His Chosen One (Harry Potter...

By pottersfavgirl

( Harry Potter x Fem reader! ) "I dont care that youre a malfoy" "youll always be my chosen one" ⌁☍ This sto... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Y3: The Dementor
Y3: Tea and Talons
Y3: Boggarts and Portraits
Y3: No Hand Holding
Y3: The Fall
Y3: Unexpected Stay
Y3: The Hoodie and The Firebolt
Y3: Practice Makes Perfect
Y3: Thanks A Lot
Y3: Dont Panic
Y3: Sirius Black
Y3: The Truth Unfolds
Author's note
Y4: Miss You (Nott)

Y3: Expecto Patronum?

485 10 16
By pottersfavgirl

Y/N was glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and the Slytherin Dungeon became crowded and noisy again.

Y/N felt someone tap her shoulder softly. Y/N gasped and whipped her head around and saw the sly grin of her friend Blaise Zabini.

"Merlin, you scared me!" Y/N said as she softly punched the boy's shoulder.

"Good to see you too, Y/N," he said as he pulled her into a bear hug.

"So..." the boy said quietly. "How were your holidays?"

"Don't ruin the moment, Zabini," Y/N said as she hugged him tighter.

Blaise laughed lightly.

"Well well well." a cold voice said. "Look who we have here."

Y/N rolled her eyes and pulled out of the hug. She found her brother and his minions staring at her, all with smirks across their faces.

"Draco."

"Y/N."

Y/N's blood boiled as her twin approached her.

"Good Christmas?" Y/N asked bluntly.

"Best one of my life," he said. Crabbe and Goyle sniggered behind him.

"Oh ya? I also really enjoyed being away from you." Y/N replied coolly.

"How were the gifts?" he asked mischievously. He tried to hide his laugh.

"Pretty good actually, mum got me a load of gifts, not to mention Goyle got me a little something too," she said.

Draco scuffed.

"GOYLE WHAT?" Draco's eyes wide.

"He got me a little gift," Y/N said. She just loved seeing the look of anger on Draco's face and the look of embarrassment on Goyle's face.

"We'll finish this later," Draco said as he and Goyle walked up to their dormitories. Crabbe followed behind them.

Y/N burst into laughter as she heard Draco yell at Goyle.

"Did he actually?" Blaise questioned.

"Yup," Y/N responded with another chuckle.

"Hey i'm starving, let's go eat," Y/N said.

"When are you not starving," Blaise said and shook his head.

"Shut up, Pansy and Daphne are already in the hall."

After two minutes of debating if Y/N is always hungry, Blaise agreed to go have some lunch. The two began to walk to the Great Hall. Every so often Y/N would greet her friends who were gone for break and Blaise just stood there awkwardly. (A/N ~ help thats me whenever one of my friends starts talking to another of their friends if we come across them 😭)

As Y/N and Blaise walked into the Great Hall, Y/N took a deep breath.

"Ahhhh, good to be back," Y/N said.

"You were here like 4 hours ago," Blaise said.

"I'm aware." Y/N said casually.

Blaise rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets. The two Slytherins made their way to the Slytherin table where Pansy and Daphne waited for them.

"Hey you two," Blaise said as Y/N and him sat in front of the two girls.

"BLAISE!!!" Daphne roared.

"Woah someone missed you," Y/N said, nudging Blaise.

Daphne turned a light shade of pink and looked away from Blaise. Pansy and Y/N flashed their eyebrows at Daphne once Blaise went to greet the other Slytherin boys.

"Just quit it already," Daphne said shyly.

Pansy and Y/N began making obnoxious kissing noises when Y/N felt someone pull her hair.

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM-"

Y/N turned around and saw Harry behind her.

"Oh, it's you," Y/N said.

"I thought you'd be happier to see me princess," Harry said teasingly. Daphne and Pansy dropped their forks and stared at Harry intensely.

"What do you want, scarhead," Y/N asked impatiently.

"Lupin said he wanted to see us," Harry said.

Y/N looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said." Harry started. "He wants to see us at eight o'clock sharp," he said.

Y/N nodded.

"Just us?"

"Yup, just me and you," he said, a sly smirk on his face.

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I'll see you later, Y/N," the raven haired boy said as he walked back to his table.

"Later, Harry," Y/N said.

Her friends looked at her playfully, Y/N stuck her tongue at them and began eating the plate of salmon and vegetables in front of her.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

At eight o'clock that evening, Y/N left the Slytherin Dungeon for the History of Magic classroom. The corridors were quite dark but Y/N could make out some figures and shapes in the hallways.

Thump

Someone had bumped into Y/N harshly. Y/N rubbed her shoulder in pain.

"Sorry, Y/N" a voice said quietly.

"I think you should consider getting new glasses," Y/N scuffed as she continued rubbing her shoulder.

Harry revealed himself under his invisibility cloak.

"You do realize that you bringing your cloak was very unnecessary."

"I wanted to scare you," Harry said, ruffling Y/N's soft hair.

Y/N rolled her eyes and continued to make her way to the classroom.

Y/N opened the door and saw that the classroom was very dark also. The two teens waited no less than five minutes for Professor Lupin to turn up.

"What's that?" said Harry.

"Another boggart," said Lupin, stripping off his cloak. "I've been combing the castle ever since Tuesday, and very luckily, I found this one lurking inside Mr.Filch's filing cabinet. It's the nearest we'll get to a real dementor. The boggart will turn into a dementor when he sees you, Harry, so we'll be able to practice on him. Y/N, I'm afraid that the boggart won't work for you."

"Professor?" Y/N said. "May I ask, why am I here if the boggart won't even work for me?" Y/N exclaimed.

Lupin chuckled softly. "Well, Y/N, considering that both Harry and you were affected so terribly by the dementor, it would be useful for you to be able to know and conjure our friendly spell," he responded kindly.

Y/N nodded in agreement.

"So..." Lupin had taken out his wand, and indicated that Harry and Y/N should do the same. "The spell I am going to try and teach you is highly advanced magic, well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level. It's called a Patronus Charm."

"How does it work?" Harry asked nervously.

"When conjured correctly, the Patronum will be like a shield between you and the dementor."

Y/N had a sudden vision of a troll-like figure holding a large club.

Professor Lupin continued and explained everything needed to know about a Patronus Charm and dementors. Y/N had to admit it was quite interesting.

"All right, the incantation is this —" Lupin cleared his throat. "Expecto Patronum!"

"Expecto Patronum," Harry and Y/N repeated.

"Concentrating hard on your happy memories?"

"Yes sir," Y/N said confidently.

"Oh — yeah —" said Harry.

"On the count of three," said Lupin. "One, two, three."

Y/N quickly forced her thoughts back to the time when her mom and her drank hot chocolate and ate a load of sweets when her father and Draco were at a quidditch match.

"Expecto Patronum!"

"Expecto Patrono — no, that's not right, Patronum — sorry — Expecto Patronum,"

Something whooshed suddenly out of the end of her wand; it looked like a wisp of silvery gas. Y/N squealed excitedly.

"Did you see that?" Y/N said happily. "Something actually happened!"

"Very good, Y/N," said Lupin smiling.

Harry gave a weak smile at Y/N as he struggled to conjure anything.

"Concentrate harder," Y/N said, walking closer towards Harry.

"Wow thanks, that'll definitely help," the boy said sarcastically.

"Shut it Potter and try again," Y/N said.

Harry rolled his eyes dramatically, Lupin gave a quiet chuckle.

"Expecto Patronum."

This time the same silvery gas came out of Harry's wand.

"See! Wasn't so hard was it?" Y/N said jokingly.

"Very good you two, ready to try it on a dementor?"

"Yes," Harry said, gripping his wand very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom.

Y/N moved out of the way as Lupin grasped the lid of the packing case and pulled.

A dementor rose slowly from the box, its hooded face turned toward Harry. The lamps around the classroom flickered and went out. The dementor started to sweep silently toward Harry, drawing a deep, rattling breath.

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry yelled. "Expecto Patronum! Expecto —"

Harry collapsed to the floor, same reaction as last time.

"Harry!" Y/N cried.

Harry jerked back to life.

"Sorry," he muttered, sitting up and adjusting his glasses.

"Are you alright?" Y/N asked him.

"Yes..." Harry pulled himself up on one of the desks and leaned against it.

Lupin handed the boy a Chocolate Frog. "Eat this before we try again. I didn't expect you to do it your first time, I would have been astounded if you had."

"It's getting worse," Harry muttered. "I could hear her louder that time — and him — Voldemort —"

Lupin looked paler than usual.

"I'm sure the voices will go away," Y/N said, rubbing Harry's back softly.

Harry went pink at Y/N's touch.

"Harry, we don't have to do this if you don't want to —"

"I do!" said Harry fiercely. "I've got to! What if the dementors turn up at our match against Ravenclaw? I can't afford to fall off again. If we lose this game we've lost the Quidditch Cup!"

"All right then ... ," said Lupin. "You might want to select another memory, a happy memory, I mean to concentrate on ... That one doesn't seem to have been strong enough...."

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

Y/N waited for Harry to finish his chocolate and the two of them started to head out to their common rooms.

"So..."

"So..."

"Think you're prepared to encounter a dementor?" Y/N nudged Harry playfully.

"I'd rather never encounter one again," Harry said.

"Same, those things are dreadful."

"You sound like Hermione when you use big words," Harry said.

"Oh so 'dreadful' is a big word now?"

"Yes it is," Harry said shyly.

"Whatever you say, Potter."

They walked in silence for at least two minutes. It was so quiet Y/N felt like she could hear her own heartbeat.

"Tonight was kinda fun, don't you think?" Y/N said.

"Oh um, sure, yea it was..." Harry said awkwardly.

"I mean I wasn't really doing anything, you were doing all the hard stuff."

"I guess..."

Y/N was irritated by Harrys dry answers, it was like talking to a wall.

"You're gonna have to get used to seeing my face, so at least do a better job pretending you like me," Y/N said.

Harry stopped in his tracks.

"What?" the boy asked.

"Nevermind," Y/N muttered.

"Ok then..."

Harry followed Y/N to the Slytherin Dungeons in a deep silence. As Y/N approached the entrance to the common room, Harry grabbed her hand tightly.

"What?" Y/N said, tired.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N." Harry said, his face slightly red.

"See ya, Harold," Y/N said.

"Harold?"

"Yes." Y/N said firmly.

Harry chuckled.

"Goodnight, buttercup," he said.

"Buttercup it is," Y/N laughed. "Goodnight, Harold.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

A/N ~ I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!!! I didn't know how to write this chapter so i just forgot about updating 💀 i don't know if i really like this but i felt the need to update you all, hope this wasn't too boring. Love ya!

-pottersfavgirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 63.2K 58
❛Let's hope Potter doesn't find out❜ ❉ fem!reader, ©kingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...
77.7K 2.3K 79
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Ever since he introduced himself by demandin...
6.5K 213 20
𝐘/𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬. 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢�...
19K 413 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...