This Time Around

By miriotamakinejire

Naruto and Sasuke were the only ones left. Every one of their people had been killed by the goddess. The peop... More

Chapter 1; Saving the lost
Chapter 2; Brought back.
Chapter 3; Another Chance.
Chapter 4; To the Academy, Again.
Chapter 5; Chapter 5
Chapter 6; Nope
Chapter 7; Physically 7 Mentally 27.
Chapter 8; Am I right, or am I right?
Chapter 9; Who Killed It?
Chapter 10; Long Time, No See.
Chapter 11; Old team Seven Reassembles.
Chapter 12; First Priority Who?
Chapter 13; Clownfish is Found.
Chapter 14; Godaime Hokage.
Chapter 15; Da Savior.
Chapter 16; Poor Shizune.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19; History
Chapter 20: Good to be Back.
Chapter 21; Orochimaru
Chapter 22; Akatsuki
Chapter 23; Dine-in With the Uchiha's.
Chapter 24; Zetsu (I)
Chapter 25: Zetsu (II)
Chapter 26; Our Spy is Our Spy
Chapter 27; The Invite
Chapter 28; Yare Yare.

Chapter 17; The Thin Line between Hate and Love.

2.2K 78 30
By miriotamakinejire

Don't forget to vote and Comment. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

This chapter will be dedicated to Sasunaru, so those who don't like this may skip the chapter. This will also be extra long.

And for those who like, I am glad.

LET'S PROCEED.
____________

It was weird, very weird. For the past few weeks, Sasuke has been neglected.

Well, he wouldn't say neglected but purposefully avoided. 

Today was the day he found out why.

It was like it was every day. Sasuke had been up for half an hour last night; thinking about plausible reasons for why this could be happening, but none seemed convincing.

Then his mother forced him to go to sleep. He still doesn't know what kind of power his mother possesses. How did she even know he was awake?

Anyways, fast forward to the morning.

He finds Naruto in the bed. But yeah, that is normal because they slept in it together last night, right? So why was his heart beating so fast?

Naruto was facing the other side. 

Sasuke had all the time in the world to look at the blonde figure, or so he thought.

His mother barged in suddenly, ready to wake the boys up with the sound of banging the pans when she noticed. 

She stilled for a second, looked at the sleeping Naruto, and then looked at the pretending-to-sleep Sasuke; and nodded her head solemnly.

"Patience, Mikoto, patience," she said to herself, "the academy wouldn't mind if these guys missed one day, right?"

She carefully went out the door and closed it.

Sasuke wondered what it was about, but decided to keep his trap closed.

Mikoto SQUEALED.

She ran to Itachi's bedroom, where he was, predictably, asleep. After all, it WAS five in the morning.

Her inner fangirl knew there just couldn't be any other explanation!

Sasuke's focus went back to Naruto. He was purposefully avoiding him, why?

Why?

This annoying question roamed his head in circles and wouldn't get out! They had better things to do, damn it! 

He knew, all this was just a time waste.

But whatever he did, he couldn't bring himself to remove his eyes from Naruto and get ready for the academy which started in about an hour.

It was strangely comfortable.

Suddenly Naruto stirred and Sasuke went rigid. Had he woken up?

"Sa-k..."

Sasuke breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Naruto hadn't woken up.

But, was he muttering in his dream? What was he muttering about?

'Was he having a dream about Sakura?'

Somehow, the question in his mind disappointed him greatly.

His body was so not in his control right now. All he wanted to do was snuggle Naruto to death. And that was weird because best friends don't do that.

He tried ignoring the half-name he heard. Naruto was dreaming about Sakura, so what?

It's not like Naruto didn't have a crush on her. 

Naruto probably liked her. Not him.

Wait, where did that come from? His thoughts were catching him off-guard.

'It isn't like I like him.'

Then he realized; and oh boy was it sudden, he liked Naruto.

'No, there is no way in Juubi's dead body that I like him. No way. he isn't even likable! His clothes choices are the worst! His smile is so stupid and his face is so ugly and clear and beauti— NO SASUKE. STOP YOURSELF.'

Sasuke had to physically prevent himself from thinking about Naruto.

But now that he came to a realization, it made all the more sense why he always worried about what Naruto would think.

He liked Naruto. And he couldn't do anything about it. 

Not when Naruto was dreaming about Sakura.

He left it at that.

Now, his eyes were on his goal, snuggling with Naruto.

He scooted closer, and then closer still, till their faces were inches apart.

For a long time, he lay there adoring his face. One last glance at Naruto's soft lips was all he saw after he promptly went to sleep.

_____

Naruto opened his eyes, only for them to look directly at Sasuke's. 

"Naruto, do you like me?" Sasuke asked.

"Sasuke, W-hat?" His voice came out on itself; he didn't even speak.

Sasuke leaned in for a kiss and Naruto panicked as he called out that name once again, but it now came out broken.

"Sa-k" 

Blackness.

All black.

"Sas-ke?"

Naruto asked.

He had that dream again. 

For months, he was having the same dream, over and over, each night. By now his subconscious mind could almost predict what came next.

Sometimes, Sasuke would kiss him, in his dreams. but it didn't feel like anything; just the face value.

But, it made Naruto's stomach go upside down just thinking that Sasuke wanted him. HIM, of all the other options available to Sasuke on the planet.

All the girls would throw them at his feet if he said so. They were crazy for his good looks.

Naruto stared at the almost perfect face in front of him, it just lacked one thing.

He couldn't pinpoint it.

Maybe it was the ever-present frown on his face, or maybe it was his hair.

But of course, Sasuke wouldn't like him. It had been one-sided for Naruto does not know how long.

Of course, he was never that lucky. He could never be with a guy like Sasuke, so perfect at everything.

He was perfect.

And then he realized the position they were in.

'WHAT THE,' he screamed in his mind, his heartbeat rivaling the pygmy shrew.

He was deathly quiet to even indicate that he was alive.

Sasuke's leg was between his legs, and Naruto's face was in his arms.

Sasuke groaned and snuggled closer.

Naruto was redder than anything you have seen; a bright red shade.

He took a deep breath in, and out.

He had done this for years, he could do for more.

There was no way Sasuke liked him. His mood soured again when he thought about it. 

He took a deep breath to clear his thoughts.

And then he realized the time.

"SHOOT!"

The light entering from the window sill was sunlight, the sun had risen.

The clock showed 8.

"Sasuke! SASUKE! Get up! TEME!" Naruto shouted.

They were late for the academy, like two hours late! 

"Sasuke GET UP!" 

"Your mom is going to be so mad."

"...She isn't. She knows we skipped. Calm down, idiot."

"She does...?"

Naruto stabled himself from where was frantically jumping and turned towards Sasuke to see the cutest scene he may ever witness.

Sasuke was rubbing his eyes like a child, and then he yawned.

Naruto shook his head to clear his thoughts and then came to the point.

"K, t-then there must be something important, right?" he stammered as his eyes met his best friend's.

Those thoughts caught me off guard. God, why did I stutter?

"Very important," Sasuke said seriously getting off the bed and closer to Naruto, an annoyed expression on his face.

Naruto was definitely nervous. His foot moved back as Sasuke moved forward.

"Ah," a sudden voice made through his throat as his back hit the wall. 

Sasuke was inches apart, staring right into his soul.

'It's time I confront him,' Sasuke decided.

Naruto was like a cornered animal, back with the wall; Sasuke's hands were on either side of the wall behind his head.

"WHY are you avoiding me?" He asked, a little angry now.

"What? Me? No way," Naruto tried to play it off.

"Don't think I didn't notice you staring at me in the class. Every time I cross your path, you avoid meeting my eyes, and you didn't talk to me for TWO days," it was true.

"I-I," Naruto was speechless.

During those years, the feelings he had for Sasuke didn't affect their relationship. But now, they were growing rapidly.

So much that a slight touch of their hand could leave him with goosebumps.

He couldn't look Sasuke in the eyes. He was avoiding him like the plague. 

All this so Sasuke didn't know about his feelings.

"Answer me, did I do something wrong? I will not repeat it. Just talk to me," Sasuke said.

Naruto could see the sincerity in Sasuke's eyes. He was really serious about this.

His legs went all gooey thinking that Sasuke cared about him so much that he would confront him about this.

"Nah, don't worry about it, heh. Everything's totally fine," Naruto laughed, eyes fixed on the ground, avoiding any type of eye contact.

If he looked into Sasuke's eyes now, so close to him, he would definitely melt.

"Naruto," Sasuke hesitated.

Sasuke did not know which god blessed him with such amounts of courage to corner Naruto into admitting why he was not talking to him. Finally, did he understand why it hurt so much when Naruto ignored him.

He had feelings for him.

"Do you like Sakura?" Sasuke didn't even know which part of his stupid brain decided to bring up this topic, but it was out, so on with it.

Naruto's eyes widened.

Did Sasuke like Sakura? Was that why he was asking him this?

'Oh please don't tell me we are in a love triangle,' Sasuke chanted in his mind.

"D-do you?" Naruto's shakily whispered.

"No," Sasuke's voice was firm.

"Then, why?" Naruto asked an abstract question. But Sasuke knew what he was referring to.

"You were calling syllables of her name in your sleep," he said truthfully.

"Oh, I think you misunderstood. It... wasn't her name," Naruto said, embarrassed on finally figuring out the happenings.

"Then whose-" Sasuke's eyes widened as his heart fluttered with hope. His eyes rapidly moved towards Naruto as Naruto made contact with a blushing face.

Oh. OH.

He understood what was going on.

"Naruto, do you like me?"

"Sasuke, w-hat?" Naruto froze. His voice came out on its own, a muscle memory. This was exactly what happened in his dream.

One look at the surroundings made him realize that... that his dream was coming true.

He gasped as he felt something on his lips and then nothing, blackness. He had closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes to find Sasuke blushing.

'He likes me,' Naruto.

'He FUCKING LIKES ME,' Naruto thanks whoever god is out there doing this to him.

Without overthinking, or thinking, for that matter; Narto lunges forwards and presses his lips against Sasuke's once more.

He gasps when he feels something enter his mouth, hot.

It was Sasuke's tongue.

They had communicated all they wanted to. They liked each other, there is no denying it.

They both liked each other.

Butterflies fluttered in both of their stomachs as they fought for dominance. Sasuke won.

When they both parted away, Sasuke could see Naruto's dazed expression and he smirked.

"Dobe," he said as he hugged and placed his head upon Naruto's shoulder.

"Teme," Naruto returned as he pressed his face into Sasuke's chest.

They were complete, no one could break them now.

"I think I like you," Naruto voices with some hesitation.

Sasuke smiles, "I think I like you too."

"Wanna go grab some ramen with me this evening? My treat!" Naruto was back to his energetic self.

Naruto looked upwards to face Sasuke.

"Yeah, I would love that," there were no more misunderstandings between them. 

 __________

This was a special 1.8k word for you guys, you better vote. The only thing keeping me awake at this point is my motivation, your appreciation, and coffee.

Have a wonderful day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 51.4K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
56.6K 2.1K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...
184K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
798 20 5
After the great 4th ninja war and when the fight was ongoing with Kaguya Otsatsuki team 7 which is kakashi katake naruto uzumaki sakura haruna sasuke...