determined herself unfit for love after being cheated on by her boyfriend, Ron Weasley. An unfortunate few months later she is vowed...
121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...