๐๐จ๐ฑ ๐จ๐›๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐ซ๐š ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ...

Par Cassieb1617

Everybody knows the noble and most ancient house of Black, a British-French pureblood family whose use of mag... Plus

๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‚๐š๐ฌ๐ญ
๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐Ž๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ฑ
๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐จ๐ฒ ๐–๐ก๐จ ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ฉ๐จ๐ง
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค
๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ
๐‡๐จ๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐–๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ
๐‹๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
๐‹๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ฒ
๐–๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค
๐๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฎ๐ข๐›๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐‹๐ž๐จ, ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž & ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ๐ฌ

๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 

3K 99 12
Par Cassieb1617

POLARIS CAME DOWN the stairs in formal attire, a scowl on her face. "Change of plans, Potter, the minister just sent me a letter that I have to be at your hearing. I can't arrive with you for obvious reasons but I obviously will vote for you."

The Potter heir looked at her and nodded. Polaris saw the nerves written on his face and sighed slightly. She didn't know how she would feel in his situation.

"I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people who will vote in your favor, don't fret about that." Harry nodded at her words with a small, squeaky 'thanks' before she made her way to the fireplace. She took a handful of floo powder and with a shout she was off to the ministry.

Polaris arrived at the ministry a bit earlier than she expected. She didn't know why she was there in the first place as it was just the case of underaged magic but the ministry is still on edge about Harry Potter. Polaris took the hat of the purple cloak she wore and draped it over her head, making her way towards the hearing in fast steps. She was quite glad that they had vowed for silence, a way to protect the people that are a part of the Wizengamot in case of revenge from an unhappy result.

They waited a while before Polaris heard Harry gasp. Polaris could only guess it was because of the, well, dark atmosphere in the hall.

The walls were made of dark stone, only slightly lit by torches. Empty benches rose on either side of Harry, but in the highest benches of all were many shadowy figures, including Polaris. Many had been talking in low voices, but as the heavy door swung closed behind Harry an definite silence fell.

A cold male voice rang across the courtroom. "You're late."

"Sorry," said Harry nervously. "I-I didn't know the time had changed."

"That is not the Wizengamot's fault," said the voice. "An owl was sent to you this morning. Take your seat."

Polaris wondered if there really was an owl sent to him this morning. She watched as Harry dropped his gaze to the chair in the center of the room, the arms were covered in chains. Harry's footsteps echoed loudly as he walked across the stone floor. When he sat on the edge of the chair the chains clinked rather threateningly but did not bind him. Harry looked up at the people seated at the bench above and made eye contact with Polaris. She looked at him with soft eyes, the softest Harry had ever seen them.

There were about fifty people in the Wizengamot, all wearing plum-colored robes with an elaborately worked silver W on the left hand side of the chest and all staring down at him, some with very strict expressions, others looks of frank curiosity and then Harry saw Polaris in the far back of them all, a calm expression on her face.

In the very middle of the front row sat Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. A broad, square-jawed witch with very short gray hair sat on Fudge's left, she wore a monocle and looked forbidding. It was Amelia Bones, one of the only witches Polaris could properly stand in the Wizemgamot. On Fudge's right was another witch but she was sitting so far back on the bench that her face was in shadow. Polaris knew it was Dolores Umbridge, a witch that often looked at her with a strange look.

"Very well," said Fudge. "The accused being present- finally- let us begin. Are you ready?" he called down the row and Polaris had to swallow a scoff at his pettiness.

"Yes, sir," said an eager voice as Polaris rolled her eyes at it. The twins' older brother Percy was sitting at the very end of the front bench.

"Disciplinary hearing of the twelfth of August," said Fudge in a ringing voice and Percy began taking notes at once, "into offenses committed under the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery and the International Statute of Secrecy by Harry James Potter, resident at number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Magic; Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement; Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister. Court Scribe, Percy Ignatius Weasley."

"Witness for the defense, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore," said a quiet voice from behind Harry, who turned his head so fast Polaris believed him to get whiplash.

Dumbledore was striding dramatically across the room, wearing long midnight-blue robes and a perfectly calm expression. Polaris wondered if he knew more than he seemed to. His long silver beard and hair gleamed in the torchlight as he looked up at Fudge through the half-moon spectacles that rested halfway down his crooked nose.

Most of the members of the Wizengamot were muttering. All eyes were now on Dumbledore. Some looked annoyed, others slightly frightened, two elderly witches in the back row raised their hands and waved in welcome. Polaris, however, was asking herself why he was here. She knew that Dumbledore did not once talk to Harry since he arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Ah," stammered Fudge, who looked thoroughly disconcerted. "Dumbledore. Yes. You- er- got our- er- message that the time and- er- place of the hearing had been changed, then?" Polaris rolled her eyes once again at the minister.

"I must have missed it," answered Dumbledore cheerfully. "However, due to a lucky mistake I arrived at the Ministry three hours early, so no harm done."

Polaris wondered what his plan was. She was pretty sure that if it was any other student sitting here and not Harry, Dumbledore wouldn't have bothered to come.

"Yes- well- I suppose we'll need another chair- I- Weasley, could you- ?"

"Not to worry, not to worry," interrupted Dumbledore pleasantly. He took out his wand, gave it a little flick and a chintz patterned armchair appeared out of nowhere next to Harry. Dumbledore sat down and looked at Fudge over them with an expression of polite interest, though Polaris was sure he wasn't really interested, just like her. The rest of the Wizengamot was still muttering and fidgeting restlessly and only when Fudge spoke again did they settle down.

"Yes," stuttered Fudge again, shuffling his notes in front of him. "Well, then. So. The charges. Yes." He took a piece of parchment from the pile in front of him, took a deep breath and began to read, "The charges against the accused are as follows: That he did knowingly, deliberately, and in full awareness of the illegality of his actions, having received a previous written warning from the Ministry of Magic on a similar charge, produce a Patronus Charm in a Muggle-inhabited area, in the presence of a Muggle, on August the second at twenty-three minutes past nine, which constitutes an offense under paragraph C of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, 1875, and also under section thirteen of the International Confederation of Wizards' Statute of Secrecy. You are Harry James Potter, of number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey?" Fudge asked, glaring at Harry over the top of his parchment as Polaris scrunched up her nose.

"Yes," Harry answered.

"You received an official warning from the Ministry for using illegal magic three years ago, did you not?"

"Yes, but-"

"And yet you conjured a Patronus on the night of the second of August?" questioned Fudge as Polaris looked at him in annoyance of not letting him talk.

"Yes," answered Harry again, "but-"

"Knowing that you are not permitted to use magic outside school while you are under the age of seventeen?"

"Yes, but-" Polaris was growing more and more annoyed at the minister. It was taking everything in her not to talk back to him and tell him to let the young boy explain.

"Knowing that you were in an area full of Muggles?"

"Yes, but-"

"Fully aware that you were in close proximity to a Muggle at the time?

"Yes," stated Harry who started to get angry, "but I only used it because we were-"

Amelia Bones, on Fudge's left, cut across him in a powerful voice. "You produced a fully fledged Patronus?"

"Yes," answered Harry, "because-"

"A corporeal Patronus?"

"A- what?" said Harry and Polaris had to suppress a chuckle at the boy's confusion.

"Your Patronus had a clearly defined form? I mean to say, it was more than vapor or smoke?"

"Yes," replied Harry as Polaris noticed he appeared to feel both impatient and slightly desperate, "it's a stag, it's always a stag."

"Always?" boomed Madam Bones. "You have produced a Patronus before now?" Polaris was starting to get interested now too. She wasn't able to produce a Patronus herself, she never had a happy or strong enough memory to do so. But Polaris didn't know when he learnt how to produce one.

"Yes," returned Harry, "I've been doing it for over a year-"

"And you are fifteen years old?"

"Yes, and-"

"You learned this at school?"

"Yes, Professor Lupin taught me in my third year, because of the-"

"Impressive," uttered Madam Bones while looking down at him, "a true Patronus at that age... very impressive indeed." Polaris had to agree with her, a Patronus at that age was quite impressive.

Some of the wizards and witches around her were muttering again. A few nodded but others were frowning while shaking their heads.

"It's not a question of how impressive the magic was," declared Fudge in a testy voice. "In fact, the more impressive the worse it is, I would have thought, given that the boy did it in plain view of a Muggle!"

Those who had been frowning now started murmuring in agreement as Polaris shook her head but it was the sight of Percy's 'morally superior' little nod that encouraged Harry into speech.

"I did it because of the dementors!" Harry voiced loudly, before anyone could interrupt him again. Harry had expected more murmuring but the silence that fell seemed to be somehow thicker than before.

"Dementors?" stated Madam Bones after a moment while raising her thick eyebrows so that her monocle looked in danger of falling out. Polaris had to repress the urge to smile at the sight. "What do you mean, boy?"

"I mean there were two dementors down that alleyway and they went for me and my cousin!"

"Ah," remarked Fudge again, smirking unpleasantly as he looked around at the Wizengamot, as though inviting them to share and laugh at the joke. "Yes. Yes, I thought we'd be hearing something like this."

"Dementors in Little Whinging?" Madam Bones observed in tones of great surprise. "I don't understand-"

"Don't you, Amelia?" asked Fudge, still smirking in a way that made the hairs on Polaris arms stand up. "Let me explain. He's been thinking it through and decided dementors would make a very nice little cover story, very nice indeed. Muggles can't see dementors, can they, boy? Highly convenient, highly convenient... so it's just your word and no witnesses..."

"I'm not lying!" vocalized Harry loudly over yet again another outbreak of whispering from the court. "There were two of them, coming from opposite ends of the alley, everything went dark and cold and my cousin felt them and ran for it-"

"Enough, enough!" responded Fudge with a very haughty look on his face. "I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure would have been a very well rehearsed story-"

Dumbledore cleared his throat and the Wizengamot fell silent again. "We do, in fact, have a witness to the presence of dementors in that alleyway," he commented, "other than Dudley Dursley, I mean."

Fudge's plump face seemed to slacken as though somebody had let air out of it like on a balloon. He looked down at Dumbledore for a moment or two and then, with the appearance of a man pulling himself back together, replied, "We haven't got time to listen to more taradiddles, I'm afraid, Dumbledore. I want this dealt with quickly-"

"I may be wrong," noted Dumbledore pleasantly, "but I am sure that under the Wizengamot Charter of Rights, the accused has the right to present witnesses for his or her case? Isn't that the policy of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Madam Bones?" he continued, addressing the witch in the monocle.

"True," replied Madam Bones. "Perfectly true."

"Oh, very well, very well," snapped Fudge. "Where is this person?"

"I brought her with me," said Dumbledore. "She's just outside the door. Should I- ?"

"No- Weasley, you go," Fudge barked at Percy, who got up at once, hurried down the stone steps from the judge's balcony and hastened past Dumbledore and Harry without glancing at them.

Polaris thought he looked ridiculous.

A moment later, Percy returned and was followed by Mrs. Figg. She looked scared and battered. Dumbledore stood up and gave Mrs. Figg his chair, conjuring a second one for himself. Polaris seemed to notice that Harry knew the older lady.

"Full name?" asked Fudge loudly when Mrs. Figg had sat herself nervously on the edge of her seat.

"Arabella Doreen Figg," replied Mrs. Figg in a shaking voice.

"And who exactly are you?" quizzed Fudge in a bored and soaring voice.

"I'm a resident of Little Whinging, close to where Harry Potter lives," responded Mrs. Figg and Polaris' question on whether Harry knew her or not was answered.

"We have no record of any witch or wizard living in Little Whinging other than Harry Potter," stated Madam Bones at once. "That situation has always been closely monitored, given... given past events." Polaris pitied Harry a bit in that moment, the boy has gone through so much at that age and was still a kind hearted person.

"I'm a Squib," answered Mrs. Figg. "So you wouldn't have me registered, would you?"

"A Squib, eh?" grilled Fudge, looking at her in suspicion. "We'll be checking that. You'll leave details of your parentage with my assistant, Weasley. Incidentally, can Squibs see dementors?" he added, looking left and right along the bench where he sat.

"Yes, we can!" protested Mrs. Figg quite mad.

Fudge looked back down at her, his eyebrows raised as though what he heard was unbelievable. "Very well," he said coolly. "What is your story?"

"I had gone out to buy cat food from the corner shop at the end of Wisteria Walk, shortly after nine on the evening of the second of August," babbled Mrs. Figg after a moment of silence as if she had learned what she was saying by heart, "when I heard a disturbance down the alleyway between Magnolia Crescent and Wisteria Walk. On approaching the mouth of the alleyway I saw dementors running-"

"Running?" asked Madam Bones sharply. "Dementors don't run, they glide."

"That's what I meant to say," responded Mrs. Figg quickly, a light pink hue appearing in her withered cheeks. "Gliding along the alley toward what looked like two boys."

"What did they look like?" quizzed Madam Bones, narrowing her eyes so that the monocle's edges disappeared into her flesh as Polaris looked curious at the woman in the front of them all.

"Well, one was very large and the other one rather skinny-"

"No, no," interrupted Madam Bones impatiently, "the dementors... describe them."

"Oh," said Mrs. Figg, a pink hue starting to creep up her neck now. "They were big. Big and wearing cloaks."

Polaris noticed that it didn't look good for Harry right now. It sounded as though the old lady just looked at a picture of one briefly and not like she had been in its presence. A wizard with a large, black, ugly mustache in the second row leaned close to the person next to him, a frizzy-haired witch, whose name Polaris didn't bother to learn, and whispered something in her ear. She smirked and nodded as Polaris optimism started to sink.

"Big and wearing cloaks," repeated Madam Bones coolly while Fudge snorted high-and-mighty. "I see. Anything else?"

"Yes," replied Mrs. Figg. "I felt them. Everything went cold and this was a very warm summer's night, mark you. And I felt... as though all happiness had gone from the world... and I remembered... dreadful things..." Her voice was shaking and died at the end. Polaris swallowed harshly, she's been in the presence of a dementor before too and she remembered those feelings as well.

Madam Bones' eyes widened slightly. "What did the dementors do?" she asked and Harry and Polaris felt a small feeling of hope.

"They went for the boys," replied Mrs. Figg, her voice stronger and more confident now and the pink blush faded away from her cheeks. "One of them had fallen. The other was backing away, trying to repel the dementor. That was Harry. He tried twice and produced silver vapor. On the third attempt, he produced a Patronus, which charged down the first dementor and then, with his encouragement, chased away the second from his cousin. And that... that was what happened," Mrs. Figg finished somewhat weakly.

Madam Bones stared down at Mrs. Figg quietly while Fudge was not looking at her at all but squirming with his papers. Finally, after what felt like a century to Polaris, he raised his eyes and stated aggressively "That's what you saw, is it?"

"That was what happened," Mrs. Figg repeated.

"Very well," pronounced Fudge. "You may go."

Mrs. Figg cast a fearful look from Fudge to Dumbledore, got up and shuffled out of the room again while the Wizengamot heard it thud shut behind her.

"Not a very convincing witness," mentioned Fudge loftily.

"Oh, I don't know," commented Madam Bones in her loud voice. "She certainly described the effects of a dementor attack very accurately. And I can't imagine why she would say they were there if they weren't-"

"But dementors wandering into a Muggle suburb and just happening to come across a wizard?" snorted Fudge. "The odds on that must be very, very long, even Bagman wouldn't have bet-"

"Oh, I don't think any of us believe the dementors were there by coincidence," noted Dumbledore lightly. The witch sitting to the right of Fudge with her face in shadow, Dolores Umbridge, moved a bit but everyone else stayed silent and didn't move.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" asked Fudge icily.

"It means that I think they were ordered there," answered Dumbledore.

"I think we might have a record of it if someone had ordered a pair of dementors to go strolling through Little Whinging!" barked Fudge and Polaris noted the rather furious shade of red his neck turned.

"Not if the dementors are taking orders from someone other than the Ministry of Magic these days," remarked Dumbledore calmly. "I have already given you my views on this matter, Cornelius."

"Yes, you have," insisted Fudge forcefully, "and I have no reason to believe that your views are anything other than bilge, Dumbledore. The dementors remain in place in Azkaban and are doing everything we ask them to."

"Then," expressed Dumbledore quietly but still clearly, "we must ask ourselves why somebody within the Ministry ordered a pair of dementors into that alleyway on the second of August."

In the complete and uncomfortable silence that was greeted by these words, Dolores Umbridge leaned forward a bit so that Harry was able to see her face for the first time.

"The Chair recognizes Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister," announced Fudge.

The toad-looking witch spoke in a high-pitched voice that took Polaris a moment to adjust to. The voice was already giving her a headache. "I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, Professor Dumbledore," she began, "So silly of me. But it sounded for a teensy moment as though you were suggesting that the Ministry of Magic had ordered an attack on this boy!"

She gave a silvery laugh that made the hairs on the back of Polaris and Harry's neck stand up. A few other members of the Wizengamot laughed with her but no one has been amused.

"If it is true that the dementors are taking orders only from the Ministry of Magic, and it is also true that two dementors attacked Harry and his cousin a week ago, then it follows logically that somebody at the Ministry might have ordered the attacks," pointed Dumbledore politely out. "Of course, these particular dementors may have been outside Ministry control-"

"There are no dementors outside Ministry control!" snapped Fudge who had turned fully brick red by now. Polaris questioned just how stupid a man can be.

Dumbledore moved his head in a little bow. "Then undoubtedly the Ministry will be making a full inquiry into why two dementors were so very far from Azkaban and why they attacked without authorization."

"It is not for you to decide what the Ministry of Magic does or does not do, Dumbledore!" cracked Fudge who turned a deep shade of magenta now. Polaris thought that she has a set of sports clothes- a tight long-sleeve and leggings- in the exact same shade. She might had to burn it now.

"Of course it isn't," replied Dumbledore mildly. "I was merely expressing my confidence that this matter will not go uninvestigated." Albus Dumbledore glanced at Amelia Bones who was readjusting her monocle and stared back at him while frowning slightly.

"I would remind everybody that the behavior of these dementors, if indeed they are not figments of this boy's imagination, is not the subject of this hearing!" stated Fudge. "We are here to examine Harry Potter's offenses under the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery!"

"Of course we are," commented Dumbledore, "but the presence of dementors in that alleyway is highly relevant. Clause seven of the Decree states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances, and as those exceptional circumstances include situations that threaten the life of the wizard or witch himself, or witches, wizards, or Muggles present at the time of the-"

"We are familiar with clause seven, thank you very much!" snarled Fudge.

"Of course you are," said Dumbledore chivalrous. "Then we are in agreement that Harry's use of the Patronus Charm in these circumstances falls precisely into the category of exceptional circumstances it describes?"

"If there were dementors, which I doubt-"

"You have heard from an eyewitness," Dumbledore interrupted and Polaris noticed that the old man grew impatient. "If you still doubt her truthfulness, call her back, question her again. I am sure she would not object."

"I- that- not-" stuttered Fudge, starting to fidget with the papers before him again. "It's- I want this over with today, Dumbledore!"

"But naturally, you would not care how many times you heard from a witness, if the alternative was a serious miscarriage of justice," stated Dumbledore.

"Serious miscarriage, my hat!" cracked Fudge at the top of his voice. "Have you ever bothered to tot up the number of cock-and-bull stories this boy has come out with, Dumbledore, while trying to cover up his flagrant misuse of magic out of school? I suppose you've forgotten the Hover Charm he used three years ago-"

"That wasn't me, it was a house-elf!" said Harry.

"YOU SEE?" roared Fudge, gesturing theatrical in Harry's direction. "A house-elf! In a Muggle house! I ask you-"

"The house-elf in question is currently in the employ of Hogwarts School," interrupted Dumbledore. "I can summon him here in an instant to give evidence if you wish." Polaris hated it but she smirked slightly at Dumbledore's words. Fudge would under no circumstances let him summon him here. Fudge was humiliating himself in front of the whole court right now, plus he didn't hold a certain respect for house-elves anyway.

"I- not- I haven't got time to listen to house-elves! Anyway, that's not the only- he blew up his aunt, for God's sake!" Fudge shouted while banging his fist on the judge's bench. While doing that, ink started to flow on the papers in front of him.

"And you very kindly did not press charges on that occasion, accepting, I presume, that even the best wizards cannot always control their emotions," said Dumbledore calmly as Fudge tried to scrub the ink off his notes. Without success, Polaris thought.

"And I haven't even started on what he gets up to at school-"

"-but as the Ministry has no authority to punish Hogwarts students for misdemeanors at school, Harry's behavior there is not relevant to this inquiry," said Dumbledore politely as ever but there was a slight colt tone in his voice.

"Oho!" shouted Fudge. "Not our business what he does at school, eh? You think so?"

"The Ministry does not have the power to expel Hogwarts students, Cornelius, as I reminded you on the night of the second of August," stated Dumbledore. "Nor does it have the right to confiscate wands until charges have been successfully proven, again, as I reminded you on the night of the second of August. In your admirable haste to ensure that the law is upheld, you appear, inadvertently I am sure, to have overlooked a few laws yourself."

"Laws can be changed," suggested Fudge viciously.

"Of course they can," said Dumbledore, swaying his head a bit. "And you certainly seem to be making many changes, Cornelius. Why, in the few short weeks since I was asked to leave the Wizengamot, it has already become the practice to hold a full criminal trial to deal with a simple matter of underage magic!"

A few of the wizards and witches above Fudge moved uncomfortably in their seats while Polaris looked around her with a slight satisfied look on her face. Fudge turned an even deeper shade of amber. Dolores Umbridge, however, barely looked at Dumbledore while her face remained expressionless.

"As far as I am aware, however," Dumbledore continued again, "there is no law yet in place that says this court's job is to punish Harry for every bit of magic he has ever performed. He has been charged with a specific offense and he has presented his defense. All he and I can do now is to await your verdict."

Dumbledore put his fingertips together again and said nothing anymore. Fudge glared at him, obviously exhausted. Dumbledore continued staring up at the benches where the entire Wizengamot had fallen into urgent, whispered conversations. Harry looked at Polaris for reassurance while she was talking to a blonde, thin man. Polaris caught his eye and raised an eyebrow slightly, though that didn't help Harry at all.

Then the whispering stopped. Harry wanted to look up at the judges but kept examining his laces. Polaris could see the nervousness radiating off of him and frowned slightly. She didn't like admitting it but Harry had grown on her in the past time he was at 12 Grimmauld Place. He was always nice but still sassy in a way and she enjoyed listening to him talking about Snape or Draco Malfoy, her cousin that she never met.

"Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" asked, or more stated, Amelia Bones's carrying voice.

Harry's head jerked upward. There were hands in the air and Harry first noticed Polaris' hand in the far back, there were many more hands... more than half! Amelia Bones continued, "And those in favor of conviction?" Fudge raised his hand, obviously, so did half a dozen others, including Dolores Umbridge and the heavily mustached wizard, who Polaris didn't bother to learn the name of, and the frizzy haired witch in the second row. Fudge glanced around at them all while he looked as though he had seen himself getting eaten by a tarantula and then lowered his own hand.

Fudge took two deep breaths and then pronounced in a voice that ranged with rage, "Very well, very well... cleared of all charges."

"Excellent," commented Dumbledore rapidly, jumping to his feet while he pulled out his wand which caused the two chintz armchairs to vanish. "Well, I must be getting along. Good day to you all." And without looking once at Harry, he left the dungeon. Polaris watched the man in hidden disgust, wondering what his plans were the whole time.

Polaris watched as Harry remained sitting where he was in the chained chair. The Wizengamot, including the Black witch, were all getting to their feet, some of them talking and gathering up their papers to pack them away. Harry stood up, finally but nobody paid him the slightest bit of attention except for Dolores Umbridge who was now staring down at Harry instead of at Dumbledore. Harry took a few tentative steps toward the exit and when nobody called him back, broke into a very fast walk. Polaris watched the scene in pure amusement as Harry looked back once again, catching her eye and starting to walk away again as he saw her nod at him.

The courtroom door had opened again and the Wizengamot started to leave it.

"Merlin's beard," Polaris heard Mr. Weasley say and watched him as he pulled Harry

aside to let them all pass through, "you were tried by the full court?"

"I think so," said Harry quietly but Polaris still heard him, "I mean, Polaris, she was there too and she's only there for important cases, right?"

Polaris listened as Amelia Bones greeted Arthur Weasley, "Morning, Arthur,"

Cornelius Fudge and Dolores Umbridge were almost the last to leave the dungeon, Polaris was behind them and Lercy. Fudge acted as though Arthur and Harry weren't there but Polaris watched again as Dolores Umbridge looked almost analyzing at Harry as she passed by him. As Polaris passed them, she made eye contact with Harry and tilted her head slightly before leaving the ministry.

HELLO :)

What do you think of the book so far? I'm free to hear feedback from everyone :)

Also, is there anything you maybe want to see kn this book? Any scenarios or anything like that? I have a few things planned already but I'm excited to hear your ideas or anything you'd like to see.

By the way, I'm not so sure when I'm going to update all the time as I have a few tests and a lot of work due in the next few weeks but I still write when I have time.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

163K 3K 15
**Previously called James Sirius Potter and the Mysterious Time Turner** When James Sirius Potter gets back from his 5th year at Hogwarts, he learns...
378 56 22
My name is Victoria Rose Black. My father is Sirius Black, yes, the murder. When I was 3 he was arrested and thrown into Azkaban, after the murder of...
4K 200 27
Caelum Aries Black, the Heir of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black and the enigmatic twin of Sirius. The mere whisper of the Black name sent s...
69.6K 2.1K 25
โ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ?โž -๐’“.๐’‚.๐’ƒ. โž In a world of shadows and secrets ๐™๐™ค๐™ญ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š...