Cheer Up

Od alwaysdreamx

Angelie learned at a young age to not judge a book by its cover. Her life may look perfect, but on the inside... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

1.1K 32 5
Od alwaysdreamx

Her parents stared at her for about minute, not saying anything. And then it was like a bomb went off and her mother started yelling, her father walking down the hall to go to his study (he didn’t like to get involved with this stuff… pussy), “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING!? WE HAD GUESTS OVER AND YOU COME DOWN TO SEE THEM GO LOOKING LIKE THAT?!”

“But mom-,“ she cut Angelie off.

“I THOUGHT WE RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THAT! AND HOW DID YOU GET INTO THOSE CLOTHES!? DID YOU CHANGE IN FRONT OF THAT BOY THAT YOU BARELY KNOW!?”

“What? No mom-,” Angelie tried to get her to stop, but she cut her off again.

“I AM COMPLETELY DISGUSTED WITH YOU RIGHT NOW! I CAN NOT BELIEVE MY DAUGHTER ACTED LIKE SUCH A SLUT!” That hurt Angelie deep. She felt tears prick the back of her eyes but she forced herself not to cry. She hasn’t cried in front of her mom about anything and she really wasn’t going to start now. That was until her mother grabbed her arm roughly, pulling her towards the stairs. “GO UPSTAIRS AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!” A tear fell from Angelie’s eye; she tried to hide it with no luck. “AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE THE TEARS EITHER!” She pushed her roughly towards the stairs, Angelie almost falling down in the process.

She ran up the stairs and straight into her bedroom. She slammed and locked the door behind her, before leaning her back against it and sliding to the floor. She wrapped her arms around her knees and just cried.

After she cried for about 10 minutes she wiped her eyes and stood up. She didn’t even look in the mirror as she passed it. She made sure she threw her phone onto her bed before opening the balcony doors. Connor’s lights were on so she sat down in one of the chairs she had out there and grabbed her little bucket of pebbles.

She threw pebble after pebble across gap between the balconies until the movement of the door knob was heard through the twilight air. He walked out and immediately saw her face, she’d been crying and he knew it. Neither of them said anything as Connor climbed across the tree and onto her balcony.

She stood up once his feet hit the floor and practically jumped into his arms, burying her face into his neck, breathing in his familiar scent. She felt the tears start to stream down her cheeks again as he soothed her by rubbing her back. He knew that this could only be because of her parents, probably her mom. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked back into her room, kicking the balcony doors shut. He sat back against the pillows on her bed, shifting his best friend so she was cradled in his lap instead.

He soothed her, whispering soothing words and rubbing her back as quiet sobs racked through her lean body.

When Angelie’s sobs finally quieted, little sniffles just coming out of her every so often she pulled her head away from Connor’s neck looking into his comforting eyes. She knew he wouldn’t force her to talk but he knows that she always did when she was ready. He pushed the hair that got stuck to her face by her tears behind her ears before she started to speak.

She told the whole story to Connor, from the point where she came home to when she ran upstairs. He listened the whole time, rubbing her back when it got hard to talk.

“Con, my own mother called me a slut,” a loud sob went through her. “How could she say that to me? I’m not anything near a slut. I’m her only daughter. Does she not want me?”

Connor grabbed the sides of her face with his big hands, “Hey, sh sh sh. You are not a slut. Do you hear me? You are amazing. Whatever she says is complete and total bullshit.”

Angelie looked up into his shining eyes, “So when she told me I was beautiful earlier, that was a lie?”

Connor chuckled, “You are the most beautiful girl in the world.”

A small smile graced her beautiful face, “I love you Con.”

He pulled her face closer to his and kissed her forehead, her eyes closing against the contact. “I love you too Angie.”

She cuddled into his neck, “Can you stay tonight?”

He wrapped his arms tighter around her after pulling the covers from under him and placing them over the both of them. He got comfortable, “I didn’t plan on leaving you.”

He felt her smile against his neck. He placed his head on top of hers, listening as her breathing became even as she fell into a deep sleep.

Connor hated seeing her that upset. It made him violent and he wasn’t a violent person. He just didn’t understand how a mother could be that cruel to her only child. And I really don’t understand how her father could just let it happen, Angelie was always a daddy’s girl, she has been all her life. She’s always tried to be the perfect daughter, always hiding the bad behind the good that she possessed. But her parents never saw the good, they only saw the little things that went wrong with her and it sickened him.

Connor sighed as he made himself even more comfortable, cuddling closer to Angelie, holding her tighter. He listened to the steady noises of her breathing until he fell asleep himself.

Angelie woke up the next morning to sunlight streaming in her balcony doors. She squinted at the bright light and felt Connor stir beside her, his arm tightened around her waist as he spooned her from behind. She looked at the clock to see it was 9:04am. She had to leave for practice in about a half an hour. She felt Connor sigh into her hair, “You have to leave soon I’m guessing?” His voice was raspy with sleep.

“Yeah… got practice at 10.” She sat up as his arm loosened. She rubbed her eyes before looking at Connor who was still laying on her pillows.

“Want me to drive you?” He asked.

She shook her head, getting up from the bed, “That’s okay. I’m probably gonna stay late and tumble or something.”

He nodded as she walked into the bathroom. She did the normal morning business and walked out of her room to see her bed empty. Her phone was on her pillow so she went over and picked it up. There was a notepad written: Went home so you could get ready in peace. Have fun at practice :) Love you. – Connor

She smiled as she saved the note before walking into her closet. She pulled out a pair of pink Nike pros and a black sports bra. She put them on, throwing her pajamas in the hamper in the closet. She grabbed a white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of socks. She threw on the t-shirt as she walked to her mirror and put on the socks when she stopped walking.

She heard yelling from downstairs as she brushed her hair. She sighed and plugged her phone into her iHome, turning her music up loud so she couldn’t hear them.

They pretend to be the happiest people on earth. They pretend to still love each other. They haven’t loved each other since she was little. Everything has to do with their reputation. The Marx family always had to be perfect; perfect house, perfect marriage, and perfect daughter. Angelie got good grades, she was probably top ten in her class, she excelled at cheerleading, she cheered for her school’s varsity cheer team since freshmen year, she was pretty and she seemed to have a perfect life. The truth was, her life was far from perfect, her parents having a screaming-match downstairs was an example of that.

She put her slides on her feet and grabbed her cheer bag that had her sneakers in it and everything else she needed for practice. She grabbed her phone and left her room. Her parents probably went to work when her music was on, so she grabbed two big Gatorades from the fridge and grabbed the keys to her red 2013 Honda Civic, her baby.

She drove to practice with all the windows down and the music loud.

It was two and a half hours after her practice had ended and Angelie was still tumbling. She had long ago tumbled all her emotions out, now she was just frustrated because she couldn’t land the pass she was trying so hard to master this season. She was dripping sweat, literally. She looked like she went swimming. She had long ago shed her t-shirt and was now in spanks, sports bra and cheer shoes.

She groaned as she didn’t even get to the double full at the end of the pass.

“Ange!” Someone yelled from across the gym. She turned to see Victor, one of the coaches, looking at her, “You’re gonna get hurt. We’ll work on it. Go home.”

She nodded, pushing away the fly away hairs that were sticking to her forehead. “See you Friday,” she yelled as she walked to the cubby room.

“Bye!” He yelled back.

She grabbed her stuff from the cubby room, not bothering to put on her shirt or change her shoes, she was too hot. She was walking, taking big gulps of Gatorade as she did, past the front desk when she felt someone stop in front of her. She swallowed the mouthful of yellow Gatorade and looked up to see a mischievous smirk and brown eyes.

“Hey, babydoll, fancy seeing you here.”

She stared at Derek, “What are you doing here?”

“My sister here,” He put his arm around a girl’s shoulders, she looked about 12 years old, and Angelie hadn’t even noticed her there, “Was just practicing with the level four team.”

Angelie smiled at the girl, “That’s really cool, what’s your name?”

The girl smiled, her pearly teeth shining, her light brown eyes twinkling, “I’m Megan. You’re on large coed right!?” She and Derek looked so much alike. She also had near-black hair but hers was long and a bit wavy and her eyes were a little lighter. She was beautiful.

Angelie nodded, still smiling, “I am; I’m Angelie.”

Megan started jumping on the balls of her feet, “Oh my gosh! You guys are SO amazing! I want to be on that team one day!”

Angelie laughed a little, she had so much energy, and it was adorable. “You will be for sure.”

“I watched the end of your practice and oh my god, you guys are ever better in person. And I was watching you tumble before and I want to be able to tumble like you one day! You’re so amazing! You’re my new idol!” Megan hugged her around her slim waist.

Angelie was in shock, as she hugged the flamboyant 12 year old. Her eyes were wide as she met Derek’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” he mouthed.

She shook her head, a small smile pulling at her lips as Megan let go of her and smiled big. Then she turned to her brother, “Stay friends with her. I like her.” Then she turned and walked towards the front door of the gym.

Angelie stared after her in shock before laughing, “She’s awesome.”

Derek just glared at her, both of them turning to walk out together.

They didn’t say anything for a few seconds until Derek spoke up, “She was right you know.”

Derek watched as a cute look of confusion came across her face. “About what?”

“You are amazing.”

She smiled, “Thank you. But if you’ll excuse me, I have to get home and take the longest shower of my life.”

Derek laughed, as she opened her red Honda Civic and threw her stuff in the passenger seat. He took this time to actually look at her… her body had a light sheen of sweat covering it and she was in a sports bra and spandex. Her hair was in a messy ponytail. His eyes travelled down her long, toned legs to her white cheer sneakers and then pack up to her golden eyes that held a glint of amusement. She had caught him in the act but he wasn’t embarrassed for admiring, so he smirked at her. She rolled her eyes and got into the car.

“See you later, hotshot.” She said as she shut the door and turned the car on.

She pulled out of the space and drove home thinking about what Megan and Derek had said to her. This kept a smile on her face the whole way home.

Don't hate me! So sorry it took me foreverrrrrrr

There's probably mistakes in here so I apologize for that.

Anyway, I hope you like it :)

Vote, Comment, Fan ! Woooooooooo.

& I STILL NEED A COVER IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ME ONE! I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER & EVERRRRRRRRR

Belts & Purses,

Ashley :) 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

18K 1.7K 39
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
Summers End Od Ainsley

Tínedžerská beletria

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
5.5K 465 26
Nowadays, human beings blindly stumble through life. But a life lived with regrets is a life not lived at all. Elle and Lou share the same regret. T...
12K 408 20
Love is the strangest thing, it never happens when you want it too. It almost never happens with who you always thought it would. The world is becomi...