Ace of Spades ✅

Ferdeausee_ tarafından

Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. She exudes chaos, drawing it in like a moth to a flame. Everywhere sh... Daha Fazla

Author's Note + Aesthetics + Copyright
1; Cypher.
2; Hold the applause.
3; Things she never said.
4; Through the eyes of a child.
6; Mount Everest ain't got shit on me.
7; Little Miss Chaebol.
8; Beer, and bruised egos.
9; Ciao. Te Amo.
10; It's a siblings thing.
11; Black Diamond.
12; You Don't Know What It's Like.
13; You Follow the Rules. I make them.
14; With, or without you.
15; Baggage from the past.
16; Hate At First.
17; A sudden twist.
18; Who is she really?
19; You should see me in a crown.
20; Don't talk to me.
21; Don't do that.
22; Love to hate you.
23; That's Not How this Works.
24; Tears of Gold.
25; Denial is a river in Egypt.
26; Something called love.
27; Partners for life.
28; My plea to you.
29; Wicked.
30; Broken Hearts & Shattered Souls.
31; Too good to be true.
32; Power Over Me.
33; Love, a soul that cares.
34; Fall in love alone.
35; Finale: De Una Vez.
Final Author's Note

5; I was bored.

652 176 38
Ferdeausee_ tarafından

You enjoying the daily updates?

How has Eid been for you? I'm not seeing comments o. Drop am now.

Spring Orphanage, Abuja.

"I'm sorry, this is the only extra we have." One of the volunteers in the orphanage stated, handing out a handful of clothing to Inaya that she had went out to get. "I'm not sure if it will fit you though, or if it's too your liking."

The addressed woman offered her a warm smile, "Don't worry about it." She waved it off, knowing she was in so situation to be picky. Luckily though, she and the word 'picky' don't belong in the same context. "But where do I..."

"Oh, over there." The woman was quick to catch one, her hand extending as she pointed a finger in a particular direction. "You can change in the ladies' room over there."

"Thank you." Placing another hand on the cloth to keep them from spilling on the floor, she maneuvered her way towards the changing room to finally get out of her drenched clothes. It wouldn't do her any good to stay in it, she knows better than anyone.

However, while changing out of the soaking clothes and into a dry, and admittedly warmer ones, her mind wasn't there. Instead, it was on a particular one she had come across earlier—just not in the way she wanted to.

She was the first to look away when she realized the position they were in, instantly pushing herself up on her feet and managing to pull up a poker expression as well. What? She refuses to be the damsel lead that gets all wrapped up in the guy's fever that she even drools. Even if she doubts anyone could blame her if she does. Aadil Kari is admittedly a sight to behold.

Inaya nearly scoffed at the thought—and perhaps, it even showed across her features as well. She couldn't believe she was even having such thoughts. Visibly shaking her head, she chased the thoughts away with a new pair of slippers and out of the window. They weren't welcomed at all, not in the slightest.

She found herself clearing her throat, and when she finally decided to turn around and start up a conversation with him, her eyes dilated slightly, mouth falling open when in his stead, stood a shorter woman—a volunteer there judging from the top she has on like the others.

In an attempt to figure out what happened in those few moments she had her head turned around, she swiveled her head to the side to see if she could spot the man. Was he really there? Or was her mind playing tricks on her.

It couldn't be. She didn't even hit her head when she fell, and she wasn't feeling dizzy whatsoever. She felt perfectly healthy so delusions couldn't have been real.

Luckily, it turned out she did indeed see him, because her gaze fell on him leaning in front of those kids following her to match their height. She couldn't see his face exactly, since he had his broad back turned towards her—she could see the kids' reaction though. They were chuckling over whatever it is he said to them, their attention no longer on her.

Inaya pressed her lips together, quietly watching the exchange with a distant mind. What exactly was she feeling? It's hard to say really. Even she couldn't tell. All she knew was that her mind was far gone in that position.

"You might want to change out of that." The sound of the volunteer woman's voice came, pulling her out of those thoughts with a jerk.

When Inaya shifted her stray gaze and attention to her, she quirked a slight brow. "Excuse me, what?" She didn't exactly get what the woman said. Truth be told, she was baffled internally as well, because she's always been aware of her situations and yet for the second time that day, she was puzzled and out of line.

"Your clothes..." The woman gestured to the soaked pill of clothing threatening to stick to Inaya's skin—thankfully, they were baggy so they haven't done that already.

"Oh, right." Inaya blinked, realization dawning on her. Truth be told, she didn't think playing with a water gun will lead to her getting that wet. It was possible though since she has six kids against her that mastered the art of the game. They were relentless on the field.

The woman offered her a small smile, one that gives the children when she finds something they do to be cute. She was aware Inaya seems to be older than her, but she has been acting like the kids so she couldn't help it as well.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she focused on her task at hand. "Come with me. I think I can find something for you to wear in the meantime." She offered.

Inaya nodded, and followed the woman's lead as she took them away from the man that occupied Inaya's thoughts earlier, as well as the kids. Choosing to keep them away, she tried to skim the area in an attempt to find Kamal as well, because last she remembered they were on this together but the man was no longer in sight no matter how hard she looked. She dismissed it as well, knowing he would turn up eventually.

And that was how she found herself changing into another much more comfortable outfit. Admittedly though, she would've preferred any other outfit at that moment as long as it wasn't dripping wet.

Shrugging on the varsity jacket given to her along with the top and pants, she hunched her hair up, using a scrunchie to tie it all together into a small bun. Thankfully, it hadn't gotten wet else it would've been a real hassle. She has this stubborn, natural curls that always end up becoming a hassle when it gets in contact with water. It recoils in size, and becomes even tougher to brush through. She hates it really.

Nonetheless, she was glad to find a vintage scarf along with the clothes given to her—so she used it to cover her hair entirely. When she was done, she gave herself a onceover, satisfied with her look. Despite it not being hers, it actually fits her. It's more Inaya-ish.

The top is just like that the other volunteers have on—though she could recall neither Aadil nor Kamal had it on. They were dressed in their normal attires, and the pants were just a random black denim. The varsity jacket doesn't seem to go along with the outfit—not that it doesn't fit but doesn't seem like it comes as a complete package.

Besides, it was pretty big as well and has this particular scent that screams familiarity. She loves it, it provided her with warmth that she needed at the moment, so she didn't swell on the possible 'what ifs'.

On stepping out of the dressing room, she wasn't surprised the see the woman from earlier waiting for her. Having spotted Inaya finally making her way out, she covered the distance between them and extended her hand to retrieve the wet outfit.

"Give me this. I'd have it washed and dried before you leave."

Inaya's lips parted slightly, and then she found herself shaking her head. "Oh, no. You don't have to worry about it. I'll get it done when I return home."

"Nonsense." The woman was quick to wave it off. "Unless you're planning on leaving now, let us help with this. After all, the kids are responsible for it."

"Really...you don't have to--"

She wasn't given a chance to reply as the woman simply got the clothes out of her hold. Flashing her a small smile, her eyes dilated a bit as if remembering something. "Also," She slipped her hand inside her pocket and pulled out something before handing it over to Inaya. "Kamal said to give you this supplement. Apparently, you have a weak immune system?" She didn't sound sure of her words as well...as if wondering if she said the right thing or not.

Inaya hesitantly retrieved it, before eying it. "Vitamin C." She stated, her lips curling into a small smile before she looked up to meet the woman's gaze. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." With that said, the woman turned around and left, leaving Inaya alone.

Inaya flipped the Vitamin C, staring at the pack of tablets with a brow slightly quirked. She had so many questions, and would've voiced them out if not for something that caught her attention. Pushing those thoughts aside, she popped one and placed it in her mouth before slipping it in the pocket of the jacket. It tastes the same as she remembers it. The thought had her smiling slightly.

Sighing, she took a few steps forward in an attempt to head out as well, only to come to a halt when a familiar figure made his way into the lounge, looking over a file in his hand. Judging from the crease formed between his brows, he was too engrossed in it to even realize her presence in the room.

For a second, she contemplated on whether to walk up to him and say something, considering he is the reason she went there in the beginning. And yet another part told her to leave him alone. Whatever he is doing, he seemed fully engrossed in it and she would hate to interrupt the moment for him.

It seemed she didn't need to think hard, because he suddenly looked up—as if sensing someone's gaze on him. Looking around, his arctic cold eyes fell on hers, and like the other times she's seen him, his facial didn't give anything away.

Out of instinct, she found herself bringing her right hand out, and giving him a slight wave—her lips slanting upwards into a smile that seemed slightly forced, because they both know it is.

When he didn't make any move, not to return the wave or the smile—not that she expected that from him, she took that as her cue to simply walk up to him and say whatever is on her mind. There's no point of going back now, not when they are finally alone. Might as well heed to the actual reason she's there.

She came to a stop once she was standing a reasonable distance away from him, maintaining eye contact. "Hello, team mate." Yet again, she tucked her hands away in the pockets of the jacket—it was a habit of hers to do so.

For the next few seconds, he didn't say a word to her. In fact, it seemed he had zero intentions of doing so. It was a miracle he was still staring at her as well—though the intensity of the cold gaze was enough to have one frozen in their exact position.

Inaya hated it. She doesn't do well with the silent treatment from others, and it just so appears Aadil is an expert in that field much to her dismay. She let out a slight scoff, looking away for a brief second. "Seriously?" She quirked a slight brow, her eyes meeting his again. "I came all the way down here to talk, to have a rational conversation and yet, you won't say a thing."

Still, he kept shut. While she was starting to get irritated, he wasn't fazed in the slightest. If anything, he seemed to be waiting for her to be done so he could go on with his life.

The seconds kept passing, and with each one that ticked away, her irritation was starting to grow. How could she not? She doubts anyone is immune to the silent treatment, not when you're in desperate need of an answer.

Realizing she has nothing more to say, or more like he had wasted enough time standing there and having a stare off with her, he looked away and continued on with his strides in whatever direction he had in mind.

Inaya kissed her teeth, eyes flicking away in annoyance. She could've chosen silence as well under normal circumstances since she was just as stubborn, but she couldn't—not when she was in a desperate situation, even if she doesn't make it seem so.

Unable to hold herself, she found herself voicing out something she hoped will get through to him. "You aren't acting like this because we have a history together, right?" Her tone came out monotonous, her expression instantly losing all sort of emotions painted across it earlier.

Like she expected, Aadil came to a halt in his steps, no longer making another move to walk away or ignore her.

She took that as her cue to continue. Taking a few steps, she swiveled around to face him just in time he turned around as well; his emotionless eyes meeting hers that mirrored his.

"—you can't possibly still be hung on the past, right?" She added, sounding indifferent of something she shouldn't. She didn't want to pull this card as well, it was personal for them both but it seemed he was taking it personally, and she couldn't help it.

For the first time since she made her gracious appearance in his life again, Aadil found himself unable to hold back as well. "Just who do you think you are?" He questioned, his voice low and void of any emotion. His expression gave the answer she voiced out.

Still never moving her gaze away from his, she answered. "No one." She was no one to him, at least not anymore. His actions proved that much to her, and she wouldn't make the mistake of thinking otherwise. "I am no one to you. Which is why I believe there's no reason for us to not work together. We have a bigger issue to take care of."

Aadil held her gaze for a few seconds longer than necessary, as if vetting her words. When he spoke again, she didn't expect the words that came from him. "I just have one question." He paused, his brows drawing in. "Why did you hack into the Farm?" It seemed to be the one question he couldn't get an answer to no matter how hard he wracks his brain. She'd always gotten such out of him.

She shrugged, her lips suddenly stretching into a lazy grin. "I was bored."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

157 9 3
ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴘʟɪᴇᴅ ''yₒᵤ wₒₙ'ₜ dᵢₑ.. yₒᵤ ₛₜᵢₗₗ ₕₐᵥₑ ₐ ₘᵢₛₛᵢₒₙ ₜₒ ₐccₒₘₚₗᵢₛₕ.. fᵢₙd ₜₕₑ cₕₒₛₑₙ ₒₙₑ.. ₐₙd bᵣᵢₙg ₐ ₙₑw ₕₑᵢᵣ ₜₒ ₜₕₑ ₜₕᵣₒₙₑₛ..'' ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱᴘᴏᴋᴇ ʙᴜᴛ...
28.8K 5.4K 35
|The Shodeindes: 2| Shalewa Shodeinde didn't expect her life to take this turn. It was all fairy tales. I mean, who gets so lucky to be married to th...
3.2K 109 23
She is ice, and he is fire. Everyone bows to her out of respect, and everyone bows to him out of fear. Many people die to have her, and many people w...
13.5K 2.6K 39
What is your spec? I mean those qualities you desire your future partner to possess? Definitely not being way below in the social ladder right? Espec...