The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 55

818 57 4
By quengdem

Trina P.O.V

"Dammit, slow down Ross, what good are we to Lottie if we're dead due to your driving!?" I shout at him.

He instantly slows down
"I'm sorry, I just feel like it's my fault because my sister..." he clenches the wheel tightly and speeds again.

"Ross! Baby think about our family, the bundle of joy we have growing in me." I say gently grabbing one of his hands and placing it on my stomach.

"I am Trina, I am that's why I'm so tense. That bitch said she was gonna come after you and Lottie... and she shot Lottie, she wasn't fucking kidding."

His mind is reeling as I watch my lover spiral.
"That can only mean that you're next..."

"Lottie is going to be okay, I'm going to be okay..." I say softly.

"Trina, Charlotte is in fucking critical condition." He comes to an abrupt stop and looks at me. "I should have killed Yvonne when I had the chance."

I just look at him as he has his moment.

"Look at me." I say to him before grabbing his face and turning it towards me. "Look. At. Me...I'm here, I'm with you. But Charlotte, she is fighting for her life while her body is probably fighting to take her babies to survive. If anyone needs support it's them." I caress his face. "I'm right here."

"I know baby, I know... I just feel so bad." He says as he presses his forehead against mine and weeps.

Him and Lottie had history. So I know the news hurt... he's not saying it but I know he's hurting, and he's internalizing her attack as his fault.

—————————————————————————

We arrive at the hospital, find a parking space and go in and already paparazzi are piling up.

So fucking annoying, they have nothing better to do.

We are directed to the twelfth floor waiting room and there we see Jonathan sitting with his head in his hands as his leg shook violently.

I nod at Ross who nods back and I slowly walk to Jonathan and I sit beside him embracing him in a side hug.

He instantly jumps looking at me then at Ross before breaking down.

He looked like he definitely been through it, police officers and detectives were standing around, I assume giving him space before they hounded him with questions again.

"How is she?" Ross asks as he places his hand on Jonathan's back to offer comfort.

"I wasn't allowed to go back there, they instantly took her into surgery when we arrived, she's been in intensive care ever since." He answers

"And the babies?" I ask.

"I don't know... I want them all to survive but if I have to chose, I want them to save my Lottie, we can have more babies later." He says before sobbing. "That cold hearted bitch, she really shot my Lottie, my beautiful baby. Struck her in the face also." He cries more. "And there was nothing I could do. I was completely helpless."

It pained me to see Jonathan like this.

——————————————————
We sat with him for a few hours as detectives asked him to describe the shooter, and to give his statement again.

His lawyer showed up and shooed the detectives off, as if they were trying to insinuate that he did it.

"Thank God your lawyer came, I was going to cuss them detectives out for you." I say

"I was gonna break their jaws." Ross sneers.

Jonathan slightly chuckles. Then suddenly the doctor comes.

"Mr. Wyles?" He asks

"Um, yes sir." He gets up quickly going to the doctor.

"Your wife isn't in critical condition but we have sedated her to keep her in a deep sleep for a few days." The doctor informs. "She will be moved to room 1237."

"A-and our babies?" He asks nervously.

The doctor places his hand on Jonathan's shoulder.
"We were able to keep her body from rejecting them. It was actually quite miraculous as if something else was protecting the babies."

"S-so?" Jonathan asks quickly.

"So, so far, so good. The baby hung in there. And either way if they had to be taken out they would have survived in the NICU."
He smiles patting him on the back. "All though for the rest of her pregnancy she will be on bed rest, but we'll be keeping her here for a few months depending on her condition once she wakes and afterwards."

"Okay, understood, thank you sir." Jonathan says as he looks up towards the ceiling with his hands together.

We all do a sigh of relief as it seems that Jonathan says a prayer.

The first time I've ever seen him pray.

—————————————

Finally they roll her bed into the room and they hook her machine up allowing for 24/7 fetal tracking of the babies' condition.

"She should wake in the next day or two." The nurse says as she leaves us closing the door behind us.

Tears well in my eyes as I see her head wrapped and the bruises on her sleeping face.

"Hang in there Lottie." I whisper as I kiss her forehead and step back so Ross can say his peace.

Jonathan sits beside his wife holding her motionless hand.

"You're gonna be okay?" Ross asks him, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah." Jonathan says through tears. "She's okay, they're okay, and that's all that matters."

Ross pulls out his phone and calls Carter.

"Carter send some men to The memorial hospital. They are to watch the place. Ellie and Yvonne if seen are to be apprehended and brought to me alive." He says.

Jonathan looks surprised. "When did your faction become active again?"

"When Ellie was having Lottie's dad kill my people." I found out recently that she was his girlfriend the one behind it all. And I'm having my doubts that Frank is even alive anymore." Ross says before opening his arm to pull me into them.

"Thank you." Jonathan says before looking back at Lottie.

"We'll be in touch. And in your Stead who would you like to run your business?" Ross asks.

"My cousin Aaron and my friend Mark." He says before kissing Lottie's hand.

"Got it." Ross says as he escorts me out and closing the hospital door behind us.

If I wasn't mistaken I heard Jonathan begin to weep. And my heart goes out to him.
———————————————————————————————————
A/N: Jonny 🥺😭

If you liked this chapter don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️

-chuu💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 22.5K 55
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Good girl. Let's see how much you can take." She's a shy bookworm on scholarship, desperate to escape the Mafia. He's Chicago'...
208K 5.3K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
243K 5.6K 47
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 2 of 3! Read Book 1 - Made For The Mafia - before reading this book and the synopsis below to avoid spoilers! ~~~ It's...
414K 15.6K 30
*Disclaimer* This is my first story ever. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'll do my best! "Why me?" she asked. I looked again into her mesmeri...