A New Start || Seventeen

By ArtemisEve1004

Daena moves half way across the world to chase her dream but this move has put her put her back in the life o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 31

767 17 1
By ArtemisEve1004

Jeonghan was coming to the conclusion that the last 2 weeks had been the slowest in the history of time.

He had enjoyed the promotional period in Japan with the members but also couldn't wait to go home. He had something he needed to do.

Joshua had caught Jeonghan before he had called Daena the day Seungkwan had almost convinced him to ask her to be his girlfriend over the phone and stopped him.

Initially Jeonghan was annoyed at Joshua for interfering and at Seungkwan for telling Joshua his plans in the first place.

But when Jeonghan calmed down enough to give Joshua a chance to explain he had simply said that it was something that should be done in person and made special. Something which Hoshi had agreed with profusely.

This was also the moment Jeonghan had realised that if he was going to have a relationship with Daena he was also going to have to put up with Joshua and Hoshi being all up in his business, well more than they were already.

Jeonghan had to agree with Joshua on this occasion, he was right. He needed to make this special. He hadn't felt this way about anyone before. His previous relationships had all been with other idols and had never really been traditional as that didn't fit with their lifestyles. In fact most of them ended because their schedules kept them apart the majority of the time. This wasn't something he regretted really, he hadn't been that invested in any of them. Until now he had never even considered dating a normal girl let alone dating seriously.

But dating in his line of work was always going to be difficult. A fact which each of the members knew all too well. The schedules didn't leave much time for dating, not to mention that there was an unspoken rule to not date publicly. Hence the previous relationships with other idols, both sides understood the need for some secrecy.

This time away had left Jeonghan with too much time to think and a lot of doubts about whether this would work. He felt guilty about putting Daena in a position where she couldn't talk about them openly or that he couldn't even take her for dinner like a normal couple. However whenever he started to think too hard about what the future held he would check his phone to find that Daena had either tried to call or sent him a message, almost like she knew what he was thinking and he would instantly be back to thinking it was worth a try.

Jeonghan was now sat in the back of a car that was headed back to the dorm, their flight having landed earlier that day. His leg was bouncing up and down with nervous energy.

Seungkwan sighed and rolled his eyes from the seat beside him. "Just go see her" he groaned exhausted by Jeonghan's constant ups and downs in mood on the trip.

The pair had shared a hotel room and Seungkwan secretly wanted Jeonghan out of the dorm as he needed a break from Jeonghan's incessant talking about Daena and what he should do.

Seungkwan had considered asking Jeonghan to pay him for the counselling and therapy he had provided over the last few weeks. After all it wasn't in his job description as the younger member.

"I can't, she's at work" Jeonghan sighed

"Doesn't Joshua have a key to her apartment?" Seungkwan asked.

"Yes, but I can't just let myself in" Jeonghan replied.

"Joshua does"

Jeonghan frowned at Seungkwan.

Seungkwan put his hands up in defence. "I'm just telling the truth"

"Fine, I know, but they have known each other their whole lives almost, I don't think we are there yet"

Seungkwan just nodded in response and pulled out his phone in an attempt to end the conversation.

"Shall I ask her what time she will be home?" Jeonghan asked.

Seungkwan sighed. "I thought you knew her schedule?"

"Well what if she has plans after work with a friend?"

"Jeonghan!" Seungkwan snapped turning to face Jeonghan, his diva side showing. "She knows your coming home today, I doubt she's made plans"

Jeonghan realised he was being needy again. He wasn't usually like this and he didn't like it. "Sorry, your right, I'll just text her" he said apologising.

Jeonghan pulled out his phone and did just that.

-

Daena pulled out her phone from her bag as soon as the last student had exited her classroom for lunch closing the door behind them.

She beamed as she saw Jeonghan had messaged her earlier that morning, she knew Seventeen where due back in Korea today and was hoping Jeonghan would be able to find time in his schedule to see her.

She opened the message and read what Jeonghan had sent.

'I'm home, can I come over later? What time will you be back from work?'

Daena responded quickly.

'Welcome home, yes I'll be home at 6, see you then?'

Jeonghan response was almost instant.

'See you then jagiya'

"Talking to your boyfriend?" Leah's voice came from the doorway.

Daena jumped at the sound dropping her phone on the floor.

"Jeez, you scared me" She cried holding her hands to her chest

"Sorry, I did close the door pretty loudly, I thought you heard me' Leah said crossing the room and picking up  Daena's phone for her.

"I didn't, I was distracted" Daena replied holding her hand out in an attempt to get Leah to release her phone.

Leah did not, instead she stared intently at the screen clearly reading the still open message.

"I see why, jagiya huh? You are already using pet names" Leah laughed.

"Stop, I'm sure he added it as a joke" Daena replied blushing.

"Sure, sure, next you'll be calling him babe" Leah chuckled.

"Eww, no, not a fan of pet names" Daena cringed just thinking about it.

"Are you gonna ask him not to call you jagiya then?"

"I'll think about it" Daena replied, she had liked hearing the term of endearment from Jeonghan, it was effectively like calling someone honey in English, a thought that normally would make her cringe but strangely not this time.

"Sure, sure" Leah replied clearly not believing a word Daena was saying. She grabbed a chair in the front row of the classroom and sat down.

"So if he's coming over tonight are you going to have the DTR conversation?" Leah asked.

Daena blinked back at her confused. "DTR?" She questioned.

"Define the relationship, are you dating? Is he your boyfriend? Are you exclusive?" Leah explained.

"Ohh umm I'm not sure, I've never really done that before" Daena muttered.

"You've dated before right?" Leah asked, shock clear on her face.

"Yes" Daena responded immediately before Leah could make anymore wild assumptions. "But I've never had to ask before, my ex just introduced me as his girlfriend one day and that was that"

"Boring, if I start to date someone I want them to sweep me off my feet and ask me to be their girlfriend in the most romantic way possible" Leah said fake swooning in her chair.

"Of course you do, come on I'm hungry and lunch will be over if we don't move soon" Daena said packing up her things and moving to drag Leah from the room.

"Fine, I'm coming, I'm starving" Leah said getting up on her own.

Daena followed her friend out of the room grinning wildly. She knew she would spend the rest of the day counting down the minutes to 6pm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 934 75
A little K-Pop fan takes a little tumble after meeting another big star. How would that turn out?
192K 4.3K 34
Taylor just got her heart broken and decided to move to Korea to live with her best friend. She didn't know that her best friend is working with one...
42K 1.7K 79
A sequel to "Twelve Little Brothers." The boys have officially entered high school. Well, the majority of them anyways. They're now seven years older...
56.3K 1.2K 69
She lost her mother. Her father remarried a woman who has a child of her own. That moment on the altar, she had also lost her father. She ran away fr...