The Last of Its Kind [AoT]

By WhatADrag6

A child forced to live life on the streets until the unprecedented calamity that claimed many lives and left... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX

LXIV

888 39 26
By WhatADrag6

Night had slowly begun to arrive as feet dangled from the ship in consistent uneven rhythm. Thick eyelashes rested softly against porcelain cheeks as eyebrows furrowed deep in thought and concentration.

"You seem more gloomy than normal, Kyra." A voice spoke sitting next to Kyra, breaking any sort of thought they once held.

Fushia eyes were revealed as they shifted towards the short blonde haired girl. A scoff made its way past her lips.

"Could say the same to you. You seem to be moping around more pitiful than usual, Annie." Kyra spoke, patronizing the girl.

"What else am I supposed to do? I'm stuck on a ship with nowhere to go and nothing to do." Annie said with a heavy sigh.

Kyra gave a hum and nodded, "Fair enough. I would suggest reading a book, but I'm sure you've grown bored of stories." Kyra commented, causing Annie to roll her eyes as she brought her knees to her chest.

"Enough to last a lifetime, thanks to you." Annie retorted, causing Kyra to smirk.

"Aw, don't be like that. You should already know I'm not much of a talker like Armin is. I can only ramble for so long, and most times, it turned into a mess of a therapy session I never asked for." Kyra chastised with a shrug.

"A hot mess indeed. To be honest, I can't tell you what it's like to have a father. I'm still trying to figure that out, myself." Annie stated as Kyra raised an eyebrow, turning to glance at Annie as she exhaled with a sigh.

"My parents abandoned me shortly after I was born. Turned out my mother was cheating with an Eldian. I was later taken in and raised in the internment zone by an Eldian man who came from overseas. Apparently, he was taken to the internment zone for a similar reason. The man wanted to train me into a Marleyan soldier so he could improve his living environment. For as long as I can remember, the man beat the martial arts of his homeland into me. The only value that man sees in me was whether or not I could become a Warrior." Annie explained before pausing as she raised her head from her knees, glancing at the red and orange hues of the sea that reflected the falling sun on the horizon.

"After some time passed... I became strong just as the man wanted. So I paid back for all the pain he'd beat into me. I made it so he'd never be able to walk straight again. But... the man rejoiced. "Now you can kill your enemy even when unarmed," he said. And so everything stopped to matter to me. I didn't care who died, no matter who they are or where they came from. I didn't think life had any value, not even my own. Until that moment. On the morning I'd be heading off to the island, the man dropped to his knees and apologized. He told me that everything he taught me was wrong. He then cried and pleaded. He wanted me to come back. My status as a Warrior, and our status as honorary Marleyans... He told me to give up those things and return. That man...was my father. He thought of me as his own daughter. I have a father who waits for my return. But our relationship is by no means what a typical father and daughter relationship is. So, I can't tell you what it's like having one besides knowing that somewhere out there he's still holding on to any hope that I'm out there alive and will come home to him some day." Annie informed, causing Kyra to hum, shifting her eyes from the sky to Annie.

"I see... neither here nor there was spared from a depressing childhood. But it did give some insight. A shared will of unrelentless faith. Much like he is holding hope for your safety and return. You are also holding the same, despite the Rumbling...you are still holding on to the slightest bit of hope that he is out there alive so you can reunite with him." Kyra commented as Annie's eyes widened before she clutched her knees closer to her chest, glancing down sullenly.

"Yeah... I am." She mumbled back as Kyra sighed.

"I have no way of telling, and I frankly, won't be the one to give you false hope, since I know how detrimental that can be when it all comes crumbling down..." Kyra spoke truthfully, glancing up at the black smoke that rose from smoke stacks before dispersing and drifting along the sky. Her eyebrow rose intriqued only for her eyes to narrow, spotting something before shaking her head in dismissal.

"But from the words you spoke earlier, you have no intentions of coming along." Kyra commented, glancing at the final moments of the sun before darkness would ultimately sweep over the nation once again.

Annie's eyes widened as she glanced over at Kyra in confusion, "How'd you know...?" She questioned, perplexed.

"It's not hard to tell. You should know how observant I am. After all, I was able to tell who you were back in the forest. Your demeanor and eyes show your exhaustion. You're truly tired of fighting, and you've lost the will to keep fighting. You find it pointless." Kyra added, causing Annie to clench her fists.

"So you think I'm being selfish? I already told you what I'm fighting for and what's the point if that reason's been wiped out. I don't have this overwhelming need to save humanity." Annie stated stoically as her fist shook.

Kyra sighed glancing to Annie, "Look, I won't bother convincing you or tell you what you should or shouldn't do since I don't even know the best solution to saving humanity or if it's even salvageable. That being said, despite countless times when it looked like humanity within the walls was on the brink of extinction. Life seemed to continue on because people risked their lives and fought back. We can't expect things to change if we don't fight for it. I understand the mentality that this is deserved, and they brought this on themselves, but it sickens me. I'm neither Eldian nor Marleyan, and still, I can't fathom the same thought about Eldia even after losing my entire clan. Not everything faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. You may not be able to forgive what they've done to you just like we didn't forget what you've done to us: the line becomes drawn and the difference is clear based on what you do." Kyra stated stoically before sitting up, feeling exhaustion sink into her.

"You know your limits, and only you know how much you can bear, Annie. So, I'll wish you the best." Kyra said as her fushia eyes narrowed in thought of her past as she moved walking inside.

She came to a room only to click her tongue as she glanced around before walking to an occupied bed. "Move over." Kyra demanded quietly, causing the man to glance over at her with a raised eyebrow.

Kyra closed her eyes for a second as they grew heavy before tiredly opening them again and moving closer to the bed, nudging him over. "All the beds are occupied, and I'd rather not sleep on the floor." Kyra stated stoically, causing the man to click his tongue.

"Tch. How kind of you, Short-Shit. So you're kicking the injured one out of his bed." Levi commented sarcastically.

Kyra rolled her eyes, "No. I told you to scoot over not get up. But if that's what you want, I can definitely kick your ass out of this bed and take it for myself. Now make room. There's not a lot of options to choose from if it's any consolation. Connie drools, Jean would likely mutter something stupid and get his ass kicked, and that thing--" Kyra commented as Levi observed her fushia eyes slowly flickering a darker pink under heavy eyelids that occasionally fluttered open wide only to lower seconds later.

It didn't surprise him to see that she was exhausted. She was straining herself by constantly using her abilities to heal not only herself but him as well. Levi clicked his tongue about to speak until a voice spoke out, interrupting her instead.

"You can share a bed with me, Icy." A voice called out, causing Kyra to glance over past the occupied beds of Connie and Jean to spot Reiner.

"And then there's that thing. Piss off. I'm not in the mood to fulfill whatever sick and twisted fantasy of exhibitionism you have." Kyra spat out darkly glaring at the man only for her to glance back to Levi as he grabbed her forearm and gently pulling her down to the bed having made room for her as she proved her point. A pillow was thrown at Reiner, hitting his face, causing him to grunt.

"Give it a rest, would ya? I'm not stopping her if she tries to kill you." Jean groaned out tiredly, knowing that she was in need of dire rest by the sound of her strained voice. Especially when she put more pressure on herself by expanding the distance her healing reached to after disregarding Hange and Armin's advice about staying in the room with Levi to avoid what she is experiencing now.

And while he could share the bed with her, he didn't feel like risking another stray animal attacking him. His mind quickly dismissed it all as he went back to sleeping.

"Thank you, Levi." Kyra muttered quietly as her eyes closed and sleep overcame her. He gave a quiet hum in acknowledgment

"Dumbass. You shouldn't be running around in the first place, now shut up and rest, Kyra." Levi stated stoically before going back to resting.

In the dead of night, the boat was slowly coming to a still as it prepared to lodge at the port of Odiha.

Footsteps echoed along the corridor of an occupied room. The footsteps stopped as they took in the sight from the open door before a wide smile breached their face. Nothing's going on between them, my ass!

The footsteps moved closer only for a shift to be seen in the bed as they removed themselves from their previous comfortable position to glance at the intruder.

"Not a word. The beds were all taken, and she decided to weasel her way in after threatening to have the floor take me hostage." The voice spoke out warningly.

"Mhm, sure. Doesn't explain what I just saw, though." The voice teased, causing the man to glare at her in warning.

"Knock it off, Three-Eyes, before I dismember you and shove each limb through that small window." Levi threatened only for Hange to raise her hands in surrender as her eyes grew pointed.

"Fine, not another word. Just remember what we discussed earlier." Hange reminded with a soft smile glancing from Levi to Kyra, who laid nestled in blankets as soft even breaths left her lips, next to him as she continued getting much needed rest

"How are your wounds?" Hange questioned.

"Healing." Levi said, causing Hange to hum with a nod as she gave a teasing smirk.

"All thanks to our beautiful storm cloud. Is she still healing you?" Hange questioned, causing Levi to glance down seeing the thin band of gold light around his two fingers that rest attached to his hand.

"Yes, despite demanding her not to. Her stubborn ass hasn't stopped since the explosion. And it seems to be taking a toll on her even if she refuses to admit it." Levi stated, stoically shifting his eyes away from his fingers to the body laying next to him.

"Right. Let's let her rest for as long as we can then. We'll be arriving in Odiha soon." Hange stated with a nod before moving to Jean, Connie, and Reiner waking them up before walking out the door as a knowing smile lingered on her lips. Say what you will, Levi, but denial will only leave you lonely and regretful. That shorty... you were curled around her with your arm around her waist. Damn those two are going to test my patience.

"The residents of Odiha must have already fled south, seeing how every ship is gone."

"Well then, we're in the Azumabito clan's hands." Hange said, looking at the flying boat in the hanger as Jean, Connie, Armin, and Reiner ran to it.

"Yes, and we shall do whatever it takes to launch the flying boat into the air." Kiyomi vowed.

"Remove the cover! Hurry!" Jean said, grabbing at the cloth that covered the machine.

"Damnit! These explosives are in the way." Connie cursed, pulling at the cover only for it to snag by the long chain of explosives.

"Let's cut 'em off and toss 'em." Reiner stated.

"Wait. We might be able to use them. Let's load them on the flying boat." Armin said, causing them to stop and look at him momentarily before nodding.

A gut-wrenching scream was heard before loud broken sobbing echoed through the halls, causing a groan to leave Kyra's mouth as her eyes fluttered open tiredly. "Sounds like Falco is up." Kyra commented with a soft sigh as a hum responded from beside her.

"There's now way?! Commander Magath, my family, everyone in Libero?! They can't all be gone!? Then what are we doing?! And why?! Who's left to save?! Everybody is dead!" The voice screamed out question after question in agony.

"Seems he just learned the true gravity of the world turning to shit." A voice commented stoically, causing Kyra to hum in agreement before she uncurled herself from the comfort of her ball. She turned around, laying flat on her back, glancing at the ceiling, still feeling the effects of overusing her abilities.

Her eyes shifted from the ceiling as her head tilted to glance at Levi, who laid sat up, resting his back against the headboard. His eye shifted to glance down at her. Her hand reached out, grabbing his hand before bringing it closer to her face, allowing for her to examine his hand with scrutiny.

She brought her fingers up, delicately tracing the thin line of gold light that kept them attached.

She bent his stiff fingers, stretching them out before making them close in towards his palm. She glanced at his face, taking note of the slight wince of his eye before relaxing as his fingers grew accustomed to moving again.

Levi observed Kyra with curiosity as his eyebrow remained arched in question.

"How do your fingers feel?" Kyra questioned, causing Levi to try moving them on his own without Kyra's assistance. 

"Well, they're intact." He stated, causing Kyra to roll her eyes and click her tongue.

"Tch, no shit...ya don't say?" She remarked sarcastically, earning a light slap to her shoulder as she gave a soft chuckle.

"I didn't ask where they were, but how. Or do you really love being Captain Obvious? " Kyra spoke sarcastically, earning a slightly harder slap.

"They're fine. A little stiff, but usable." Levi stated, causing Kyra to hum and giving a nod.

"You know, you could've stopped healing me a while ago." He commented.

Kyra scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I could've, yes. But, if your fingers weren't healed enough then your dumbass would just fuck them up more. Since I know you would refuse staying in a bed left behind when your Beastie is still out there kicking." Kyra commented facetiously with a smirk.

She exhaled in relief releasing her healing altogether. Her eyes flickering back to their normal scarlet as she turned slowly sitting up only to grunt as a pillow found itself on her face with slight pressure.

"Tch, keep talking. I can easily make it to where you will never be able to leave this bed." Levi threatened putting more pressure on the pillow causing Kyra to shrug indifferently.

"Don't threaten me with a good time now, Levi. If you can't follow through with your threat, you'll just be breaking my heart." Kyra muffled out sarcastically causing Levi to chuckle softly before removing the pillow and bringing his hand to her head and ruffling her hair.

"Besides you can only use that threat since I healed your hand." Kyra added with a playful smirk causing him to click his tongue.

"Thanks, by the way, Kyra. Even if you were a stubborn pain in the ass that refused to listen." Levi said genuinely with a soft smile causing Kyra to roll her eyes.

"Wow, what a backhanded thank you. You should work on that." Kyra said with a huff before giggling as her body was lightly shoved.

"You little shit, be grateful you're even getting one instead of an ass kicking." He retorted with a threat as his lips held a slight smirk.

Kyra giggled shaking her head slightly, "That's mighty generous for an asshole midget like yourself. I'm so honored." Kyra commented sarcastically rolling her eyes only to grunt as his hand grabbed her head and turning it to look at him.

He clicked his tongue as his glare mellowed out. "Glad to hear it. I have something to tell you after this shit show comes to a close, Kyra." Levi stated causing Kyra to tilt her head and raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Hm, what is it?" Kyra questioned causing Levi to shake his head.

"I'll tell you after." Levi stated causing Kyra to sigh.

"You're better off saying it now. You're getting more senile each second, so there's no telling how long before you kick the bucket." Kyra commented stoically only to scrunch her nose and wince as a finger poked the area over the location of her previous wound.

"Tch, well aren't we feeling bold. I wouldn't talk, Short-Shit. You're already carlessly walking around with a foot in the grave. If you keep talking shit I may just give you a hand with that." Levi threatened causing Kyra to raise her eyebrow before shrugging.

"Tempting. Are you sure you're feeling alright, Levi?" Kyra questioned causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"I already said I was. Or are you deaf?" He retorted with a scoff.

"Just wanted to make sure because you're being awfully generous today. That's not like you. Even going as far as to showing mercy and offering to end my suffering. That's seriously kind of you." Kyra retorted facetiously as her voice held a playful mock of concern.

Levi clicked his tongue giving her another poke watching her wince in discomfort only for his finger to be grabbed gently by her hand.

"Hm, you're right. I think watching you continue to suffer will be more fun. Only fair since I've been suffering having to put up with you." Levi commented with a smirk before chuckling as Kyra grunted, rolling her eyes.

Levi pulled his finger away from her grasp and brought it to her head plopping it down causing Kyra to look at him curiously as she thought about his previous statement and whether he actually had something to tell her.

"Tch. Bullshit. You're bluffing. If you have something important to say, you would've said it already." Kyra concluded with a click of her tongue. Her scarlet eyes still holding on to the unadulterated glint of curiosity.

Levi raised an eyebrow staring at her in amusement as a teasing smirk remained on his lips.

"That so?" Levi inquired mockingly.

"Just tell me what it is you have to say." Kyra demanded, no longer patient enought to coax the words out of him.

A chuckle left Levi's lips seeing the patience of the white haired woman dwindle like a child about to throw a tantrum.

"Guess you'll just have to stay alive and find out if I'm bluffing." Levi commented patronizing her only to chuckle again as a huff left her now pouting lips.

She closed her eyes before giggling shaking her head. "Asshole. Levi, you are the absolute fucking worst. I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. Last time you did this, you only wanted to tell me to stop having Enzo influence your horse." Kyra said punching his chest lightly as a light melody of playful teases and soft laughter filled the room.

Kyra sighed moving to the edge of the bed before standing up. Her eyes drifted to the man before she glared at him stoically seeing him inch himself off the bed.

"What exactly are you trying to do?" Kyra questioned crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow.

"We need to find out where Eren's going...and that hairy shit lover will tell us where." Levi grunted out painfully stretching out his stiff joints as he walked away from the bed towards the door.

"Interesting. And I'm assuming if she doesn't. You'll threaten her?" Kyra mused out walking behind Levi making sure he doesn't fall.

"If she knows what's best for her." Levi grunted out causing Kyra to scoff.

"And if you know what's best for you, you'd keep your ass in bed until we're ready to board the air ship. Because you don't look too threatening in this state." Kyra commented stoically causing him to glare at her.

"You're 1 second away from finding out just how quick it takes for me to tie your ass up and throw you into this ship's furnace to burn." Levi threatened causing Kyra to purse her lips in amusement.

"So threatening." Kyra commented dully, rolling her eyes. Levi's eye narrowed about to speak only for another voice to interrupt them as they began to make their way towards the stairs.

"Kyra...? Captain?!" Kyra glanced behind to see Armin.

"Ah, Armin. You're just in time to see how long it takes Captain to burn me alive and fuel this ship for hours. Since Levi will be busy and I'll be burning we'll need you to time him. I'm guessing with the pace he's moving about half a day until he reaches the furnace." Kyra greeted facetiously as Armin blinked staring at the woman with knitted eyebrows only for an exasperated sigh to leave his mouth.

Armin's eyes glanced towards Levi, gasping as he rushed to his side in worry.

"You're still hurt. You need to get back in bed." Armin said attempting to coax the stubborn man back to resting.

"Thanks for your concern...But screw that. I can sleep once I'm dead, got it kid?! You little shits don't get to forget about me." Levi grunted out as he struggled down the stairs causing Armin to panic.

"Kyra! How could you just let him leave like this? Why are you just watching?!" Armin called out to the woman who walked ahead of them by a couple of steps.

She turned her head slightly glancing at the two males stoically before giving a shrug. "Don't know what you're talkin' about. Seems to be in fine spirits to me. Even threatened me. Besides what makes you think he would ever listen to me?" Kyra questioned nonchalantly.

Armin stared at her incredulously, "W-Well, that's b-because...N-Nevermind, just forget it." Armin stammered out scratching his head slightly before shaking his head with a loud sigh.

Kyra tilted her head raising an eyebrow at Armin before Levi spoke out through gritted teeth.

"Moving on. That bearded lady's hurt elbow is healing up and it seems like she survived her infection. I'm gonna make her tell us where Eren is going." Levi grounded out before Kyra sighed at the man's relentless stubbornness.

"I tried telling him that his threats aren't intimidating, so now he's practicing them on me." Kyra pointed out stoically to Armin, who pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation only to gasp as a foot met with Kyra's back slightly kicking her down the stairs.

Kyra grunted as she easily caught herself and stood at the bottom of the stairs glaring at the injured man.

"Quit yappin' and get movin' short-shit." Levi gritted out causing to Kyra press her lips together.

"You're lucky, I spent so much time and energy healing you, otherwise I would personally drown you in the ocean." Kyra threatened darkly causing Levi to scoff.

"Lucky me." He commented with heavy sarcasm.

Armin sighed shaking his head as he watched the two bounce threats around as their retorts echoed around the steel walls like a ball. She does realize she ranks over him now that she's Section Commander, right? I'm starting to see what Hange and Historia were talking about.

...

"If I had to guess, that's where Eren will be heading next." Yelena explained as she glanced down at the sheet covering her lap.

"The air base at Fort Salta. Make's sense. He would want to get rid of any weapon that could pose even the slightest threat to the Founding Titan." Pieck commented putting a finger to her chin in thought.

"First, he'll wipe out the United Fleet of Karifa. And then the airships at Fort Salta." Yelena confessed glancing away from the pointed stares of the other people in the room.

"Didn't feel like getting more bones broken?" Levi questioned mockingly from a chair.

"I want you all to do some thing for me. Acknowledge the truth. Zeke lost his battle, but he was fighting for the right cause. The Eldian Empire brought 2,000 years of misery to the world. And the euthanization plan was the way to fix it. Surely you're able to see that by now!" Yelena grounded out clenching the blanket tightly under her fist.

 "Yeah, I can't deny it. I thought I could show Eren a better way... But I was powerless. I couldn't give him hope or a path forward." Hange spoke solemnly.

As have I, Hange.

Kyra gritted her teeth as her down trodden eyes grew narrow, shifting up towards Yelena. Her fists clenched tightly as red-crescent moons formed along her palms. Her eyes glared fiercely towards the woman.

"Right, didn't realize we're keeping score here...Don't get it twisted, way before those 2,000 years, it was both Marley, Eldia, along with many other nations that have caused misery to my people. So, I suggest you drop this blame game because I'm fucking sick of it! At least your people have a chance at surviving. Albeit slim, it's more of a chance than what we got." Kyra said, kicking off the wall she was leaning on before walking in front of Yelena glaring down at her menacingly.

"Zeke and you can fuck right off with your little plan...or need I remind you of what your little scheme involved? Restoring the "perfect race" ring any bell? Or how about enslaving me for the sole purpose of forceful breeding? Starting to jog your memory, yet?" Kyra spat out harshly.

"Your plan was nothing more than an pacifistic imposition of what Eren's doing now." Kyra commented stoically.

"No, it's nothing like Eren's-" Yelena's rebuttal fell short as Kyra interrupted her.

"-But it is. Shedding blood or keeping your hands clean. The outcome is still the same, is it not? Your purposeful objective was in the end to kill off an entire race. No different to what Eren is doing, albeit on a smaller scale. It is still genocide even if it is minimally invasive castration of Eldia and has no direct death to be had. A plan that weighs no thought in your conscience, so you can walk around as a self-proclaimed hero and dignified piece of shit that you can happily stroke yourselves off to at night." Kyra stated bluntly as a shock gasp left Armin's mouth.

Heads turned looking at the white-haired beauty with wide eyes accompanied with gaping mouths at the words that left her mouth.

"K-Kyra!" Armin exclaimed in exasperation as the solemn mood of Hange's faltered as a laugh left her mouth. Pieck brought her hand to her mouth to hide her snickering.

"I fucking love her!" Hange said through her laughter.

Levi eyed the girl finding amusement in her blunt aforementioned words as the corner of his lip twitched up.

"Blunt as always dear and no filter whatsoever." Hange said wiping her teary eye.

Kyra turned to Hange blinking before shrugging her shoulders. "What? It's probably true." Kyra stated indifferently, causing Hange to chuckle, shaking her head.

Kiyomi removed her hand from her mouth having gotten over the initial shock of her words.

"Oh my. Wasn't expecting that." Kiyomi commented as Armin sighed in exasperation.

"Always expect the unexpected from Kyra." Armin stated, shaking his head with a slight smile watching Kyra walk out of the room no longer willing to entertain herself with Yelena's beliefs.

Kyra glanced up seeing the black smoke that once billow out of the smoke stack no longer present. "Best not to stay here longer than needed." She commented dully before she brought her attention to the port spotting the air ship being actively worked on.

"That's all the fuel from the boat." Jean called out rolling the last drum of fuel to the others as Connie sat on the ground, panting and Reiner wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Just leave it there." Onyonkapon called out from near the flying boat.

She made her way out onto stable land making her way to an exhausted Connie and Jean who were resting.

She offered a hand out Connie, helping him up off the ground.

"Right." Jean nodded as they walked to the group of Scouts that formed, getting prepared.

"Now that you're done, you should gear up. Onyonkapon said it won't be too much longer." Kyra said, and Connie grabbed her hand and was pulled up by her.

"Hange! The takeoff sequence will start in an hour!" Onyonkapon called out. 

"Got it!" Hange shouted out before turning the group of Scouts geared up and ready to leave.

"You all heard him. Everyone inspect your equipment." Hange ordered.

"Roger!" The group affirmed before doing as they were told only for a grunt to resonate from the injured captain.

Kyra knelt down next to him as he attempted to move his fingers to the triggers on his gear.

She closely examined his shaking fingers. "Does it hurt?" She questioned quietly only for Levi to shake his head.

"Just stiff still. If all else fails, two fingers are all I'll need to get the job done." Levi grunted out, causing Kyra to sigh before glancing over, spotting Annie about to board the ship as Pieck and Reiner approached the group.

"Annie!" The majority of the group called out catching her attention, causing her to turn to them as Connie and Hange waved to her.

"Take care of yourself, alright?!" Connie shouted out.

"We'll see you around!" Hange bidded with a wave.

"Hey Armin, you'd let her walk off like that?" Mikasa questioned, causing Armin to turn to her and Kyra to glance at the two in amusement before her eyebrow rose.

"Like what?" Armin questioned as his cheeks grew red with a blush.

"Oh, what's this? Armin, now too, huh? You guys better not make me your fifth wheel on a wagon, got it?" Kyra teased with a smirk, causing both of their cheeks to redden as they glanced at her.

"T-That's -" Mikasa stammered out only for Armin to hide his face into his hands.

Kyra grunted as an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"I don't think you'll need to ever worry about that, my beautiful storm cloud!" Hange reassured with a large smile, causing Kyra to knit her eyebrows.

"And what makes you say that? And with such strong conviction?" Kyra questioned stoically.

Hange's eye shifted to the side of Kyra before she chuckled, "Well, if you must know, wagons don't need an odd amount of wheels to move."

Kyra blinked dully at the woman, "You're right, just like you don't need an odd amount of eyes to function. Care to test how well you'll manage when you're blind? " Kyra inquired sardonically, causing the woman to laugh as she dragged the girl along only for Kyra to squirm out of her hold.

"Don't give her an excuse to be even more crazy than she already is." Levi stated stoically, causing Hange to laugh.

"Noted. It's not like she needs an excuse since it's common knowledge by now." Kyra commented.

"You're not wrong." He agreed.

"Kyra!" Mikasa called out, waving her over, causing Kyra to slow her pace and walk away from the group.

She stopped standing beside Mikasa, who glanced at her. Her eyes showed a bit of concern.

"How are you feeling? Are your wounds all healed up?" Mikasa questioned, causing Kyra to glance towards her before sitting on a crate watching the sunrise come to a close as it drew later into the morning.

"I'm fine. My wounds are healed enough." Kyra informed stoically as the landscape around them moved from warm strokes of orange to a faint embrace of pink.

"Don't lie." Mikasa warned, pressing the topic further.

"I'm not, Mika. I wouldn't've released my healing if I wasn't okay." Kyra reassured, causing Mikasa to nod pleased at her answer.

"There's no way for things to go back to how they were all those years ago, is there?" Mikasa questioned, causing Kyra to hum.

"No. Not any more. And we can't expect it to after everything that transpired. So much has happened, especially now. Even humoring the idea of turning back and contemplating what-ifs will only set up for false hope and failure." Kyra said with a heavy sigh as she took her eyes off the sunrise, glancing towards Mikasa, who kept her head down in thought.

Kyra brought her hand to her shoulder, causing Mikasa to lift her head. "I'm telling this to you as a friend, prepare yourself. I have no telling what will happen, but you need to be ready for any outcome. If we can talk Eren out of this path of senseless bloodshed... then good. However, if we can't, you need to know that I will stop him at all costs... even if it comes down to fighting you and Armin or killing Eren. Which may be for the best." Kyra said, causing Mikasa to grit her teeth and turn away from the woman only for Kyra to grab her wrist and pull her back.

"Listen, I'm not saying this to rile you up or upset you. Look at it from this perspective, if you manage to persuade Eren to stop all this... do you think he can live a happy and peaceful life after this, knowing all the lives he's already taken. Would you be able to? The immense amount of guilt that will follow him for the rest of his life. The unbearable thought of all the blood of the innocence drowning him alive as the weight of his actions takes the form of haunting images of the souls he slaughtered. Can you...Armin... or anyone else honestly say you would be able to live a quaint and prosper life after that?" Kyra questioned, causing Mikasa's eyes to widen before she looked away from Kyra.

"I need to help load up supplies." Mikasa stated. Kyra sighed, sensing the uneasiness from her and the conflict in her eyes.

"Right. Just think about it." Kyra said, letting go of her wrist and watching Mikasa walk away from her.

Kyra glanced up at the sky dully as she brought her hand to her chest, clutching the onyx stone of her necklace. A feeling of ease passed through her as her body relaxed.

I hate you, Eren. You're really making this hard for me.

A feeling of ease passed through her. Her body relaxed as a gentle breeze swept past her, calming her mind and gently stroking her face. Red eyes remained glued to the sky as the sound of the waves dragged her thoughts away, unbeknownst that another thing that had been dragged their way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 3K 43
*β™‘βˆž:q.q  q.q:βˆžβ™‘* "𝘒𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘧𝘒𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?" "𝘨𝘰𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘒𝘳𝘦." reader based & college A/U. HIGHEST RATI...
4.5K 109 9
/dΙͺˈspɛː/ noun the complete loss or absence of hope. "a voice full of self-hatred and despair" !READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED 16+! !!TW; Alcohol use/a...
11.3K 167 5
"𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯π˜₯, 𝘀𝘒𝘢𝘴𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘡'𝘴 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘡𝘩𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘺𝘰𝘢." Β° πͺ𐑂 β™‘ πͺ𐑂 β‚’ πͺ𐑂 β™‘ πͺ𐑂 Β° boo...
41.4K 985 48
[DISCONTINUED] "πš„πš‘πš–? π™·πš’?" "πš†πšŠπš’πš... 𝚈𝚘𝚞'πš›πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πšŠπš— πšŠπš—πš’πš–πšŽ!" π™°πšπšπšŽπš› πšœπšŒπš‘πš˜πš˜πš• 𝚈/𝙽 πš πšŽπš—πš πš‘πš˜πš–πšŽ. π™·πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš›πšŽοΏ½...