pretty play

By svechlovers

#2 in the carolina colts series dimitri & nadia's story ~ his eyes focus on my lips briefly as he whispers "w... More

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
epilogue
not an update

thirteen

3.1K 64 4
By svechlovers

a/n- sorry for taking so long to actually update, but here you go.

play the song when you see the *
(clocks, by coldplay)

it's been three days since i've last seen dimitri, which was on the same night as our date.

after he cooked me dinner, we ate, we laughed, and we reminisced on the time we spent together years before.

i never realized how much fun he really was to be around, dimitri is the kind of person who smiles and automatically lights the room up.

and god will his dimples be the death of me.

when it was nearly twelve, he drove me home and i thanked mella for watching rowan, who was fast asleep.

i payed her and offered for her to stay the night since it was so late, but she insisted that she go home.

i woke up to two things.

number one being multiple messages from dimitri that i have yet to read.

and number two, a twitter article sent by lydia. of me, rowan, and dimitri.

reluctantly, i press the link, and the contents make my stomach turn.

the title being something along the lines of "dimitri levin, local bakery owner, and love child spotted at fast food restaurant."

i read the first few sentences before clicking off the app, not bothering to read anymore.

then, i open dimitris contact, reading his messages.

dimitri

Good morning Nadia.
I cant wait to see you.

I've seen the article.
My agents are working on it right now.

I'm so sorry.

I know this is exactly what you were afraid of, I'm so sorry my love, I will fix it.

Just please tell me I'm still able to see my son.

-

my heart hurts when i read his last messages, but he was right.

this was exactly what i feared.

a part of me, the old me, wants to run away, and start a new life.

but the other half of me, the other half that's still in love with dimitri levin, wants me to stay.

i make my way to the kitchen as i call dimitri, listening to the phone ring before i hear him.

"dimitri."

"nadia, i'm so sorry." he says, and my heart doesn't hurt, it aches.

i stay silent, for god knows how long because i don't even know what to say.

and then one thing comes into mind.

"dimitri, i don't care about the media, as long as rowan isn't exposed, you can still see him. i wouldn't ever forbid him from seeing his father."

this makes me hear a sigh of relief come from my phone.

"thank you, nadia. my agents are trying their best to get this post removed." he says, which calms me down a bit.

"but dimitri." i begin, and this causes me to hear another sigh.

"i don't think we should be seeing each other anymore, or at least until everything calms down."

it's like he knew what was coming.

"i understand nadia." he speaks, and my heart cracks at his tone.

"thank you for trying to fix it, i will call you later." i say as i fill the coffee pot with water.

"of course, talk to you soon."

and with that, he hangs up the phone.

i look at the time, eight o clock. rowan should be awake.

so while i let the coffee brew, i head to his bedroom to gently wake him up, except when i walk in he's sleeping peacefully, while clutching the hurricanes sweatshirt dimitri left behind.

my heart warms, and i take a picture, not even thinking when i send it to dimitri.

and then it dawns on me.

i need to tell rowan about dimitri, i need to tell him who his father really is.

-

it's been a few hours after i woke rowan up and he's still in his pajamas, watching tv.

i find him some clothes for the day and help him get dressed, while doing the same for myself.

i send a text to dimitri.

dimitri

stopping by your place with rowan
see you soon.

Okay, see you.

*

when we arrive at dimitris apartment complex, rowan looks confused and asks "mama, where are we?"

i hold his little hand as i lead him inside the building, "we are visiting dimitri." i say.

he gasps and giggles, my nerves skyrocket.

during the ride in the elevator i nervously bounce my leg up and down, so much so rowan asks if i'm okay.

i nod my head and smile.

dimitri let's us in the second i knock, and rowan nearly knocks him over from hugging his legs so tightly.

dimitri chuckles and picks him up, before roughing up his hair a bit.

he looks at me with a concerned look.

"о чем это?" dimitri asks.
(what is this about?)

"Я решил, что мы должны рассказать Роуэн, пока это не сделал кто-то другой." i whisper towards dimitri.
(i decided we should tell rowan, before someone else does)

rowan's head perks up at the sound of his name, and i can tell dimitri understands what i'm trying to say.

i reach for rowan, who clings to me when i hold him.

he looks at me with a smile, and i tuck his curly hair behind his ear.

"dimitri and i have news for you, i'm not sure if you will like it though." i whisper and he grows confused.

"what is it mama?"

"let's sit down." i say, looking at dimitri who nods in agreement.

when we do, rowan bounces on the sofa excitedly.

i grab his hand.

"rowan, remember when i told you dimitri is my friend?" i ask, which is followed by a nod.

"well a long time ago, he was my close friend. he was very special to me." i say and a confused look forms on his face.

"row, what i'm trying to say is." i grab dimitris hand.
"when dimitri and i were special friends, he gave me a very special surprise." i finish.

rowan gasps with a curious face, "what did he give you mama?"

i look at dimitri with a small smile, he swallows nervously.

"he gave me you, my love." i say, which causes rowan to stop bouncing.

he looks at dimitri, and then me.

"Дмитрий мой папа?" he asks, and hesitantly, i nod.
(is dimitri my papa?)

slowly, ever so slowly, i watch a grin appear on rowan's face.

he looks at me, and jumps into my arms, squeezing me tightly.

i sigh happily, wrapping my arms around his little body.

"i love you rowan, and dimitri loves you too." i whisper into his ear, which causes him to look up at me.

"mama i have to ask you something." rowan says.

"what is it?"

"it's a secret." he whispers and i laugh.

"okay come here and tell me." i say and he cups his little hand over his mouth as he asks me his question.

in the corner of my eye i see dimitri take a picture of the two of us, my heart swells.

"can i call dimitri papa?" row whispers into my ear.

i chuckle and glance at dimitri, "you have to ask him yourself." i answer which causes rowan to groan but nevertheless, he turns around to face dimitri.

i can almost see his beat red face and he's not even facing my direction.

he urges dimitri to come closer, and when he does he whispers into his ear.

dimitris breath stops and he looks at rowan like he looks at a damn hockey rink.

with so much love i think my heart bursts.

and dimitri nods his head, causing rowan to jump into his arms and hug him.

i briefly see dimitris eyes well up, before he wipes the non existent tears away.

he looks at me and reaches his arms out.

i join his and rowan's hug, my heart screaming just one word.

home.

a/n- i definitely shed a few tears writing this DO NOT LAUGH AT ME, IM ON MY PERIOD AND EMOTIONAL.

good night everyone 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 65.4K 27
This full-length hockey romance is free exclusively on Wattpad! And by full-length, I mean...well, you'll see. ;) Killian Bosch knows he's his own wo...
19K 338 26
All Sophia ever wanted was for Ashton Maverick to notice her. But he was best friends with her older brother, Patrick, and a hockey star. There was n...
2.8M 69K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...
2.5M 62.8K 45
COMPLETED. A university student. A professional hockey player. They've proved they can be friends. Can they be more? Although they're both in their e...