~Forever After All~ A Carl Gr...

By destinyhadenbru

After the world went to hell Emberlyn Rose Dixon and her mother Mallory Robinson, sought shelter at a gas sta... More

Introduction
001. The Beginning
002. Reunited?
003. Dad
004. CDC
005. Losing and Gaining
12 : Never a Normal Day
13 : Why do Bad Things Happen?

11 : Enemy

21 1 0
By destinyhadenbru

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last night was rough. Shane came back with stuff to help Carl but Otis didn't come back. Otis lived with the Greene's. He was Patricia's husband. 

After I woke up I decided to wear a yellow shirt with white flowers and a pair of flared jeans Maggie gave me. My hair was french braided and still looked practically perfect.

"Hey Emmy." Beth says slowly opening the guest room door.

"Hey." I say picking up the boots I was given.

"We are all going outside to pick up rocks for Otis's grave wanna come?" The blonde girl asks.

"Sure." I say slipping on the boots.

I walk out the guest room door and begin to walk down the stairs with Beth.

"Hey, your limp isn't as bad." Beth says with a smile.

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt as bad either." I respond.

After awhile of picking up stones I heard a motorcycle roaring down the Greene's driveway. I put my stone in the wagon and look at the driveway. I see my dad on the motorcycle, someone in the green car we found on the highway, and the RV.

"I'll be back." I tell Beth as I walk back to the farmhouse.

"Hey kiddo." My dad says as he parks the bike.

"Hi." I say giving him a hug.

"You look different." He says pointing out the obvious clean clothes.

"It's called being clean." I say with a smile.

He just laughs and looks at the people coming out of the house.

"How is he?" Dale asks Rick breaking the Silence.

"He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people." Lori says.

"And Shane." Rick adds. "We'd have lost Carl is not for him."

Dale gives Rick a hug and Carol gives Lori one.

My dad just puts his hand on my shoulder.

"We were so worried." Carol says while letting go of Lori.

"How'd it happen?" Dale asks.

"Hunting accident. That's all. Just a stupid accident."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

As Beth and I sit on the porch of the farmhouse my dad makes his way too us.

"I'm going out to look for that girl again." He says.

"Alright. Promise you'll be back?" I ask him.

"Promise." He says while walking away.

"So what do you wanna do today?" Beth asks drawing my attention away from my father.

"I'm not sure. I might go check and see if Carl is awake yet." I say.

"Alright. I'll be in my bedroom if you need me." Beth says while getting up out of her chair.

I walk through the front door and into Carl's room to find him awake.

"Hey your awake." I say making my way to the side of the bed.

"Yeah." He says. "Did they ever find Sophia? Nobody will tell me."

"No. My dad and some of the others are out looking for her now." 

"Oh."

"You up to play some go fish?" I say while grabbing a pack of cards.

"Always." He says while smiling.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"What do you guys need me to do?" I ask the women.

"Just come help me." Beth says with a smile.

All of the sudden and I hear a gunshot and everyone starts to run outside.

"What on earth's going on out here?" Hershel yells to Andrea who is ontop of the RV.

I see Rick and Shane dragging someone towards us when all of the sudden the realization hit.

"Andrea what the hell did you do!" I yell while climbing the ladder on the RV.

"Language!" Lori yells but she knew I wasn't listening.

Andrea just puts down her rifle as I get closer to her.

"Was almost killing me not enough for you?! Rick and Shane were already over there why did you shoot?" I keep yelling.

"I didn't know." She says.

"This is why when we were on the highway only Dad, Rick, and Shane carried guns! You didn't have to shoot!" I finish yelling.

Rick and the others finally made their way to the RV with my dad.

"Take him into the house." Hershel tells them.

I quickly start to walk towards the ladder. "I hate you." I say while making eye contact with the blonde woman.

"Emmy-" She tries to say but I ignore her.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

" Emmy, i'm okay I promise." My dad assures me.

"It sure doesn't look that way." I say as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Why don't you just go help the others finish up dinner." He says while wiping the tear away. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay.." I say while I get up. "I'll be back later."

After dinner is finished I sit with Maggie, Glenn, Beth, and Jimmy at the smaller table since I wouldn't sit next to Andrea.

Dinner is ate in silence until Glenn finally spoke up. "Does anybody know how to play guitar? Dale found a cool one. Somebody's got to know how to play."

"Otis did." Patricia says.

"Yes, and he was very good too." Hershel tries to reassure her.

As I turn my attention back to our table I realize that Maggie and Glenn are giving each other looks.

Okay... There is definitely something going on there..

When everyone is finished with dinner Carol and I decide to bring my dad up some food.

"How are you feeling?" Carol asks him while I sit on the edge of his bed.

"As good as I look." He says while turning away.

"We brought you some dinner. You must be starving." Carol says.

Carol places down the tray of food and places a small kiss on top of my dad's forehead.

That was something..

"Watch out, I got stitches." He says while turning away again.

"You need to know something. You did more for my little girl today than her own daddy ever did in his whole life." She says drawing his attention back.

"I didn't do anything Rick or Shane wouldn't have done."

"I know. You're every bit as good as them. Every bit." Carol says while heading out the door. "Also I thought Emmy over there was gonna rip off Andrea's head." She says while closing the door.

"Oh. Uh.. Let's just say I was a little mad." I say causing him to chuckle. 

"I'm gonna go talk to Beth. Get some sleep. Goodnight." I say while getting up.

"Night kiddo." He says while I walk out of the room.

I walk downstairs to see Beth and Maggie washings the dishes.

"Need any help?" I ask the two girls.

"I'll wash and  you can dry." Beth says while a smile.

I pick up a towel and start to dry off the dishes. "So Maggie what's going on between you and Glenn?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh nothing. It's nothing." Maggie says.

Beth and I just giggle with each other as Maggie begins to leave the house.

"I'll be back later guys." Maggie says while walking out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating recently I got caught up with finals and didn't have any motivation but I am back. Hopefully since I am on summer break I can keep up more but enjoy this part! Make sure to vote and comment ideas!

Word Count: 1112

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 28 17
When the world ends, there will be no warning. Whether or not you believe in God, or if you don't, it will come in with a crash of biblical proportio...
139K 5K 118
Isabella Stone never had a good childhood when growing up, yet she would never dream of harming another soul. What happens when Daryl Dixon finds he...
312K 7.7K 54
[«my mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style»] In which...