A New Start || Seventeen

By ArtemisEve1004

Daena moves half way across the world to chase her dream but this move has put her put her back in the life o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 29

782 21 0
By ArtemisEve1004

Jeonghan had kept his word. He called whenever he could in the lead up to Seventeen's promotional trip to Japan.

The few days he had before the flight were taken up with preparation and he hadn't had a chance to see Daena in person before leaving.

Their phone calls had been brief and maybe even a little bit awkward. The timing of this trip really could not have been worse.

Jeonghan paced back and forth in his hotel room. Seventeen had arrived in Japan the night before and now had a full 2 weeks of promotional activities scheduled.

Seungkwan sat on the bed nearby watching Jeonghan. They were currently waiting for a car to take them to the first activity of the day.

"Sit down Hyung, your making me anxious" Seungkwan said patting the bed beside him.

Jeonghan looked up at Seungkwan and nodded. Quickly taking a seat beside him. He'd been anxious since they had arrived in Japan especially since he had sent Daena a message to let her know he had arrived safely. She hadn't sent a response and Jeonghan had put this down to it being too late at night and she was probably asleep.

As quickly as Jeonghan had sat down he stood up again. Seungkwan sighed.

Jeonghan pulled his phone out of his pocket. Still no message. He considered sending another message but decided against it, putting his phone back in his pocket.

Seungkwan chuckled from his seat. "Nothing from your girlfriend?" He asked in a mocking tone.

Jeonghan turned slowly to face him.

"What did you say?" he asked coldly.

"I..uhh.. I asked if you had heard from your girlfriend, you know, Daena, she is your girlfriend now right?" Seungkwan asked, his voice laced with his usual sass.

Jeonghan shook his head and sat down beside Seungkwan again.

"I'm an idiot" he muttered.

"What? Why?"

Jeonghan looked up at Seungkwan. "I never actually asked her" he said quietly.

"Asked her what?"

"To be my girlfriend, I thought it went without saying but now I think maybe I should have done that before leaving" Jeonghan said as he ran a hand through his hair causing it to stick up all over the place.

Seungkwan reached out and fixed Jeonghans now messy hair. "I'm sure it's fine, try not to worry"

Jeonghan nodded. He planned on fixing this when he could call Daena later during a small break in their schedule.

A knock came from the hotel door.

"Come on, the car is here" came Joshua's voice.

-

Daena had been watching the clock impatiently for the whole last hour. The class she was teaching felt like it would never end.

She had bumped into Leah that morning before classes had started in the staff area. Leah had been out of town for the few days that had followed Jeonghan's visit so Daena hadn't had a chance to update her.

Leah had taken one look at Daena's grinning face and begged Daena to meet her for coffee after work.

Daena had agreed but suggested Leah come over to her apartment instead.

Finally the clock showed that class was over and Daena dismissed her students.

After they had all exited her classroom and Daena was alone she pulled her phone from her bag which she kept under her desk during school hours.

She had 2 messages and a missed call.

The missed call was from Jeonghan. Daena realised he didn't know her schedule well enough to know when she was able to take calls and knowing how busy his schedule would likely be he had probably called during his only break.

For the few days that had passed since the pair had agreed to see where this would take them Daena had started to realise what Jeonghan meant when it said it wasn't easy dating a idol. Daena hadn't seen him since that day and they had only had the opportunity for brief phone calls.

Although she had done a pretty good job of working around Joshua's schedule for the past few months this felt different. She had been thinking about all the things she wouldn't be able to do with Jeonghan, simple things like going for dinner or going to the movies.

Daena sighed loudly and opened her messages.

The first was from Jeonghan.

'I guess your working. Sorry I missed you, was really hoping to talk to you today'

Daena frowned at her phone. Jeonghan had made it sound like that was the only time he would be able to call and she didn't like the idea of missing out on talking to him today.

She sent a quick reply.

'It's okay. I know your busy. Let me know when you next have a break in your schedule and we can talk then'

Daena looked at the message she had just sent and realised it sounded too formal so added another quickly.

'Miss you'

As soon as she sent it she cringed and wished she could take it back. Maybe it was too soon to be missing him. They weren't even really officially dating. Maybe she sounded too clingy. It was too late to change it though. The message was sent.

Daena checked her other message. It was from Leah letting her know she would meet her at the apartment rather than outside the school.

Daena packed her things away quickly and grabbed her belongings so she could leave.

Before she did though she realised she hadn't heard from Joshua since she had spoken to him that day. She suddenly felt very guilty. She wanted to stay friends with him more than anything and had promised to make time for him and here she was only a few days later doing the opposite.

She quickly tried calling him but it went straight to voicemail. Clearly the whole group were busy right now.

So she sent him a text message.

'Hope your flight was okay. Enjoy Japan. Miss you'

Daena waited a moment to see if she would get a response but when one didn't come she put her phone in her bag and started her walk home.

The walk from the school didn't take long and now the days were getting warmer Daena was trying to walk more anyway.

The evening air was slightly chilly so she sped up her walk and reached home in almost record time.

Leah was nowhere to be seen yet so Daena let herself into her apartment and threw her bag down on the couch.

Her phone buzzed from inside it. Thinking it was Leah letting her know where she was she grabbed it quickly.

The message wasn't from Daena but Jeonghan.

'Oh, you miss me? Specifically me or Shua as well?'

Daena rolled her eyes and laughed lightly, she knew Jeonghan had seen her message to Joshua. She typed out a quick reply.

'Both of you, definitely both of you'

Jeonghan's reply came instantly.

'I see, do you miss the others as well? shall I let them know for you?'

Daena chuckled. She decided to keep playing along.

'Please, especially Hoshi, tell him I miss him the most'

Daena waited for a reply but none came. She was starting to think maybe she had upset Jeonghan and was about to send an apology when his reply finally came.

'Fine, I'll tell him but I would hope you miss me the most. I miss you'

Daena read the message and smiled. She did miss Jeonghan the most. Admitting her feelings for him had only made them grow and she found herself thinking of him often.

'I do miss you Jeonghan'

'Good, Shua said you finish work around this time. Can I call tomorrow around now? I have to go back to work now'

'That would be perfect'

Jeonghan responded with a thumbs up.

Daena put her phone down on the coffee table and went to go and take her shoes off.

A knock at the door signalled Leah's arrival.

Daena couldn't help but think the timing was perfect, almost like Leah gave her the time to speak to Jeonghan.

Daena headed to the door to let her friend in and update her on her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 2K 26
Love had never been an easy thing for Lee Hyejin, not in the past and certainly not now. After finally having experienced the 'love' she wanted, fate...
68.1K 3.1K 101
Loves to read FANTASY and FANFIC at the same time? Here's one for you ā¤ ~ I am just an ordinary fan of the group SEVENTEEN, I was having a camp when...
790 4 18
A story with seventeen. A break up, that made the hearts of a young teen break a million pieces as it made like the world is gonna end on her part. Y...
170K 3.4K 52
Yoon Yuju is the sister of Yoon Jeonghan, the one and only angel of SEVENTEEN. What happens once she moves in, meets the boys, and encounters one sca...