PARADOX

By Goodreadsbygab

At 17 years old Amina faced a tragedy that changed the outlook of her life forever, or maybe so what she thou... More

 Prologue
PDX1
PDX2
PDX3
PDX4
PDX5
PDX6
PDX7
PDX8
PDX9
PDX10
PDX11
PDX12
PDX13
PDX14
PDX15
PDX16
PDX17
PDX18
PDX19
PDX20
PDX21
PDX22
PDX23
PDX24
PDX25
PDX26
PDX27
PDX28
PDX29
PDX30
PDX31
PDX32
PDX33
PDX34
PDX35
PDX37
PDX38
PDX39
PDX40
PDX41
PDX42
PDX43
PDX44
PDX45
PDX46
PDX47
PDX48
PDX49
PDX50
PDX51
PDX52
PDX53

PDX36

8.4K 561 233
By Goodreadsbygab

January 25th 2023
Dallas, Texas
8:56 pm

"That's how I be wanting to do your ass." Rashad spoke, causing Amina to look up at the TV screen. He was playing a game of GTA, or well, being violent with the pedestrians. Meanwhile, Amina's focus was on her phone, scrolling through TikTok while Rashad was occupied with the game.  "Please—you don't wanna see me." Amina playfully replied. She sat her phone on the coffee table and sent a soft tap to his face. She stood up and began to act as if she was fighting him.

"Told you, you ain't want these problems." Amina teased as she posted up, Rashad lightly snickered all while keeping his attention on his large TV screen. "You know my body—stop playing. I'm not that ho at the club." He replied, his voice always sent a spark through Amina's body, even with a statement so simple. Ironically, the daring utterance made her want to play even more.

"I don't know shit." Amina spoke as she connected another hit. Suddenly, Rashad tossed his controller to the idle side of the couch before springing up and standing in a fighting stance. The duo began to playfully charge at each other, sending Amina into a spiral of laughs. Rashad's jabs were gentle, yet fast. It wasn't long before he picked her up and carried her all the way up the spiral staircase.

"Rashad!" Amina chuckled, "Put me down so I can finish beating your ass." She spoke as she slapped his arm.

"You ain't beat shit." Rashad spoke as he dropped her on the bed. Amina attempted to get back back up and start swinging, but Rashad quickly put a stop to that by putting Amina in a wrestling style headlock. "You fuckin my hair up!" Amina exclaimed as she tried to squirm out of the headlock.

"Say you know my body." Rashad instructed, causing Amina to laugh. "I still don't know shit." She challenged. Rashad used his knuckles to give the top of Amina's head a Dutch rub, which quickly changed her tune. She didn't want any further damage done to her hair.

"I know your body! Damn." Amina called out. Almost instantly, Rashad loosened his grip before placing a kiss on Amina's lips. Amina rolled her eyes before using the back of her hand wipe his kiss off of her lips. Rashad furrowed his eyebrows as he closely eyed Amina. "I play with you like that?" He questioned, Amina held a sly smirk on her face as she seductively shrugged her shoulders. Rashad crashed his lips into hers, allowing them to fall into a full blown kiss. Amina began to remove her gray Skims boxer shorts before she began to help Rashad out of his bottoms as well.

Once they were both fully naked, Rashad began kiss her neck. His slow and passionate kisses had her love dripping wet as she awaited his entry. His free hand gently toyed with her hardened nipple, eventually making his way down to her vagina, making her long for him even more. Unexpectedly, Rashad picked her up and slid into her. This was some real grown shit, and Amina was here for it. They held eye contact as he thrusted in and out at a steady pace. "Yessss." Amina moaned out as she gripped his biceps to combat the euphoric pleasure. Amina tensed up once she felt like she was about to fall.

"Don't worry mama, I got you." Rashad assuringly spoke before kissing her cheek. He stopped stroking and started bouncing Amina on his dick, making their bodies slap together. The feeling of his veiny wood plunging in and out of her was a feeling that she'd never get used to, each time got better and better. Making her eyes water from the ardent ecstasy. The way he held her and affirmed her was something she never experienced before him, this was love making.

"Baby." Amina wailed as she softly placed her hand on the side of his face, she looked in his eyes as she creamed all over his manhood. Rashad tightly held her as he continued to stroke during his orgasm. The pulsation from Rashad made her walls tighten around him like a glove. "Damn." They spoke in unison.

Their lips met again, pulling them into a kiss as he migrated them to the bed. He sat down, bringing them into a straddling position. His hands slowly moved up and down, repeatedly traveling from Amina's shoulders to her baby soft ass. She broke the kiss and grabbed his shoulders for leverage before slowly sliding down his long shaft. She clapped her ass up and down, as if she was dancing. "Shit." Rashad grunted before sending a slap to her ass. He continued rubbing his hands up and down her body, while grunting from the bliss.

Amina's bounces got slower as she started to grow tired, she began to slow grind in a circular motion. Rashad quickly put to stop to that and aided her in bouncing by guiding her hips up and down. Amina moaned as he slammed her up and down, continuously hitting her g spot. Her knees buckled as the feeling of glee roamed her entire body. "Damn, you taking it—good job mama." Rashad spoke before softly kissing her neck. Amina's mouth gapped open as she reached yet another orgasm. She hopped off of Rashad and collapsed on the bed. Rashad gave her ass one last smack before softly kissing the spot he brought pain to.

Amina got up and carried herself into the bathroom. She did her business and washed her hands before returning to Rashad's room. She slipped on his Versace robe before heading to the door, she didn't get far before Rashad called out her name. Amina doubled back and stuck her head in the door so he could see her. "Yeah?" She questioned.

"Where you going mama? Come lay down." Rashad's deep raspy voice carried. "I'm bout to make you a sandwich." Amina announced. Although his performed deserved a feast, he'd have to settle for a sandwich right now. A smile dressed Rashad's face as he laid back, seemingly proud of himself.

January 27th 2023
Dallas, Texas
2:25 pm

Amina's body rocked from one side to the other as Ro hit yet another corner. She quickly learned that he was a fast driver and him owning a fast car didn't help at all. His music was loud, causing a subtle vibration through the car. He drove with one hand, while the other relaxed and ever so often picked up his iPhone, switching through various rap songs. Meanwhile, Amina was on the passenger's side using her foot to press her imaginary break, hoping to slow him down.

They were currently headed to Chalyn's bakery. After Amina explained to her friend what Ro did with restaurants, she immediately suggested that he did the same for the bakery. Figuring that it would be beneficial to all three of their businesses, they acquiesced. Soon, Ro pulled into a parking spot and reached to the back to grab his equipment. "What you rate the ride?" Ro questioned. He was a big "Car man" he loved his dodge challenger like it had a human heartbeat. Amina learned that he was in a car group of other challenger owners, that met up every Saturday—crazy.

"Look here baby, you hitting them corners too goddamn fast. You need to slow this motherfucker down, you understand? I almost spilled my yak on this $200 suit, nigga." Amina recited the scene from Next Friday word for word, causing them both to laugh. "She ain't meant to go slow foo." Ro spoke as they hopped out the car.

"Come on baby, get it together." Amina recited, making herself laugh. "Yeah, whatever motherfucker." Ro replied just like the driver in the movie. He was definitely Amina's kinda friend. They quoted movies and songs all the time and never had to explain the reference to each other, because they knew.

"What's the Bakery called again?" Ro questioned. They walked side by side across the street. The bakery was in a shopping center, that was always super busy.

"Bon Gou." Amina answered, Ro nodded his head. "Creole?" He questioned, which was actually a good question.

"I never asked honestly—her folks from Louisiana though, so probably." Amina replied as she watched Ro swing the door open for her. As always, the fragrance of sweet goods rushed to Amina as she walked in. One of Chalyn's employees instantly greeted them. Amina's recalled that her name was Tasha, she was on the young side and appeared to be the mitochondria of the store when Chalyn wasn't around. "Chalyn!" Tasha called out as she walked to the back.

Ro held his camera up, while slightly moving around. Amina assumed he was getting shots of the interior design. Momentarily, both Chalyn and Tasha returned to the front with smiles on their umber faces. "MiMi." Chalyn squealed as she reached for a hug. "You look good girl." She added as she stepped back to admire her friend.

Amina was dressed in a pair Aeropostale logo fit and flare sweatpants, along with the matching long sleeve shirt. On her feet were a pair of Mongolian fur ugg boots. The outfit brought her back to her high school days, when being fly didn't cost an arm and a leg.

"This is my friend, Pharaoh." Amina introduced the two, they gave each other warm smiles as they both reached for a handshake. "Nice to meet you." Chalyn spoke.

"I feel like I've seen you before—probably in Amina's suite." Ro spoke as he stuffed his free hand into the pocket of his hoodie. "Oh yeah...well nice to meet you again." Chalyn lightly chuckled, causing Ro to do the same.

"I want you to try all of my customer favorites." Chalyn spoke as she walked over to the large clear door refrigerator and grabbed a water and an almond milk, both were in cute glass glass bottles with pink tops. Ro nodded his head in response as he started to set up his equipment. Meanwhile, Amina pulled her phone out of her purse and scanned her Lock Screen to catch up on what she'd missed while her phone was out of her hands. It wasn't much but a couple text from Michelle and Rashad, she opened her February books this morning too, so her email was full of people pleading to get squeezed in since they didn't get the opportunity to book an appointment before the slots filled.

Once Amina looked up from her phone, she noticed Chalyn now had all of the baked goods on the table in front of them. "Where do we start?" Ro questioned, Chalyn sat down and continued to aesthetically arrange the items. "With this one—it's called Mimi's favorite." She explained as she moved the cookie cake closer.

"You got a cookie named after you." Ro chuckled as he playfully nudged Amina, causing her to do the same. "How that happen? I wanna highlight it in the video." Ro spoke.

"I don't really like cake—so, Cha made me a cookie cake for my birthday, in replacement of anything cake like." Chalyn elucidated, Ro nodded his head as he cut a small piece and took a bite. "All my girl ingredients are fresh and the recipes are original too." Amina chimed in, happy to big up her friend. She believed that just like relationships, friendships required you to know the other party's love language. She quickly discovered that Chalyn's was words of affirmation, so she did her best to implement affirmations into their everyday conversations.

"I can tell." Ro replied as he reached for another piece, continuing to nod his head in approval. About 30 minutes later, they concluded the video and Ro announced that he was going to get a head start on editing. Meanwhile, Amina and Chalyn began to engage in small talk.

"You know where I need to go?" Amina questioned as the thought popped into her mind, hoping that she would remember since she was speaking about it and not only thinking it. "Where?" Chalyn questioned, toying with her Diamond name necklace.

"Melo sister in law got a children's boutique and I wanna get something for Rashad's niece." Amina explained. Chalyn raised her eyebrow before laughing, "How you gon' break the nigga heart then shop at his folks store." Ro chimed in, Amina softly nudged him while kissing her teeth before laughing.

"I did not break that nigga heart—and her store ain't got shit to do with him." Amina replied. The narrative that she broke Melo's heart annoyed her. She had 0 relationship dealings with this man, he didn't even know where she lived—if his heart was broken, that was on him.

"When you wanna go?" Chalyn questioned, Amina shrugged. "Whenever is fine." She replied as she used the side of her pointer finger to toy with her thumb ring.

"And what if Melo is there? Or he pops up?" Chalyn questioned, Amina shrugged again. "Then he must woke up and prayed real hard to run into me that morning—he called me the other day." She spoke.

"You answered?" Chalyn questioned as she moved in closer, causing Amina to chuckle. "Rashad did." She answered. Chalyn's eyes widened as she slightly tilted her head. Amina already knew what was coming next, so she decided to go on.

"I was in the bathroom—I didn't hear the conversation at all, but when I walked out, Rashad just simply told me he called...he wasn't mad or nothing." Amina explicated. "Melo hoe ass probably woulda started crying and shit." Chalyn spoke, causing them both to laugh.

Ro looked up from his laptop and shook his head at the two girls, "Y'all hell." He voiced, the girls let out small chuckles as they waved him off and continued their conversation.

January 28th 2023
Dallas, Texas
9:15 pm

Rashad held a focused look on his face as he watched the artist paint. After seeing the progress day by day, he became even more pleased with his choice. Ray, the artist would usually show up around 9am. By noon, he'd take a short recess by 1, and stay till the club opened for late night business. Rashad appreciated the time he was putting in and his work ethic, so he'd always send him on his way with some wings to take home with him.

"Rashad." A woman's voice called out, snapping him out of his daze. He took his attention off of the mural, and placed them to the side. An angry Cass stood there with her right hand on her hip. Rashad was surprised to see her, although he caught word that she still came to the club—he never saw her. "I need a time slot for my spoken word." She announced, shifting her weight to one leg.

"No spoken word tonight." Rashad replied as his eyes scanned around the club. "Why not? I was rudely fuckin interrupted by the fight that your girlfriend caused." She fussed, causing Rashad to tune her out, there wasn't shit to go back and forth about. His eyes traveled to the bar where he noticed two gentleman in suits sitting and casually drinking. Rashad furrowed his eyebrows before kissing his teeth. He knew what Blue's customers looked like, and they weren't wearing suits at 9pm. One of the men turned around, catching eyes with Rashad. He devilishly chuckled before turning back around.

"Get the fuck on Cass, shit." He spoke in an irritated manner, in which he was. All that nagging shit was getting on his nerves, especially at a time like this. Rashad subtly watched as the two men removed themselves from the bar chairs, one man walked out the door while the other dug into his pocket. A couple seconds later, he pulled out a small black wallet and removed a crisp bill. He sat the money on the bar top and took a long swig of the last of his alcoholic beverage.

"Real nice establishment you got here." He voiced, slightly tipping his head forward as he headed for the door. Rashad didn't reply, instead he held a mug on his face. "Fuck." Rashad spoke above a whisper once the man pushed the door open and left.

January 30th 2023
Dallas, Texas
1:23 pm

Amina held the woven basket in the crease of her arm as she pushed open the door to Blue's. Due to the time, it wasn't very busy, but there were still people at the bar. Amina sent greetings through the room as she headed to the back. Once she was face to face with the door, she slightly raised her arm to knock. Almost immediately, Rashad yelled out to grant her entry.

A smile formed on his face as she watched her walk to him, "Wassup mama—you good?" He greeted, Amina nodded her head yes as she sat the basket on the desk and leaned over to kiss his lips. Rashad hugged her torso and kissed her stomach. "That's your purse?" He questioned as he placed his eyes on the large woven basket, causing Amina to chuckle.

"No—it's actually why I came up here. I wanna take you on a picnic." Amina announced, she reached for his chin and began to softly stroke it. Rashad's eyes widened before he lightly chuckled, "A picnic? I ain't ever been on one of those." He spoke.

Without leaving his grip, Amina reached over and pulled the basket closer. She flipped open one side of the top before digging in. "I made us some sandwiches—and I cut up some mangoes, cause I know you like them. It's some chips and some cookies from Cha in here too, oh and some water and Kool aid jammers." She explained.

"Thank you mama." He spoke as he kissed her lips, "Where we having the picnic?" He questioned.

"To the park—the weather ain't as cold as it's been lately, it's perfect." Amina enthusiastically spoke. "Alright, let's go." Rashad spoke as he reached into the drawer and grabbed his keys. Happy wasn't even the word to describe Amina, overjoyed was a much better fit.

"And I brought guess who, so we can play it." Amina spoke. She noticed the game when she went to Target for the picnic basket, the small feeling of nostalgia urged her to repurchase the game. Rashad locked his office before they traveled out the building and to Amina's car, since she was adamant about driving. She sat the basket on the backseat floor before sliding into the driver's seat. She began to drive with plans of routing to a park that wasn't too far away.

The song that Amina left out on began to play, Other side of the game by Erykah Badu. Amina slightly turned it down, allowing it to resume playing. "The mural looking nice." Amina spoke, mustering up conversation. Rashad took his attention away from the window and put it on Amina, nodding his head in agreement.

"Yeah—shit make me wanna paint the whole club, I was thinking the wall across from it could be Harlem." Rashad replied. Amina figured she struck a creative nerve, when she slightly looked over she noticing he was composing an email, to who she assumed was the artist. Eventually, the email turned into a call. Amina turned the music all the way down and continued to drive.

About 8 minutes later they arrived at the park. Amina handed Rashad the basket and she held the blanket in her arms as they walked to find them a good spot. Luckily for them, the park wasn't busy at all. Only a few dog walkers and people sitting on benches in their own little worlds. After the duo found a spot, they worked together to lay the blanket down before sitting on it. Amina opened the basket and began to distribute the contents. "Let me take a picture." Rashad voiced as he grabbed his phone from beside him.

Amina lightly chuckled, "Of what?" She mindlessly opened Rashad's bag of chips before sitting it next to his sandwich. "You—on our first picnic." Rashad spoke as he used his phone to capture the moment.

"It's your first one though, so I should be taking a picture of you." Amina spoke, she grabbed her phone and tapped on the gray camera app. A smile dressed her face as she snapped a couple pictures of Rashad. Once she was satisfied with the amount, she sat her phone down and reached for the Kool aid jammer. Amina pressed the straw down on her leg to remove its protective plastic before poking the thin yellow straw into the juice pouch and taking a sip.

"These boujee ass sandwiches you be making." Rashad spoke before taking a big bite. The sandwich was a Turkey and cheese on toasted sourdough bread. Mayo and pesto were spread on the opposite insides of each slices of bread, she added lettuce for some greenery as well as a few purple onions. "Who taught you how to make them?" He questioned before taking another big ass bite. At this point, his sandwich was gone.

"Nobody really taught me how to make it honestly...I just knew what I wanted my sandwiches to taste like and I made it." Amina slightly shrugged before sitting a potato chip in her mouth. They continued to talk until Amina noticed a big dip in Rashad's mood. He didn't have to say it, she saw it all over his face. He appeared to be agitated with whatever was going through his mind.

"You okay baby?" Amina questioned. Rashad half shrugged as he finished off his juice pouch by tightly squeezing it. Amina furrowed her eyebrows together, Rashad looked up at her and sighed. "I'm good mama—I promise." He assured.

"Obviously not." Amina replied. After that reply, the conversation ceased. The silence that came over the two reminded her a lot of the awkward silences they experienced when they first started coming around each other. "I gotta tell you something Mi." Rashad announced, instantly bringing a wave of anxiety over Amina. The way life treated her made her always expect the worse whenever somebody announced that they had something to tell her. Do this nigga have a baby on the way? Is he seeing somebody else? Is he irritated by being around me now? —Amina thought all at once.

"I think I'm getting a case built on me." He announced. Amina licked her lips before sighing. "What makes you say that?" She questioned.

"Them niggas been following me in vans and shit...and last night they showed up at the club." Rashad answered. Amina sighed again as her eyes began to water, she looked up at Rashad, seeing his face made a single tear fall from her eye.

"C'mon mama—don't look at me like that." Rashad spoke as he reached over to hold one side of her face. Amina was torn, knowing that the feds were actively building a case on him and could potentially lock him up any day now scared her shitless. "So what does this mean?" Amina questioned as she moved his hand off of her face. She knew exactly what it meant, but she was hoping for some kind of silver lining.

"Imma handle it—Aight? You ain't gotta worry about it, so don't." He assured, but Amina wasn't so convinced. If the feds were watching him, they'd probably charge him for an organized crime r.i.c.o—and nobody ever beat that. "How you gon' handle it?" Amina questioned as a few tears tell from her eyes.

"Swear I just told you not to worry bout it." Rashad replied. Amina sighed before tears started rapidly falling from her eyes, "Why everything I love always gotta get taken away from me?" Amina's voice shook as she bursted into tears. Rashad sighed as he pulled Amina into his arms.

"I'm not going no where mama, relax. I told you I got it." Rashad spoke. He kissed her forehead before holding her tightly in his arms. Although Rashad told her not to worry, it was all she could do.

"You need to give it up and go legit—if they're watching you it means that they've been watching you, so just stop now and stop the chance of adding more shit on your back." Amina suggested, deep down in heart hoping that he'd agree. Blue's was doing more than good, and he had other investments that were excelling as well. "It don't work like that mama. I got certain shit that's in the works that I can't just back out of." Rashad responded.

Amina shook her head as she slightly bit down on her lip, that was the dumbest shit she'd ever heard. "I got it and I got you...you good—we good." Rashad spoke as he reached for her chin, he moved in closer and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "Now let me beat ya ass in this lil game." Rashad spoke as he grabbed the game, gaining a small chuckle from Amina.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 1
When two young exchange students travel for a year in education. little did everyone know it would start a sequence of events that would change all t...
94 23 10
Thomas lived in a world where he was invisible to everyone, well except to his stepfather. Life for the 18-year-old wasn't exactly the best, his lif...
3.5K 121 13
The girl with the red hair. She was born with brown but when a pendant possessed with healing powers was placed on her neck at birth her hair changed...
189 16 15
15-year-old Lucy Noble moved into a brand-new house in a whole new town. Only the town wasn't as she thought and neither are the people. Lucy must fa...