ON CUE | HYUNHO ⚘

Von rileysmiley139

Hyunjin decides to join a dance team after graduating, eager to keep a promise he made to his friend. However... Mehr

warnings/thank you's.
one. (prologue?)
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
ninteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two. | final.
EXTRA: fun facts.

twenty nine.

1.9K 78 46
Von rileysmiley139

There is somebody else.

It's been days.

I haven't been sleeping at the apartment. I can't seem to face Minho, so I just decided I was going to stay elsewhere. I've been staying with Felix at his place.

It might have been a bad move though, because now the members know that there is something up between Minho and I. Since we are the only ones who stay in that dorm, and now I'm not even staying there.

I've gotten many questions about it. Changbin asked me the other day if Minho had screamed at me again, and I had to come up with a lie. I've said the same story over and over that I'm staring to believe it myself.

"You fought over groceries?" Jisung asks, in disbelief.

Felix holds back I laugh. I glare, before looking back to Jisung. I nod. "I'm serious."

We are sitting in the apartment alone, just the three of us. Felix's roommates are already at the studio. It's a little after eight, and we were asked to come in later, around eleven.

"Hyunjin.." Jisung leans over and reaches out to my hand, taking it gently. "I hope you know, that I know." He says, giving me a look.

I raise a brow. "What do you know?"

"Minho told me everything." He says. I freeze. "I wanted to come here and get your side of the story before I decided who's side I was on. But now that you're lying...?"

"You're telling me I had made up this whole story to tell, just for you to tell me you knew the truth?" I exclaim, in disbelief. I take my hand away from his. "Jesus Christ."

Jisung chuckles. "Okay, I'm sorry for leading you on." He teases, standing back up straight. "Now tell me the truth. What actually happened?"

I turn over to him, sighing. "Seungmin asked me out on a date, and I didn't say no. I didn't say yes either, I just asked for a minute alone." I say. "I just.. I got shocked and Minho didn't even cross my mind, I just was thinking "what the hell?""

"Seungmin asked you out on a date?" Jisung asks, a bit shocked. "But I thought..." he looks to Felix. "Changbin..?" Felix just shrugs.

"Guys, I don't care." I groan. "I need help. How do I fix things with Minho?"

"Okay.." Felix sits up, turning to me. "To start, have you gave Seungmin an answer yet?"

My lips form a straight line.

"Oh, god dammit." Jisung facepalms.

I open the door, expecting the worst. Everybody is dancing, not even paying attention to me or anybody else but themselves. I expected more when I was told to come in ASAP.

I just sigh. I close the door and walk over to the leather couch, sitting down for a few minutes. I do notice the way Changbin looks at me though, then looks to Minho. When he looks back to me, his eyes widen.

I tilt my head, raising a brow. He lets out a breath before walking over to me. "I'm sorry for staring." He says, sitting down next to me.

I shake my head. "That's fine." I say. "I'm just wondering why you looked to me, then Minho?" I look over to him, looking at the way his face reacts to my question.

"I just.. I have noticed something is off." He shrugs. "So when you entered the room, I looked to Minho to see his reaction. I was expecting more than just a look then a sigh though."

"He looked at me?" I perk up.

He nods. "Yea. But it wasn't a good look."

"Oh."

He stays silent while I just think. It wasn't a good look. Ouch. That hurts more than most things to be honest. Changbin shuffles beside me, causing me to look back over at him.

He purses his lips. "Look," he starts. "I don't mean to overstep, I don't know what happened between you guys, but I think you should talk to him. Usually he's mean and moody, but this is a lot worse than usual."

"I.. know." I sigh. "But I don't know what to say. I mean, it's my fault this happened, but I can't seem to accept the fact that I need to do something. I'm waiting for him to." I say.

He lets out a breath. "You guys will never get through this if that's your attitude."

I groan. "Then what do I do..."

"Change your attitude!" He says. "And, apologize."

"I don't think apologies can fix this one." I mumble.

He stays silent for a moment, before he speaks again. "Then undo whatever you've done." He says.

I pause, looking over to him. He shrugs. "If apologies can't fix it, then maybe you should undo what you did to cause this. Fix that, then fix your friendship with him."

Friendship. Yeah.

I hum. "That's actually.. you're not wrong. I think—"

My words trail off. The more I think about it, the more it starts to make sense. If I could just undo this, if I could tell Seungmin no, like I should have, and talk about my relationship with Minho– I could fix everything.

"You know what, you're completely right." I say, sitting up. "Thank you Changbin. So much."

He chuckles. "I didn't— You're welcome?" He says, head tilted. "I'm always here to help?"

"Okay, then I need help with one last thing." I say, turning to him. "Do you know where I might find Seungmin?

His eyebrows furrow, looking at me a bit funny. "Um.. yeah? I don't get why that, you know never mind. I won't ask. He'd be on the second floor, where the cafeteria is." He says.

I nod. "I owe you, big time."

I don't even let him say anything more. I abruptly stand up, running out of the room and down the hall to fine the dandy boy. I run to the elevator, but take the stairs when I realize I don't have enough time to waste.

I have to do this and I have to do it now. I run up and every stair I step up gives me more and more of an adrenaline rush. I need to do this. I can't even let this go on a minute longer. I need us to be okay.

I don't even care what this is going to take. I should, but I don't. I don't care if Seungmin gets hurt anymore, because I'm doing this for Minho. I don't care if they look at me weirdly for running, because I'm doing this for Minho.

It took me too long to take us seriously and I regret that. It took me too long to realize that the whole thing wasn't one sided, and that Minho actually cared. It took me too long and now I need to stop wasting time.

I open the door, leading me to the big seating area that takes up the whole floor. I search around for Seungmin, and I spot him sitting across the room. I take a deep breath before I begin to walk over to him.

My thoughts are racing as I approach him. Am I ready to do this? Of course I am.. but it's going to hurt.

Him, not me.

He hears footsteps approaching, and turns around to see who it might be. I give him a little smile. He smiles wilder, turning around on his stool to face me directly.

"Hyunjin, I didn't expect to see you." He says, a sweet voice. "What's up?"

I sigh, taking a seat next to him. "I came to see you." I say calmly. I try to act neutal. I don't want to sound excited, because it will make him feel excited. I also don't want to come off as upset, because I want this to be easy.

"Oh?" He tilts his head, propping his head up on his hand. "Why?.. Did you need something? Or do you maybe need to tell me something?" He asks, a bit suggesting.

I inhale a deep breath. "Yeah, actually. I've been meaning to talk to you.. since last week." I scoot a bit closer.

He hums. "Why'd you wait so long?"

I chuckle. "It's been a long week." I say. "But uh— I really have been meaning to talk to you. Specifically, about what you asked me last week." I clarify, seeking for his reaction.

"O... Kay." He says, sitting up straight.

"So um," I start, rubbing my lips together. I sigh. "Listen, Seungmin. I think you're an amazing guy, I really do.. but.."

".. but?" He sits up straight.

"But, I'm seeing somebody." I say finally.

His face falters. "Oh."

"Yeah." I say. "So it's nothing against you, at all. I think you are really nice and a good friend.. but that's all. I'm not.. interested in you like that." I lean closer. "I want to say sorry, but I really don't think there's a need to apologize."

He shakes his head. "Of course not." He chuckles. "I understand fully, I promise. I don't want you to apologize or pity me, please." He says.

I stay silent. He looks to me, before just sighing. "I am a little bummed, however." He chuckles. "But I am not going to hold you to it.. and I wish you luck with whoever may get you."

Relief washes over me. He's such a great guy. He didn't even fight me over it, and understood immediately. I can't help but feel thankful, even if I shouldn't for such a small thing.

I smile. "Thank you, Seungmin. That means a lot to me."

It means more than anything. He was, no hatred towards him, the only thing standing between Minho and I. And maybe my unsure thoughts, but those are long gone after everything.

"Yeah, it's not a big thing." He shakes it off.

"It is, I am very thankful you are understanding." I say, "Seriously. I wish you the best."

I lean in, giving him a tight hug. His hands hesitantly wrap around me, and I smile. "I hope you find somebody who can appreciate you." I whisper into his ear, causing him to chuckle.

Minho watches from afar, feeling his heart crumble to pieces. He almost drops his smoothie. He watches as they hug tightly, the latter giggling as Hyunjin whispers into his ear.

I guess it did mean something to Hyunjin.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.4K 171 32
Sunhee couldn't accept the fact that her parents forced her to marry her childhood friend. Her life is seems better when she started being helped by...
1K 36 35
Where Hyunjin drag Felix to a dance event and Felix could have never predicted the outcome. 🔸🔸This story is just a piece of my imagination so this...
92.7K 3.2K 37
*completed* Your best friend ever since you were young, the one and only Lee Felix. You couldn't remember ever being apart from him, until you two we...
86.9K 2.5K 38
When you accidentally add your future best friend to your group chat. Yenne is a girl struggling with uni, she's stressed, burned out, and on the ver...