Dragons, Weasleys and a Healer

By Chapter1991

In the aftermath of the battle, Hermione and Fred's friendship evolves into something more, but their budding... More

The Road Runner
The Weekend After
St. Mungo's
A New Job
Up and Left
Romania
Ginny & The Twins
A Weasley Visit
Write To Me
A Phone Call
Visitation Rights
Surprise
Presents
The Flat
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
The Minister of Magic
Tiny Dragons
The Romanian Minister
The Law
An Announcement
Telling The Family
A Wedding and Goodbyes
Home

Owl

581 14 0
By Chapter1991

Fred kept himself busy the last couple of weeks with the shop. He was now standing in front of the old Zonko's building, looking up at the boarded-up windows. He felt a bit sad at the state of his favorite shop from over the years. The owner Zonko retired a couple of years ago, when he couldn't keep up with the twin's shop. So now the shop was dark and empty, not like it once was. Fred turned and leaned his back against the building waiting for Zonko to show up. After five minutes, he saw the elderly man walk up the street towards him.

"Mister Weasley. Good to see you." Zonko held out his hand and big smile on his face.

"Zonko! Good to see you too. How is retired life going for you?"

"Great. Just me and the missus enjoying our quiet time and a bit of traveling." He reached in his pocket and took out a key. "Should we go in first? Then we can go to the broomsticks to discuss everything."

"Sounds good to me. Lead the way." He smiled at the man.

"I think you know the way as good as me." He chuckled as he held opened the door and ushered him in.

Zonko flicked his wand, the lights came on, revealing the empty shop. No products in sight, only empty shelves from wall to wall covered in dust. And empty register at the right side of the store.

"So, I know you guys know the shop like the back of your hand. I will just show you the backroom, the storage area and the flat upstairs. He pointed at the hallway and crossed the store to the back, Fred on his heels. They entered a large backroom with a large desk in the middle and bookcases that climbed up to the ceiling. On the left side by the window were cots for owls, where they could rest between deliveries. Zonko opened the door on the right at the back of the storage room Fred followed him down on the staircase into the basement.

"This is the storage room. I hope it's big enough."

Fred's mouth dropped open. The storage room was two times as big then the one in Diagon Alley. It was completely empty except from a few boxes stacked in the corner.

"Yes, definitely big enough." Fred smiled.

"Brilliant! Now let's head up to the flat." Zonko said as he made his way back up the stairs. He opened the door on the left and walked up the staircase and opened the door and let Fred in before him.

They entered in a small hallway. To his left he saw four doors and to his right one big double door. Zonko ushered him to the one on the right. Fred pushed the double door open and walked in the living room. That was still partially furnished. A big leather couch that could seat at least five people stood against the wall on his right. While a big dark wood dining table for six people was right in front of him. Behind the dining table was a half open kitchen with white rustic cabinets and an island with four bar stools around it. After they explored the living area and the kitchen, they made their way back to the hallway. The first door was spacious bathroom with on the left a shower and a bathtub. On the right, a toilet and a sink that was surrounded with rustic white cabinets (slightly different than from the kitchen). The second door was the master bedroom without any furniture. The third door was a second bedroom, the last room was either a small bedroom or an office.

"Oh, before I forget." Zonko called him over back to the living room. He walked over to the left corner and opened the window. The window turned into a glass door and Zonko stepped out. Fred followed intrigued and stepped out. He found himself on a small balcony with two stairs running down on either side of it.

"This one." Zonko pointed to the left is for visitors after the store closes. The staircase ends up down at the alley next to the shop. "This one." He pointed in the other direction. "Leads you to the garden."

"Garden?" Fred asked in wonder and followed the older man down the stairs. Fred found himself in a big backyard. Grass from beginning to the end and two large trees on either end of the garden. Fred followed his gaze behind the trees at gasped.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Fred breathed out as he looked over at the castle. He could see Hogwarts in the distance the towers bathing in the sunlight. It was magnificent. Fred suddenly wanted to tell Hermione about this view, about the shop. The thought of it broke his heart a bit. But Fred was so excited to tell George about the deal and floo'd home instantly. He sat down at his desk and started to write the letter.

That night in Romania, the Weasleys and Hermione sat down at the kitchen table. They talked about the reserve as they ate their dinner. Hermione had a feeling Ginny and George wanted to talk about something. But before she could ask, George looked up from his empty plate and stood up.

"Hermione, can I talk to you?" Hermione looked surprised up at the red head and nodded.

"We will get started on dessert." Charlie said as he cleared the table with Ginny's help. Hermione led George out into the garden and sat down on the lawn chairs. Hermione wrapped herself in the blanket that laid there.

"So..."

"So, Hermione about Fred. No, let me finish." George held out his hand and Hermione closed her mouth again. "Yes, I know. I kind of figured it out, I mean Ginny kind of figured it out the Sunday after you left."

"Oh." Hermione exclaimed softly.

"But nothing happened with Fred and that girl. Fred told me he liked someone, and the only one I could think of was the waitress because you guys told us he hooked up with her. So, that night at the bar I kind of locked Fred in the restroom with her, she threw herself at him because I told her he liked her. Fred was trying to leave but she just planted one on him and he tried to pull away."

Hermione didn't know what to believe. She knew what she saw that night. George seemed to understand what she was thinking.

"Hermione, it was all just a misunderstanding and bad timing. Fred has been a wreck since you left like that. You know he yelled at me that night? I mean really yelled. In the middle of the bar no less. He never yelled at me like that. After he stopped yelling, he went to your flat but couldn't get in, he tried calling, he even sat in front of your door for a couple hours before giving up."

Hermione looked at him with wide eyes full of shock. Did Fred really come after her? "I kind of blocked everything, everyone out that night and put silencing charms around the flat."

"Figured as much. Hermione, you really need to talk to him."

"I know." She dropped her gaze down at her feet.

"Mione," George placed a hand on her shoulder which made her look up. "I know it's not my business, but I know Fred is freaking out about it."

Hermione frowned at him not knowing where his going with this. "About what?"

"You're surrounded by men, Hermione. Fred thinks he lost his chance, and with you being one of the only women here. He's afraid you'll find someone here, he's afraid you won't come back."

"I'm used to being surrounded by men. In case you were wondering, most of them are married."

"That's a relief... but what about that Nicolae guy? He surely seems interested."

"No, Nicolae is just like how you guys were back in the day." She chuckled. "Just some harmless flirting, he flirts with everyone."

"If you're sure..." George wasn't convinced, he saw how the guy looked at her and how he scowled at him. But he knew Hermione could take care of herself. So he dropped the matter.

"Wait!" Hermione cried out suddenly. "Does he really think I won't come back."

"Yeah, I mean we all do. After that letter you sent to Ginny, we all got a bit worried. Now even more, because we can see how much you love it here and the great work you do."

"I do love it here." Hermione confessed. "But I also miss home. I miss you guys, my family." She took in a deep breath, trying to settle down her brain and her heart. "I don't know what the future will hold. I guess I just have to wait and see."

"We will support you, whatever you decide. But know, you always have a home with us." George pulled her in a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she fought back her tears.

"Thanks George."

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes before Ginny yelled for inside the cabin. "Dessert is ready!"

That night George slept in Charlie's room while Ginny bunked with her. Hermione and Ginny crawled in bed and turned towards each other.

"I miss this." Ginny smiled sadly.

"Me too. Ginny are you okay?"

"How do you know something is wrong?"

"You wanted to talk to me all day, I could see it in your eyes."

"You're right of course, as usual." She grinned before she took a deep breath. "Harry and I are over. Really over. We already told mum."

"Oh, Ginny." Hermione pulled her into a hug. "How are you feeling about it?"

"Fine, actually. We both knew it was coming." Her voice damped in her shoulder. "I feel relieved, free." Ginny said as she pulled back.

"As long as you are happy, I'm happy. Where are you staying? At the burrow?"

"Gods no! You know how mum is, she never let me out of her sight."

"You're probably right." Hermione chuckled.

"I -I'm staying at your place. I really hope you don't mind."

"No, of course not. You know you are always welcome. Stay as long as you need."

"Thank you, Hermione. I missed you."

"I missed you too." Hermione pulled her back into a side hug and they sat like that for a while.

"Did George talk to you about Fred?" Ginny asked after a long silence.

"He did."

"And?"

"And I know I have to talk to him, but I don't know what to say or do. Do I call, write?"

"Maybe start with trying to write a letter. See what comes to you."

"Yeah, you're right – what are you doing?" Ginny jumped out of the bed and walked to her desk.

"Here." She held out a pen and paper.

"Now? You want me to write it now?"

"Well yeah, why wait?"

Hermione looked a bit shocked at her, before climbing out of bed and crossing the room to her desk. As she sat down, Ginny made her way back to the bed, giving her some privacy. Hermione took the pen and looked down at the paper. A couple of minutes past with her just staring down before she started writing. After she was finished the placed the letter in an envelope and walked over to Apollo.

"Hi, Apollo. Ready for a trip?" The owl gave a soft hoot and nibbled on her finger. She tied the letter to his paw and opened the window. "This one is for Fred." She said as she stroked the owl's head. The owl gave another hoot and flew off, into the night.

The next morning at the breakfast table an owl from the shop arrived at the kitchen window. Hermione looked out the window and frowned. Fred couldn't have replied that quickly.

"George? Isn't that Luca from the shop?"

George looked up from his toast and followed her gaze. He leaped from his seat to the large brown owl and carried him inside. He untied the letter and gave the owl some bits of his toast. He opened it and his eyes grew big.

"Everything okay?" Charlie and Hermione asked in unison.

"More than okay, brilliant even." George said not taking his eyes of the letter. He read it a couple of times before looking up at the three confused faces.

"We've been talking about opening a second shop. And Fred went to Hogsmeade yesterday to talk to Zonko. To see if we could buy his old shop."

"That's great, George!" Hermione said happily. "So, good news then?"

"Yeah. Fred got a good deal on the place. Says the store has a big backroom and a huge cellar for storage. Even a flat upstairs with a big yard." George stood up and vanished in the hallway. Only to return a couple of seconds later with a quill and parchment. Hermione laughed a little as she looked at George antics, like a kid on Christmas morning. George started scribbling down his reply, after he folded the letter, he looked up at Hermione.

"Could I use Apollo? I don't think I can send Luca back out right now."

"Oh – no, I send him out last night."

"Oh, and who might you have been writing to?" George smirked at her; eyebrows raised.

"None of your business." She couldn't hide her smile.

"You could borrow Balaur." Charlie got up and walked to his room and came back with a snowy owl.

"Oh, Charlie she's beautiful." Ginny said in awe.

"Actually, Hermione rescued her when we took on the traffickers."

"She's really sweet." Hermione held out her hand and the owl flew to her. Balaur snuggled her head into her chest. "Hi sweety. Ready for a flight?"

She cooed in her chest and flew back to Charlie. Charlie took George's letter and walked to the window. "To Fred Weasley." He said as he stroked her head. She gave a last hoot and flew off.

"Now that that's done, what are the plans for today?" Ginny asked as she finished her breakfast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.1K 31
Its two years after the war. Dannielle Black has been gone ever since. Until now. Follow the young girl as she returns to the wizarding world after s...
17.9K 198 25
After the Battle of Hogwarts, Ron and Hermione's and Harry and Ginny's relationship expand...what happens as they face difficult times and also of th...
16.7K 247 27
Hermione Granger thought she was going to fall in love with Ron. But what if another Weasley steals her heart? (Discontinued)
131K 3.6K 22
Disclaimer: I don't not own harry potter or the story plot or basically the story in general. All rights goes to the rightful owner: CrazyGirl47 Fred...