Paris

Da 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

51

263 14 3
Da 19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

   It was difficult returning to the party, not only because of my poor outlook on it.

   It was hard to see where I was heading due to my eyes continually misting over and slowing me down. I had to sometimes stop to clear them before continuing. Once I finally arrived back at the party, I made sure the coast was clear and entered the very room I had left.

   "Spots off," I said, voice sounding grated. After the suit was gone, all my adrenaline vanished and my energy depleted. I slowly descended to the floor to sit, legs tucked underneath. A sniffle sounded from my nose.

   I felt so overwhelmed with emotions, wanting to break down and sob my eyes out. Yet, I had to stay strong. I could not cry, not while I am here. I cannot let anyone see me as a mess or it might raise suspicion. I could mourn once I am in the safety of my bedroom.

   Tikki silently floated nearby in low spirits.

   "I am sorry," I apologized to the Kwami. Tikki probably had known Master Fu for a very long time. They had to be close friends.

   "If I...If I had just been more vigilant of our surroundings...he would...he would not have..."

   I could not finish my sentence as my throat tightened. My hands clenched into fists, trembling in my lap. I tried to hold in my sorrow by biting on the bottom of my lip.

   This is all my fault. All my fault.

   "Oh Marinette, none of this was your doing," Tikki assured me in such a quiet voice, "You are not at fault and did your best like always."

   "Unfortunately, my best was not enough," I quavered, right on the edge of losing myself to despair. Tikki frowned, leisurely floating closer before hugging the side of my face.

   "Do not think such things when they are far from the truth," the Kwami replied, softly, "If this is the way it was meant to be, then it shall be. We cannot sit on "what ifs" or "what could have beens." It will only lead you down a road of misery. We cannot stop destiny's plans even if we tried. We just have to learn how to live with our scars and continue on."

   A part of me knew that Tikki was right but I could not help myself to deny continuing on. I will never forget Master Fu and Tikki wants me to just go on like he had never existed? How could she say something like that? I could never forget the man who changed my life for the better!

   "I cannot continue from-from that. I cannot simply forget Master Fu as if putting out a candle. That is not how this works. He brought wonders upon me and showed me kindness," I argued, defensively hugging myself.

   "Good, do not forget," Tikki agreed, "I would never ask such a thing of you. I apologize if I was not clear enough. What I meant was...it will be difficult but do not hold onto these feelings forever. It will take time to heal but do not let them control you your entire life. It will drive you to madness and lose yourself in your grief."

   Now, I understood.

   I do not have to forget Master Fu but I cannot let my feelings get the better of me for the rest of my lifetime.

   I nodded, "Okay."

   I gently placed my hand behind her, returning the embrace. I am very lucky to have Tikki at my side at this moment. If she were not here, I would have endured everything by myself.

   I truly hope the rest of my friends are doing alright, even if they do not feel that way at the moment.

I jolted when hearing something outside a distance away. I probably would have not heard it if I had not left the window open. I peeked outside to see a bright light coming from the poor section. My stomach churned at the sight of the large cloud of smoke rising into the night sky.

"Oh no," I gasped, "Tikki, spots on!"

I raced out the window, gliding across the rooftops toward the burning half of Paris.

{+}{+}{+}

Eight years ago...

Unknown's P.O.V

I peeked around the corner, eyeing the fruit stand merely a few feet away. My stomach growled at the sight, wishing I could already have it. The person selling fruits has been busy talking with a friend, I presume.

I made sure to scope out the area to make sure the crowd of shoppers was dense. It would be a great cover in case I am spotted and need to escape. Some shop owners are very easy-going or not in good shape to chase me. But others are capable of doing so.

If I were to get caught, a scolding would be the best outcome I would receive. Unfortunately, not everyone thought a scolding was a good enough punishment. My brown gaze settled on my left hand with only four fingers remaining.

I have grown better since that incident and have learned.

I can steal food better now.

I scurried my way behind the stands with light feet until reaching my target. Carefully, I crept along the side and reached out for an apple.

"Hey! You rat!"

Without hesitation, I snatched the apple and bolted into the crowd. I could hear footsteps chasing me but I did not look. Looking back was not an option.

I just need to disappear into the forest of shoppers and make a break into an alleyway.

Luck was not on my side today.

A large hand gripped my bicep and yanked me to the ground. The crowd of people immediately dispersed away, watching me and this man from a distance. I tried to scramble away again but only found myself surrounded.

"It is that criminal! She stole bread from me!"

"That rat took some of my meats!"

"She stole from me a few days ago!"

A group of displeased vendors drew closer. But it was the man who stopped me that gripped my arm again. He let out an irritated growl, glaring at me with such distaste. I struggled to escape, only for him to tighten his grasp and hurt my arm.

   "Little wench, you shall pay for stealing from all these good citizens," he spat with venom, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

   I did not say a word, steeling my own glare right back at this man. I did not fear him. I have been in more dire situations before. Dealing with an angry vendor was short of scary in my book anymore.

   Then, he grabbed a handful of my hair and yanked. I shouted out in pain, growling at this awful man. I have to think of a plan before things begin to get messy.

   "Excuse me?"

   The vendor turned his attention away from me but still kept a good hold on me. I decided to see who spoke up as well.

   An elder man stood nearby with a sense of calm radiating off of him. Not too far behind this elderly man was a blonde boy around my age. He did not seem very pleased.

   The vendor and I looked at the elder man in confusion.

   "Is there a problem here?" he asked, remaining levelheaded.

   "You mind your own business, gramps. I am just dealing with a thief who's about to pay her debt," the vendor hissed in my direction. I snarled at him.

   "What did she steal?" the elder man asked.

   "She stole an apple from me," the vendor snapped, getting really annoyed with the elder man. I do not know what this man is doing but he is walking on a very thin line over a canyon.

   "You have done all of this over a mere apple?" he questioned, stroking his beard.

   "A crime is a crime. If we let her go, she will only continue her mischief if no justice is served," the vendor retorted in a huff.

   "Tell me, have you considered why she may have stolen it in the first place?" the old man questioned before turning to the hoard of other angry vendors, "Why she has stolen from what I can tell are all food vendors and no others. I would say she has a justified reason."

   I was baffled by this elder man. He could see what no other person saw in m0e.

   "How is theft justified?!" the male vendor said, befuddled by the elder's explanation. At that moment, my stomach decided to growl, much to my embarrassment.

   "You see a thief. I see a starving child," the elder man answered, "You say there needs to be justice but what you are doing is not just. If we treat everyone like this over little things such as an apple and accuse them without understanding why they did it in the first place, we are no better than the wealthy section."

   "Do you hear me people of the poor section?" the elder man raised his voice so many could hear, "We cannot go against each other in times like this. If we want to thrive and better ourselves, everyone needs to work together—help each other out.

   "I know a majority of you hate the banished wealthy citizens. They have treated us terribly and shown no mercy. But even they can be rehabilitated if given the chance to be better. Why can we not do the same with our fellow people? Where you see a liability, I see soon-to-be greatness."

   I was touched by the elder man's words. He sounded so earnest and filled with genuine truth. I was taken aback. I was not the only one moved by his speech. Many other people were as well.

   The elder man dug into his pocket and pulled out some euros. He extended the money to the vendor.

   "I pay for the apple in exchange for the child," the elder man offered. The vendor stared at the elder man, seeming to deeply think over his words. His grip loosened before urging me forward. Much to my surprise, he was gentle.

   "You may keep the money so long as you keep her out of trouble," the vendor said.

   The elder man smiled and gave a simple nod.

   "I can agree with these terms," he said, placing the euros back into his pocket. He gestured for me to follow, "Come along, child. I shall give you something to eat."

Everyone returned to their business.

I hesitated, unsure if I could trust this elder man. While he did save me, he could want something out of me in exchange.

   "I do not think I will," I replied, "I did not need your assistance. I could have done so on my own."

   "Excuse you?" the blonde boy that I noticed earlier scoffed, approaching us. The elder man stopped the blonde boy.

   "If you insist," the elder man agreed, "My door is open to you if you change your mind. Come along, Adrien. Let us not keep Marianne waiting any longer."

   The two males ventured off, leaving me baffled.

   Who was that elder man? Why did he help me? He was probably using some sort of reverse psychology to trick me. I will not be fooled. I have lived on the streets long enough to know not to trust so easily.

   I cannot trust anybody.

   My stomach growled again. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the apple, eating until the only thing left was the stem.

   I ventured off myself to find shelter for tonight. I could tell there would be a storm and would like to be prepared for it.

{+}{+}{+}

   It has been a few days since meeting that elder man. I have noticed there have been some changes around the section lately ever since the elder man gave his speech.

   People have been helping others more and more. Whether it was moving crates, washing fruits and vegetables, building, or trying to be kinder to banished wealthy people. It is pretty extraordinary.

   It shocks me how much one small male could make such a difference with just his words.

   "Excuse me, young lady!"

   I whipped my attention around, spotting an elder woman with a kind smile. She sat behind a stand with different kinds of bread, jams, berries, bags of yeast, and some more things.

   "May I strike a simple deal with you?" she asked.

   I narrowed my eyes at her, placing up a defensive barrier. I crossed my arms over my chest.

   "What may that be?" I questioned.

   "I will give you two loaves of bread in exchange for your service. I am unable to move these crates anymore. I was wondering if a youth such as yourself could help me?" she asked, pointing over at five crates.

   I glanced between her and the crates in confusion. That was...it? She just wanted me to move some crates. Such a simple task for two loaves of bread? What was she playing at? What is her motive? Usually, people want me to do more dangerous tasks. Whether it was stealing or testing something dangerous for payment.

   Yet, I did not see a speck of deception on her face. Just pure sincerity.

   "That...is all?" I questioned, approaching her stand.

   "That is all I ask of you," the elder woman confirmed with a nod.

   I am a bit surprised she wants a dirty street rat like me anywhere near her products. I could so easily steal something from her display and run away. She would never be able to catch me. I could get more than just two loaves if I wanted to.

   But I had more honor than that. The elder man's words still rang through my head. If this elder lady was giving me a chance then why ruin such an agreement? Maybe, she would be generous enough to offer up another simple task to me again some other day.

  "Then, I agree to this mutual benefit," I accepted. I carefully walked over to the crates, keeping an eye on the elder lady to make sure she did not pull a fast one on me.

   She never did though. She merely kept her attention on a customer that had approached.

   "Where would you like these crates?" I asked. The elder lady turned her attention to me before pointing over at a wagon.

   "Store them in the wagon if you would please. That would be lovely," the elder woman told me before returning her attention to her customer.

   I lifted the first crate and started to move it toward the wagon. My ears had caught the conversation being exchanged between the elder lady and her customer.

   "Are you aware of who that is, Marianne?" the customer questioned, trying to be quiet. She was unaware of my excellent hearing though.

   "Are you?" the elder woman, now known as Marianne, questioned.

   "That is the thief, who is known for stealing food from stands," the woman answered.

   "If all you see is a thief in that young lady, then you are just as blind and ignorant as many others," Marianne defended but not in a harsh way.

She was merely advising the woman, who now stood in silence with a regrettably bowed head. The woman left with her groceries as I was storing the third crate in the wagon. I paused and looked at Marianne in disbelief.

Did she defend me? Why would she do such a thing?

"Thank you," I said, genuinely.

"It is my pleasure, young one. There is no need to be thanking me when it is the right thing to do," Marianne responded humbly.

"Still, I show my sincerest gratitude," I said.

Marianne smiled, well aware of my gratitude and nodded in acceptance, "Very well, young one."

"Please, you may call me Kagami," I offered my name to which her smile brightened.

"Such a strong-willed and beautiful name, it is very fitting for you, Kagami," Marianne complimented before another customer approached.

I have always worn a blank-slated expression. It has been a long time since the last time I felt a warmth in my chest awaken and a smile on my face bloom like on a cherry blossom tree from my old home.

   That is what I felt at that moment.

I continued onto the fourth crate. I was about to pick it up when spotting the very elder man from a few days ago. He was making his way over to Marianne's stand when the unthinkable happened.

An out-of-control horse ran rampant while the cart it pulled wildly followed, damaging anything in its path. The person on the wagon desperately tried to stop the horse only to fall off after a hard run-in with a stand.

The horse continued charging, heading for the unsuspecting elder man.

My eyes expanded to the size of a wheel before instinct kicked in. My feet moved without being told and bolted straight at the elder man.

I tackled him out of the way mere moments before the horse would have trampled him. I quickly stumbled onto my feet and watched as Vesperia paralyzed the horse in its tracks.

"Why thank you, young lady. That was a close one. You have excellent reflexes," the elder man praised.

"It was nothing. My debt has been repaid from assisting me a few days ago. Nothing more," I replied.

"It could be more," the elder man tantalized.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You shall see," he cryptically replied before making his way over to Marianne. I watched him before returning to moving crates. That elder man was an odd one but quite interesting. I wondered what he meant. What awaited me in the future?

I had not known what to expect, especially finding a black box with red etching decorating the top in my pocket. It was later in the evening and found a nice spot to stay for the night. I placed the two loaves nearby before examining the box.

"How did this get into my pocket?" I wondered, opening the lid.

Then, there was a flash of red.

{+}{+}{+}

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

76.3K 4.1K 47
When an akumatized victim begins to attack Marinette with the supervision of Hawkmoth, Chat Noir attempts at being her protector. Due to a distracti...
2.3K 102 10
❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 and just like the last, and like the next, i'll make you fall in love with me over and over again. we can 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 our...
300K 9.6K 37
Marinette has finally gotten everything shes ever wanted. She's working with her favorite fashion designer, Married to the love of her life, who also...
897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...