Captain Sunshine

De Enenyy

Lance Corporal Fang wants to make his brother proud by rising through the ranks in TAPOPs. With this, he (beg... Mai multe

Chapter 1: How to be an empathetic Captain
Chapter 2: Make my Brother Proud
Chapter 3: Intruder Alert
Chapter 5: Between a Captain and a Brother
Chapter 6: Change is Scary but Necessary
Chapter 7: A Captain should have Common Sense
Chapter 8: Traumas Triggered
Chapter 9: A Deal For Their Silence
Chapter 10: Trust is Earned, Not Given
Chapter 11: Mission Failed Successfully
Chapter 12: The Brothers Who Care and Those Who Don't
Chapter 13: Risk & Reward
Chapter 14: Retak'ka's Redemption
Chapter 15: Adventure & Deathly Situations Await
Chapter 16: A Sentimental Captain
Chapter 17: Owing Apologies

Chapter 4: A New Ally

923 103 40
De Enenyy

Chapter 4

As soon as Solar had ordered one of the cadets to take Probe and Adudu to their respective prisons (which he knows they'll eventually break out of again), he gestured for Fang to follow him. The Lance Corporal turned pale when he saw his companion get imprisoned and he could guess that the other thought he would be next.

Solar didn't bother to tell him he wouldn't be- just so he could suffer in silence.

Once they arrived at his office, the alien immediately spoke up,

"Captain, please accept my sincerest apologies! I didn't mean to break in to your quarters and-"

"I dislike apologies. It doesn't undo what had already happened." Solar leaned back at his desk and crossed his arms, eyes calculating as he wondered what he should do next.

The offenses the other had committed could strip him of his position and possibly be kicked out by TAPOPS.

But... Solar also knew that the teen before him had only been manipulated by Adudu just so he could do his bidding (a familiar story from his childhood that involved—no, now's not the time to reminisce), after all- as soon as someone reported to him that the security feeds by his bedroom had suddenly stopped working, he already knew who he was dealing with.

TAPOPS didn't know he had installed back-up hidden cameras (with microphones), both outside and inside his room (and maybe some other shady parts of TAPOPS) that only he could access. He quickly checked his tablet to see what tricks Adudu had up his sleeves this time.

He was surprised to see a certain humanoid alien had tagged along and was amused when he realized Adudu was pretending to be one of the new recruits Solar had trained to try and earn his trust. Adudu's determination was admireable.

Unfortunately for him, he's too much of an idiot if he thought he could outsmart Solar.

So, he let them do their thing to see how far they'll go.

And the Captain... was impressed.

(Not with Adudu. He was slowly blowing his cover the more impatient he got.)

Fang actually used his brains (instead of doing stupid things by acting like those idiotic spies in the movies doing impossible exhibitions) and had managed to disable his traps in no less than five minutes. (Though he couldn't help but roll his eyes when he heard the spiky-haired teen start to brag about his skills).

Then he watched as he finally found the power watch.

Then the conversation suddenly shifted to his personal life about his brothers.

Then he saw Fang turn around, holding a photograph-

("Come on! Everybody transform! Let's commemorate this moment where we all finally got our second tiers!")

-and before he knew it, he had pressed a switch in his tablet to activate his traps.

He wanted to see what Kaizo's brother was made of. This was also his... small... punishment for willingly breaking into his room.

(No. He had not purposely activated the traps out of personal reasons.)

And eventually he caught up to Adudu who was trying to escape with Probe through an emergency pod before running back to his room- and now, here they were.

"Tell me how it all began." Solar decided to start, "I think it would be interesting to hear how you ended up destroying my room, when just moments ago you were begging me to take you under my wing."

Fang winced but nodded and told his story.

Solar listened, taking note of the parts he didn't get to hear through his secret security feeds and some parts that were omitted (as he was obviously trying to save face).

Once he was done, Solar raised an eyebrow.

"So not only did you collaborate with a criminal, but you've invaded my personal space thinking it was all some sort of test I give to all the new recruits?"

"W-well... if you put it that way-"

"It's exactly what it sounds." He cuts Fang off, "Your lack of common sense astounds me."

"I didn't know he was one of those power-sphere hunters! I never heard of the guy!" Fang tried to reason, making him roll his eyes in response.

"You should've trusted your instincts the first time you noticed something was off."

"I—" The teen before him froze as if realizing something, before bowing once more, "Captain, I beg of you. I... I don't want to lose my place here in TAPOPS. You can punish me or order me around as you please... just please don't tell my brother."

"You believed a small rumor from an alien you just met, snuck through the headquarters with him, aided him and raided my room— and you ask that I don't tell your brother?" Solar was finding the situation very comical, "Your priorities are a little out of whack, don't you think?"

"It's just been me and my brother since we were kids." Ah great, here comes the backstory Solar never asked for, "TAPOPS saved us from getting killed by a power sphere hunter as well. My brother then trained to be a part of the organization so no one else would end up like us. Since I was a kid, I watched him work hard to become the person he is now. I wasn't lying to you when I said I wanted to make him proud. If he finds out—"

"I never doubted that part, Lance Corporal. But what you're asking from me is a pardon for your mistakes that are-" He paused to get his tablet and started typing on it, "-equivalent to having you suspended for a certain amount of time, depending on the severity of the offense made- and probation. Your lack of awareness and poor judgement can also be a liability to TAPOPS so there's also a possibility of being removed—"

"My judgement was compromised because of the criminal's words!" Fang defended once more, "I was—I thought he really meant it when he said he was doing it for his mother. For a moment, he reminded me of me. Desperate to reach a goal just to prove our worth and I- I would've wanted an ally to help me too, just like how I was supposed to help him."

Solar watched Fang look down at the power watch he had placed on his desk with guilt and regret.

Okay, he probably had enough fun. Time to focus on the real reason why he brought him there.

"You don't need an ally." Solar stood straight and approached him, "What you need is a mentor who can prevent you from making the same stupid mistakes again."

Fang stiffened at those words, before looking at him with a defeated look, "Captain, please I-"

"I accept your request, Lance Corporal Fang."

The slumped posture was gone and Fang was now staring at him, his eyes wide, daring not to hope.

Solar tried to hold back a smirk, he was indeed fast on input.

"Aside from that minor infraction swayed by emotional motives— I see now that you indeed have what it takes to be a Captain. Though the traps were practically basic- I was... mildly impressed at how you managed to handle it." Solar commented, "Adudu was right about one thing. I prefer those who know how to use their brains. We've already got enough idiots who depend on power more than strategies."

"I- wha-"

"All evidence were removed. You have no worries of getting caught. All blame of the break-in will fall on Adudu, which he deserves."

"B-but what about Ago- I mean Adudu?! He'll rat me out!"

"It's my word against his. Who do you think they'll believe?"

"I..."

The young Captain could tell the other was still trying to decipher the situation. And he was right to do so. Why did the cold-hearted Captain that everyone despises- suddenly decided to give a person of lower rank a chance after committing such grave offenses?

It was simple... really.

He needed to act on the recent complaint made against him.

Commander Koko Ci's words made him think and he somewhat agrees on what he had said. The first step to make it look like he was a reputable Captain was to have a team.

The other Captains were clearly trying to gang up on him and as much as he wanted to dig out every dirt he could find to threaten them with—he knew it would be too much of a hassle.

But possible.

But before all that... just as Fang had said— he needed an ally.

And apparently, a desperate Lance Corporal would do.

"Is this some sort of blackmail?"

Okay, maybe not that desperate.

"It's good to see that you don't fall for something that's too good to be true." He smirked, "I guess there's still some wisdom in you after all."

"Anyone would know something's up!" Fang narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously, "Even if I just met you, I could tell you're not the forgiving type."

"You're right." Solar shrugged, "But—" (Didn't you just say you were willing to get ordered around by me?)

"I want you to start helping them grow into competent cadets with your impeccable tests, unbiased training and lastly- emotional understanding. You were once in their shoes. Build rapport. Create a connection. Be their rock when the going gets tough."

"—but, I truly see that you've got what it takes to be a Captain. It would be a waste to watch a potential go to waste over a ruined room and failed attempt to steal a watch." He could feel his eye twitch, "Consider this as a second chance. Next time you mess up, I won't be so forgiving."

(—it may not be a new recruit in this case but—)

Fang continued to stare at him like he grew a second head and it was starting to get annoying.

"You... really mean it?"

(No. I'm only doing this so TAPOPS would get off my back about being a 'Good Captain'.)

"Do I look like the type who lies?"

"If it's for your benefit..."

Solar gave him a warning glare and Fang immediately held up his hands defensively, but his eyes were shining in excitement and disbelief.

"Don't get too cocky. We haven't even started yet. You have a long way to go before you become a Captain."

Fang then cleared his throat and saluted.

"I won't let you down, Captain!"

Solar returned the salute, mind already filled with plans at the new predicament he had put himself into, "Don't disappoint me."

.

.

.

.

(Don't make me regret this.)

.

.

.

.

End of Chapter

And thus, it began.

This is a little short. But it feels right to end it there (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10.9K 456 29
When a musically gifted hero meets an elemental hero, what happens then? Is there rivalship? friendship? both? or maybe even love? fate knows what th...
58.4K 2K 51
BoBoiBoy is terrified. Something dark is happening. Admiral Tarung is ignorant and Commander CiCiKo doesn't care. Sai and Shielda don't know and Capt...
12.2K 562 26
"I'm just too scared. What if I can't do this, Fang." A mysterious alien captured all of Boboiboy's Friends except him, Ying and Fang. Luckily, they...
6.1K 307 19
It was coming up Fang's birthday (this is happening after Boboiboy and his Friends met Captain Kaizo that means this happening after Season 3 ep 26...