The Hidden

By KORREZX

born 4/2/2023 Mystery/ Romance Blake is tired of running from her past. When she is given the opportunity to... More

ZERO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN

ELEVEN

11 1 0
By KORREZX

Blake Holly

One week later...

"Oh my God!" I screamed as Vee jumped out of the car.

It was the weekend, and she was finally here visiting me. I had been dying to see her and was so glad she drove all the way here. I didn't exactly have an itinerary for this weekend, but I was excited to show her around Kinderton, and, most of all, meet Delilah, Persephone, and Cory.

For the whole week, I haven't even bothered thinking about Paxton, Adrian, or my stalker and surprisingly my stalker hasn't thought about me because I hadn't received any messages from them. A little nerve-racking but I told myself to appreciate this time of solitude because I had a feeling that they would soon be suffocating me again.

Not thinking about Paxton was easy, being that I hadn't even seen him around campus, and he wasn't in class the entire week. A part of me was worried about him and hoped he got his injuries taken care of, but that worriedness went away when I thought about how he treated me and the awful things he said to me. As far as Adrian, I saw him here and there and he would just look at me but nothing other than that.

"I missed you so much I think I'm going to cry" Vee beamed, hugging me tight and rocking back and forth.

Technically Vee was not supposed to be staying on campus this weekend, but Ms. Engrid bent the rules for me after I told her it would really help my mental health.

A classic trick that my thick file of bad history let me pull.

"Come, let me grab some of your stuff" I retreated to the trunk of her car and grabbed two suitcases while she grabbed her duffel bag.

Delilah was upstairs getting the dorm nice and clean for Vee, we had kind of neglected it and both had been too busy to thoroughly clean it and pick up the clothes that were usually scattered everywhere and the makeup stains on the counter.

We entered the building, and Vee looked in awe at the massive stone establishment.

"This place is actually insane" Her eyes wandered each and every crevice of Kinderton.

It's insane alright.

I was so afraid that this weekend wouldn't go as planned and I would be forced to tell her the truth about what's been going on. All it would take is one message from my stalker and Vee would see the anxiety all over my face and knowing her, she wouldn't let it go.

As we were walking, Vee was getting some stares from some of the students. Cold glares from some girls and lustful looks from some of the boys. Vee was that type of pretty that made the whole room stare so it was nothing unusual. It amazed me how she didn't even notice it because she kept walking and talking to me as if she couldn't feel the burning eyes of her peers around her. If it had been me, I would notice in an instant and instantly become self-conscious.

I gave our dorm door three knocks.

"Can we come in?"

"One sec !" Delilah called out.

Shortly after, the door swung open and Delilah stood there with the cheesiest smile on her face.

"Hi! Ohemgee you're gorgeous" Delilah pulled Vee into a hug and I chuckled a bit because I was sure Vee was expecting some type of formal introduction from her.

"Aw thank you, you're beautiful yourself, you must be Delilah?" Vee said as they pulled away from their hug.

"In the flesh, It's so nice to finally meet you, Blake talks about you all the time. Come in" Delilah stepped aside and gestured for us to enter.

Vee and I sat her things by my bed since that's where she'll be sleeping. I was going to make a palette on the floor and let her take the bed.

"Where's Persephone?" I asked.

"Oh she's going to meet us at the cafe. Will yall be ready in like thirty?"

We both nodded.

"Great, well I have to stop by the main office so I'll see you guys down there, give you some time to catch up" Delilah said before waving goodbye and heading out the door.

Me and Vee sat on the bed, and I took a good look at our very neat and clean surroundings.

"I'm telling you right now, this dorm has never been this clean. Delilah's stuff is usually everywhere, so enjoy it while it last" I blurted out, sending us both into a hysterical laugh.

"Should I be expecting to eat wagyu and lobster mac and cheese at this cafe?" Vee mocked.

"They actually have lobster mac and cheese there now that I think about it"

"What- I was just joking, this place is insane B, you're living the freaking dream."

Ugh if only she knew that lobster mac and cheese couldn't even come close to fixing the problems I was dealing with.

"So what's the plan for this weekend? I'm trying to turn up" Vee said doing a little dance.

"I actually hadn't thought that far ahead...I was just hoping to spend some quality time with you and let you get a feel for Kinderton" I said pulling my lip back.

"Aw how sentimental...still want to turn up though. We'll find something " She laughed and I smiled. I'm beyond grateful to hear that laugh and have her comforting energy around me.

When it was just me and Vee I felt as if all my problems were nonexistent and that's one of the many things I enjoyed about her presence.

About thirty minutes went past and it felt like five because Vee and I held really good conversation like always and cracked plenty of jokes that were reminiscent of our freshmen year days.

"Oh my God, do you remember when I went on my first date with Jeremy P and threw up in his brand new Mercedes because I was so nervous" Vee said holding her stomach.

"Only to find out it was his dad's car" I added.

"And then his parents wanted to sue mine. Oh my God" 

We both continued to laugh before I saw the time and we made our way to the cafe.

"This is yall's cafeteria?" Vee looked around with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah... that's what I thought when I first came here too... I actually work here"

"Bitch?! Say word. This place looks like a freaking five-star restaurant. I could definitely get used to this for the weekend."

I giggled and saw Delilah and Persephone already sitting down at a nearby table. They waved at us, and we both went to sit down.

"Oh it's so lovely to finally meet you, I'm Persephone. Blake, you forgot to mention she's absolutely stunning" Persephone said standing up to shake Vee's hand.

I knew Vee would joke about this later; there goes that formal introduction she was betting on.

Vee shook her hand back, thanking her, before sitting down.

"Lunch is on me everyone" Delilah said.

"I could really get used to this" Vee responded and we all laughed.

Cory was working and soon came to our table to take our orders.

"Hello ladies, what can I get for you today- oh who's this?" Cory said pulling out his notepad and then reverting his eyes to Vee.

"I'm Vee" Vee stuck her hand out and I could see the desire in her eyes. I rolled my eyes, she was going to be so disappointed once she knew.

"Cory" He awkwardly smiled back.

Vee leaned over, her head in one hand and the other continuing to shake his as she stared at him.

"Okay, that's enough" I pulled her hand away, and Cory laughed a bit.

We all placed our orders, and Cory retreated back to the kitchen.

"Okay, somebody hook me up with that fine piece of man" Vee said as soon as Cory was far enough that he wouldn't hear.

"He's gay" I flat out said. Vee's mouth dropped, and I could see the embarrassment and disappointment flush her face.

"Girl I had the same look when I found out" Persephone added.

"Don't worry we're going to find you a little weekend fling" Delilah winked at her.

The three of us talked until Cory came back with our food. It seemed as though they were all getting along, Vee thought Persephone was hilarious and actually enjoyed listening to Delilah share her extravagant rich girl life stories. I think Vee always dreamed of herself living the luxurious life and so Delilah talking about it just made it be put into perspective more and allowed her to daydream a bit. Vee shared some funny stories about the crazy things we did when we were younger and Delilah and Persephone were both so intrigued by our small town life. Just as we were in awe of their life, they were in awe of ours. It was funny how it worked.

Once the food came the conversation quieted down a bit because the food was delectable and we were too busy stuffing our mouths to talk. Especially Vee.

"This is the best shrimp scampi I ever had." Vee said with a mouth full of shrimp.

Cory returned with a refill of our drinks.

"Everything good?"

"Great" We all said in unison causing him to laugh.

"I wanted to let yall know that there is a bonfire tonight, a few minutes away from Kinderton. You girls should come, it's going to be fun." Cory suggested with both hands on the edge of the table.

"Oh my God yes! I was just telling B that I wanted to turn up" Vee said getting all excited.

Persephone and Delilah nodded excitedly in agreement.

"We will be there" Persephone clapped her hands.

"Oh here" Delilah handed Cory her American Express card, and he grabbed it before going to the register.

"I'm trying to get white girl wasted" Vee devilishly smirked.

"I will be the guide to that" Delilah said.

Only then I remembered the last time we all went to a party and got drunk. It was a disaster.

"Maybe you shouldn't be the guide to that" Persephone remarked.

"Shut up" Delilah rolled her eyes playfully and I started laughing.

Vee looked around in confusion.

"She got really drunk at the last party we went to and kind of went off on this blonde chick" I informed her.

Vee made an 'O' shape with her mouth and nodded up and down.

"Got it" 

"Okay to be fair I misread the situation" Delilah said defending herself.

The three of them continued to talk but the sound of their voices began to drown out when I looked over my shoulder and saw Paxton for the very first time in a week.

He was at the counter, grabbing two lattes before turning back around and walking to the door.

He was wearing his usual all black attire, parted jet black hair, and he was the tallest one in the room. I hated that he looked so good in this moment and how dominant he looked over everyone as he towered over every single person he walked past. I hated it. I hated him.

For a second he glanced my way and caught me staring, his facial expression was unreadable as it was blank with no emotion. I quickly turned my head the other way and buried it in my shoulder. Without thinking I turned back around to look at him again, itching to know if he was still staring at me, but he wasn't. He handed, no other, then Dylan the second latte and placed a kiss on her cheek.

My heart dropped.

I felt as if he just wronged me in a way and I was annoyed with myself for feeling like that- for feeling anything. He should be dead to me after what he said to me, and all week, I told myself that he was, but I guess it was only convincing when he wasn't standing only a few feet away from me. 

"By the way, I'm still fucking Dylan so you're little plan didn't work"

I winced as I remembered his harsh words. Him being here, with her, made his remarks all the more true. He glanced back at me again, and this time I didn't turn away to look I just continued to stare, Dylan caught him looking and I could tell she was going to say something, but Paxton's lips came crashing into hers, and he turned her around so now he was facing me, looking at me while he was tonguing her down in front of the whole cafe.

How bold of them.

Rage. All I felt was rage. Hadn't he tortured me enough? Why was he purposely doing this?

I turned my head away as it pained me to continue to watch.

"B, who's that?" Vee said breaking me out of my trance. I guess she was watching me watch Paxton.

"Nobody"

I looked up at Delilah who I assumed was looking too because she gave me a sorrowful look.

Before either of them could say anything Cory returned with a concerned look on his face.

"Um...the card you gave me declined" He said trying to talk low.

Delilah's face lit up in confusion, and her cheeks instantly turned red.

"That can't be...run it again" She said, refusing to take the card away from him.

"I ran it five times. Sorry Delilah" Cory placed the card down on the table.

"Here, take mine" Persephone quickly pulled out her card and handed it to Cory who went back to the register.

Delilah's entire face was red, and she looked as if she was about to cry from embarrassment.

"Excuse me" She hurriedly removed herself from the table and sped walked to the restroom.

Persephone watched her leave in confusion before excusing herself as well, I'm guessing to check on her and make sure she was okay.

Declined?

I mean I'm not the one to judge anybody but Delilah was literally loaded. Her entire closet cost more than my house and I've seen her get endless packages from Saks and not to mention she insisted on paying for us every time we went out.

I'm assuming it was a situation where her parents cut off her card, maybe they saw she was spending too much.

Me and Vee wrapped up before leaving the cafe.

For the remainder of the time until the party, I showed her around Kinderton, and she absolutely loved the school. We were now walking across the courtyard just talking.

"Maybe I shouldn't ask this but...do they know?" Vee inquired looking up at me.

"Vee no- I'm not that close with them. I don't think I'll ever be."

I wasn't lying either. Delilah and Persephone were amazing people and fun to hang out with, but I don't ever think I'll allow myself to get close enough to them to confide in them about what I've done. I don't think I'll ever get that close to anybody.

"How are you dealing with it?" 

"I don't."

Vee looked down at her shoes in disappointment. I know she wanted more from me, and it hurt that I couldn't give that to her. I wasn't going to lie either and say that I was dealing with it and healing because the truth is I'm not. Maybe things would be different if an anonymous someone wasn't up my ass all the time.

"I don't know B, maybe it'll help if you have someone else other than me to talk about it with...I'm not around as much, and I would hate for you to keep it bottled in. It's going to break you."

"That's the thing Vee. I don't want to talk about it. I don't even want to think about it" I stressed.

"I just want you to know that nothing that happened was your fault. You did what you had to do, you don't have to carry that burden with you Blake. You saved yourself."

"Vee please"

Now that the mood was killed and Vee got the notion that I didn't want to talk about it, we walked in silence all the way back to the dorm.

_______________

"I look so fat in this bikini."

"My shoulders are broad."

"I wish my legs were shinier."

We were all staring at ourselves in the mirror in our swimsuits getting ready for the bonfire.

"Maybe I should wear the black one piece, it makes me look skinny" Delilah said grabbing another swimsuit off her bed.

"Please you literally have my dream body" Vee complimented.

"Doesn't she though?" I added.

Delilah chuckled before changing into the black swimsuit with a lace sundress for a cover-up.

I was wearing a black thong bikini with a knitted long-sleeve mini dress that had a plunge neck deep enough to see the bra part of my bikini. My hair was in its signature sleek bone straight style.

Vee had on a white bikini with a white knitted skirt cover-up and her curly hair in its natural state, flipped over to the side.

Like before, Persephone was waiting for us in front of the school, so we hurried up to put the finishing touches on our makeup and outfits.

We all left, and once we spotted Persephone's car we all hopped in.

It was about a ten-minute drive to the beach from Kinderton, Lightbridge Hills was surrounded by water so all the beaches were within a ten-mile radius. Surprisingly since I've been here I hadn't been to the beach, and the beaches here was one of Lightbridge Hills' main attractions, coming second to the founding family drama that many tourists and journalist came here to write about. 

We pulled up to a nearby parking lot and could spot all the kids from Kinderton parading around the beach and the huge bonfire that was spewing flames and sparks, was the only light that was in the area.

"Okay before we get out, I brought a little something something" Persephone said reaching over to her glove compartment and pulling out a bottle of tequila.

"Everyones got to take two shots before we go" She held the bottle up in the air.

"But we don't have any shot glasses."

"Guess we'll just have to eye it" Persephone winked.

She took two gulps from the bottle, estimating it was two shots, before passing it around. We all did the same but by the time the bottle was in the last person's hand 2/3 of it was gone.

That was definitely not two shots each, and since we drank it so fast I knew the effects would soon hit me like a MACK truck.

We all got out and began walking up the beach, as we got closer the music got louder, but it wasn't as loud as the mansion party. It had a more chill vibe to it. This was my type of party.

Cory spotted us and jogged over.

"You made it!" He said with burgeoning excitement. I could tell he was a bit tipsy himself.

"I want you guys to meet somebody" He motioned for us to come closer to the bonfire, so we did.

There was standing another guy who had a fair complexion and loose curly hair.

"This is my friend Jeremiah" Cory introduced putting the emphasis on friend. The way Jeremiah threw his arm around Cory's shoulder and looked at him let me know that they were definitely more than friends. Me and the girls all looked at each other in amusement, excited that Cory bagged him a super hot guy.

"Nice to meet you all" He flashed us a smile.

"Let's get yall a drink."

Cory and Jeremiah walked us over to a keg stand and poured us each a cup of beer that was filled to the top. I absolutely hated beer but didn't want to be the only person who didn't drink it as they all chugged their red cups down.

"Whew!" Cory yelled out holding his cup in the air and crushing it.

"Pour me another one Jere." 

I laughed hysterically, I don't know if it was because I was already feeling the effects of the tequila or because I had never seen Cory this loose before. He was always so reserved and collected, not to mention he's my manager, and the majority of the time I saw him it was in a professional setting.

The beach was so gorgeous at night, from afar you could see the waves crashing down onto the sand, washing up the seashells and seaweed. The salty sea water could be smelled with every crash and made you wince every time it invaded your nostrils, the breezy air was perfect, not too cold and not too strong. It was the perfect night.

Vee grabbed my hand and twirled me around, and we both began to dance. The rest of them joined in, and we were having a good time. Jeremiah handed us some sparklers, and we each grabbed one and paraded around with the sparklers in our hands. 

Persephone began twerking, and we all laughed, Delilah jokingly got behind her, acting as if she was a guy smacking her butt.

"Pop that thang."

_________________

"I'm so drunk" I slurred thinking I was talking to Vee. I continued talking to what I thought was Vee, but when I wasn't getting a response I turned to see that Vee was never with me in the first place, she had met some guy and was currently sitting down on the sand making out with him.

Yeah, I was definitely drunk.

This whole time I kept downing cups of the beer I absolutely hated and danced around the bonfire with Cory, Jeremiah, and Delilah. Persephone was lying face down in the sand passed out, we tried to wake her up, but she only rolled over and told us to, and I quote "Fuck off" so we let her be and kept an eye on her.

Delilah was pretty out of it, so I knew that this little fiasco would be wrapping up soon. Jeremiah hadn't been drinking, and Cory basically forced him to drive us all home.

Jeremiah and Cory were so cute. You could tell that this was something new between them, and they were trying not to move too fast. He would try to kiss Cory and Cory would giggle and back up, pushing his mouth away. Too cute.

Vee soon appeared and threw her arm around my shoulder, and we both stumbled and giggled from how drunk we were.

"Enjoying your little boy toy" I slurred.

"He- He's fucking annoying" She burped. This made me laugh so hard that I fell to the ground sending her with me.

"Wheww white girl wasted" Vee rolled around in the sand.

"Oh my God get up" I struggled to get back on my feet and pulled her by the arm laughing.

"Okay girls I think it's time to go" Jeremiah said helping Vee up and she hung onto his shoulder, playing with his nose.

"Yeah girls" Cory mocked

"But I was just getting started" Delilah whined.

"Yeah they were just getting started" Cory mocked again, making me laugh.

"Let's go girls" Jeremiah ignored him and grabbed us both by the hand.

"Let's go girls !" Cory repeated and skipped behind us.

He was so funny when he was drunk, or maybe I was just drunk.

"Persephone get up" Delilah tugged at her arm.

"Fuck off" Persephone mumbled into the sand.

"Get up. Right now" Delilah pulled her arm again, but Persephone snatched it away which caused Delilah to tumble to the ground.

"You bitch" Delilah scowled.

Jeremiah grabbed Persephone and threw her over his shoulder. She kicked and resisted for all of two seconds before she went back into a deep sleep.

Delilah handed Jeremiah her keys, and it took her a second to spot her car, but once she did, Jeremiah helped us all get into the car. I was competent enough to sit up in the front, but Delilah, Vee, and Persephone were slumped over each other in the back seat.

"You're such a great person Jeremiah. I can tell Cory really likes you" I drunkenly said, leaning my head up against the window.

"You're so hot too. You and Cory are going to make cute babies" I added.

"Uh I don't know about babies Blake, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a guy" Jeremiah laughed.

"Oh yeah, well then, when you cum in that cup-"

"Okay that's enough Blake" 

We both laughed, but I soon fell asleep with my head against the window.

"Were here" 

I felt the car come to a halt which woke me up out of my slumber, we had arrived at Kinderton, and the girls were still in the backseat sleep.

The whole night something had been itching at me, and it was Paxton. He kept crossing my mind after I saw him earlier, the alcohol and the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about him is probably what led me to do what I was going to do next.

"Jeremiah, can you do me a favor and make sure the girls get up to the room safe? Room C104. I need to stop somewhere."

"Uh yeah sure no prob, should I just leave the car here? I can Uber back to the beach."

"Yeah, that'll be great. Thank you"

I felt comfortable leaving the girls in his hand as he took care of us the entire night, and if he was going to try something, I felt like he would've done it while he was in the car alone with us. Also he's gay.

"Be safe, okay? Text Cory when you make it back so we know you're alright" He called out as I got out of the car. I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs-up before walking to the boy's dorm building.

It's like my mind had a different agenda than my body. My body needed to go back to my dorm and sleep, but my mind was on Paxton. I wanted to see him. Looking back on it I feel ashamed for thinking like that. He treated me so shitty but yet here I was at 3:00 am walking to his dorm like a lost puppy. He's like a poisonous magnet, and I keep gravitating to him, and every time I infect myself with a poisonous toxin that only he could supply.

I remembered his dorm room number when I picked up one of my trig books I let him borrow.

If I were to get caught right now it would be over for me, but luckily most of the on-campus staff was sleeping, and I doubt any guy would snitch because there is a girl in the boy's dorm. 

I tiptoed inside but I was so disoriented that when I reached the staircase, I fell to my butt.

Fuck that hurt.

I used the palm of my hands to push me to my feet, and this time I leaned on the railing for support as I sloppily made my way up the steps.

His dorm was on the second floor, thankfully and I roamed the hallways until I found a dorm room number that looked similar to his.

What was I going to say to him? I had no idea. I didn't even know why I came, I wanted to see him, but I didn't put much thought into it after that. Maybe I'll just look at him and run. I don't fucking know.

I banged on his door, not realizing how loud I was. For a minute, nothing happened, and I realized that he was probably sleep or not even here. It's a Friday night, and I would be delusional to think that Paxton wasn't at a party of his own.

Standing there in silence allowed me to think about how dumb this whole idea was and how stupid I'll look showing up at his door drunk out of my mind at 3:00 am with no plan behind it. I turned away and began walking but froze in my tracks once I saw the door swing open.

I was now starting to wish I would've realized this earlier and walked away maybe a few seconds before because I wasn't prepared to turn around and face him to explain why the hell I was here.

"Blake..." His baritone voice said. It was a simple 'Blake', no anger, no happiness, just a 'Blake.'

I turned around and almost stumbled. I looked up at him with my eyes low, and he just stared at me, glancing down at me and his eyes roamed my body for only a minute. I wrapped my hands around my waist as I remembered I had on this tiny bathing suit and a little cover-up dress. He was shirtless, revealing his chest full of tattoos with black sweatpants on. God, does he ever wear any other color?

Now that I was face to face with him, my blood began to boil. I wasn't expecting to feel this type of fury when I came up here, the whole way here my only feeling was sorrow but now I unexpectedly was angry.

"I hate you. I fucking hate you" I spat.

"Blake-"

"Shut the fuck up. SHUT UP" I pushed his chest, and he winced which made me instantly regret it. I remembered how badly he was beaten up and felt terrible for putting my hands on the same spot he was bruised in.

"You need to leave Blake. You're drunk" He grabbed my hands, and I started laughing hysterically before snatching my hand away.

"D-Dont fucking touch me. Why were you so shitty to me? Do you even know how you made me feel Paxton? Do you even know? No, you don't because even after you were such a dick, I still tried to help y-you"

Oh no. 

I was crying now.

What the fuck.

He looked at me with that same blank stupid nonchalant face, and then a regretful expression came across his face. He looked down at the floor and then back up at me.

"You need to leave. Now"

"Fuck you" I fumed.

"Blake-"

"Stop cutting me off! Let me talk. I tried to help you, and you just pushed me away. I'm sorry for telling Adrian okay I really am, and I didn't do it to get under him, I wish I could tell you why but I can't- I just can't. I'm so sorry Paxton. You're still an asshole though, I saw you with her!"

Stop talking Blake. Stop talking.

"You were fucking with her, and I can't believe it. Do you not h-have a heart? You only care about yourself. Dick. Y-you're a dirty low life piece of shit dick." I pushed him again, completely forgetting about what I had said before.

At this point, I was saying a whole bunch of nothing but the word vomit wouldn't stop.

"You need to lea-"

"Paxton, who is that?"

I heard a voice come from behind him. A sweet voice. A girl's voice.

Paxton stepped to the side, and my heart dropped at the sight.

Dylan was behind him with nothing but a bra and panties on.

I really wish I would've walked away now.

____________

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter !

Please vote, comment, and share :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 22.3K 65
Everyone has at least one secret, right? But what happens when the most dangerous ones are revealed? The life of the girl behind the mask will be tu...
1K 48 99
Prepsworth Academy - an elite, private boarding school in Australia, is plagued rumours and mystery. In their final year, ten students are caught up...
162 14 22
PUBLISHED SINCE DECEMBER 2014. AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON, BARNES&NOBLES, AND XLIBRIS. XOXO <3 Nicole was one of those perfect students, with an impecc...
The Secret By Trina Maria

Mystery / Thriller

652 3 34
I have a secret, one I cannot tell. If I do my mother dies but if I don't I might. ---------- Maya was a sweet girl she loved wearing dresses, she ke...